Ko Soo 고수

Admin

Trailer of new movie "The Tooth and The Nail" revealed

The suspense thriller centers on super-rich Nam Do-jin (Kim Joo-hyuk) and mysterious driver Choi Seung-man (Go Soo) who are embroiled in a mysterious murder case. At the crime scene, only a few drops of blood and a cut finger are found.

Set in Korea right after it was liberated from Japanese colonial rule, the movie will take moviegoers into the dramatic journey of a high-tension legal battle between the two men.

The movie will premiere on May 9 in Korea.

jae yeon.woo@yna.co.kr

(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• Like 3

I'm Myraa, I'm new here, as I was surfing, I came across this article and I hope everyone here don't mind I post it. I have seen Goo Soo acted with Choi Tae Joon in Padam Padam.

VARIETY

Go Soo explains how he made his debut as an actor on 'Cultwo Show'

By KpopJoA    55 minutes ago    4,890    312    0
go-soo

SHARES
  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Google+
Broadcast on April 24, actor Go Soo made a guest appearance on SBS 'Cultwo Show' where he discussed how started his acting career.

When asked how old he was when he started acting, Go Soo answered, "I debuted when I was 21 years old." The actor continued with his story, saying, "When I first came up to Seoul, I acted on stage, but I didn't have any money that time. Since I didn't make any money, I decided to put my stage acting on hold for later and eventually quit. Afterward, I began presenting my profile photo to numerous agencies."

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

Go Soo continued, "That's when I started shooting for commercials and music videos,  which jumpstarted my acting career."

Meanwhile, Go Soo is starring in the upcoming film 'The Tooth and the Nail' based on the novel of the same title by Bill S. Ballinger.

Get K-POP Merch @ allkpop The Shop

• Like 2

Hi @Myraa dearest!!!!  Now I see you here too ~  Such a wonderful feeling meeting you and @nazeeyaa here too :wub::blush:

Correction sweetie, our dear Chi Tae Joon worked with Ko Soo not in Padam Padam, but in the 2001 tv drama "Piano" and got reunited after almost 15 years in the tv drama "The Flower in Prison" (2016).  As I have said in the early pages of  CTJ's thread and in the WGM CTJ/YBM thread before, it was Ko Soo acting with Choi Tae Joon in "The Flower in Prison" who stirred my curiosity and interest of CTJ, thus my introduction with the Tae-Bom couple at WGM. I have love Ko Soo since watching his tv dramas - Piano and Green Rose.

Choi Tae Joon worked with Jung Sung Woo (famous veteran actor too) with Han Jimin and Kibum (former Super Junior member, famous boy band idols) in Padam Padam.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, emgphils said:

Hi @Myraa dearest!!!!  Now I see you here too ~  Such a wonderful feeling meeting you and @nazeeyaa here too :wub::blush:

Correction sweetie, our dear Chi Tae Joon worked with Ko Soo not in Padam Padam, but in the 2001 tv drama "Piano" and got reunited after almost 15 years in the tv drama "The Flower in Prison" (2016).  As I have said in the early pages of  CTJ's thread and in the WGM CTJ/YBM thread before, it was Ko Soo acting with Choi Tae Joon in "The Flower in Prison" who stirred my curiosity and interest of CTJ, thus my introduction with the Tae-Bom couple at WGM. I have love Ko Soo since watching his tv dramas - Piano and Green Rose.

Choi Tae Joon worked with Jung Sung Woo (famous veteran actor too) with Han Jimin and Kibum (former Super Junior member, famous boy band idols) in Padam Padam.

