[drama 2007] Golden Era Of Daughter In Law 며느리 전성시대

Guest JOJO2002

Guest babymarzy07

I may be a voice in the wilderness to be alone on this impression .... Boksu & Mijin are adorable, fine, especially Boksu who sincerely loves MJ. But I'm not into their type of childish behavior. I see Suhyeon as the central figure as dil coz she exemplifies a character that has to give in to the demands of an overbearing mil. She is a suffering wife as well who is neglected by an indifferent husband who is tied to the memory of a failed marriage, maybe out of guilt for abandoning a less than perfect wife in the eyes of his mother. Let's see what happens ... KBS World's latest episode showed Suhyeon's husband traced the whereabouts of his sick ex-wife. <_<

hi carmina! nice to see you here after a while :)

id like to explain as Suhyeon is really trying hard to meet her MIL's wants and expectations.

this is the traditional DIL.

while Mijin is the type to be pampered by her MIL sooo much.

she is an example of the modern DIL.

the one struggling with her new adjustment but still loving her old life.

SUhyeon's husband is pretty bad.

Id think his family is too.

Especially his mom.

She can be too much

When in fact, her background is similar to Boksu's

She just married rich.

I think Suhyeon trying to be perfect too

That's why things have become hard for her

Mijin is different for me because she speaks her mind most of the time

Suhyeon on the otherhand sometimes like to keep to herself and not as vocal (she's opening up to Kiha)

That's why we can see very striking differences between the two.

I cant wait to see what happens

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adorableTGIF

i do think it's terrible how boksu's family is making mijin do all the work when they could get boknam to help out too. maybe it's revenge time for mijin's mom if she gets boknam as dil ... although ... in-woo will probably fight for her more than boksu will ever do for mijin being the filial son he is.

I really felt bad for Mijin, especially when she said that her MIL doesn't care for her because she's only the DIL, I don't really expect Boksu's family to love Mijin immediately because they just starting to know each other. But at least they should treat her with some consideration and stop treating her like a maid.

I can't wait for Boknam and Inwoo to get married. I wonder how Boknam will do as a DIL

I hope Inwoo would continue to be sweet and protect her always

Guest Happy_Day

Wow, this drama just gets better and better. The first few episodes really dragged for me, but now I'm really hooked and I'm on ep 22ish I think. I think I'll go back and rent the first 10 or so that I missed just to catch up.

Can someone tell me the ratings for this drama?! On Naver, it's not doing so good, but I don't understand why. It seems to underrated!

Right now, all the relationships are so intriguing. MiJin and BokSu's story is so cute and sometimes really frustrating because BokSu is too much of a Mama's boy in my opinion.

I also LOVE InWoo and BokNam's story, because they are so perfect for each other!! I think InWoo is my favorite guy character in the whole drama.

And the story between SuHyun and that photographer is sooooo interesting. I think I can relate to SuHyun most in the drama, that's why. Do you think the photographer really likes her or is using her for revenge though? Can someone tell me because right now I really can't tell what he is thinking..

One thing that irritates me though is SuHyun's mother-in-law seems so unrealistic. Is there really such a mother-in-law in real life? Because she is wayy too much, and I don't understand why SuHyun just takes it all, because in her workplace she is very outspoken and knows how to take care of things. But I don't know her background story because I didn't watch the first 10-15 episodes of this drama.

Guest Happy_Day

I am really looking forward to watching episodes 29 and 30. I can't wait to watch both episodes. I just adore Boknam and Inu. It's nice to watch how they grew to like each other.

I'm sorry, so how did they grow to like each other? I know he's always running around after her to get her scripts that are always late, but right now they just annoy each other. It's hard to imagine that they'll grow to like each other.

Also, is BokNam a really famous scriptwriter? It doesn't seem like it, she's always scraping by and jsut meeting the deadlines and stuff.

