Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest drella;

are the e200 sandisks really good? cuz i read that the front cover cracks really easily and that sometimes it wouldn't turn on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NASRI22

um u dont know what ur talking about...

sandisk's new sansas are amazing. cnet.com gave it a 8+ rating... which is pretty damn good for its low price and it being a flash player.

april 18th of 2006...

well before the sandisk range was common over here in aus.

and it's still not that common over here.

also.. cnet give the samsung yp-t8z (same price and features as the sandisk) a 8 aswell. it's also an editors choice. and of course it's a flash based player.

EDIT: i was referring to a low end $50-$100AUD sandisk mp3player you find at BigW or something. not the E100/E200 range.

are the e200 sandisks really good? cuz i read that the front cover cracks really easily and that sometimes it wouldn't turn on.

i believe the new range of sandisks are well worth it but you should really look at whatelse other manafacturers have to offer.

visit www.anythingbutipod.com/forum for more info.

Guest lazibratt

Guys! I need help!

I just bought a creative zen nano plus. I love the freebies they give. BUT is there anyway to organize the files? so I don't have to go through every single one to find the song I want? I like it how the ipod has folders for each artist/music/ whatever. I know there's a Creative Mediasource Organizer but I don't know how to use it. I made a new folder but I can't drag any songs in it. Help?!

Guest atalamarche10

The Sandisk Sansa e260

sansa-e200-729886.jpg

The specs:

Width: 1.73"

Height: 3.5"

Thickness: 0.49"

Features: FM radio, voice recording, video and picture viewing, an iPod-esque scrolling wheel (yayy) and a stunning looking interface.

HD size: 4 gbs, just about enough for my needs. Those who would like more memory space, there is a "microSD expansion slot for additional memory capacity and Sandisk TrustedFlash and gruvi content cards." (from the box)

Battery/battery life: rechargeable Lithium Ion battery. 20 hours

Transfer medium: USB 2.0 transfer cable.

Price: I got mine from Office Depot for 175.99. With a 30 dollars rebate it comes down to 145.99 plus tax.

Claims to be up to 20 hours, other review sources varies from 35-64 hours to play MP3 and 60-120 for WMA. Since I just got it yesterday I have yet to fully test out its battery life. The cool thing about this is the battery is replaceable. Since rechargeable batteries can only have a limited amount of charging with every charge the energy storage decreases, this option will allow you to get a new battery should the capacity storage of the battery dwindles significantly over time.

To transfer files, just drag and drop for MP3 files or you can have the Windows Media Player synchronize your music files for you. I find the synch process to be too much of a hassle so I didn't go through with it. For pictures and videos, there is an installation CD that will convert the files and then auto import to the Mp3 player. It takes about 2 minutes to convert and transfer a 5 minute video. I have to say, the picture quality is pretty good for a measly 1.8" screen, as is the sound.

A lot of people have gripes with the scrolling wheel, I didnt understand why until I got it. The wheel rises just a bit above the buttons making it somewhat hard to press the bottons so I kind of have to situate my thumb a little to do it. A small draw back for otherwise a very fine mp3 player.

The FM radio has three region settings: USA, Japan, and World. I tested the Japan setting and got nothing, I supposed you have to be in Japan to get signals. The USA setting allows me to listen to local stations, in my case, it's around the Bay Area. The cool thing about this is that I can also record the songs from the radio using the record feature. Because I have to press the FF and RW buttons to surf the stations this becomes a hassle for me since the scrolling wheel is in the way. I do wish they Sandisk would also have the AM radio option because I like to listen to the news. Not sure why they don't have it.

The sound quality is good, not really outstanding, but good. I'm not particularly fond of the earphone that comes with the mp3 player because it causes discomfort if I wear too long so I'll be getting a new one.

Over all this is a very good Mp3 player despite some small set back such as the dominating scrolling wheel and the slow response time, it's still worth every penny. If any one wants an mp3 player and doesn't need a lot of storage space, I highly recommend this over any iPod.

Score: 8.5/10

what??

it's 250 on the office depot site

http://www.officedepot.com/textSearch.do;j...Ntt=mp3+players

did you get it from the store..?

Guest BoSoxdirtdog

what??

it's 250 on the office depot site

http://www.officedepot.com/textSearch.do;j...Ntt=mp3+players

did you get it from the store..?

I bought the E200 series (2GB version). It was great for about 2 weeks. Just as I was leaving my office during lunch break to buy a case for it, the player just wouldn't turn on at all. It wasn't even a firmware issue, it just wouldn't respond to any of the buttons. Luckily I was still covered under the Amazon return policy. I would wait till they release another wave of these players so they can fix the glitches in the mean time.

Guest effudee

I personally don't like the e260. I bought it and returned it. The buttons are kind fo hard to press, the wheel feels cheap, the blue light is annoying, the sound quality was mediocre, and you can't even use the player when it's charging, the video playback isn't that great and the fm radio hardly gets reception. I think I might just be too used to the ipod nano.

Guest NASRI22

I personally don't like the e260. I bought it and returned it. The buttons are kind fo hard to press, the wheel feels cheap, the blue light is annoying, the sound quality was mediocre, and you can't even use the player when it's charging, the video playback isn't that great and the fm radio hardly gets reception. I think I might just be too used to the ipod nano.

i believe you are too used to the standard options with the nano.. such as no radio tuner.. ahaha.

the sandisk e series arnt famous for sound quality.. however the Samsung YP-T8's are =D. i noticed a difference of clarity and bass between my mates e200 and my T8/D1.

