So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

***Master’s Sun I guess have a light horror edge to it. And maybe some camp for the humor. The teaser is definitely spooky but at the same time peaks your curiosity. It attracts me very much. Loving the blend of horror and romance, ye, for something a little bit different, sort of intriguing. I’ll be anticipating for MASTER’S SUN. BTW, the ghost’s face when the lightning struck creeped me out but then SJS’s smiles made me feel all better. I say - Scare me and then kiss it better. Actually, the Master’s Sun had me hooked from the first release of the stills. I don’t rely too heavily on teasers. But I’m not getting my hopes up.:))

Upcoming drama previews: Master, Doctor, Who Are You, Her Legend

by javabeans | July 11, 2013

(skipped unrelated.....)

Teasers galore! We’re gearing up for a new wave of summertime dramas, and have the previews to prove it.

First up, we have the Hong sisters writing their ninth rom-com miniseries with Master’s Sun. It’s the Wednesday-Thursday show starring Gong Hyo-jin as the ghost-seeing heroine, who works for the haughty boss-man played by So Ji-sub.

The trailer has a distinctly Addams Family-esque camp-horror factor, which I dearly, dearly hope pays off in the final product. It could make for something very fun and quirky, or it could flop big time. We’ll have to wait and see.

In the teaser, So Ji-sub narrates, “Her world is a little… special.” That’s puttin’ it mildly. She sports a Mona Lisa smile and says, “I’ve been waiting for you.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UlzuU9KrRJ0

prev_master1.jpg

prev_master2.jpg

[Photos] Added new poster for the Korean drama 'Master's Sun'

photo327412.jpg

Added new poster for the upcoming Korean drama "Master's Sun" (2013)

Directed by Jin Hyeok

Written by Hong Jeong-eun, Hong Mi-ran

Network : SBS

With So Ji-sub, Kong Hyo-jin, Seo In-guk, Kim Yoo-ri-I, Hyung Sik, Jeong Ga-eun,...

Wed, Thu 22:00
Synopsis
A woman who sees ghosts and a man who protects her.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2013/07/31

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor... ( English Korean )

Crush Alert! Ivy flirts with So Ji Sub

기사 이미지

On a recent broadcast of 1000 Song Challenge, IVY — who is currently promoting her new song, “I Dance” — appeared on the show, as well as Ladies’ Code So Jung and Eun Bi.

After explaining why Wonder Girls’ Yoo Bin — who is featured in the song — was unable to appear for the performance, IVY said, “We’re looking for a rapper,” sparking the casts’ interest. MC Lee Hwi Jae then recommended comedian Jo Se Ho, though Ivy declined by saying, “His face doesn’t match the concept of the song.”

Following this, the MCs asked, “Is there a senior or junior who you would like to feature with?” At this question, Ivy replied, “Honestly, I would like to cast Mr. So Ji Sub. He raps really well.” After complimenting him, she said, “I would really like to stand together on stage.”

Netizens who came across Ivy’s compliment to So Ji Sub commented, “Rather than acknowledging rapping skills, I think there is an ulterior motive,” “Ivy So Ji Sub love call? She matched well with Yang Dong Geun…,” “Ivy So Ji Sub love call, I think a very fresh stage will ascend.”

(source: nate news) / DramaFever

Guest karenkdrama

willenette said:

***Master’s Sun I guess have a light horror edge to it. And maybe some camp for the humor. The teaser is definitely spooky but at the same time peaks your curiosity. It attracts me very much. Loving the blend of horror and romance, ye, for something a little bit different, sort of intriguing. I’ll be anticipating for MASTER’S SUN. BTW, the ghost’s face when the lightning struck creeped me out but then SJS’s smiles made me feel all better. I say - Scare me and then kiss it better. Actually, the Master’s Sun had me hooked from the first release of the stills. I don’t rely too heavily on teasers. But I’m not getting my hopes up.:)) **************** 

my sentiment too.... i freak out when i saw the ghost face and it was transform into the Gong Hyo Jin face. For a moment , i was thinking if Hyu Jin is also a ghost?? hahha but after seeing Ji sub's cheeky smile, i got a feeling that there'll be humor in this show.. i hope writer will write a jolly good script,...though i have no doubts about it. Write up on Jisub character is that he will come to protect hyo jin, i wonder how this miser, greedy guy will change into a warm and caring guy to protect the female lead,...  and hyo jin's words "i've been waiting for you" reel me into this drama like a dead fish even before it broadcasts.... did she have a feeling that this miser will help solve her ability to see ghost?? excited.... silly ranting... 

