Lee Da Hae 이다해 李多海 イ・ダヘ ❤

apqaria

These country scenes remind me of Dahae in Hello Miss! I like it when she has to act like a "commoner". It is a nice contrast to her chic image in real life!

One thing I have always admired about Dahae is that she is very professional when it comes to her behaviour around co-stars. She is not the type to act friendly or flirty with someone just to get some publicity / to kickstart some chemistry for the media.

I dislike the way K media hypes up onscreen chemistry for dramas like selling popcorn to movie-goers. I don't see this happening in C, T or J entertainment, let alone in the West. I feel sorry for actors/actresses who have to rely heavily on couple chemistry to sell their dramas because they have been stereotyped. They can only be cast with co-stars who are not in a public relationship, in order to generate buzz about couple chemistry.

In a way, I am glad Dahae doesn't fall under that category because for her, chemistry comes naturally as long as she enjoys the company of her co-stars and she likes her character. It doesn't have to be pre-marketed.:)

Edited by ELY_397
  • Like 6

Sorry/thank you @ELY_397 and thank you @samzz for pointing that out!  I think I need to go to bed earlier!

One thing I have always admired about Dahae is that she is very professional when it comes to her behaviour around co-stars. She is not the type to act friendly or flirty with someone just to get some publicity / to kickstart some chemistry for the media.

I dislike the way K media hypes up onscreen chemistry for dramas like selling popcorn to movie-goers. I don't see this happening in C, T or J entertainment, let alone in the West. I feel sorry for actors/actresses who have to rely heavily on couple chemistry to sell their dramas because they have been stereotyped. They can only be cast with co-stars who are not in a public relationship, in order to generate buzz about couple chemistry.

In a way, I am glad Dahae doesn't fall under that category because for her, chemistry comes naturally as long as she enjoys the company of her co-stars and she likes her character. It doesn't have to be pre-marketed.:)

100% agreed with you ELY!  You really get to the point!  Our girl's onscreen chemistry came from her devotion of her acting profession.  Doesn't matter if the drama is high or low in rating and who her co-star was, she always made me fall in love with them, including in Miss Ripley.  Except EOE which she was not even given a chance to show it!

• Like 1

I like how Da-hae most of the time show a lot of "acting chemistry" with her co-stars which is quite different than what media usually sell these days if you know what I mean ;)

I think part of the reason for it, is that she is good at complementing her co-stars acting with her responses/reactions without out-shining them which live up with the scenes and makes them interesting to watch. And that is the case even if they are not romantic and that includes scenes with female co-stars like Gong Hyun Joo in HK and with evil characters like Kim Jung-Tae in MR or with her on screen love interest but in tough or hateful scene. And those scenes actually becomes more memorable for me.

Edited by apqaria
  • Like 3

Guest CherryWookieForever

Of course, Dahae is very nice and professional to her co-stars, she is loved and respected by most of her co-stars and staff she worked with, if not all. If you've followed her EoE scandal, you'd know how much support and sympathy she got from the casts and staff even after her departure (except of course the male lead and the supporting-actress-turned-lead-actress-because-im-the-girlfriend-of-the-lead, it's like SSH and LYH vs EoE casts and staff). All those media play those times saying LDH is unprofessional, attention whor*, diva, etc etc could have been just created to blame her for the whole chaos (maybe created by the lead actor and lead actress influential agencies). Well, dirty K-Ent.

I just don't understand why FNC doesn't promote dahae's activity on their Instagram! I know they focus on idols but also promote or preview the activities of the comedian, actors and actresses on Instagram, but very rarely on dahae... Why they just ignore her like that?! 

Few of us already smell something fishy about Lee Da Hae relationship with FNC. Not be surprised if she will leave FNC soon. I hope she just sign a contract with China agency, the Alibaba related one? Not only for her Chinese career, but Hollywood also. Her My Girl co-star and close friend Lee Jun Ki will star in Hollywood movie Resident Evil:The Final Chapter. I hope she put her multilingual ability to real good use!!! LDH hasn't done any movie yet, might be good if her first movie will be a Hollywood movie :wub:

Not only Dahae, basically all actors in FNC can be considered missing in action with zero publicity. As I said b4, Dahae joining FNC probably just for protection especially after the "P" scandal and not for career advancement, bc she still under the influences of her old agencies. Whatever it's, still totally fishy bc Is saw them promoting unknown actors/actresses more than the well known.

