Ko Soo 고수

Admin

Hi there Willenette, been a long time ,

Good to see you here as always,.

Hi Green Rose, ye, it's quite a long time.....You've been MIA, huh? Busy? Ahhh.........how I missed GS. I wonder  what is he up to at the moment. I guess enjoying being with his family..... I hope we could get to see him on the small screen soon. It's been quite a long while. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Go Soo headlines period murder mystery The Tooth and the Nail

Read more HERE

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this here. Hahaha - can’t wait to see him tap dancing. Ahhh..... it’s been ages since I’ve seen Go Soo in something. I gotta see him in anything. I think it’s a great & interesting movie based from the plot. GS is absolutely a great actor. Can’t wait for this. :P

MORE --

October 8, 2015

Ko Soo readies himself for new flick

08053727.jpg

Actor Ko Soo will appear in the new film “The Tooth and the Nail,” based on the mystery novel of the same name by American author Bill S. Ballinger.

Yoo Born Company, the 38-year-old actor’s agency, said on Wednesday that he recently signed a deal and will play a man who wants to find out the truth behind the death of his fiance.

“Ko is learning Japanese, tap dance and how to play piano for the film,” the agency said in a press release.

Along with Ko, a stellar cast of actors and actresses, including Kim Ju-hyuk of “Beauty Inside” (2015) and Park Sung-woong of “The Shameless” (2015), will star in the film.

Meanwhile, Ko recently finished the film “Lucid Dream,” in which he plays a father searching for his missing son.

Ko married in 2012 and has two children.

By Sung So-young

credit : JoongAngDaily

• Like 2

[Photos] Added first Ko Soo still for the upcoming Korean movie "The Tooth and the Nail"

photo643068.jpg

Added first Ko Soo still for the upcoming Korean movie "The Tooth and the Nail" (2014)

Directed by Jeong Sik

With Ko Soo, Kim Joo-hyeok, Park Seong-woong, Moon Seong-geun, Lim Hwa-yeong,...

Crank in : 2015/10/10
Synopsis
Based on the original from 1955 by Bill Ballinger, about a magician who marries a woman and gets involved with the most unexpected events.

Release date in Korea : 2016

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor...

• 1 month later...

*** Finally............a drama also for him while I guess he's busy at the moment filming the movie. Sigh........it's just that it's a period drama. Well, anything GS in it - call. At least, GS back in action again in the small screen! :P

Go Soo and Jin Se Yeon Take on Lead Roles for New Historical Drama

Go Soo and Jin Se Yeon Take on Lead Roles for New Historical Drama

Go Soo and Jin Se Yeon will be playing the male lead of “Okjoonghwa (working title),” MBC’s follow up drama after “My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol.”

According to several media insiders, Go Soo and Jin Se Yeon will be playing the lead roles. It has been three years since Go Soo’s last drama, SBS’s “Empire of Gold.” Also, it has been two years since Jin Se Yeon’s last drama, “Doctor Stranger” from 2014.

Producer Lee Byung Hoon and screenwriter Choi Wan Kyu, the dream team behind “Heo Joon” (1999) and “Sangdo” (2001), will getting together after 15 years for this drama.

Meanwhile, “Okjoonghwa” tells the story of Oknyeo, a lady who tries to help those who are falsely accused, in the backdrop of the Joseon Dynasty’s lawyer system. Its first episode is planned to air in March.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Netizens discuss: Who is better looking: Won Bin vs Go Soo

ELLE Korea (left)

Korean male actors Won Bin and Go Soo are two of the hottest actors in the country and are highly praised for their extremely handsome looks.

In an “Appearance Battle of the Century: Won Bin vs Go Soo,” the title of the Pann thread posted by a netizen on November 29th, they posted various photos of both actors from graduation photos to their short and long hairstyles photos, asking others which of the two actors was better looking.

Won Bin, who married actress Lee Na Young earlier this year, rose to popularity in 2000 after starring in the drama Autumn In My  Heart. Other films he is known for include Taegukgi, Mother, The Man From Nowhere, and more. He and his wife are expecting their first child, announcing the pregnancy in August 2015.

Go Soo is known for his roles in Piano, The Chaser, Marrying A Millionaire, My Fair Lady, and more. He married his non-celebrity girlfriend Kim Hye Yeon in 2012 and have a son and daughter together.

Find out what Netizens had to say about this article below!

tQXzEfOyT_1448734441_1448734021673492

j9mQt4z68_1448734442_1448734030058040

NETIZEN REACTIONS
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.

[+238, -28] Go Soo. If I was reborn, Go Soo.

[+226, -30] I vote for Go Soo.

