So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Guest YunRa1430270238

So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin May Join New Hong Sisters Drama

The Hong Sisters are coming back with the hope that So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin will be the main leads.

On April 9, Bon Factory, the production company for the Hong Sister’s new work, The Sun of the Lord (tentative English title) stated that the lead roles have been pitched to So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin, who are currently said to be positively considering the drama.

23951564.jpg

Although nothing is confirmed, if So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin agree to appear in the drama, it will be the first time the two actors have ever worked with each other.

This will be So Ji Sub’s first drama since Ghost in 2012 and Gong Hyo Jin’s since The Greatest Love in 2011.

The Sun of the Lord is about a woman who sees ghosts and a man who tries to protect her. This will be the follow up project for Hong Sisters after Big. PD Jin Hyuk, who has worked on A Brilliant Legacy, City Hunter, and Prosecutor Princess will be directing it.

Photo Credit: Kim Byung Kwan

Guest eylulesen

that's wonderful news, if this is true it'll be great to see them together, i love her, i think she's so lovely
and besides i miss SJS so much

Celebrity Dream Team: Idols and their sports
class="pvrichtxttitle"Here’s a look at how some athletic celebrities shine in areas beyond the stage

Text: Dang Hui Ling

In the entertainment industry where fame is fleeting and artistes constantly have to improve themselves to stay in the limelight, some idols have garnered attention in areas beyond the stage – their talent in sports.

While some celebrities showed potential of becoming sports stars during their younger days, others displayed their athletic inclinations after joining showbiz.

(skipped unrelated.....)

839270DA611D765E491944A516F5EA.jpg

Names of Shows and Dramas that Have Our Heads Spinning

There has been a recurring theme in recent times as we here at enewsworld started having long discussions about some of the programs/movies/dramas that are airing.

As variety programs get canceled or new dramas are being announced, we’ve noticed that the titles of these shows have been getting longer or more ridiculous by the minute, giving us a major headache on what to decide for the English title.

Here are some of what we’ve had to work with.

(skipped unrelated.....)

주군의 태양 (Joogoon ae Taeyang)
The Sun of the Lord (?)

33609228.jpg

This one is a real doozy.
Rumored to have So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin as its main leads, The Sun of the Lord (???) probably won’t get an official title until the drama airs, because this one can be called so many different names with just ‘Joo Goon ae Taeyang.’

“주군” or “Joo Goon” by definition can mean a lord/master, stationing troops, National Guard – whatever you want it. So we’re not even sure if we’re writing the right title as we use The Sun of the Lord for the time being.

Also, since the premise of the drama is about a woman who can see dead people, “Joo Goon” can be an awful play–on-words to “죽은” or “Jook eun,” which means “dead.”

And many times, we’ve seen titles like these turn out to be the characters’ names, so we might have characters named ‘Joo Goon’ and ‘Taeyang’ in this upcoming drama to make the title, “Joo Goon’s Taeyang.”

Especially because it’s a Hong Sisters drama, the possibilities for an English translation of this title can be endless.

We’ll just have to watch and see what the drama is about before we settle on the perfect one.

So that′s our rant for strange titles these days.

What are some weird translations for titles of Korean programs, dramas, and movies that had your mind boggled?

Photo Credit: MBC, KBS, Trugen, Kim Byung Kwan, Mog Interactive / enewsworld

@koreanlite I haven't seen 'Memories in Bali' but I did read a blog where there were compatibility matches for Ha Ji Won and all her male costars. Interestingly' date=' Ha Ji Won and So Ji Sub make the most perfect/ideal match in terms of their zodiac signs.[/quote']

@ebulli3nt

It would really be nice to see them together in a drama or movie

But im also happy that he is considering this drama with hong sisters. I haven't seen him in a rom-com. He always get serious roles.

@willenette, it would indeed be refreshing to watch him in a rom-com. Im a ha ji won fan but after I watched memories of bali, I became an instant fan. He is sooo manly.

I just finished watching ghost and the movie, always. Im trying to check his other works. I will really appreciate all your recommendations. :x

Guest eylulesen

koreanlite, i think you must see MİSA, i'm irrevocably fell in love with him with this drama that i love most