Wow, this drama just gets better and better. The first few episodes really dragged for me, but now I'm really hooked and I'm on ep 22ish I think. I think I'll go back and rent the first 10 or so that I missed just to catch up.

Can someone tell me the ratings for this drama?! On Naver, it's not doing so good, but I don't understand why. It seems to underrated!

Right now, all the relationships are so intriguing. MiJin and BokSu's story is so cute and sometimes really frustrating because BokSu is too much of a Mama's boy in my opinion.

I also LOVE InWoo and BokNam's story, because they are so perfect for each other!! I think InWoo is my favorite guy character in the whole drama.

And the story between SuHyun and that photographer is sooooo interesting. I think I can relate to SuHyun most in the drama, that's why. Do you think the photographer really likes her or is using her for revenge though? Can someone tell me because right now I really can't tell what he is thinking..

One thing that irritates me though is SuHyun's mother-in-law seems so unrealistic. Is there really such a mother-in-law in real life? Because she is wayy too much, and I don't understand why SuHyun just takes it all, because in her workplace she is very outspoken and knows how to take care of things. But I don't know her background story because I didn't watch the first 10-15 episodes of this drama.

on naver it's not doing any good .??

er but i thought the ratings are going well .it normally get over 23% and just last week the esp 36 reach the 30 % mark ..

---------------------------------------------------------------

TNS Esp 36

Nationalwide: (2) 2. 주말연속극<며느리전성시대> KBS2 29.0 (+3.4)

Seoul (2) 1. 주말연속극<며느리전성시대> KBS2 29.3 (+3.6)

AGB Esp 36

Nationalwide : (2) 2. 주말연속극<며느리전성시대> KBS2 30.5 (+3.7)

Seoul (2) 2. 주말연속극<며느리전성시대> KBS2 32.3 (+4.0)

only till recently .the photographer know who her husband is .before that .he never knew .that she is related to his sister husband at all .i think there was a mutual attraction there .happening between him and suh hyun ...and with the family happenings ...suh hyun just get push closer to him ....seriously that husband of hers...sigh ! ... he was a lousy husband to both his wives !! he didnt even know his first wife was preggie when they seperated

ya sometimes i wonder ther sharp contrast between suh hyun in her work and her home .. She actually was introduced to Dr go by .dr go's mother .who had eyed her as an ideal daughter in law because of her background .not because of weath but decent and reputable as her father is some professor or principle ..furthermore she looks like those perfect daughtre in law material .with the grace and elegant , intelligence .

Also, is BokNam a really famous scriptwriter? It doesn't seem like it, she's always scraping by and jsut meeting the deadlines and stuff

i dun think she is very famous haha .as in writing boxoffice hit .but she goes by .i suppose ~ --;;

its not hard to imagine they will like each other ..~ lol it just slowly bloom without knowing .........ahhh that bear hug he give her was sweeeet...~~..that esp ...

After watching ep 35, I am disappointed:

I

t seems the show has been dragging on Boknam's love life. On the prvfiew for ep 36, it seems Boknam wants to break up the relationship, just because the parents are not happy with each other? I don't like the reason that the parents are already in-laws with each other. It's too out-dated in this time and age. Even the series say it's allowed under the law since 1999. So, what's all this fuss about nothing!

Guest mingteo

hello cococrust i'm still waiting for episodes 35 & 36.........I know how busy you are uploading the other drama series but please don't 4 get this drama ..................... thanks and god bless :D

You're going to have to just chill and sit tight like everyone else. He/She knows that we are all waiting PATIENTLY for those episodes. If he/she hasn't uploaded them yet, you might want to sit tight and not pester him/her or consider taking a drive to your local Korean video store or going to kbs.co.kr and watching it streaming if you can't wait.

It's finals time for most of us, you should expect a gap of a week or two. After all, it's not like we're paying Cococrust to take his/her time to upload everything.