[+206, -39] Won Bin’s face

[+74, -1] CG vs Statue

[+71, -2] I noticed how handsome Go Soo was after seeing a photo of him at Yoo Ji Tae’s wedding

Source: Pann / koreaboo

• Like 2

• Guest unfeatured this topic
  • 4 months later...

If Korean idols or actors were cast in 'Batman V. Superman'

The hottest movie that people have been anticipating for a long time now came out recently: 'Batman V. Superman.'  How would the movie be if you switched out the actual cast with a Korean idol version and a Korean actors version?

(skipped unrelated.....)

Go Soo as Clark Kent / Superman

misc_1459799599_e_gosoo_superman.jpg

source : allkpop

• Like 1

What does Go Soo think of being nicknamed after Michelangelo's David?

go-soo_1459896514_af_org.jpg

Now, we all know that Go Soo reins at the top of Korea's male actor visuals list along with Jang Dong Gun, Won Bin, Kang Dong Won, Jo In Sung, and the likes. 

His looks have been praised so high into the mighty heavens, that fans have given him the nickname "Go-vid", combining Go Soo with Michelangelo's famed statue of David. But What does the actor himself think of his extravagant nickname? 

In a recent interview for his upcoming MBC historical drama 'Flower in Prison', Go Soo revealed his thoughts on his own looks, saying, "I've never thought that I was good-looking. I'm just average. And I have no idea where that nickname came from." 

Go Soo, please. We all know... well we all just know. But, thanks for being modest. Be sure to tune in to Go Soo's new historical drama 'Flower in Prison', premiering April 30! 

• Like 2

*** I really don’t dig sageuk dramas but, I’m thankful that they cast GS in this show. Although GS looks better w/ a short/modern cut. Wait – 50EPs? And Go Soo with facial hair? Well, I hope this is good & promising because I don’t want to make my judgement for a drama that hasn’t started yet. We all have our opinions, anyway. What I know is I’m super interested in this project mainly for GS. I will give this drama a shot, just to see him. I just hope that this drama has a good story and will be a hit! Can’t wait for this drama.:P

Costumed and hairstyled for MBC’s sageuk Flower in Prison

okjoonghwa_2.jpg

okjoonghwa_3.jpg

okjoonghwa_4.jpg

Spoiler

okjoonghwa_5.jpg

okjoonghwa_6.jpg

okjoonghwa_7.jpg

okjoonghwa_21.jpg

okjoonghwa_28.jpg

Spoiler

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/04/costumed-and-hairstyled-for-mbcs-sageuk-flower-in-prison/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

[EYE CANDY] Blood Type A: the loyal lads (Part Two)

Guise, there are a ton of blood type A's like you wouldn't believe!  So to pay as much homage as possible to these intellectual, sensitive, reserved souls, there's two parts compiled of gorgeous eye candy to grace your eyes.  Here's part two for men! Check out part one here.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Go Soo

misc_1461095589_go_soo.jpg

• Like 1

10 Youthful Stars Whose Age Will Surprise You

To celebrities, image could possibly be the single most important feature about them that gives them a competitive edge. So it should come as no surprise that many celebrities of all ages put so much money into taking care of their image – especially in a country as particular about skin-care as Korea.

Even among celebrities, however, there are those lucky few who never seem to look any older, no matter how much time passes. Here are ten celebrities whose youthful looks defy their age (all ages are by Western reckoning).

(skipped unrelated.....)

4. Go Soo (37)

go soo

Go Soo continues to defy his age, having been born in 1978. One of his more recent films, “The Royal Tailor,” won several prestigious awards in 2015.

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

Steal cuts of Go Soo & Jung Da Bin from 'The Prison In Flower' unleashed

Steal cuts of Go Soo and Jung Da Bin from drama 'The Flower In Prison' have been revealed.

On April 27th, production team of new MBC TV series 'The Flower in Prison' released steal cuts of Go Soo (playing as Yoon Tae Won) and Jung Da Bin (playing as young Ok Nyeo).

In one of the steal cuts, Go Soo has his hands tied with chains, but he looks surprisingly relaxed even though he seems to be in a big trouble. He is staring at Jung Da Bin with a bright smile on his face, and many drama fans are showing huge curiosity about the situation.

Another steal cut shows Go Soo having another secret meeting with Jung Da Bin, and Go Soo is giving Jung Da Bin a secret request. The two are whispering at each other, and fans and netizens' anticipation for their first collaboration is now reaching the peak.

The steal cuts were taken during a shoot that was held at Dae Jang Geum Theme Park, which is located in Yong-in, Gyeong-gi Province, and Go Soo and Jung Da Bin filmed a scene that will show Tae Won and Ok Nyeo's first encounter.

It is said that Go Soo showed great solicitude for Jung Da Bin during the entire shoot, and showed fabulous teamwork with her.

Meanwhile, 'The Flower in Prison' premiere on April 30th at 10 PM.