@emgphils, dear, I did see "The Flower in Prison", sorry for the mistake.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi emgphils, I do agree with you - I hope GS will do a drama for his next project soon. :lol: Can't wait to see more news about him now that he'll be very busy promoting the movie. Oh, talking about Petra, how I missed her so much! RIP, my very dear friend! :(

Hi dear @willenette - I am just too happy these days seeing Ko Soo promoting his new movie, and grateful too that he has always been so active in the industry he has chosen to devote his life as a profession.   I believe, him getting married and having 2 kids of his own made him relax and mature beautifully.   I like seeing the good changes in him, especially his attitude and demeanor in being interviewed.  I recall him being so silent and shy then, yet now, he's quite talkative and so open.  That's quite refreshing to see, though he has wonderfully maintained that best quality he has always shown - being so humble in all ways, so sincere and his words and actions.  I have expanded/added my favorite Korean actors - from Ko Soo to Choi Tae Joon, a kid actor who at 10 years old then has worked with Ko Soo in 2001 (Piano), and got reunited with in the 2016 tv drama The Flower in Prison. I am seeing in Choi Tae Joon the qualities I have seen and admired from Ko Soo ~ best is their commitment and devotion to acting.  In my heart, I see these 2 specimen of gorgeous and talented Korean guys as brothers:wub:

Yeah, it is on these days that I remember and miss Petra too~  She was really a dear person, truly an avid fan of Ko Soo.  But things happen that we can't control, least we make the best of it.  I regard her as our Ko Soo Angel, and perhaps, one of the reason we still come here and continue her "legacy" of keeping this thread active and thriving. . . . let's always keep her in our mind and heart ~

• Like 2

Refreshing looks of Ko Soo in the movie "The Tooth and the Nail":):wub:

Ko So has truly evolved awesomely as an actor, an artist so comfortable in his chosen craft ~  such confidence now in taking on varied roles in different eras. 

cr: as tagged

• Like 2

Interview with KO SOO and Kim Joo Hyuk promoting "THE TOOTH AND THE NAIL" movie ~

Well, I actually don't know what is being said, but I absolutely love that lost and puzzled look on Ko Soo :blush:  He looks adorably cute  . . .  such an hilarious situation!!!:D:tongue:

And here, I love listening to his voice - so husky, so manly!!!

cr: to owner (as tagged)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2017 at 2:41 PM, emgphils said:

Interview with KO SOO and Kim Joo Hyuk promoting "THE TOOTH AND THE NAIL" movie ~

Well, I actually don't know what is being said, but I absolutely love that lost and puzzled look on Ko Soo :blush:  He looks adorably cute  . . .  such an hilarious situation!!!:D:tongue:

And here, I love listening to his voice - so husky, so manly!!!

cr: to owner (as tagged)

Hi emgphils, thanks for sharing this interview clip. I couldn't agree with you more - that voice is so pleasing to the ear. I love the genre of this movie - suspense thriller - It was released yesterday, May 9. I hope it's doing fine, box-office wise. It says on what you posted above here that - "A well-planned and brutally executed murder! All of this is a trick someone has designed!"  I love all the stills from this movie including the poster. :lol:

photo847236.jpg

cr-Hancinema

• Like 3

Now Showing

m2.jpg

‘The Tooth and the Nail'

Do-jin (Kim Joo-hyuk), the richest man in Seoul, gets arrested for killing his driver (Go Soo). Both his lawyer and prosecutor try hard to reveal the truth behind the mysterious incident. Directed by Jung Sik and Kim Hwi.

credit : Korea Times

• Like 3

May 13, 2017

With age, Go Soo is ready for more :

Endlessly curious actor stars in the upcoming ‘The Tooth and the Nail’

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

12202953.jpg
[JOONGANG ILBO]

Only three months after his lead role in “Lucid Dream,” actor Go Soo is back with “The Tooth and the Nail.”

With “Dream” failing to attract a large audience, many in the industry have been speculate whether he still has enough star power to push his latest to the top of the box office. 

In an interview with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, the actor said that it is hard for him to forecast how the movie will perform this time, although he believes that this is a movie that audiences have been longing for.

Based on a 1955 novel of the same title by Bill S. Ballinger, Go plays a magician who becomes a chauffeur as he gets involved with a murder. He felt the burden of being in a thriller based on a popular novel, so he decided not to read the original story.

