[drama 2007] Golden Era Of Daughter In Law 며느리 전성시대

Guest JOJO2002

esp 11 preview

so what happen in this weekend esp ? lol the esp 10 was when he kissed mi jin right in the middle of the street .~ and her brother saw them !!

lol the mother is the one who is against the marriage and the grandmother is the one who cant wait for the wedding to take place ..

and i think the dr go 's mother ..she suffering from depression isit ? ~!! ..i think she going to have a break down soon the way she is behaving is so unstable ..that scene when she was screaming at her son ..for not seeing her as a mother ...i still hate her though .but ..well she seem quite pitful when she is like all alone in her own suffering..no one want to listen to her nor understand her ...but i think her own personlity is also the result of her plight ...she cant really blame it on others . <_<

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest babymarzy07

Carmina, tiki_sg, gerryg, shirley and jina **waves**

im just starting to watch this drama. its funny. i like the storyline. cant wait to see more! Boksu is so cute and funny. Mijin is so amusing to watch. hmmm.. i was wondering the same as shirley, if BS didnt want to get married because of his mom's sit. maybe he shouldve let Mijin on that in the start. Anyways, i like this drama lots better now. ^^

Oh, I also started watching this one at KBS World and so far liking it! :D I happen to like the actress playing Mijin after Dear Heaven and I think she and Boksu have good chemistry. Mijin is just so hilarious, you'll never know what she's going to do next! :D

And added bonus for me, I never knew Yi Pilmo is in this drama. Last series I watched at KBS was Here Comes Ajummah! and I'm happy to see him again soon in another drama :)

Guest mingteo

Dr. Go's mother is going through menopause; thus the hot flashes, depression, mood swings, etc...

...it doesn't make it any better that she's one of those ajuhmas that just has way too much money and free time on her hands.

On a happier note, I can't wait to see SeJin hook up with the standoffish, ruffneck photographer guy who gets her all 기막혀. That's real passion right there.

It's going to be funny to see how things work out with InHo and BokNam after they realize the connection between MiJin and BokSu.

I still want to see more of MiJin's mom. She's so damned funny with the 찬소리. I love how in most situations, MiJin can shrug her off.

MiJin's Mom: [following her out of the bedroom] 너 거기 안서!?

MiJin: [walks away]

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Haven't started watching but heard good things about the drama...

Downloading episode 12 from CB right now...

It's downloading at 223 KB/S (quick mode)! And that's with wireless connection! WOW!

Carmina, tiki_sg, gerryg, shirley and jina **waves**

im just starting to watch this drama. its funny. i like the storyline. cant wait to see more! Boksu is so cute and funny. Mijin is so amusing to watch. hmmm.. i was wondering the same as shirley, if BS didnt want to get married because of his mom's sit. maybe he shouldve let Mijin on that in the start. Anyways, i like this drama lots better now. ^^

ya . i was like huh ? what u meant like u never intend to marry and u never told her ..in the entire three years. so where or how far did you intend to let this relationship go ..srrange the two of them ..never really know much abt each other in their three years together

.the drama is watchable but the script ..hm ...i think can be better written ..the first few esp is abit too bits and pieces ...

i like to watch .Boksu and Mijin together more ..i suppose that why i am watching this .let see how their marriage going to be like . :P lol and mijin mother ..~!she is just so entertaining to watch

Guest babymarzy07

ya . i was like huh ? what u meant like u never intend to marry and u never told her ..in the entire three years. so where or how far did you intend to let this relationship go ..srrange the two of them ..never really know much abt each other in their three years together

.the drama is watchable but the script ..hm ...i think can be better written ..the first few esp is abit too bits and pieces ...

i like to watch .Boksu and Mijin together more ..i suppose that why i am watching this .let see how their marriage going to be like . :P lol and mijin mother ..~!she is just so entertaining to watch

yeah when Mijin told her mom she doesnt know anything about Boksu's backgorund i was laughing so hard. the expression on their faces. :D hahaha well, they could imporve on the script i think also make it a tad faster. heheh but i cant wait for Mijin and the mother in law to collide. Mijin's so hilarious after telling the other guy all sorts of stories.

this drama ain't that popular in soompi eh? lol ... have not interested in watching a lot of what's out lately or even barely completing most of what i started but i'm really liking this one a lot for now.

lol the part where boksu just grabbed mijin & kissed her when she's hitting her head for her own stupidity is so awww :wub: ... can't blame mijin for having doubts after pestering him like crazy to get married after seeing what his family life is like but his declaration after the kiss is sooo sweet.

