Ask The Ladies - Read First Post

Admin

Guest motherducker

would you date a boring person like me?

:)

Depends on how you would describe as boring. To me, a boring person is someone who has no interests or hobbies, and has no quirks in their personality. So unless all you do is sit around and stare blankly at the wall, yeah, I would date you. But there has to be other factors well such as common interests.

What do you expect the most from a man in a relationship? Pretty Open Question.

:)

Hmmm, I think the most I would want from a guy is respect. Respect and understanding of my beliefs, interests and life choices.

@severus If your beau told you on Saturday night, "I'm going out.  I'll be back when I'm back."  You'd be like "coool"?  
I find that hard to believe for any girl dating a guy she liked (meaning he's not a 2 week rebound).  And if she texts him while he's out and she doen't get a reply the entire time he's out...
c70.jpg

speedredefined said: @atarie  I go out to the bar with my old college friend, and every time we're out without his wife (by her own choice), she makes him come back at an exact time.  For instance, last time, he told her he'd be back at 11:30.  And then he texted her that he was staying an extra hour.  Then she whined to him that he promised he'd be back at 11:30.  And they always do this, it's so annoying I've stopped hanging out with him for the most part.  
The sad part is, it's not like he has a job and has work the next day, or she has a job and has to get up early so doesn't want to be woken up in the middle of the night by him coming home.  I would understand if she was like, "Hey I have an early meeting tomorrow morning, I don't want you stumbling in drunk and waking me."  Or, "Hey, don't stay out that late you have work tomorrow control yourself."  But, they're both perennially unemployed, with nothing to do the next day. 
I actually lost patience last time and was just straight up like, "Dude, adult relationships don't work this way.  She's not acting like an adult.  You're married now.  Time for you two to grow up."  
I agree with telling the significant other where you're at, and what you're doing on a weeknight or something.  But when she's controlling your whereabouts and when you come back for no logical reason, then that's just annoying.  Small line, big difference.   

Guest severus

@speedredefined

"Have fun!" and I'll see him when I see him. Some guys like to send a bunch of texts throughout the night with either funny stories of what just happened/ random crap... And it's like come on get off your phone and go do dumb things with your bros.

A friend of mine has been asking me to cook for her for a while. I said I would cook for her if she could won 1st in one of the poker nights. She won the day after.

So, I'm making some homemade miso ramen from scratch. Do you think it would be weird to invite one of our mutual friends over as well? I just want to be chummy with her, that's all.

MrPower said: A friend of mine has been asking me to cook for her for a while. I said I would cook for her if she could won 1st in one of the poker nights. She won the day after.

So, I'm making some homemade miso ramen from scratch. Do you think it would be weird to invite one of our mutual friends over as well? I just want to be chummy with her, that's all.

@deejays - you may consider yourself to be boring but the people around you might see you in a different light. one would have to get to know you and then decide for themselves if you are boring or not and then take things from there. by saying that you are boring you are already planting a negative seed in peoples heads and it could be difficult to break out of it. don't put yourself down.
@m.e - love and respect and the glue that binds people together, no relationship can survive without those.
@mr power - wouldn't change a thing, i believe that its their experiences that shape who they are and somethings are unavoidable. the best thing to do would be to inspire growth in a person well that is how it should be in a relationship. you do not change a person but grow with them, we are constantly evolving, make sure its for the better and not the worst.

Guest DeejayS

ok let me elaborate :) i just posted something to see if someone will really answer lol :)
what would you choose boring/quiet type (me)= i'd rather spend some time alone,i don't like crowded places... mostly because i'm shy around people...don't get me wrong i've dated and had quite a few GF's  and most of my relationships last for like 3 yrs in minimum :). i'd rather spend some time or quality time with significant other, just the two of us than partying or going out with aLOT of friends,  i hate fights by the way, so i'll fix it early.
but here's my dilemma... i got dumped or cheated by my EXes to a totaly different person like me, party guy, love to drink(alcohol), like to flirt with alot of girls.going out at staying all night out... so they fight alot ( i happen to heard news about my Exes)
so my conclusion is girls like "bad" guys more than "good" guys... mostly bec. there's no fun or thrill in dating "good" guys :) 
is this true? :)

Guest writerstale

MrPower said: A friend of mine has been asking me to cook for her for a while. I said I would cook for her if she could won 1st in one of the poker nights. She won the day after.

@DeejayS - yeah I'd date a guy like you. Bad boys may seem more exciting but those relationships don't usually last and are emotionally draining. In my opinion bad boys are for drama queens.

Bottom line - not true!

Guest pasdechat

DeejayS said: ok let me elaborate :) i just posted something to see if someone will really answer lol :)
what would you choose boring/quiet type (me)= i'd rather spend some time alone,i don't like crowded places... mostly because i'm shy around people...don't get me wrong i've dated and had quite a few GF's  and most of my relationships last for like 3 yrs in minimum :). i'd rather spend some time or quality time with significant other, just the two of us than partying or going out with aLOT of friends,  i hate fights by the way, so i'll fix it early.
but here's my dilemma... i got dumped or cheated by my EXes to a totaly different person like me, party guy, love to drink(alcohol), like to flirt with alot of girls.going out at staying all night out... so they fight alot ( i happen to heard news about my Exes)
so my conclusion is girls like "bad" guys more than "good" guys... mostly bec. there's no fun or thrill in dating "good" guys :) 
is this true? :)