So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

class="tit_detail"Top 5 stars that look alike

A lot of stars are getting comments from their fans that they look similar to another star. Whether it’s fans trying to connect their favorite stars together or they’re just facinated, they aren’t completely wroung.

Many stars have been paired with other stars to be their look alike, or doppleganger. Members from groups like SNSD and 2pm have been compared to many other stars.

To find out the Top 5 stars that look alike, please visit our ‘Show Exclusive’ section where you can watch a ‘Showbiz Korea’ episode on similar looking Korean Stars!

source : KOFAN

[Ratings: Thurs, 08.29.13] Ghosts Bring ‘Master’s Sun’ to Highest Ratings

As scary as the ghosts are in SBS’ Master’s Sun, viewers continue to watch, bringing the romantic comedy to its highest rating to date.

On Thursday night, Master’s Sun recorded 17.8 percent, taking the lead ahead of MBC’s Two Weeks and KBS’ Blade and Petal, which continues to stray behind.

With romance starting to blossom between all the main characters, Master’s Sun will most likely continued to rise.

52299353.jpg

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dramas

1. SBS Master’s Sun 16.1→17.8

2. MBC Two Weeks 9.4→11.5

3. KBS Blade and Petal 5.0→5.4

Variety

1. KBS Happy Together 8.1

2. MBC Hwasooboon 3.7

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielsen Media Research

Photo Credit: SBS / enewsworld

class="cb b15"'Master's Sun' So Ji Sub Uses Gong Hyo Jin to Catch the Water Ghost

'Master's Sun' So Ji Sub Uses Gong Hyo Jin to Catch the Water Ghost
(Photo : SBS) 'Master's Sun' So Ji Sub Uses Gong Hyo Jin to Catch the Water Ghost

August 29, an episode of the SBS drama "Master's Sun" featured Joo Joong Won (So Ji Sub) making a plan to catch the water ghost for Tae Gong Shil (Gong Hyo Jin).

During the episode, Joo Joong Won hears rumors about a ghost that has been said to be causing accidents at the hotel swimming pool. In order to catch the ghost, Joo Joong Won decides to take advantage of Tae Gong Shil.

Joo Joong Won asks Tae Gong Shil, "You said you've seen a water ghost before, right?" Tae Gong Shil becomes frightened and explains why she never wants to see it again since she almost drowned after seeing it.

Seeing how frightened she is, Joo Joong Won is unable to ask her to catch the ghost in the hotel pool. Soon after however, Joo Joong Won hands her a coupon for a hotel package. Not knowing anything, Tae Gong Shil becomes extremely happy and excited.

When Tae Gong Shil comes to the hotel, Joo Joong Won treats her to delicious food and buys presents for her. On her way back from the restroom, Tae Gong Shil overhears the employees talking about Joo Joong Won. They say, "I heard that Joo Joong Won is doing a fireworks event for a woman. I don't know who she is but I am so jealous of her." Tae Gong Shil says to herself, "A special event? Could it possibly be for me?" and gets even more excited.

Joo Joong Won begins to talk about catching the water ghost. He says, "There is a very important thing. Don't get mad at me even if you get surprised." Tae Gong Shil thinks, "Did he reserve the whole swimming pool for me?"

When she finds out the truth however, Tae Gong Shil becomes very disappointed. Regardless, she agrees to helping the man who always holds out his hand for her.

source : KDramaStars

Hyeon Bin in "The Master's Secret", So Ji-sub related?

photo343149.jpg

So Ji-sub and Hyeon Bin met in "The Master's Secret".

SBS TV Jobs edited two dramas, "Master's Sun" and "Secret Garden" to make it one.

Joo Joong-won (So Ji-sub) and Kim Joo-won (Hyeon Bin) are related in this parody drama and they appear as CEO's as Shopping Kingdom and Royal Shopping.

Kim Joo-won builds a great trading company nearby and pressures Joong-won. This parodies that Kim Joo-won is actually the owner of "Giant Mall" which wasn't revealed in "Master's Sun".

Oscar (Yoon Sang-hyeon) who was the model of Kingdom appeared and made things more drama-realistic.

However, it was Joo Joong-won who put out his hand when Joo-won was in trouble. They displayed brotherhood as they grew up together since they were boys.

"The Master's Secret" was so well made and is getting amazing reviews.

Meanwhile, Joo Joong-won and Tae Gong-sil (Kong Hyo-jin) are getting closer and Kang Woo's (Seo In-guk) feelings for her gets bigger every day. This drama can be seen every Wednesday and Thursday at 10PM.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Soh Ji-Sup - Gong Hyo-Jin "Master's Sun", Korea caught 'Master illness'?!