Furthermore she cannot go to other agencies which have lots of other issues as well, or maybe even worse than FNC e.g casting couch is a must and has to be obeyed no matter what.

and today Netizenbuzz translated the news which I already knew few years ago, when I asked my friend to dig some background on who involved in  k-ent behind the scene.Obviously the "P" scandal is not random, it was well planned to destroy her image and at the same time grab her wealth etc. Since then she totally invincible in K-ent, except HK which we know bc of courtesy of her costar.

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.my/2015/11/son-ji-chang-and-kim-min-jong-spotted.html

and who runs talent or k-agencies in Korea, as expected "those guy", or "those guy", with their front/shell/paper company.

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=801041

A recent feature in Japanese weekly magazine Aera purports to outline the role that organized crime plays in the current K-pop boom.

The article profiles a former state prosecutor who was instrumental in rooting out mob control over the Korean show business world in the early 2000s.

However, once the government decided that K-pop would spearhead South Korea’s greater presence in international consciousness, the crime fighter found it difficult to carry out his mandate and has since quit to become a private attorney.

The article implies that most of Korea’s main talent agencies are headed by current or former gang leaders but, because the entire showbiz industry is so reliant on talent, they are given a pretty long leash by the authorities.

Their background is nightclubs, which in the ’80s and ’90s were controlled by organized crime syndicates. In terms of money, nightclubs were the center of the show-business world at the time.

Eventually, these groups expanded to become talent agencies, extending their grasp into television where the money is now.

Though a number of recent high-profile cases have seen talent sue their management over punishing contracts, Aera says the majority of South Korean talent accept such contracts because their agencies protect all their interests, and not just those associated with their particular art.

Through mob affiliations, the agencies can quash scandals and take care of competition

• Like 2

Few of us already smell something fishy about Lee Da Hae relationship with FNC. Not be surprised if she will leave FNC soon. I hope she just sign a contract with China agency, the Alibaba related one? Not only for her Chinese career, but Hollywood also. Her My Girl co-star and close friend Lee Jun Ki will star in Hollywood movie Resident Evil:The Final Chapter. I hope she put her multilingual ability to real good use!!! LDH hasn't done any movie yet, might be good if her first movie will be a Hollywood movie :wub:

not easy as it looks, once u make a decision to fight a giant, and making them angry, ur career basically over.

I rarely check Dahae's wiki, I'm quite surprise they way they wrote EOE fiasco so straight to the point, basically as what you wrote-but of course we cannot mention the name, u know who their agencies, connection and their fans too.

Later that year, Lee was originally cast as the heroine in the inter-generational epic East of Eden, set against the backdrop of a coal mining town in Taebaek through the 1960s until the present.[8] Though the drama was a hit, as it went on, Lee's screen time became drastically reduced in favor of other storyline, such that she decided to leave the show in episode 40.[9] The unfair turnout of event affected Lee Da Hae's physical and psychological health during that time, losing her confidence as an actress.[10]

Edited by samzz

@samzz thanks for the link. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. One of the comments in NB mentioned that:

"Korean gangsters retaliate by threatening the celebrities sponsors and demanding they pull out, telling film directors not to cast him/her, circulating awful rumors, calling the celebrity at night with threatening words, etc. They essentially become the worst anti fan imaginable. They do not assassinate or hold you hostage like what Mexican cartels do."

There is some truth in the Healer story after all. A truly despicable lot!

Edited by ELY_397
  • Like 1

and ELY, to make it worse, on the day the "p" scandal appeared on the news, in the morning there was a news about Dahae first movie debut with Kang Ji Hwan. 4 hours later the news was deleted and then replaced with that 'P" scandal-very ironic right.

Old news. Not only to K-Pop, applies to Korean Entertainment industry in general. Good thing Lee Da Hae is very rich, doesn't need to suffer just to earn money:

The dark side of South Korean pop music

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-13760064

The dark side of K-pop: What lurks beneath the surface of this perfect plastic world

Source: http://mobile.news.com.au/entertainment/music/the-dark-side-of-kpop-what-lurks-beneath-the-surface-of-this-perfect-plastic-world/story-e6frfn09-1227116617713

Aaaaand, I never knew there's this news released just last October 16. Waaaah, please Dahae be Alibaba's lucky charm and make Best Couple a success:

Alibaba Pictures : to Buy South Korean Entertainment Firms

Source: http://m.4-traders.com/ALIBABA-PICTURES-GROUP-LT-6170812/news/Alibaba-Pictures--to-Buy-South-Korean-Entertainment-Firms-21212876/

And, another one, somehow a latest news:

Ex Idol talks about the dark side of kpop

Q: What were some of the most ridiculous rules, requests or suggestions you were given?