Guest hazelnutz24

i like this drama..n watchin it at kbs..i miss the first epiosde n some few episode..will appreciate if some1 can upload the drama i was not able 2 see the past link provided here..i like the main actor -boksu he's handsome.the show is funny.

hi carmina! nice to see you here after a while :)

id like to explain as Suhyeon is really trying hard to meet her MIL's wants and expectations.

this is the traditional DIL.

while Mijin is the type to be pampered by her MIL sooo much.

she is an example of the modern DIL.

the one struggling with her new adjustment but still loving her old life.

SUhyeon's husband is pretty bad.

Id think his family is too.

Especially his mom.

She can be too much

When in fact, her background is similar to Boksu's

She just married rich.

suhyeon's husband is really too "coward" . . Of course , his mother was part of his first marriage failure with her overly demands on the requirements of a daughter in law but he as a husband .he just give me an impression , he didn't really understand what his first wife went through ...was he just too busy or ? ..obviously he love her so much ..but yet ..there was so much he didn't know .

i think suhyeon's mother in law was previously *drilled* very roughly by her own mother in law. tsk hence also another form of outlet for her to vent out her *emotions* .while she had been trying so hard to be a prefect daughter in law .she demand the same of her own .

suhyeon and mijin demostrated different types of daughter in law and also with different mother in laws ..~even when bokso's mother probably might be a bit childish in her demands and stuff .but often there are mother in law such as her around ..more then suhyeon's mother in law ..

==

i think the objection to Inu and Boknam is not merely the parents dont like each other . is basically something which kinda of create chaos in the family "relationship" the elderly cant really take in just so simply yet .but still it is not so major you cant resolve or learn to accept ..of course they want their family blessing for their marriage , that is what is making Boknam wanting to back out .of their relationship . ..she cant take the pressure and stress of seeing the family and also Inu being caught in difficult situation . ...the entire family is just upset at the prospect of how "complicated" the whole affair is ..

anyway ..after watching esp 34 ~ heh i cant help but watch the esp 35 and 36 streaming on line !! ..omo hahahha it was touching and hilarous at the same time ..~~ awwwwwwwwwwwwww seriously this drama the romance vibes seem to be coming from boknam and inwoo more then from mijin and boksu .. ^^but both couples are cute in their own way ~~

ohhhhh this was what happen in esp 37 and esp 38

boknam was unable to go through all the pressure and agony of having the entire family objecting their relationship .she didnt want to see her family being so hurt by her *love relationship with the inlaw ! * ..so she wanted to break up with Inu ..and said very cruel words to him ...that she just into the relationship for the experience ..and etc ~ making it sound so harsh~~..poor Inu heart was broken .......at first , he refuse to accept what boknam was saying ..insisting she is lying.~...but then after time and again ..he also get upset and felt really heart broken at Boknam words to him..so sad ..he really love her so much .......standing outside her house ..calling her name .IN THE cold ! ..gosh ...lol of course that wake the whole family up ...the men of the house went out ..wanted him to give up and leave ..but he didnt . the father i thought he was going to beat him up again but ...hahah instead he dragged Inu into the shop for drinks ....i dun really get what he was lecturing Inu about ..but probably asking him WHy BOKNAM there so many other girls outside ..etc ..but that silly fool ..just ..wasnt persuaded ...THEN even the father was too drunk .haha he left the Inu at the shop ..collapsed from too much soju onto the table and still he keep mumbling Boknam name ~~

Just then , granny wake up .to get some water haha er strange she didnt get to hear the previous shouting eariler ..anyway ..she suddenly saw this Inu in the shop ..drunk and calling out her granddaughter name !! she was like HUH!!! .what the inlaw doing here and calling Boknam name ..keke the next scene only show ..Inu in his own bed ...shivering ..i think he really got quite sick standing in the cold the night before . [ i thought what happen to the scene of the granny discovering him ~~ the writer has a surprise and place it in the next esp !!! lol ]

okay ..so Inu was really discouraged and decide to take the advice of his mother and go to USA~~ .. BOknam know of this .....and ...........kek .of course she cant take it anymore and run! to his house ..call him from the front of his house. .