Guest ANYOTHERDAY

I just got my iRiver Clix recently, sorry i dont have any pictures at the moment to show you, because i dropped my digicam.. and yeah >>"

ITS AWSOUME. I'm in love with it. The sound quality is really good, My brother has the ipod nano, and i listened to the same song on both players, and i found the sound quality on the iriever was alot better.

I was kinda iffy about the whole 15fps when it came with vide, but after putting animes and live action series, its nopthing i expected, it played smoothly without slowing down :D

The battery life is amazing good as well, since screens are supposed to drain the battery, i used teh player all day, when i went out, and when i got home, the batter still had two bars left. I havnt tried watching alot of videos on the mp3 to see how the battery life is, but iriver claims to be 5 hours, which isnt to bad.

After using it contuniously for the past week, must i say, i havnt had a single scratch on it, screen or back. I even dropped it yesturday =="

My only nitpick, is that it is a FINGERPRINT MAGNET =="

I love it though, alot of people on the train were looking at it, and i could hear them talking about the iriver and wanting it hehe :D

Guest NASRI22

I just got my iRiver Clix recently, sorry i dont have any pictures at the moment to show you, because i dropped my digicam.. and yeah >>"

ITS AWSOUME. I'm in love with it. The sound quality is really good, My brother has the ipod nano, and i listened to the same song on both players, and i found the sound quality on the iriever was alot better.

I was kinda iffy about the whole 15fps when it came with vide, but after putting animes and live action series, its nopthing i expected, it played smoothly without slowing down :D

The battery life is amazing good as well, since screens are supposed to drain the battery, i used teh player all day, when i went out, and when i got home, the batter still had two bars left. I havnt tried watching alot of videos on the mp3 to see how the battery life is, but iriver claims to be 5 hours, which isnt to bad.

After using it contuniously for the past week, must i say, i havnt had a single scratch on it, screen or back. I even dropped it yesturday =="

My only nitpick, is that it is a FINGERPRINT MAGNET =="

I love it though, alot of people on the train were looking at it, and i could hear them talking about the iriver and wanting it hehe :D

i'm guessing they should release a completely white clix.. so no fingerprints are visible =D. my /white YP-D1Z has 0.0000% finger prints visible. also it's indeed VERY scratch resistant!.. beat that ipod nano's!

Guest x kisekiboshi

I have a 3rd Generation iPod

nwtipb3g220x3501sk.gif

Woo! My iPod sucks. xD Like I swear the battery life on mine is only like 4 hours. o_o;; Meh, I think my next mp3 player will be a cowon or iriver.

Total output power 60 mW

Flash memory installed 15 GB

Digital storage Built-in 15 GB Hard disk drive

Weight 5.6 oz

Dimensions (W x D x H) 2.4 in x 0.6 in x 4.1 in

Color White

Resolution 160 x 128

Extras:Built in Timer, Alarm, Games

Digital audio standards supported MP3, WAV, AAC

Mfr estimated battery life 8 hour(s)

Recharge time 3 hour(s)

Guest atalamarche10

what does it mean when they say you have to charge via USB ?

so you plug it in your computer while it's running to let it charge?

for the sandisks?

Guest effudee

what does it mean when they say you have to charge via USB ?

so you plug it in your computer while it's running to let it charge?

for the sandisks?

yea, basically.

A lot of modern computers, esp with USB 2.0 will always have power coming from the USB ports. I just plug my zen into my usb port when my comptuer is off to charge most of the time. I do have those USB charger things though but the front usb ports work fine for most modern computers.

Guest NASRI22

A lot of modern computers, esp with USB 2.0 will always have power coming from the USB ports. I just plug my zen into my usb port when my comptuer is off to charge most of the time. I do have those USB charger things though but the front usb ports work fine for most modern computers.

strange.. i thought 5v trhrough USB was only active when the computer is on. i tried it on my A64 pc.. nothign happened.. i know PS2 is always on but Usb isnt.

Guest atalamarche10

i have a question,

the creative nano plus and the muvo,

do they both shuffle songs or can you pick?

(i've done some research but havent found the answer)

Guest yansi

does anyone know where i can buy the zen vision in toronto? i tried amazon, but they don't ship to canada T_T i want the pink one :(

I just bought the sansa e260 charged it and put some music on it played a few songs on it turned it off and it did not turn on so i am going to return it, also it would not play korean or japanese chatracters music gonna return it see my post here http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69379

The player got good reviews but i can't live without listening to lee hung hyun, baby VOX or suzuki ami

Guest kevjc07

Hey guys. I just bought a Creative Zen Vision M and was wondering something. Is it supposed to come with a battery charger? I read some reviews for it and it seems like it does come with one, but I'm not sure. THe one I bought didn't come with one, so I need to make sure. I'll try to post a review on this player once I have actually used it and uploaded stuff on it.

Guest NASRI22

Hey guys. I just bought a Creative Zen Vision M and was wondering something. Is it supposed to come with a battery charger? I read some reviews for it and it seems like it does come with one, but I'm not sure. THe one I bought didn't come with one, so I need to make sure. I'll try to post a review on this player once I have actually used it and uploaded stuff on it.

if it didnt come with a charger then take it back Immediately.. becuasae its missing something.. how the hell are you supposed to charge it???

Archived