i feel so sorry for the doctor's wife. i wish she will stand up to the mother in law. it's bad enough having to put up with a mil like that even with a husband that loves you but her husband is still in love with his ex (or maybe he's not but just still hurt from the past? :unsure:) anyway, it was sweet how he took his father's words to heart and took her out for a romantic dinner & bought her a gift. pity they had to run into the dad who had to spoil their evening by insisting they drop by for a drink. i wonder if they will make their marriage work ... i sure hope so since he's obviously not a bad man ... just a victim of obsessive mother. i know the mom is going through menopause but even so ... i think her personality even before that is still like that judging from what happened to the ex dil.

i was quite surprised grandma took a liking to mijin. lol ... and boksu's father ... kekeke ... he was obviously relieved the family will finally be graced by a pretty face. :lol:

i wish they cut down on bok nam's storyline since i don't like her character that much. they make her too much of everything although i know she's supposed to provide the comedic relief in some ways. makes me feel like the scriptwriter is trying to fill in time with scenes of her deadline problem. it was funny not when they kept repeating that. :ph34r:

yeah when Mijin told her mom she doesnt know anything about Boksu's backgorund i was laughing so hard. the expression on their faces. :D hahaha well, they could imporve on the script i think also make it a tad faster. heheh but i cant wait for Mijin and the mother in law to collide. Mijin's so hilarious after telling the other guy all sorts of stories.

ohhh babymazrzy ! u shd quickly watch esp 12 ~~ lol it is so funnie that esp ! .and our boksu is such a dear sweet son ... he give his mummy a ring !!! because when he was young , he use to say he will marry his mother lol so he said he shd give his mother a ring ...and marry her before he go and marry mijin .. ..his mother never have a proper wedding let alone a ring .. . he good at making his mummy happy ..kek~ all the best to him when his mijin and mother is in the same household ..lol .

and that esp abt the contract that mijin asked boksu to sign ..

the terms are something like these

1. they will move out of the house after 3 years

2. she will continue working even after they are married

3. one child is enough .

the most funie was the mijin's mother respond lol ! saying aiyoooo..!! the one who draw up the contract and the one who signed it are all so foolish ..you think life is so simple !!

this drama ain't that popular in soompi eh? lol ... have not interested in watching a lot of what's out lately or even barely completing most of what i started but i'm really liking this one a lot for now.

lol the part where boksu just grabbed mijin & kissed her when she's hitting her head for her own stupidity is so awww :wub: ... can't blame mijin for having doubts after pestering him like crazy to get married after seeing what his family life is like but his declaration after the kiss is sooo sweet.

i feel so sorry for the doctor's wife. i wish she will stand up to the mother in law. it's bad enough having to put up with a mil like that even with a husband that loves you but her husband is still in love with his ex (or maybe he's not but just still hurt from the past? :unsure:) anyway, it was sweet how he took his father's words to heart and took her out for a romantic dinner & bought her a gift. pity they had to run into the dad who had to spoil their evening by insisting they drop by for a drink. i wonder if they will make their marriage work ... i sure hope so since he's obviously not a bad man ... just a victim of obsessive mother. i know the mom is going through menopause but even so ... i think her personality even before that is still like that judging from what happened to the ex dil.

i was quite surprised grandma took a liking to mijin. lol ... and boksu's father ... kekeke ... he was obviously relieved the family will finally be graced by a pretty face. :lol:

i wish they cut down on bok nam's storyline since i don't like her character that much. they make her too much of everything although i know she's supposed to provide the comedic relief in some ways. makes me feel like the scriptwriter is trying to fill in time with scenes of her deadline problem. it was funny not when they kept repeating that. :ph34r:

nod nod * they shd stop repeating the boknam 's inability to deliver her script on time .once or twice is enough ..keep harping on it can make it pretty boring but i like Inu ....he cute . ..they shd advance their story between him and boknam to another level .. and also dun always dress her in the same old attire ...--;;;;; i know she is meant to look nerdy but --;; .and boksu need to get rid of that white belt .. <_<

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dun u love the things boksu said when he went to visit mijin parents hahahha omg that one was hilarous . how he come so early in the morning ..because mijin said her mother planning appt to avioid meeting him at dinner ..lol ..ahhhh he so sincere ..the words he said when he kneel to ask them to marry their daughter to him awwwww ....lol kek i think her mother is touched but still try to appear immune .