the two lovebirds finally make up .~!^^ ...Inu is really such a sweet guy ...he saw her in her slippers and it was so cold . he let her wear his shoes !! ......awwwww

so the next step of course was the formal *asking for your daughter hand in marriage scene * hhahahah he did it once before .but was rejected ..and Boknam was not there beside him .this time it is different . the two are officially asking for permission to be married ~^^

the expression of the parents of boknam was this ..

119659929863060.jpg

119659928710315.jpg

Inu 's mother was running after Inwu with a hockey stick when he told her about it ~~lol

but as we all suspected , the Boknam's father was the one who give up first ..~ he such a nice father ^^ ....SO the next big issue is how to tell it to the granny . hahahha that scene was hilarous .~ ..they even make up a family chart ..trying to explain and break the news as gently as they could to the granny !!

119659930368783.jpg

when they come to the pt of how Boknam ..and Inwu are going to be link .up further in the family chart . the father voice was like trembling ..., mijin and mother in law was edging closer to the door ....AND WHEN the father finally get to the point !! THE GRANNY ROARED !! .wow i never seem her display such fury before haha ....and the family run as fast as they could for cover ...Bokso run the fastest ...lol he even forget his wife ....who come right after him ...and with the mother in law ..following close ..behind wanting to hide in their room ! ..boknam was of course in the blanket hiding ........And the father was in the room .praying for this to be over .

the next morning , the granny walk out with a bag ...lol she was going to the temple to stay ~!!

but unknown to the entire family ~ kek actually granny know about this Inwu and Boknam .relationship . it was that night when she saw Inwu drunk in the shop ....calling Boknam name she did went :mellow: .* esp 36 recap that scene again but play it further more .into what happen [ the granny went to bOknam room .and hear her weeping under the blanket ] ....granny did figure out what was happening. lol but she never told the familly .~ i think she roared out also because the entire family kept her in the dark too `~

not to worry though ..the granny ..come down from the temple ..and happen to run into Boknam ..in the street while coming home .they share a talk ...i think she know the two are really in love ..and SO .she agree ..to the marriage .to the dismay of boknam's mother ...SHE WAs saying NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ..mijin too was shocked the granny approve haha~!!

the last scene of esp 36 end with the *mother in law meeting again * this time for another wedding hahahaha ~ ..

Guest love.peace.happiness.

i've been watching this drama but only up to ep 6 because i can't find anyone who is subbing this drama..can anyone tell me if any of the Fansubs are going to sub this drama?? i love it so far and i want to continue watching it til the very end.. btw how many eps are there total?? thanks

Guest adorableTGIF

Shirley, thank you so much for the summary you made for eps. 35 and 36. I'm looking forward to watching it. I just finished watching ep.29.

Ep.29 is one of my favorite episodes. Inu was just so sweet.

Guest adorableTGIF

I'm sorry, so how did they grow to like each other? I know he's always running around after her to get her scripts that are always late, but right now they just annoy each other. It's hard to imagine that they'll grow to like each other.

I think it was really Inu who started liking Boknam first. In the beginning he was chasing after her because of the script. But later he started using the script as an excuse to hang out with Boknam. There were small hints showing that Inu was treating Boknam other than an in-law or a somebody to take care because of the script.

Like the time he bought her a shirt with I Love You written over it which got switched with his mom's birthday gift. There was also this one time when Boknam was sick, and Inu spoke back to the grandmother because she was treating Boknam harshly. And when he followed Boknam to the Tai Chi center instead of going to the pig's feet shop to help Mijin.

Guest Happy_Day

on naver it's not doing any good .??

er but i thought the ratings are going well .it normally get over 23% and just last week the esp 36 reach the 30 % mark ..

