[drama 2006] The Book Of The Three Han: The Chapter Of Ju Mong 주몽

Guest xosandy

Guest donilpark

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/jumong/index.html

The official website is up.

Another thing I want to point out is that they are saying they are gonna show us how they adopted iron weapons to establish Koguryo, but iron weapons had been around in Korea for a few centuries already by the time this show is set in.

So I don't know why they want to make it appear as though iron weapons appeared for the first time only around the first century B.C..

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TW1NKLE

i can't wait for this drama! i am a die hard song il gook fan and i FELL IN LOVE with him in haeshin! i hope he's good in this one too~ i was hoping that he would come out in another 'ancient korean' time drama. ^^

i was kind of disappointed when Han Hae Jin was casted.. but i hope she proves me wrong. that image of geum soo nee is stuck onto my brain, so i can't really picture her in a serious drama now T_T

i can't wait for this drama! i am a die hard song il gook fan and i FELL IN LOVE with him in haeshin! i hope he's good in this one too~ i was hoping that he would come out in another 'ancient korean' time drama. ^^

Me too! I was so happy when I heard he was gonna be in another ancient drama! I've seen him in some of his other works, but I think ancient type storylines really suit him for some reason. I'm glad he's gonna play the main lead too this time.

hanhyejin plays the second-wife?!! aww, i hope the first-wife isn't evil and tortures our hanhyejin..

yup. she plays the second wife but I think the first wife isn't casted yet. I personally think Han Hye-jin could do justice to her role...I have seen her in other dramas too and I really think she has potential

Guest donilpark

BTW, that was a second marriage for Soseono as well. (first wife is cast already. Go to the official website)

It's very interesting.

In a way, she was just a political comrade of Jumong and not a lover. Jumong used her and when she was no longer useful, he threw her away. That's what it seems to me.

Jumong fled from his homeland, Buyeo, and went to Jolbon. By marrying Soseono, he could get a foothold in the new country. Soseono helps him greatly in establishing the new country, in exchange for a promise to name her son crown prince. If you think about it, from the point of view of people of Jolbon, Jumong was just a vagrant without any origin. His marriage with Soseono was what enabled him to do anything at all.

But later he passes the throne over to Yuri, the son between his first wife, Lady Ye, who comes from the homeland with a seal of proof.

Soseono flees south with her sons and that's how she gets to found Baekje. And then she later gets killed by the tthe subjects of one of her sons.

And this is why it is commonly said that she is an extremely peculiar historical figure in being a woman who founded not one, but two countries.

And she should be a very tragic figure.

She kind of loses her birthright to Jumong and gets nothing in exchange.

reposting news from the celebrity news thread/soompi website about the special documentary on Joo Mong which will air next Monday, May 8

5/1/06 – On 5/8, MBC will air the special documentary program (특집 다큐멘터리) of the upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Joo Mong (주몽)” starring Song Il Kook and Han Hye Jin. Originally, MBC planned to broadcast the drama on 5/8. However, due to the delay of constructing the filming site, MBC decides to air the drama on 5/15 following the final episode of “Which Star Are You From”.

6.jpg

This special program covers interviews of actors and actresses, introduction of filming sites (China and Cheju Island), and progress of production. The drama “Joo Mong (주몽)” portrays the formation of the new nation-state Kogooryu (고구려) happened in BC 37 as well as the love story of the founder Joo Mong.

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...605010841541110

credits to Cindyw88 and to soompi.com

Guest kiye

ohh, another historic drama :w00t: exciting! anyhoo...

ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Currently need a LQ weekly uploader for all eps of

The Chapter of Ju-Mong HERE @ [nonclubbox] thread!

If you're interested, please post in the non-CB thread.

Archived