Exclusive photos from the upcoming "The Master's Sun"

so

With the first episode scheduled episode of The Master’s Sun to air on July 31, show producers revealed a a few photos of Ji Sub’s and Gong Hyo Jin’s first encounter in the drama.

According to the staff, in filming the scene last June at a gas station in Gyeonggi Province, So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin, despite the filming late in the afternoon, did not show any signs of weariness, but instead showed a one-of-a-kind “happy energy,” lightening up the atmosphere onset.

In between takes, the two actors also looked at the script together and discussed the emotional through-lines for their characters.

Bon Factory, the drama’s production company, stated, “There seems to be great interest in So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin’s fresh mix in coordinating as a couple for the first time since their debut.” They added, “Please show a lot of interest and anticipation in the unprecedented romantic-comedy horror, The Master’s Sun where the two actors are presenting exceeding expectations in coordination on set.”

(source: nate news) / DramaFever

“MASTER’S SUN”: SO JI SUB THE BOSS 
Posted by goodange on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 · 
Though he is described as miserly and stiff, So Ji Sub‘s Joo Joong Won certainly looks sharp and cool. He has to look the part, as he is the the high powered executive of a conglomerate.

Source | Newsen
http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/07/16/masters-sun-so-ji-sub-the-boss/
http://news.nate.com/view/20130717n04296

Credit : Soompi Thread [upcoming Drama 2013] The Master's Sun/The Sun Of My Master (주군의 태양)

d387.jpg
595l.jpg
quvb.jpg
34d2.jpg
adnv.jpg
4bs2.jpg
0be9.jpg

Yoshikitty said:
Though he is described as miserly and stiff, So Ji Sub‘s Joo Joong Won certainly looks sharp and cool. He has to look the part, as he is the the high powered executive of a conglomerate.

Source | Newsen

Credit : Soompi Thread [upcoming Drama 2013] The Master's Sun/The Sun Of My Master (주군의 태양)

willenette said: Yoshikitty said:

Source | Newsen

Hi Yoshikitty, thanks for sharing all these stills. Wahhh..............So Ji Sub in gorgeous suits as he plays the role of Joo Joong Won, a wealthy shopping mall CEO. I guess his fashion will be garnering attention here for his colorful suit jackets, like that red/maroonish suit - hahaha. I look forward to So Ji Sub’s new image here. :))

Yoshikitty said: willenette said: Yoshikitty said:

Source | Newsen

Hi Yoshikitty, thanks for sharing all these stills. Wahhh..............So Ji Sub in gorgeous suits as he plays the role of Joo Joong Won, a wealthy shopping mall CEO. I guess his fashion will be garnering attention here for his colorful suit jackets, like that red/maroonish suit - hahaha. I look forward to So Ji Sub’s new image here. :))

Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px;"K-pop, K-Drama and Abs: What It Takes To Achieve A Six-Pack

HERE ARE A FEW KDRAMA ACTORS WHOSE WORKOUTS DESERVE MENTION—OR APPLAUSE.

86656-so-ji-sub.jpgSo Ji Sub

So Ji Sub: The star of the cyber detective story "Phantom" will soon appear as a cynical boss in "The Master's Sun. The actor says he actually enjoys working out. He swims and lifts weights, exercising whenever he gets the chance.

full article athttp://bit.ly/12FUsK0

[HanCinema's Film Review] There is "Always" hope...

photo328657.jpg

Song Il-gon's "Always" has completely won me over. There are a lot of Korean romantic dramas out there, but only a few of them manage to stay favourites. Great Korean love stories such as "Chunhyang", "The Servant", "Bad Guy", and "My Sassy Girl" come to my mind and, after watching So Ji-sub and Han Hyo-joo on screen together, I think I can safely state that I have another love-struck nugget of a film to add to that list.

Cheol-min (So Ji-sub) is a hard working 30-year old labourer and part-time security guard. He is also an ex-boxer with a dark and haunting history, a past that he is desperately seeking redemption for. During his first night as a security guard Cheol-min gets serendipitously introduced to Jeong-hwa (Han Hyo-joo), a visually impaired (clinically blind) woman with an adorable persona. Her high-spirited nature contrasts dramatically with Cheol-min's monosyllabic grit. The two find themselves falling in love as Jeong-hwa shows Cheol-min that love and forgiveness are Always possible.

