So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

hibiscus23 said: my first time on his thread but i can see 2 familiar names here cristarbut & willenette hi hi ladies, SJS is one of my top 10 K actors of all time since i saw him first in i'm sorry, i love you kdrama fame! he's awesome overload! i hope you guys won't mind if i post a photo here along side my new discovered K actor Hyun woo seong after seeing him in Yellow Boots kdramas recently though this drama was aired last year 2012 but it was recommended by a friend & i just got hooked/addicted to the drama & for some reason he resembles SJS and i even opened a thread for Hyun recently & you're welcome to visit if you have time & i may be wrong but you be the judge! here's their photo:

The Master's Sun주군의 태양 Script Reading Photos
3etu.jpg
1zpe.jpg
8v2r.jpg
cyax.jpg
r0zj.jpg
ntpt.jpg
82mn.jpg
4lk4.jpg
6tra.jpg
With an already anticipated cast, SBS’ upcoming drama, The Sun of the Lord held its first script reading session

Photos from the reading session were revealed on July 4, showing So Ji Sub, Gong Hyo Jin, Seo In Guk, Kim Yuri, and other talented actors focusing on the script with staff members, including director Jin Hyuk and the Hong Sisters present.

The session took around three hours as the actors professionally acted out the scenes despite it only being a practice.

The Sun of the Lord is a romance comedy horror story that focuses around a woman, who starts to see ghosts after a car accident.

“The actors have been enjoying the new genre of romantic comedy meets horror,” said Bon Factory, the production company behind the drama. “We will do our best to satisfy all three genres and create a unique production for the viewers.”

The drama will broadcast on July 31 after the conclusion of I Hear Your Voice.

Photo Credit: Bon Factory

CREDIT
[upcoming Drama 2013] The Master's Sun/The Sun Of My Master (주군의 태양) @Soompi

So Ji Sub, Gong Hyo Jin, Seo In Guk, and More Attend First Script Reading for 'The Sun of My Master'

So-Ji-Sub_1372899713_af_org.jpg

So Ji Sub, Gong Hyo Jin, Seo In Guk, and more recently held their first script reading session for the upcoming SBS drama, 'The Sun of My Master'.

'The Sun of My Master', as mentioned before, will be a drama about ghosts which seems to be a trend in K-drama land lately. So Ji Sub will play the role of Joo Joong Won who is a cold, ambitious boss while Gong Hyo Jin will play the role of Tae Gong Shil who is a sensitive assistant. What makes the romantic comedy interesting is its genre which fuses romance, comedy, and horror all into one with the story of Tae Gong Shil who can see ghosts following her accident and Joo Joong Won who learns to trust her and falls in love. Seo In Guk will also take on the role of Kang Woo, the head of a shopping mall security department, leaving fans curious on how he will get involved in this romance or the ghosts that will be present.

Bon Factory, the production company behind the drama, commented, "The cast had interest in the fusion of romantic comedy and horror which has become a new genre and are having fun while participating in it. We will bring out the 3 fundamental emotions from viewers. We will also work hard to create a new kind of drama."

'The Sun of My Master' will premiere on July 31st!

Credits: AllKpop

ebulli3nt said:

So Ji Sub, Gong Hyo Jin, Seo In Guk, and More Attend First Script Reading for 'The Sun of My Master'

So Ji Sub, Gong Hyo Jin, Seo In Guk, and more recently held their first script reading session for the upcoming SBS drama, 'The Sun of My Master'.

'The Sun of My Master', as mentioned before, will be a drama about ghosts which seems to be a trend in K-drama land lately. So Ji Sub will play the role of Joo Joong Won who is a cold, ambitious boss while Gong Hyo Jin will play the role of Tae Gong Shil who is a sensitive assistant. What makes the romantic comedy interesting is its genre which fuses romance, comedy, and horror all into one with the story of Tae Gong Shil who can see ghosts following her accident and Joo Joong Won who learns to trust her and falls in love. Seo In Guk will also take on the role of Kang Woo, the head of a shopping mall security department, leaving fans curious on how he will get involved in this romance or the ghosts that will be present.

Bon Factory, the production company behind the drama, commented, "The cast had interest in the fusion of romantic comedy and horror which has become a new genre and are having fun while participating in it. We will bring out the 3 fundamental emotions from viewers. We will also work hard to create a new kind of drama."

'The Sun of My Master' will premiere on July 31st!

Credits: AllKpop

*** I’m super interested with this drama after hearing more about the story! And who doesn’t love So Ji Sub? Everything looks promising. I didn’t want to get too excited but what can I say? For me, he looks way hotter if he’s all rugged & with facial hair. This just suits him. But he might clean up later since his role is kinda on the Executive side here… So, I guess So ji sub will be clean shaven for the role. But, also hope So ji sub keeps the beard. I really can’t wait to see what So Ji Sub has to offer to the comedy genre. Can’t wait to see SJS in a lighter role. I like the premise as it can lead to all kinds of funny situations. I hope SJS can create as unforgettable character as his previous dramas. Not going to get my hopes up too high but I hope that this drama follows a ratings killer. I hope it does not disappoint. Please be good.:))

First script read for Hong sisters’ horror rom-com Master’s Sun

by girlfriday | July 4, 2013

MastersSun1.jpg

Production is underway for the new Hong sisters horor romantic comedy Master’s Sun, starring Gong Hyo-jin and So Ji-sub, set to premiere later this month. It’s following I Hear Your Voice in SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday slot, which means we’re going straight from mind-reading hero to ghost-seeing heroine. Hm, I could get used to Superpower Wednesdays. Character descriptions accompanied the script read, and as expected the Hong sisters didn’t scrimp on the puntastic titles and character names, as is their custom.