Steal cuts of Go Soo & Jung Da Bin from 'The Prison In Flower' unleashed

/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

• Like 2

‘The Flower in Prison’ Casts Cheer for the Best

zqgzeh93k1s6mxm8w2r4rdn7wltuat11.jpg
[by Woorim Ahn, photo by Baek Soo Yeon] MBC drama ‘The Flower in Prison’ held its production conference at MBC hall in Mapo-gu, Seoul on April 27.

‘The Flower in Prison’ draws a story of genius girl Oknyeo, who was born in prison and mysterious guy Yoon Tae Won. Go Soo, Jin Se Yeon, Choi Tae Jun, Kim Su Yeon, Jun Kwang Ryul, Jung Junho, Park Jumi and others feature in it.

Meanwhile, ‘The Flower in Prison’ will air its first episode in April. (photo by bntnews DB)

• Like 1

Long sageuk ‘Flower in Prison’ to start this weekend on MBC

fop

When the two words sageuk and long are written together, it’s sure as gravity that my interest will be equal to zero. LOL. Of course my excitement can increase if the show has actors that I love or for the plot that is exciting. Anyway, MBC is bringing a 50 episode sageuk in its weekend slot, an unusual schedule as it usually keeps these period dramas for Mondays and Tuesdays. The title is Flower In Prison and it stars Go Soo (Empire Of Gold) and Jin Se Yeon (Doctor Stranger) in the lead roles. Jin Se Yeon plays the titular flower in prison aka a woman who is born and raised in prison and later she becomes an advocate for the poor and unaware common men through her skills and wisdom. Go Soo plays a bandit who later turns into another advocate for the weaker section of society. I do like Jung Jun Ho a lot (after his amazing turn in Last Scandal) and he plays an ambitious man while Kim Mi Sook (City Hunter) plays the queen, who is also the villain in this drama.

Flower In Prison boasts impressive writer and PD. The screenwriter has written shows like All In, IRIS, Love Story In Harvard, Gourmet, Midas, Lights And Shadows, Gu Am Heo Joon and Triangle while the PD has helmed sageuks like Horse Doctor, Dong Yi and Dae Jung Geum. It arrives this Saturday on 30 April on MBC and follows mini-series Marriage Contract.

fip

fop0 fop1 fop2 fop (2)

source : https://thedramacorner.wordpress.com/2016/04/28/long-sageuk-flower-in-prison-to-start-this-weekend-on-mbc/

• Like 2

*** Wow, this is a "strong" start. :P

Go Soo And Jin Se Yeon’s New Drama “The Flower In Prison” Starts With Impressive Ratings

Go Soo And Jin Se Yeon’s New Drama “The Flower In Prison” Starts With Impressive Ratings

MBC’s new weekend drama “The Flower in Prison,” starring Go Soo and Jin Se Yeon, has shown impressive ratings.

According to viewer ratings research company, Nielsen Korea, “The Flower in Prison” had a very smooth start, recording ratings of 17.3 percent for its first episode.

Programs in the similar time frame, KBS2′s “Five Children” and SBS’s “Mrs. Cop 2,” each recorded 22.5 percent and 9.2 percent respectively.

“The Flower in Prison” is the first project in 15 years for producer Lee Byung Hoon and screenwriter Choi Wan Kyu, the dream team behind “Heo Joon” (1999) and “Sangdo” (2001).

Since the airing of its first episode, viewers responded by saying, “another masterpiece” and, “as expected of Lee Byung Hoon.”

Meanwhile, “The Flower in Prison” is a historical drama that tells the story of Ok Nyeo (played by Jin Se Yeon), who was born in a prison, the protagonist who works to help the people who are wrongly accused in the setting of the Joseon Dynasty’s lawyer system.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 25–May 1, 2016

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-25-may-1-2016/

dramaratings_2.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Over on the weekend, Flower in Prison premiered to a very strong start, and at 17.3% for only its first episode, seems poised to rival current juggernaut Five Kids. I’ll be interested to see if it does—the premise is an interesting one, the director is much-beloved, and Go Soo is an absolute powerhouse. Maybe his costar will even be up to par. (Or is that too optimistic?)

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 25–May 1, 2016

Saturday, Apr. 30      
Five Kids 21 KBS 22.5%
All’s Well With a Happy Home 19 MBC 15.2%
Flower in Prison 1 MBC 17.3%
Mrs. Cop 2 17 SBS 9.2%
Yes, That’s How It Is 23 SBS 8.8%
Ms. Temper and Nam Jung-ki 14 JTBC 2.7%
Memory 14 tvN 2.8%
Sunday, May 1      
Five Kids 22 KBS 26.9%
All’s Well With a Happy Home 20 MBC 16.3%