A:  No relationships, diets, no phones, no allowances, no time with the outside world.. Haha. But this is quite common with all companies.

Q:So what made you decide to leave?

A:It was more of a progression thing. They told me to go home and prepare for the second album. As soon as I got home... I kind of became a wild animal... WITH FOOOOOOOOOD. haha. I gained weight. A LOT OF WEIGHT. And it kind of became a grueling cycle of binging on food to restraining food. I later sought out a psychiatrist and was diagnosed with an eating disorder. Both my parents and I came to the conclusion that taking part of the Kpop industry was ruining my body and mind - so they opted to help me get out.

Q:Since you're doing this AMA, I wonder why other ex-trainees haven't done the same? Are you legally prevented from telling us everything about your trainee days/your company/the idols, or is it just a level of respect and courtesy?

A: No quite legally prevented.. and it kind of is a level of respect.

Q:How long did you have to train each day? Was there a no dating rule? Did they restrict the amount of food you could eat? Did being able to sing play a large role in the casting system?

A: A long time, I would say about 12 hours or so. No dating, absolutely at all. The amount was restricted as much as the type of food we ate was. No, being able to sing didn't really play a big role. haha.

Q:What diet did they put you guys on?

A: Heavy exercise. salad or sweet potato.

Q:Like, you guys only ate sweet potatoes for days or something?

A: Pretty much. Well, I did. Because I was the "heaviest" one.

Q: I've heard that record companies in the K-pop industry takes huge portions of profits made while the artists themselves are incredibly under-paid. Is there truth to this claim?

A: Not speaking about the company I was in.. but yes.

Q:On a more serious question, how prevalent is prostitution/abuse/rape within kpop? Like the stuff that went on at Open World Entertainment.

A:Not at all when I was in my company. As for other companies, I have heard about it.. but almost never directly.

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/forums/discussion/134693/ex-idol-talks-about-the-dark-side-of-kpop

haha @Cherry, we know the 2 agencies that Alibaba interested- FNC and SM, kekeke

-the third one maybe fighting with all their mighty skill back-door, hehehe

The Korean wave in a China is no joke. The Chinese are increasingly looking to Korea for the latest trends in beauty, fashion, music and entertainment, etc. it helps that the two countries have had a relatively amicable/non aggressive history between them. While C movies are garnering more and more attention, their drama qualities (especially modern ones) leave a lot to be desired still. Not surprised they are actively seeking investment partners in SK. This may be good for K artists in the long run because K mobsters will gradually lose their influence and significance in the industry!

@ELY_397 I might be wrong but I think it actually may generate more problems with how Chinese are now influencing the K-Entertainment. I think it will just create mobsters from China than from Korea specially that rules and regulations are even less followed in China than in Korea and from what I saw in the few incidents that happened to our girl in the C-Media and agencies that are controlling K-Artists there, I can see the problems.

Generally K-Entertainment needs to be fixed from inside rather than from outside factors, if they really want to keep leading the industry in Asia. We saw how K-dramas faded in Japan and even in its own country right now so it will be just a matter of time to fade in China as well if they didn't take some steps to upgrade the ideas, industry elements and how they evaluate artists and works.

Edited by apqaria
  • Like 1

@apqaria you are right too! The problem with K drama and entertainment in general is the oversupply of new actors and entertainers. It's a like a cookie factory churning out celebrities nonstop. Not only does it affect the quality of the productions, people get tired of watching the same plots over and over again. Japan has an ageing population and audiences just can't keep up with seeing new faces on TV all the time. Political tensions between the countries don't help either. The Hallyu wave will slow down eventually even in China too. Not sure about mobsters in China....but for sure there are crocodiles in the industry as seen in the latest attack on her weibo.

• Like 1

ah the PD just realized who is the real Queen of comedy. Most actresses acted in rom com are not comedian, just acted in comedy drama, Dahae is the real comedian.

The weather is warm, very hard during the shoot the actors in Korea and People's Republic of China staff. Man the main character Super Junior show considerable talent in Joe's military smoke. the amount of the main character is a woman too ^^. I realise that the Queen of romantic comedies. Somehow. In the mood. Highly recommended.

12118865_1037689366288483_71505925229923

• Like 6