"Always" really does have something for everyone. Fans will enjoy the heart-throbbing scenes of So Ji-sub training and sweating it out as the boxer trying to get back into the ring, and Han Hyo-joo embodies the kind of spirit that any sane man would willing throw his heart at. The chemistry between them was felt from the very first scene (which was actually just a cute misunderstanding), from there the film dramatically captures the constant push and pull of the forces that play at their star-crossed reunion.

I was surprised at the level violence in the film. For a heart-felt love drama such as this there were more cringe-worthy moments than I would have ever guessed. Unknown to Cheol-min, for example, Jeong-hwa is being sexually harassed at work by her manager, a real sleaze who actually tries to force himself on her eventually. The tragic subject of suicide is also present, a serious social issue for South Korea and its people. Cheol-min's dark history is also particularly graphic. One of his previous jobs was as a debt collector/muscle hound who taught people very physical lessons about not paying their debts. In the film he also climbs back in the ring, which makes him bloody proof that love can indeed hurt and be worth it. "Always" finds peace and love within the eye of the storm. These two individuals are not flying through life without a care in world before they meet; they are both seeking a loving new constant in their lives. The fact that the film is graphic at times, and that it deals with some serious social issues as themes, strengthens the touching tale being told. There is plenty of worthwhile magic to be found here – Fantastic.

- C.J. Wheeler (@KoreaOnTheCouch)

*** I love the mirror posters though it’s pretty creepy when you have watched the teaser. I thought it wouldn’t be that scary because it is a rom-com. The teasers had me closing my eyes. I get goosebumps and freaked out.  This teaser is so bloody good, it will really kill me if this show doesn’t live up to it. My expectations have been heightened. But, it seems I’ll be watching this in the daytime! I don’t really dig horror dramas/movies. I find it usually totally boring. I have a really good feeling about this drama! Hope they’ll dial up the scary scenes by some comedic moment so I’ll be able to handle this one. Well, cannot wait. Please be good. I bet it is. It is so rare for me to see him smile but when he does I do a happy dance inside of me. We shall see.........:))

Posters, new teaser and stills for Master’s Sun

by girlfriday | July 22, 2013

MasterSun18.jpg

Things are looking up for Hong sisters rom-com horror drama Master’s Sun, with spooky posters and an eerie but funny teaser featuring Gong Hyo-jin as a heroine who can’t sleep, and spends her waking hours barely living and running from ghosts. She has quite the array of odd jobs too, because her ghost-seeing ability is always getting her fired from one job or another, and she goes from once being called “the big sun” (taeyang, a play on her name, Ms. Tae) to a solitary girl with constant dark circles, who shuts herself off from the rest of the world.

The stills show her myriad of part-time night jobs, from taxi driver to gosiwon housekeeper to shopping mall janitor. The last is where she meets our hero So Ji-sub, king of shopping malls. I love that she just falls into his arms in the teaser as she croons, “I want to sleep next to you,” followed by, “I want to touch you.”

And of course, she literally gets the line: “I see dead people.” She tells him about her ability to see ghosts (or affliction, as the case may be) and he challenges her to show them those things she sees, punctuated by a snarky, “You. richard simmons.”

Urg, we’re going to root for her to throw a pie in his face from the start, aren’t we? I do like that he’s playing up the assy boss with gusto though, so hopefully the fun will be in watching all that crumble over this woman everyone else calls crazy.

The hijinks begin August 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zZVbzcOVj8

MasterSun19.jpg

MasterSun21.jpg

MasterSun22.jpg

MasterSun23.jpg

MasterSun25.jpg

MasterSun20.jpg

MasterSun24.jpg

Via TV Daily, SBS

Filming for SBS TV drama ‘The Master’s Sun’ progressing smoothly
Credit : Soompi Thread[upcoming Drama 2013] The Master's Sun/The Sun Of My Master (주군의 태양)

Filming still from 'The Master's Sun'

The production team for upcoming SBS TV Wed-Thu drama ‘The Master’s Sun’ has recently released a new set of photos where it showed everyone on the film set working hard together for the filming despite the hot and rainy weather conditions.

Filming began in early summer, but it met with the rainy season in recent times, which prompted the rescheduling of certain filming scenes. As a result, most of the filming for the rescheduled scenes started in the afternoon, and could only be concluded after midnight. But every cast member gave each other encouragement, and gave their all for the filming. In order to not disappoint viewers who have been anticipating the drama, the cast members are ignoring their own fatigue levels to film each and every scene with boundless passion.