7028_1.jpg

Soh Ji-Sup - Gong Hyo-Jin "Master's Sun", Korea caught 'Master illness'?!
'Master's Sun' is continuing dominating procession of Wed-Thu drama with the rise of viewing rate, getting the attention focused.

SBS Wed-Thu drama 'Master's Sun' is in the circumstance of no letting go of the first rank of viewing rate among the dramas played at the same time, due to the combination of strongly constructed story and direction, and the actors with individuality and performing abilities. Especially, the 8th episode broadcast on last 29th, newly recorded the highest viewing rate once again, recorded viewing rate 19.2%(Nielson Korea, capital city as criteria), and is about to enter the viewing rate 20%.

Related to this, 'Master's Sun' is evaluated that it is creating perfect combination of the unpredictable story, which provokes curiosity, and the best chemistry between the actors, and interesting direction that makes higher concentration toward the drama.

The Bon Factory, the producing company stated "including Soh Ji-Sup, Gong Hyo-Jin, Seo In-Guk, Kim Yu-Ri, all the actors and staffs of 'Master's Sun' are energetically participating in the shooting. We will try to make the drama with better quality, as we get the admiration from the viewers." [사진 제공=본팩토리]

source : Innolife.co.kr

class="entry-title"i hear his voice…

I hear, I like, I listen, I love.

I have a thing for voices – especially when it comes to guys. Low and deep usually works for me, but there are those that are uniquely addictive that the two earlier factors don’t really act as pre-requisites. Here are a few voices that I could listen to almost all day…in no particular order.

(skipped unrelated.....)

So Ji Sub

source : http://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/

***This was 0.5 percent higher than the previous week. Starting at 13.6 percent of viewers, the drama series never lost the highest viewer’s rating for five consecutive weeks.:))

[Ratings: Thurs, 09.05.13] Romance Sparks on ‘Master’s Sun’ with Broken China

Finally owning up to his feelings, Joo Joong Won (So Ji Sub) spoke the words we’ve all been waiting for.

We’ll spare the details since some might not have seen it, but it was an episode worthy of screaming over.

SBS’ Master’s Sun climbed back up to 17.3 percent, while KBS’ Blade and Petal completed its run with 5.3 percent and a sad ending.

10445719.jpg

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Dramas

1. SBS Master’s Sun 16.8→17.3

2. MBC Two Weeks 9.5→9.9

3. KBS Blade and Petal 5.0→5.3

Variety

1. KBS Happy Together 7.9

2. MBC HwaSuBoon 2.8

Photo Credit: Gong Hyo Jin′s me2day / enewsworld

So Ji-sub is in love with Kong Hyo-jin

[spoiler] So Ji-sub is in love with Kong Hyo-jin

So Ji-sub confessed his love for Kong Hyo-jin in “Master’s Sun“.

Joo joong-won (So Ji-sub) admitted his true feelings for Tae Gong-sil (Kong Hyo-jin) on the tenth episode of the SBS drama “Master’s Sun“.

Kang Woo (Seo In-guk) gave Tae Gong-sil a doll saying it was called Gong-sil as well. Tae I-ryeong (Kim Yoo-ri-I) saw a Dooly doll on Kang Woo’s desk before she found the Gong-sil doll on Gong-sil’s desk.

Tae I-ryeong criticized Gong-sil about it and she answered, “Dooly is her boyfriend”. Tae I-ryeong suspected their relationship and burned with jealousy. She invited Tae Gong-sil to her high school reunion on purpose.

However, she pressed Gong-sil to reveal her love story with Joo Joong-won and she said that she liked him but he was getting married. While everyone pitied her, Joo Joong-won appeared and said, “I broke off the marriage for you”.

Actually, Joo Joong-won’s marriage was a big fraud for business and was broken up according to the contract. However, his actions suddenly made Gong-sil the real Candy and was the envy of everyone at the table.

Joo Joong-won dragged her out by the wrist and said, “I think I love you. Now what?”

source : ohkpop

class="articletitle"K-Pop Destinations: Sweet Kdrama Desserts

Whipped cream and a dollop of drama are featured in two Seoul dessert cafes

99515-so-ji-sub.jpg So Ji Sub 99514-the-masters-sun.jpg The Master's Sun 99516-a-twosome-place.jpg A Twosome Place

Last week we talked about filming locations where you can stop for coffee or tea with a shot of kdrama. There are two more cafes you can stop at for a sweet drama-flavored treat. Both cafes are known for their mouthwatering desserts and both dessert cafes have something to do with dramas that are currently in production.