[ i share the same thoughts with mijin 's father ..wow his family raise him up well .to be such a sensible boy ...of course i will marry my daughter to u lol ]

..and that fight of words between mot

her and daughter . after he left . .was fun..!!

=======

i think this is from esp 13/14

200709100720221001_1.jpg

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dun u love the things boksu said when he went to visit mijin parents hahahha omg that one was hilarous . how he come so early in the morning ..because mijin said her mother planning appt to avioid meeting him at dinner ..lol ..ahhhh he so sincere ..the words he said when he kneel to ask them to marry their daughter to him awwwww ....lol kek i think her mother is touched but still try to appear immune .

[ i share the same thoughts with mijin 's father ..wow his family raise him up well .to be such a sensible boy ...of course i will marry my daughter to u lol ]

..and that fight of words between mother and daughter . after he left . .was fun..!!

you're caught up!!! don't you just love episode 12? i think it's my favorite episode and i was just so cracked up. the fight between mijin and the mom is simply so funny. when the mom told her she'll know when she get a daughter just like her(mijin) and mijin replied how could she have one when the mom won't let her marry. :lol:

you saw the preview for 13 right? i think boksu really only could afford one ring and he told mijin he gave it to the mom because he felt bad or did he buy another ring for mijin? :lol: gosh ... i can't wait for 13 to be out. and we're in store for more passionate kisses from the look of it. :w00t: keke

i really like mijin's dad ... he's so sweet.

poor mijin ... i wonder if she knows what she's in for would she still agree to marry boksu. keke ... grandma is out to turn her into her ideal of perfect grand daughter in law ie. like what she did to boksu's mom ... making her subservient. i wonder if boksu's mom will let go of her dislike for mijin and be on her side or take grandma's side in torturing mijin.

some information of the drama on KBS site

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/tv/program/...htm?pg_code=105

daughters_m_e.jpg

Heartwarming Family Story

Stubborn authoritarian grandmother, bravado father, scheming mother posing as an obedient wife and her spoiled brat son are living together. A woman who fell in love with the son marries into the family without knowing much.

The story of the family’s eventful life will reflect on family and wedding culture of our times.

“Daughters-in-law” will break away from the old school drama.

It will add dreamlike, fantasy factors in reminiscent scenes and narrations while following descriptive methods and time and space connections of typical TV drama. It hopes to open a new horizon in the so-called “family drama” genre.

New Ways of Developing Characters and Plot

Typically, parent characters had passive roles responding to younger main characters’ love story. Family dramas, which viewers of all ages watch, end up being another love story.

Daughters-in-law will give more weight to the older characters and touch on various aspects of people’s lives. Thus, it will make efforts to contemplate on life in different views, albeit comically.

True “Family Drama” with Balanced Views

“Daughters-in-law” will try to offer a balanced view by presenting conservative views and systems not as an object of scorn and ridicule but from which people can gain a perspective and broaden their views.

Rather than taking the side of a certain member of the family, mother-in-law or daughter-in-law and judging what’s right and wrong, it will focus on why’s and how’s.

The production team hopes to make a true family drama which all members of family can sit and watch together and think about it after the show.

Director : Jeong Hae-ryong

Writer : Jo Jeong-seon

=========

Casting

ch_daughters_01.jpg

Jo Mi-jin (in her late 20s) Lee Su-gyeong

Mi-jin is a smart, outspoken, ambitious career woman.

She was born and bred in a well-off family as an only daughter. In fact, she was the only girl-baby in both her mother-side and father-side. She has a high self-esteem and is used to being the center of the attention. She is attracted to men with strong arms and falls in love with one of them,

Lee Bok-su. They get married after many turns and twists. She realizes her married life isn’t what she dreamed of. She’s at the crossroads, “divorce or drastic reform in her family-in-law?”

ch_daughters_02.jpg

Lee Bok-su (in his early 30s) - Kim Ji-hun

Bok-su is the only son of the Lee family, the owner of the third-generation pettitoes restaurant.

He graduated from the nation’s top Seoul National University and is a promising employee of Yujin Group.

His good looks, hunky body and fat paycheck attracts much attention from ladies. However, he gives up marrying anyone thinking about living alone as a bachelor because of his family. When all hopes seemed to have vanished, he meets sweet, lovable Mi-jin. They marry but face hardships of married life.

ch_daughters_03.jpg

Cha Su-hyeon (in her early 30s) - Song Seon-mi

Su-hyeon is a senior designer at Sophie Fashion and is a friend of Mi-jin.