The cast members of ‘The Master’s Sun’ are always wearing smiles on their faces for their filming each time, and their happy mood has been a source of energy for the entire production. So Ji Sub who plays the role of the egoistic and miserly Joo Joong Won in the drama, always wears a radiant smile on his face in between breaks during filming, and created an amiable mood at the film set. Gong Hyo Jin also demonstrated her trademark smile during breaks between the filming, and added much cheer to the film set despite her dark and gloomy role of Tae Kong Sil.

So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin act as a bickering couple in the drama, but while the director gives the ‘OK’ sign, the two would immediately wear radiant smiles on their faces. The two also take good care of each other on the film set, and has been labelled as the ‘So-Gong couple’ by many who were envious of their relationship. Maknae Seo In Guk has also been showing his easy-going nature at the set, by dishing ice coffee and other food to the production staff, and winning their favour.

SBS TV ‘The Master’ Sun’ revolves around a relationship between an egoistic and miserly man, and a woman who is a cry baby and possesses the ability the see ghosts after an incident. The drama will succeed ‘I Hear Your Voice’ and make its debut on August 7th.

1st Source : By: Yoon Hyo Jung
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

"Master's Sun" revealed pictures from the set.

Kong Hyo-jin, So Ji-sub and Seo In-guk have been fighting with the heat and working hard for the SBS drama "Master's Sun".

So Ji-sub in the role of plutocrat Joo Joong-won, was seen smiling even right after he was so cold and bad tempered just seconds ago. In the role of Tae Gong-sil, Kong Hyo-jin is also seen in the back smiling.

Seo In-guk 'bribed' the staff on set by treating them to ice coffee.

Meanwhile, "Master's Sun" is a romantic comedy about a man who is cheap and arrogant and a woman who has the ability to see ghosts. To be released on the 7th of August.

2nd Source : 
http://starin.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRead.edy?SCD=EA31&newsid=01148006602877472&DCD=A10102
rb1w.jpgr3u9.jpg
3rji.jpg
vgsy.jpg
rgle.jpg
2t61.jpg
9nr1.jpg

‘Master’s Sun’ So Ji-Sub and Gong Hyo-Jin, opened the filming spot

6622_1.jpg

‘Master’s Sun’ opened the filming spot with big smiles. It draws attentions by the scene of three main character So Ji-Sub, Gong Hyo-Jin, Seo In-Guk performing with struggle for hot summer, for SBS ‘Master’s Sun’ which will be aired on August 7th. So Ji-Sub the role of ‘Arrogant and impudent rich man’ Joo Jung-Won, performed cold man in front of cameras, but smiled, making the spot hot. Also Gong Hyo-Jin the role of ‘Gloomy woman living alone’, Tae Gong-Sil, makes the spot harmonious showing lovely smiles without gloomy face, behind the cameras. Especially So Ji-Sub and Gong Hyo-Jin showed pleasant figure, laughing wile shooting the scene that they fight each other. Seo In-Guk raised the morale by giving ice coffees to staffs, as the youngest of the drama. Meanwhile ‘Master’s Sun’ will be aired on August 7th following ‘I Hear Your Voice’. [Photo=Born Factory]

credit : Innolife.co.kr

***I cannot wait for this! Been waiting for SJS to come out again.:))

class="content-title"“Master’s Sun” Set Always Full of Laughter

“Master’s Sun” Set Always Full of Laughter

A compilation of stills from the set of “Master’s Sun” was recently revealed according to Herald News.

Master's Sun Stills

“Master’s Sun,” which airs its first episode on August 7, is a highly anticipated drama that mixes the genres of romantic comedy and horror. It was created by the famous Hong Sisters writers, and stars some of Korea’s top actors, including So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin. “Master’s Sun” may well be the biggest hit of the summer.

Even after colliding with each other on set for a fighting scene, when the director gave the okay for the camera to stop rolling, Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub burst into laughter. After filming, they were seen taking care of each other, sparking the jealousy of the staff crew. In fact, the entire cast is always seen laughing and having a good time.

The youngest actor on set, Seo In Gook, bought iced coffee for all the staff, who were tired from filming for long hours. He lifts the mood for the entire set!

Publisher Bon Factory said, “The cast of ’Master’s Sun’ is working very hard to create the best drama that they can. The staff is motivated by the cast’s hard work and dedication. ‘Master’s Sun’ will make audiences laugh and cry, and raise goose bumps. I hope it will receive a lot of love.”

credit : soompi news