Good news. Kim Jae Wook is cast in a new web-drama

Park Gyu-ri Kim Jae Wook also, finalized the Web drama 'sweet' cast

article.jpg

Maybe someone can translate for us.

source

• Like 1

And a bit about it in English....

KimJaeWook_ParkGyuri_LeeMiDo1.jpg

• He of the magnificent cheekbones, Kim Jae-wook (Age of Feeling), will lead a new web drama called Sweet, and it will also star Park Gyu-ri (of Kara, Nail Shop Paris) and Lee Mi-do (Unkind Women). Kim’s the new manager of Sweet Coffee cafe and he’s got a negative and frosty personality. He’s a terrible manager who doesn’t even know how to brew a cup of coffee, but that’s because he’s hiding his true identity. An elite NIS agent who’s served for the past three years in Berlin, he’s now working undercover at the coffee shop while working on anti-espionage matters. Park is a part-time employee at the cafe, and her personality is the complete opposite of Kim’s. She’s exceedingly positive and genuinely interested in all of the cafe’s patrons. She seems like a busybody but she’s actually very affectionate and warm. Lee is a regular customer and writer; she’ll often order one cup of coffee and sit and write all day long. She’s also a pessimist with a sour disposition but she’ll be known for her occasional outbursts of laughter. Sweet airs in mid-October. [Joy News 24]

Source: Dramabeans

Edited by irilight
Link did not work earlier

I finally found the time to update the first post with the info on his new drama. Thanks, @irilight for posting the news here first. ^^v (Also, we do like a lot of the same actors. xD)

I honestly sort of wanted him in 'The Village' since he pretty good chemistry with MGY in back when they acted in MSOAN together, but at least in this web drama he will get a lead role.

Also, has anyone started a thread for his web drama yet? If not, I might start the thread if no one does...

Edited by Ayame
  • Like 1

Guest jisung_15

Hi everyone! Ayame, I also wanted to see him opposite MGY again after 5 years- I loved them together in MMM-  but I do understand it was only second lead in "The Village" compared to being the lead in this web drama that sounds interesting judging from the synopsis. What exactly is a web drama? And what does an "idol actor" mean as opposed to just "actor?" I've been seeing that term a lot in articles that talk about some of the newbies, and in most cases, sounds pejorative, no offense meant.:).

@jisung_15: A web drama just a drama shown on a different platform. Most dramas are originally shown on TV channels in Korea such as: KBS, MBC, SBS, Mnet, tvN, Channel-A, JTBC, etc. A web drama means that the drama is shown directly online on Korean websites and not TV channels. And also the term "idol actor" mostly refers to actors that start off as kpop singers/groups members. A lot of kpop singers/group members these days get criticized for getting roles when they don't have experience, and some people think that those roles should go to actors that have a lot more experience. I'm a kpop fan myself, and sometimes I think some of the kpop singers/group members aren't that good at acting, but there are some that are good. "Idol actors" does have a negative connotation to it though, but usually I just try to be open-minded whether or not they're considered to be "idol actors". Sorry, that was really long lol. I hope I explained it clearly enough.

@irilight: Yeah, I'll start the thread if no one does. I think I'm going to end up watching The Village anyway, since I like MGY, but I'm also excited for this web drama. ^^

• Like 1

@Ayame,  If you start the thread for Kim Jae-Wook's drama, please post the link here.....    smile lupine

Here is another article about it.

KARA's Gyuri reported to be starring in a new web drama with Kim Jae Wook and Lee Mi Do

Gyuri-kim-jae-wook-lee-mi-do_1441378097_

Are you excited to see KARA's Gyuri in a new drama? It's been a while since her last one!

On September 4, it has been reported that Signal Entertainment's production, web drama 'Sweet' (working title), has cast Kim Jae Wook, Gyuri, and Lee Mi Do as the main leads!  It's also exciting for Lee Mi Do, who mostly had minor roles in dramas.

Kim Jae Wook will be laying the cold and negative Cha Min Ho, who is the new manager of Sweet Coffee.  Despite his image, he turns out to have absolutely no idea how to properly make even one cup of coffee.  Gyuri plays Jung Won, the first class part-time worker at Sweet Coffee who is the complete antithesis of Cha Min Ho with her positive attitude.  Lee Mi Do will play a regular customer who buys only one cup of coffee and camps out at the cafe all day to write. 

Look forward to the airing in October!

Source

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jisung_15

@jisung_15: A web drama just a drama shown on a different platform. Most dramas are originally shown on TV channels in Korea such as: KBS, MBC, SBS, Mnet, tvN, Channel-A, JTBC, etc. A web drama means that the drama is shown directly online on Korean websites and not TV channels. And also the term "idol actor" mostly refers to actors that start off as kpop singers/groups members. A lot of kpop singers/group members these days get criticized for getting roles when they don't have experience, and some people think that those roles should go to actors that have a lot more experience. I'm a kpop fan myself, and sometimes I think some of the kpop singers/group members aren't that good at acting, but there are some that are good. "Idol actors" does have a negative connotation to it though, but usually I just try to be open-minded whether or not they're considered to be "idol actors". Sorry, that was really long lol. I hope I explained it clearly enough.

Ayame, thanks so much for the reply, I appreciate it! Okey, so if it gets shown directly online on Korean websites, will we be able to watch it through third party hosting sites such as youtube where I watch most dramas lately? The series has an interesting plot and KJW is missed on the small screen. I saw Dal Ja's Spring over the weekend and he had a teeny-weeny role as Lee Minki's best friend who sold clothes at Dongdaenum for a living and both guys light up the screen in their scenes together, aww, wish they had more interaction in the series though.:wub: agree about the so-called idol actors. Seen some of their works and some do work their hearts off but the disbelief regarding their acting abilities still surface.