She is married to a prestigious family, the owner of Seonghwa Hospital. She is well-mannered, conservative on the outside but wants to break out from her invisible shell. She is also from a distinguished family, her father heading a university. When she met her husband, she was in madly in love, but is suffering much because of her husband, who cannot put his ex-wife behind.

When Kim Ki-ha seduces her, she is split in two. On the inside, she wants to break away from the custom.

ch_daughters_04.jpg

Ko Jun-myeong (in his early 30s) - Jang Hyeong-seong

Jun-myeong is Su-hyeon’s husband and the only son of Lee Myeong-hi.

He is working at his father’s hospital as a plastic surgeon. He married his first wife against his mother’s will but she left him only after a year. His mother forced him to divorce her. Then, after a year, he met Su-hyeon and got married again. But, his wounded heart has never recovered from his first love. There is nothing left in him. He lives carrying out his duties as a doctor, son and a husband.

ch_daughters_05.jpg

Kim Ki-ha (in his early 30s) - Lee Jong-won

Ki-ha is a fashion photographer.

He used to be a responsible, diligent person. But he has change since his sister was put in a sanitarium after marrying a man from a wealthy hospital owner and suffering much because of the mother-in-law.

When he learns that Su-hyeon married his sister’s ex-husband, he purposely approaches and seduces her.

Guest babymarzy07

ohhh babymazrzy ! u shd quickly watch esp 12 ~~ lol it is so funnie that esp ! .and our boksu is such a dear sweet son ... he give his mummy a ring !!! because when he was young , he use to say he will marry his mother lol so he said he shd give his mother a ring ...and marry her before he go and marry mijin .. ..his mother never have a proper wedding let alone a ring .. . he good at making his mummy happy ..kek~ all the best to him when his mijin and mother is in the same household ..lol .

and that esp abt the contract that mijin asked boksu to sign ..

the terms are something like these

1. they will move out of the house after 3 years

2. she will continue working even after they are married

3. one child is enough .

the most funie was the mijin's mother respond lol ! saying aiyoooo..!! the one who draw up the contract and the one who signed it are all so foolish ..you think life is so simple !!

i will watch ep12 thanks shirley for the headsup! :) ooohh thanks for the character descriptions, i get it better.

sigh, boksu can be such a sweet son but at time he annoys me with his attitude. ^^ i feel bad for mijin sometimes, she is so desperate in a way too. i dont feel that boksu loves her as much as he should or he doesnt show it.

hmm... their contract is somewhat silly too! lol. i mean really, why the one child policy? they are both traumatized? hahaha

you're caught up!!! don't you just love episode 12? i think it's my favorite episode and i was just so cracked up. the fight between mijin and the mom is simply so funny. when the mom told her she'll know when she get a daughter just like her(mijin) and mijin replied how could she have one when the mom won't let her marry. :lol:

you saw the preview for 13 right? i think boksu really only could afford one ring and he told mijin he gave it to the mom because he felt bad or did he buy another ring for mijin? :lol: gosh ... i can't wait for 13 to be out. and we're in store for more passionate kisses from the look of it. :w00t: keke

i really like mijin's dad ... he's so sweet.

poor mijin ... i wonder if she knows what she's in for would she still agree to marry boksu. keke ... grandma is out to turn her into her ideal of perfect grand daughter in law ie. like what she did to boksu's mom ... making her subservient. i wonder if boksu's mom will let go of her dislike for mijin and be on her side or take grandma's side in torturing mijin.

lol yaaaa! that scene was really so hilarous ..i rewind it to repeat what mijin and her mother argument again .! and yes the father ..he so sweet ... but he cant really do much to change his wife opinion...lol..but i think mijin mother know sooner or later .she just have to surrender .but i too understand why she is so worried ..her daughter at time dun really know what is she getting into .but well that is the thing about parents .you worried for things the children dun know but yourself had experienced before .......

i think er ..boksu going to have an earful from mijin abt the ring .~~ lol .....i rem how his father keep saying how he never going to suvivie ..the battle between mother vs daughter in law .if he keep being so navie ..as if the father had so much experience ..already

aiyoo and how boksu's father wanted to coax his wife out of her bad mood .lol ..telling her she shd gain strenght and work on settting up her regulations and rules for the new daughter in law ..like how his own mother had governed her ....i seriously wondered how the entire household .will become when the new daughter in law come in

i will watch ep12 thanks shirley for the headsup! :) ooohh thanks for the character descriptions, i get it better.