If you've been enjoying the ghostly goings on in the hit drama The Master's Sun," you may want to savor So Ji Sub's favorite drink, a vanilla shakeratto, plus treats such as macaroon berry cake at the actor's very own dessert café, 51K A Twosome Place. Not only does this branch of the dessert café chain belong to the actor, but scenes from the ghostly drama were also filmed there. Remember the ghost who loves his coffee? That's his favorite place to drink it.

There are several branches of A Twosome Place, but the actor's 51K branch is near the Apgujeong subway station. The 51K part of the name refers to his agency. The address is Gangnam-gu, Shinsa-dong, 602 1F. For more information, call +82-2-517-2377 or visit www.twosome.co.kr (in Korean).
 To get there, take subway line 3, to the Apgujeong Station,  exit 3.

Walk straight until you meet a T-junction, take the road on the left. The café is next to the movie theater.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : kpopstarz

class="cb b15"Understanding Kdrama: What's A Candy Girl?

Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub

If you've been watching "The Master's Sun" lately, you may have heard the characters use the expression "Candy Girl" several times.

So Ji Sub's character thinks other people are confused about his relationship with the seemingly crazy character played by Gong Hyo Jin. And he's a little confused by it himself. When he is pretending to be engaged to someone else, he suggests they define their relationship and that Gong Hyo Jin should become his Candy Girl.

This means he will become her "sugar daddy" and sponsor her, buying her a home and a car and paying for her expenses.

She also comments that people probably think she is a "Candy Girl," a woman who wants to marry a rich man or be taken care of by him. That's what people have to think since she is always hanging around him.

But of course that's not their relationship at all. She sees ghosts. He can make them go away. They actually like each other but in the tradition of kdrama love, it will take them several episodes to be honest with each other.

(skipped unrelated.....)

But who is this "Candy Girl?" Where did the expression come from?

It all started with a manga character named Candy. "Candy Candy" was a Japanese anime story written by Kyoko Mizuki in 1975. The Cinderella-meets-Little-Orphan-Annie-story is about an orphan named Candy who gets adopted twice, first by a family that mistreats her. Then a wealthy anonymous benefactor sponsors her. Candy is an optimistic, cheerful character who deserves her good fortune.

The manga has all the elements of a good kdrama, including a cheerful heroine overcoming hard times, a difficult first love, and cliffhanging endings so that the next episode begins where the last one left off.

The manga ran for four years and became an anime series as well as inspiring several films. By the 1980s, the soap-opera-style anime became popular throughout Asia and the term "Candy Girl" had become synonymous with a hardworking cheerful young woman who is sponsored by a wealthy benefactor.

In "The Master's Sun" Gong Hyo Jin refuses to become So Ji Sub's "Candy Girl" because she is not interested in money, but in many other ways she is a Candy Girl, hardworking, cheerful and optimistic despite the ghosts that torment her.

Can you think of any other "Candy Girl" dramas? Let us know.

source : KDramaStars

***This is exciting news! I like Lee Jong Hyuk as an actor. Plus they’re both with SJS to be playing Big Time CEOs — Can’t wait for the face off. :))

Lee Jong-hyuk drops by Master’s Sun to play So Ji-sub’s rival

by javabeans | September 10, 2013

master15.jpgmaster15a.jpg

javabeans: We’ve had quite a number of cameo appearances already in Master’s Sun, and for the most part they’ve been fine. Well-used, mostly, though I wouldn’t say they were anything to get excited about. Just familiar faces to have fun recognizing as day players, like Seo Hyo-rim (Scent of a Woman) as the fiancée-for-a-day, or Infinite’s L in the recurring flashbacks to So Ji-sub’s youth.

girlfriday: I think the only really funny one so far was the cameo from City Hunter’s Bad Daddy Kim Sang-joong, playing a thinly veiled version of himself.

javabeans: The Seo Hyo-rim one was funny in a meta sense, in that the scene was a parody of Empire of Gold, where she propositions So Ji-sub with a marriage to escape her own family. But mostly they’ve been played for emotion, like with Jung Chan (Yellow Boots) as the bereaved (lazy) pianist or Shut Up’s bassist Casanova Yoo Min-kyu as a rich brat ghost. And Jin Yi-han (Dr. Jin) as the soccer player, who was great as always.

girlfriday: But it turns out the best cameo is still to come, because Lee Jong-hyuk (Dating Agency Cyrano) is swinging by for a guest appearance. Yay!

javabeans: At first I figured, hey cool. And then I read the description and burst into a giggle fit: He’s playing the president of Giant Mall! Bwahaha. You know, that rival shopping center that’s building bigger and ostensibly better buildings than Kingdom, whose property So Ji-sub jealously regards every day through his gold telescope.