TNS Esp 36

Nationalwide: (2) 2. 주말연속극<며느리전성시대> KBS2 29.0 (+3.4)

Seoul (2) 1. 주말연속극<며느리전성시대> KBS2 29.3 (+3.6)

AGB Esp 36

Nationalwide : (2) 2. 주말연속극<며느리전성시대> KBS2 30.5 (+3.7)

Seoul (2) 2. 주말연속극<며느리전성시대> KBS2 32.3 (+4.0)

only till recently .the photographer know who her husband is .before that .he never knew .that she is related to his sister husband at all .i think there was a mutual attraction there .happening between him and suh hyun ...and with the family happenings ...suh hyun just get push closer to him ....seriously that husband of hers...sigh ! ... he was a lousy husband to both his wives !! he didnt even know his first wife was preggie when they seperated

ya sometimes i wonder ther sharp contrast between suh hyun in her work and her home .. She actually was introduced to Dr go by .dr go's mother .who had eyed her as an ideal daughter in law because of her background .not because of weath but decent and reputable as her father is some professor or principle ..furthermore she looks like those perfect daughtre in law material .with the grace and elegant , intelligence .

i dun think she is very famous haha .as in writing boxoffice hit .but she goes by .i suppose ~ --;;

its not hard to imagine they will like each other ..~ lol it just slowly bloom without knowing .........ahhh that bear hug he give her was sweeeet...~~..that esp ...

Oh wow! Yeah, on Naver for the most searched dramas, it was in the 20s. Maybe it was just for that day. I'm glad it's doing well. I didn't know that the photographer didn't know SuHyun was the wife of his sister's husband. I thought he was being nice to her to seduce her. OH I CANT' WAIT UNTIL THEY BOTH FIND OUT THEIR COMPLEX RELATIONSHIPS!!!!! I REALLY HOPE THEY END UP TOGETHER. I think that doctor husband is like incapable of any real emotion, jeeze.

Why is the doctor's mom so evil to SuHyun when she was the one who chose her for her son? Did she gradually start to dislike her or something? It's probably because SuHyun is so quiet and expressionless which is what the mother-in-law always complains about. But the quiet, obedient type is what the mother-in-law likes, so what's the big deal? She will NEVER find a daughter-in-law she truly likes.

Is it just me, or does the doctor's mom kind of loosen up around MiJin? There was this one scene when it seemed like she wanted to laugh, but I couldn't really tell for sure. Haha~

I think it was really Inu who started liking Boknam first. In the beginning he was chasing after her because of the script. But later he started using the script as an excuse to hang out with Boknam. There were small hints showing that Inu was treating Boknam other than an in-law or a somebody to take care because of the script.

Like the time he bought her a shirt with I Love You written over it which got switched with his mom's birthday gift. There was also this one time when Boknam was sick, and Inu spoke back to the grandmother because she was treating Boknam harshly. And when he followed Boknam to the Tai Chi center instead of going to the pig's feet shop to help Mijin.

Haha, Inu is soooooooooooooooooo cute. I'm glad he thinks BokNam is so beautiful, when no one else thinks so hahaha~

One other thing I don't understand is why the whole family kind of looks down on BokNam. Even in her character description, she is described as the aemoolddangee of the family (which means like the dud of the family).

Even though she is not successful, she still has a steady job right? Or do her parents still support her financially? Is she not able to support herself?

Her dad is always like "What are we going to do with her. She's always rolling around the house!"

:"(

Shirley, thank you so much for the summary you made for eps. 35 and 36. I'm looking forward to watching it. I just finished watching ep.29.