“I got curious and did think about reading the original, but the director told me that it would not be necessary,” said Go.

“When you read novels, you create the scenes with your imagination. So, I thought that if I did read the novel, I may run into some conflict while shooting the film between what I had imagine and what the director had imagined.” 

Q. Why made you choose this movie?

A. I liked that the plot wasn’t so simple. It was fun to try to understand the story which is made up of different puzzle pieces.

After your character became a driver in the middle of the movie, you used many disguises. What was that like?

The idea was that my character should not reveal his identity to certain people, so I did lots of special make up. We made my eyebrows more flat, and added sideburns on my face. I wonder how the audience would like it. 

How did you like the edited version of the movie?

More scenes were cut than I initially expected. I think it is inevitable to have some scenes cut when you film a movie. I feel a little [sad] but if cutting is necessary for the overall picture and the quality of the movie, I think that’s the right move. 

There are some romantic scenes in this movie. Do you prefer doing romantic roles?

I think I [want to continue playing] romantic roles and that’s why I keep getting connected to the pieces that include such scenes. I’m curious how I would look as my attitude towards love changes over time, so I want to keep these kinds of scenes. 

It’s been only three months since your previous movie. Do you ever rest?

I do rest. I usually take a two- or three-month break before starting a new one. I think that is enough for me. Also, I think my passion for acting is greater [than before.] There are many genres and characters that I have not worked with and I want to do them. 

What’s your response to people choosing you as an actor who is undervalued due to their looks? 

Well. (Laugh) I have seen those reports but I don’t know. There are many talented actors out there. I just think I need to put the best efforts to play the given roles. I am an actor, and I want to be evaluated for my acting skills. 

You have the image of a good man who never gets into trouble. What’s your secret?

I think that comes from my personality and character. When I was younger, if someone were to instigate me, it would really affect me. I tried to [look strong] and said things I didn’t mean. But I’m not that person anymore. Even I feel disappointed in something, I try to swallow my feelings and don’t [say anything.] Maybe that’s why I have that image. 

BY KIM YEON-JI [summerlee@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Namhansanseong Fortress soompi thread

August 7, 2017

'Namhansanseong Fortress' 6 Character Posters Released

Source: TV Report ++

Upcoming movie 'Namhansanseong Fortress' has revealed 6 new character posters for its main cast -- featuring the characters played by actors Lee Byung Hun, Kim Yoon Seok, Park Hae Il, Ko Soo, Park Hee Soon and Jo Woo Jin.

20170807_4.jpg

Spoiler

20170807_8.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

August 16, 2017

Thanks to Barbara at LBH soompi for the highlight & translation

20170817_3.jpg

"Ko Soo hoobae, you are ever so attentive, I will drink well!" 

Source:  LeeByungHun0712 weibo.com 

August 18, 2017

'Namhansanseong Fortress' script-reading footage revealed

Source: TV Daily ++

A clip showing the script-reading session from 'Namhansanseong Fortress' have been revealed on Friday. The first footage of the cast gathering took place on November 18, 2016 have been released via CJ Ent. official youtube channel.

• Like 2

August 23, 2017

New movie 'The Fortress'

New movie 'The Fortress'

Ko Soo, who stars in director Hwang Dong-hyuk's new film, "The Fortress," poses during its showcase at a Seoul theater on Aug. 23, 2017. The historical drama, which is about a fierce battle between Korea's Joseon and China's Qing Dynasties in 1636, will hit local screens in September. (Yonhap) (END)

The main cast members of "The Fortress" pose for the camera during a news conference for the film at a Seoul theater on Aug. 23, 2017. (Yonhap)

The main cast members of "The Fortress" pose for the camera during a news conference for the film at a Seoul theater on Aug. 23, 2017. (Yonhap)

• Like 2

August 23, 2017

[bnt photo] Ko Soo's Handsomeness Beyond Handsome

Source: BNTNews

lrq47qk4wdm8dmgzezv8gvfewp8390ek.jpg

[by Jo Hee Sun] Actor Park Hae Il attended the press conference for movie 'The Fortress' (Director Hwang Dong Hyuk) held at Seoul Gangnam-gu Sinsa-dong CGV Apgujeong on the morning of the 23rd and had a photo time.