Another question please. What is a web toon? And if it does get made into a series, how well does it do?

@jisung_15 I think we'll be able to watch it on Youtube (if not that, then maybe Viki). A web toon is basically a comic that is posted directly to Korean websites such as Naver or Daum. Web toons are pretty popular in Korea right now. Usually web toons that are already well-known get chosen to be made into dramas, you can find an article here talking about some web toons that have been made into dramas: http://www.dramafever.com/news/k-dramas-based-on-webtoons/

If you're interested in web toons you can read some here on Naver: http://www.webtoons.com/en/

• Like 1

@Ayame, once we find out more info. about the web-drama we can also submit requests for subs to Drama Fever and Viki. But I cannot find it listed anywhere yet, and I am not seeing the Hangul name for it.

If you open a thread for it, would you please let us know here?

Kim Jae Wook at Busan International Film Festival. COOOOL!

김재욱 / 부산, 톱스타뉴스 김혜진 기자

12112188_947844835262524_318595609502377

12112174_947844831929191_306167353698399

Edited by irilight
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Ayame chingu... Looks like the initial article was totally misleading.   The webdrama is called "Sweet Temptation" and Kim Jae-Wook is only in the 4th episode.   I see someone has uploaded the first 2 episodes with subs on YT. Hopefully we will get the 4th episode too.  But you better change the heading for the thread...  ;)

T-ARA to star in new web drama

5d9d43e7e6abcfa8ea48414fe3d09573_450.jpg
T-ARA / Courtesy of MBK Entertainment

K-pop idol girl band T-ARA will star in six-part web drama "Sweet Temptation," slated to air on SBS MTV and Naver in October. It also will be shown in China.

The six members of T-ARA -- Bo-ram, Q-RI, So-yeon, Eun-jung, Hyo-min and Ji-yeon -- will play leading roles. Various K-pop songs will feature as will Chinese actors.

"We are making every effort to promote K-pop globally and have great expectations for ‘Sweet Temptation,'" said Kim Sang-baik, a director at SBS MTV.

The drama is made for Chinese fans and its theatrical cut will be released in Hong Kong later.

20150814090707373_450.jpg

source

Edited by irilight
90% of the time linking does not work. I hope it can be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@irilight Thanks for posting the last few months. ^^

I finally updated the first page with everything. I also listed KJW's other movies he did last year. I don't think it was posted on this thread yet, so I'll post it here. I'll just post the trailers/highlights from movies he did last year: 'Planck Constant', 'Another Way' and 'Two Rooms Two Nights'. I posted the trailers for 'Planck Constant' and 'Another Way', but 'Two Rooms Two Nights' only has still cuts since it was shown at the BIFF (Busan International Film Festival). So I just posted the still cuts for that movie below after the two trailers.

Planck Constant (플랑크 상수) (2015) [Trailer]

fwhtrH8.jpg

Another Way (다른 길이 있다) (2015) [Trailer] (English Subtitles)

fwhtrH8.jpg

Two Rooms, Two Nights (거꾸로 가까이, 둘이서) (2015) [Still Cuts]

Spoiler

GIoTd75.jpg

qQEjoCD.jpg?1

Y71hDhB.jpg

C7GfvJW.jpg?1

hL5hmhZ.jpg?1

• Like 2

@Ayame, Thank you so much for the shoutout. I so appreciate it...

Thank you for all the updates  (first page, and here).   I hope/pray that we will get these movies subbed. I am so grateful that the trailers you posted have Eng. subs.

Here's a little article confirming also Kim Jae-Wook for

Upcoming movie ‘Princess Deokhye’ confirms as leads Son Ye Jin, Park Hae Il and Kim So Hyun and Kim Jae-Wook

Princess Deokhye

Upcoming 2016 movie “Princess Deokhye” aka “The Last Princess” confirms Son Ye Jin and Park Hae Il as leads.

The historical movie is drawing much attention for its star-studded cast led by Son Ye Jin and Park Hae Il, joined by Kim Jae Wook and Kim So Hyun. The movie is based on the 2009 bestseller novel “Princess Deokhye”, a biography of the last Crown Princess of Korea.

Kim Jae Wook Kim So Hyun

The story follows princess Deok-hye, the youngest daughter of Emperor Gojong who was taken to Japan as a hostage under the pretence “to continue her studies.” Son Ye Jin takes on the title role of princess Deokhye, while Park Hae Il plays Jang Han, a Korean liberation fighter who rebels against the Japanese annexation of Korea and tries to bring the princess back to Korea. Actress Kim So Hyun will play the younger Deok-hye.

“Princess Deokhye” directed by Huh Jin Ho, plans to tell her epic life story that spans occupation-era Japan and Korea, and is expected to be released sometime in 2016.

Princess Deokhye (real photo and novel cover)

SPOILERS BELOW (historical):

The real Princess Deokhye led a tragic life. Her father, Emperor Gojong, had Deok-hye secretly engaged when she was young to  his court chamberlain’s son, Kim Jang Han, in an attempt to protect her. But after his death she was taken as hostage to Japan at the age of 13, and eventually forced to marry a Japanese nobleman at the age of 19. After living a life of depression and isolation, suffering being stuck in a mental hospital, a humiliating divorce, her daughter’s suicide, before she was finally able return to Korea as an older woman.

source

• Like 1

As far as I know, you can actually find the raw for the full movie of 'Planck Constant' online, but there are no English subtitles anywhere.

By the way, I added KJW's official instagram account at the end of the first post, because I didn't even realize that he had an Instagram account, lol. His instagram account is: https://www.instagram.com/jaeuck.kim/

His actually posted a picture yesterday of his cat and dog I guess?

• Like 1