Ep.29 is one of my favorite episodes. Inu was just so sweet.

oops .i got it wrong the esp .lol i watched the esp 37 and esp 38 ~~ esp 29 ...was it the white teddy bear hug scene !! ? ke i cant really rem which esp ...but that was just so adorable and soo sweeeeet scene ..THE WHITE BEAR HUG SCENE ! .finalllly he confessed ..that he like her ..[ it was kinda of touching too ..seeing how boknam was so scared after Inu left her with the blind date ..and he too was so worried sick of what happen that he sit outside her street to wait .. ]

.and what come later is just so cutee and hilarious at times . .~~ ..the two of them romancing ...till the mijin and mother in law discover them ^^!!~

Oh wow! Yeah, on Naver for the most searched dramas, it was in the 20s. Maybe it was just for that day. I'm glad it's doing well. I didn't know that the photographer didn't know SuHyun was the wife of his sister's husband. I thought he was being nice to her to seduce her. OH I CANT' WAIT UNTIL THEY BOTH FIND OUT THEIR COMPLEX RELATIONSHIPS!!!!! I REALLY HOPE THEY END UP TOGETHER. I think that doctor husband is like incapable of any real emotion, jeeze.

Why is the doctor's mom so evil to SuHyun when she was the one who chose her for her son? Did she gradually start to dislike her or something? It's probably because SuHyun is so quiet and expressionless which is what the mother-in-law always complains about. But the quiet, obedient type is what the mother-in-law likes, so what's the big deal? She will NEVER find a daughter-in-law she truly likes.

Is it just me, or does the doctor's mom kind of loosen up around MiJin? There was this one scene when it seemed like she wanted to laugh, but I couldn't really tell for sure. Haha~

One other thing I don't understand is why the whole family kind of looks down on BokNam. Even in her character description, she is described as the aemoolddangee of the family (which means like the dud of the family).

Even though she is not successful, she still has a steady job right? Or do her parents still support her financially? Is she not able to support herself?

Her dad is always like "What are we going to do with her. She's always rolling around the house!"

:"(

the ratings goes up higher to 31% last weekend . ^^

i think the mother in law of Suhyun wont ever find the perfect daughter in law ..to met her demands . Morever , i think she blaming Suhyun for not taking care of her husband more ..--;; ..and the son himself is not helping but still harbour such bitterness against her ..that what really get to her i think . .so in a way .she lashing it out on the daughter in law ? ... i dun know .i think it had to do with the mother in law having emotional issues of her own .....

as for Boknam ..lol sometimes she do look like the dud of the family --;;...she just get lock up in her room and keep writing and EVEN that she always late for her script ...the family cant help but wonder what the hell is she doing actually !! ....i dun think they really look down on her ..aka in the despise way .but ..probably to them ..its quite a hard task to get her married off plus she dont really have such a stable job .AND dont really help around much in the house --;;

...[ ohhhh there was this scene when the granny did say ..might as well kept her in the house then ....seeing there 's really no prospect of ever seeing her get married ? ] ...i thought the granny does somehow meant well .

as for the father .keke i think he just so used to saying such things

btw .strange .are they ever going to show us bokso 's sisters. those that had got married .. :unsure: i was so sure .that they mentioned bokso has three or two other sisters ..?

kek anyway this is in esp 38 ...the kissing does look a bit werid .~~ seeing her pouting her lips like that ..(boknam also crying too much like a baby sometimes --;.. ) but i like the shoes part ..~~

20071202083707.713.0.jpg

Guest adorableTGIF

oops .i got it wrong the esp .lol i watched the esp 37 and esp 38 ~~ esp 29 ...was it the white teddy bear hug scene !! ? ke i cant really rem which esp ...but that was just so adorable and soo sweeeeet scene ..THE WHITE BEAR HUG SCENE ! .finalllly he confessed ..that he like her ..[ it was kinda of touching too ..seeing how boknam was so scared after Inu left her with the blind date ..and he too was so worried sick of what happen that he sit outside her street to wait .. ]

.and what come later is just so cutee and hilarious at times . .~~ ..the two of them romancing ...till the mijin and mother in law discover them ^^!!~

Yup it was the white teddy bear hug scene. Inu was just so sweet.

Archived