The movie 'The Fortress' is a movie that tells the story of the 14 year standstill of the 2nd Manchu Invasion of Joseon with King Injo at the head of the fight. The story will focus on the most hard 47 days of the period portrayed by actors Lee Byung Hun, Kim Yoon Seok, Park Hae Il and Ko Soo. The movie is scheduled to premier in September. (photo by bntnews DB)

Leading Actors of 'The Fortress' are 'Korean Movie Industry's Avengers'

8j6lp3ph2phpfe8fva065xu1mc2vji7g.jpg

Photo: BH Entertainment @bhent_official

21107575_195699164301128_3645981708756451328_n.jpg

• Like 2

August 26, 2017

August Movie Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Source: Soompi by DY_Kim 

Spoiler

Park-Seo-Joon-Song-Kang-Ho-Jang-Dong-Gun1.jpg

On August 27, the Korean Business Research Institute announced the August brand reputation rankings for movie actors.

The results are based on the analysis of interaction, media coverage, communication, and community indexes for 165,104,765 pieces of big data on 50 actors from July 25 to August 26. This is a 16.53% rise from the 139,284,258 pieces of big data for the July ranking.

Park Seo Joon took first with a total brand reputation score of 9,716,059. Song Kang Ho placed second with a score of 8,815,009, and Jang Dong Gun followed closely behind with a score of 8,174,818. All three actors star in popular movies that are currently in Korean theaters, with Park Seo Joon in “Midnight Runners,” Song Kang Ho in “Taxi Driver,” and Jang Dong Gun in “V.I.P.”

Check out the top 25 of the ranking below:

1. Park Seo Joon
2. Song Kang Ho
3. Jang Dong Gun
4. Song Joong Ki
5. Kang Ha Neul
6. Gong Yoo
7. Ryu Jun Yeol
8. Kim Myung Min
9. Han Ji Min
10. Lee Jong Suk
11. Lee Jung Hyun
12. Kim Nam Gil
13. Yoo Hae Jin
14. Park Hee Soon
15. Lee Byung Hun
16. Hwang Jung Min
17. So Ji Sub
18. Jun Ji Hyun
19. Kim Soo Hyun
20. Lee Jung Jae
21. Kim Yun Seok
22. Go Soo
23. Han Hyo Joo
24. Yeo Jin Goo
25. Im Siwan

Spoiler

Brand-Reputation1.jpg

Source (1) (2)

• Like 2

Waving hi to everyone here... some familiar faces, some new to me... says-hi-smiley-emoticon.gif

@willenette, I love the trailer for "The Tooth and the Nail," as well as all the stills you posted.   Super looking forward to it...
@Myraa, thank you for the article about how Ko Soo got into acting.
@rubie, thank you for the interview,  as well as all the information and stills related to The Fortress, as well as for August Movie Actor brand reputation. The Fortress is going to be another power film...

and on a personal note, Ko Soo and wife are expecting their 3rd child.

Actor Go Soo To Become A Father Of 3
Go-Soo-XPN.jpg

Actor Go Soo and his non-celebrity wife are expecting their third child!

On August 30, a source from his agency BH Entertainment confirmed the news and said, “It is true that Go Soo and his wife are pregnant with their third child. They are expecting their baby in September.”

Go Soo and his wife Kim Hye Yeon, who is 11 years younger than him, got married in 2012 after dating for four years. They gave birth to their first son in 2013 and their daughter in 2015.

The actor is currently promoting his upcoming film “The Fortress” which is scheduled to be released in theatres in September.

Congratulations to Go Soo and his growing family!

source

• Like 3