So Ji-sub plays the rich I-see-everything-as-money hero Joo Joong-won (joong-won means “ruling position” or “supremacy”), and Gong Hyo-jin plays the I-see-dead-people heroine Tae Gong-shil (tae is “form/figure” and gong-shil is “empty room,” so literally “form in empty room” as in the creepy ghosts she sees). That also makes the pun version of the title Mr. Joo’s Ms. Tae, which, PFFFFFT. What can I say? The Hong sisters never met a pun they didn’t like.

The heroine suddenly develops the ability to see ghosts after an accident, and it freaks her out so much that she can’t sleep at night. She works as a secretary for the hero, a haughty executive of a shopping mall kingdom (Oh the product placement to come. Anthony would LOVE this.) and the drama promises a mix of chilling horror, sweet romance, and laugh-out-loud comedy. Yes please. I’m begging you — bring back the funny.

Co-starring is Seo In-gook (Answer Me 1997) as an ex-soldier and head of security (I’m thinking chaebol executive private security, not yunno, mall cop… though come to think of it, that’d be funnier). Kim Yuri (Alice in Cheongdam-dong) plays a top star, and since her character’s last name is Tae, she must be related to the heroine. I hope the love square isn’t between sisters. Man, that would suck. And Jung Ga-eun (A Thousand Kisses) plays a meddlesome busybody who brings the laughs.

I’m looking forward to So Ji-sub for the first time ever, mostly because his conceited and self-involved character actually sounds like the perfect thing to mesh his star persona with to make for side-splitting comedy. I hope that’s what they’re going for, because I can actually see myself liking him if he can make fun of himself. And Gong Hyo-jin is love love love. With PD Jin Hyuk of City Hunter and Prosecutor Princess at the helm, all around it’s got great ingredients for a fantastic drama. Not that we haven’t been burned by that before, but let’s just hope this drama’s got enough magic to make up for old wounds.

Master’s Sun follows I Hear Your Voice and premieres July 31 on SBS.

MastersSun2.jpg

Via TV Report

"Master's Sun" So Ji-Sub is Chic and Proud

photo324477.jpg

So Ji-sub was seen filming the new SBS drama "Master's Sun" last month.

So Ji-sub takes on the role of Joo Joong-won, a director of his own company who is so tightfisted in money that he puts a price tag on everyone he knows.

So Ji-sub had a small prep talk with producer Jin Hyeok before the camera started rolling and monitored his scenes whenever he got the chance. A big water tank was needed at the scene on this day to create a stormy scene. So Ji-sub still managed to act out the cold and sensitive character in the pouring rain.

Apparently, he has been analyzing his character ever since the first day and has earned faith. All his efforts come to life when he stands in front of the camera.

So Ji-sub's "Master's Sun" is about a cold-hearted man and a woman who has the ability to see ghosts. The cast includes, So Ji-sub, Kong Hyo-jin, Seo In-guk, Kim Yoo-ri-I and more. To be aired on the 31st if this month after "I Hear Your Voice".

Source: Nate + HanCinema

I miss those dramas he's done a decade ago like A Thousand Years of Love with Sung Yuri and We're Dating Now with Chae Rim that's so lighthearted that hoping this one would be in the same genre except it's horror/comedy. Hope it will be able to maintain the high ratings of I Can Hear Your Voice. So glad that all his fans wish for him to do a comedy is being fulfilled.

Kong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub Attend Their First Shoot for ′The Sun of the Lord′

Kong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub put their chemistry to the test at their first shoot for SBS′ The Sun of the Lord.

Kong Hyo Jin will be appearing as Tae Gong Sil, a woman who can see ghosts, while So Ji Sub will become Joo Joong Won, a cold man.

40321002.jpg

Gong Sil and Joong Won first meet when Gong Sil, who had been outside in the rain, suddenly barges in on Joong Won, who had stopped his car due to a mysterious light. She considers him her only hope, and keeps acting inappropriately in front of him.

The two come close to each other even before they feel any affection for each other, begin fighting.

The shoot for the scene took place on June 19, at a rest stop in Paju-si.

Spirits were high despite the late start, and the two leads shone with happy energy all throughout the shoot.

Gong Hyo Jin appeared in a delirious state, but then brightened up after approaching So Ji Sub, while So Ji Sub became the cold, taken aback man he was supposed to be.

While during shoots they bickered in their roles, they read their scripts together when the cameras were off, giving each other advice and generally putting on a warm mood.

A rep from the drama′s production company Born Factory said, "Everyone has been paying a lot of attention at the match of So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin, their first couple match since their debuts. On set they′ve also been exceeding expectations with their teamwork."

The Sun of the Lord is about a tearful woman who can see ghosts and her encounters with an arrogant man.

Producer Jin Hyuk of Shining Inheritance and Prosecutor Princess was joined by screenwriters Hong Jung Eun and Hong Mi Ran of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho for the drama.

It will air its first episode on July 31.

Photo credit: Born Factory / enewsworld