master8-00141.jpg

girlfriday: I freaking love that gold telescope. I totally thought we’d never meet Giant Mall’s CEO, because it seemed like a funnier running gag that way, or that he’d be appropriately tiny, yunno, because the giantness of Giant Mall would be compensating for something.

javabeans: Absent that admittedly awesome image, I love that the rival actually IS totally a rival. Who better to play an ego as big as Joong-won’s? Will they both fit into the same room? And whose turf do they meet on — Your place or mine?

girlfriday: It’s going to be so petty, and so so great.

javabeans: It’s icing on the cake to have the Kingdom chairman-president relationship mirrored over at Giant, with Lee Jong-hyuk as the prez and his father the chairman played by veteran actor Lee Jae-yong (Chun Bong in Mandate of Heaven, the shrewd eunuch of Jeon Woo-chi, and a bunch of other dramas like Tree with Deep Roots and Sungkyunkwan Scandal). Charisma overload.

girlfriday: And apparently our hero will have more to be jealous of than just the size (ahem) of the other guy’s building, because Gong-shil finds him dashing and charming, because uh, who wouldn’t?

javabeans: Muahahahaha. Joong-won’s jealousy was hilarious even when he was actively denying his feelings. Now that it’s all out in the open, this oughtta be fun.

girlfriday: That telescope’s gonna be working overtime this week.

master16.jpg

Via Sports Chosun

"Master's Sun" So Ji-sub and Kong Hyo-jin in deep romance

photo347276.jpg

According to Nielsen Korea, SBS drama "Master's Sun" rated 18.3% on the 11th. This is 1.0% higher than the previous episode.

Joo Joong-won (So Ji-sub) lied to his aunt Joo Seong-ran (Kim Mi-kyeong) about Tae Gong-sil (Kong Hyo-jin), who heard what he said and got hurt. However, he ran after her and forced her into a kiss.

Meanwhile, KSB 2TV drama "Hope for Love" rated 3.0% and MBC "Two Weeks" rated 9.5%.

Source : tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read... ( English )

"Master's Sun" breaks record

photo347661.jpg

SBS drama "Master's Sun" is close to 20%.

SBS drama "Master's Sun" rated 19.3% on the 12th which is 1.0% higher than the previous episode.

MBC drama "Two Weeks" rated 11.0% which is an 1.5% increase from 9.5%.

KBS 2TV drama "Hope for Love" ended with 3.2%.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

[Ratings: Thurs, 09.12.13] Terrible Twist Occurs in ‘Master’s Sun’ with So Ji Sub

SPOILER
Don’t read ahead if you don’t want to find out what happened, but scroll down fast if you want the ratings though.

SBS’ Master’s Sun was running as it always does with Tae Gong Shil (Gong Hyo Jin) helping out a ghost with Joo Joong Won (So Ji Sub) by her side.

But Thursday’s episode was slightly different.

As Tae Gong Shil got closer and closer to finding out what happened to this child ghost, she put herself in danger, coming face to face with his murderer. Luckily, Joo Joong Won comes to the rescue, but not before he is injured and taken to the hospital.

Tae Gong Shil waits out of the operating room when suddenly, Joo Joong Won appears in front of her, completely fine, making the viewers realize the worst has happened since Tae Gong Shil is able to see dead people.

While it’s not completely certain if Joo Joong Won really died or not (we′re hoping just a coma), the twist at the end of the episode had jaws hanging and people hoping that Joo Joong Won is not dead.

84649124.jpg

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dramas

1. SBS Master’s Sun 18.3→19.3

2. MBC Two Weeks 9.5→11.0

3. KBS Looking Forward to Romance 3.0→3.2

Variety

1. KBS Happy Together 9.7

2. MBC Hwasuboon 2..7

Photo Credit: SBS / enewsworld

So Ji-sub’s hand act

So Ji-sub's hand act

Actor So Ji-sub is swooning women with his hand gestures.

So Ji-sub takes on the role of bad tempered Joo Joong-won, in the SBS drama “Master’s Sun“.

He produces magic-like appeal that makes everyone fall in love with his act.

In the picture, So Ji-sub is acting out the emotions Joo Joong-won might be feeling. This shows how much he’s into the character and how passionate he is about it.

It’s also adorable that he uses his hands to find the right expressions for the emotions.

So Ji-sub is known for using his hands to practice and discussing them with his director. He puts his hands up next to his head in a fist, creating a cute ‘lamb’ look and even looking playful at times.

This image of the actor is quite different from the character we see today.

However, when the camera starts rolling, So Ji-sub turns into the cold and bad tempered Joo Joong-won.

The staff on site also try to imitate his hands but only sigh.

source : ohkpop