sigh, boksu can be such a sweet son but at time he annoys me with his attitude. ^^ i feel bad for mijin sometimes, she is so desperate in a way too. i dont feel that boksu loves her as much as he should or he doesnt show it.

hmm... their contract is somewhat silly too! lol. i mean really, why the one child policy? they are both traumatized? hahaha

heh i know what u meant ...sometimes i feel like hmmmmmmmm does this boksu do take mijin seriously ..but then when u see later how he put on his charms to convince her...he does love her . and want to marry her .. .....ahem .i admit i went weak like mjin .and forget alll his mistakes ...lol ...i too understand why mijin forget all his bad attidues abt marriage ..lol and fall completely hopeless in to his arms ...sigh.....

aiyoooo..and when she heard boksu speech to her parents ..i can tell you ..her heart completely melted with his words and went : boksu siiii.... ...

lol ya the silly contract .and mijin repsond to her mother .comments was that .:this is better then having nothing lol which tiggered off ....her mother outburst abt ; YOUr father even give me a blood letter lol ~ !! and see what i have to endure

Guest babymarzy07

^ hahahah i like mijin's dad!! mjin's mom is so funny, i can see where mijin gets her attitude too ^^ i have to catch up, i wanna see a sweeter boksu to mijin. if the time comes mijin wants to give up i want to see if boksu will fight for her and have them stay together. or what. hehe i want to see how mijin means to him, without the false charm thing. its gonna be hard, coz even the dad knows the problem mother vs daughter in law is hard. sigh.

oh where did u guys dl ep12 and 13? i wanna see it too. looks good.

some information of the drama on KBS site http://world.kbs.co.kr/src/images/tv_progr...aughters_03.jpgCha Su-hyeon (in her early 30s) - Song Seon-mi Su-hyeon is a senior designer at Sophie Fashion and is a friend of Mi-jin. She is married to a prestigious family, the owner of Seonghwa Hospital. She is well-mannered, conservative on the outside but wants to break out from her invisible shell. She is also from a distinguished family, her father heading a university. When she met her husband, she was in madly in love, but is suffering much because of her husband, who cannot put his ex-wife behind. When Kim Ki-ha seduces her, she is split in two. On the inside, she wants to break away from the custom.
SuHyeon? I thought her name was SeJin?

Anyhow, best quote of the moment:

Mijin's Mom:나쁜 기지배...

Mijin: 나쁜 엄마!

-; sometimes those offiical information do have mistakes

============

this going to be shown in the coming esps

2007년 9월 11일 (화) 10:08 스타뉴스

'며느리 전성시대' 이수경-김지훈 드디어 '결혼'

[머니투데이 스타뉴스 김현록 기자]

20070911100806.371.0.jpg

KBS 2TV 주말드라마 '며느리 전성시대'(연출 정해룡)의 이수경과 김지훈이 드디어 웨딩마치를 울렸다.

'며느리 전성시대'에서 주인공 미진과 복수 역을 맡고 있는 두 사람은 지난 10일 서울 서초동의 한 웨딩홀에서 결혼식 장면을 촬영했다. 실제 결혼식과 똑같은 순서대로 진행된 이날 촬영은 낮 12시에 시작해 밤 12시를 넘기면서까지 계속됐다.

이날 촬영에는 극중 미진과 복수의 양가 가족인 김을동, 윤여정, 박인환, 이영하, 서영희 김보연을 비롯해 이필모, 송선미, 장현성 등 전 출연자들이 함께 했다.

특히 이수경은 이날 특유의 발랄함을 살린 짧은 웨딩드레스를 입고 촬영 내내 밝은 표정을 유지했다. "이제 오늘 결혼을 통해 족발집 며느리가 됐으니 앞으로 저의 전성시대를 기대해 주세요"라고 소감을 전했다.

정해룡 PD는 "이수경과 김지훈씨가 너무 잘 어울린다. 초반에 미진과 복수의 연기조합이 잘될까 걱정도 좀 했었는데 극이 진행될수록 두 사람의 연기 호흡이 너무 잘 맞는다. 자연스럽게 잘 어울리는 게 시청자들의 눈길을 끄는것 같다"고 만족해했다.

이날 결혼으로 족발집 며느리로서 출발하게 된 미진의 죄충우돌 결혼 생활기가 기대를 모으고 있다. 두 사람의 결혼식 장면은 오는 22일 방송된다.

20070911100806.371.1.jpg

http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/200709/11/starnews/v18095090.html

20070911101507.231.0.jpg

Archived