Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chibifry

I was just wondering.. for those who ordered the zen vision:m from the official site, how long did the processing/ground shipping time take?

it was actually faster than I had expected.. around 5 days?

can someone recommend me a nice player?

i want a portable video player like ipod video, that plays music and video basically.

i actually intended to get ipod video but oh well,

i heard bad reviews and it's like, aw, too much to spend on that little thing.

anymore?

i've seen creative vision:m and iriver U10, anymore to recommend?

the battery life must be long and at least 2GB memory.

Creative Vision:M. Battery life depends on how much you use your player (videos take more battery, higher brightness takes more battery) but generally is great.

Vision:M is 30 GB.. at least 2.. lol definately.

It might be "expensive" but its "expensive" because ITS WORTH IT! The screen is beautiful, the player itself is so cute (i have the pink one) the battery life is longer than the ipod video, it has 260,000 colors + compared to ipod video's measly like, what is it.. 60,000 colors? its pathetic! Theres sooo many features, recording, fm radio, microphone etc etc

Guest hunny

^ yea! i was intending to buy that.

But i'm comparing it to

-Iriver U10

one con for vision:M is its thickness! ARG!

And i heard that it buffers alot?!

Guest kenn

could someone recommend me an mp3 player

that uses like an AA battery OR AAA battery

i don`t like that new sandisk mp3 player that uses a AAA battery

sandisk does not seem like a trusted mp3 brand

Guest n4n45h1

actually sandisk mp3 players have really nic quality

as long as you dont do something stupid like..fall on it bmxing like my friend x____x

Guest NASRI22

could someone recommend me an mp3 player

that uses like an AA battery OR AAA battery

i don`t like that new sandisk mp3 player that uses a AAA battery

sandisk does not seem like a trusted mp3 brand

well sandisk have just started to make a name for themselves in the mp3player range. =). the new series are pretty good... anything low end to me is just the same crap. i'd get a Zen Nano. they are fair small and use AAA batteries iirc.

Guest miranduh

i changed my player to not play random and it lasts two days

which i use at school (and i use lock) which turns off the screen

taking the bus 45 minutes

photography class an hour and twenty minutes

lunch another hour and twenty minutes

afterschool 45minutes

approx 4 hours x 2 = 8hours

and then some random play here and there..so yeah pretty good =T

and that buffer...not really to start a video that works takes around 10 seconds

startup of the zen varies..usually 5-25seconds

Guest lazibratt

Thanks for answering =)

What's the difference between the Zen Nano Plus and the Muvo TX FM? I don't know which one to get.

Also for the nano plus, I want the light blue one but I'm scared that when I buy it from the website, the blue will look all ugly. How it looks on the website is how it looks in real life?

Guest NASRI22

Thanks for answering =)

What's the difference between the Zen Nano Plus and the Muvo TX FM? I don't know which one to get.

Also for the nano plus, I want the light blue one but I'm scared that when I buy it from the website, the blue will look all ugly. How it looks on the website is how it looks in real life?

the zen nano plus is a little thinner and requires a usb cable. the tx fm has a removable battery pack. so you can use it as a small flash drive

Guest Tr710

My brother just ordered me a Sansa e260 it should arrive in a day or two. I read some really good reviews about it which makes me so excited to have it. If any one is interested in buying it for a discount price, here's the link. http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/619891

I'll post a review in a few days.

Guest Rainie

I'm still deciding between a couple mp3 players, so here's are the ones that I've picked...

H10-20GB-gray-angle.jpg

H10 20 GB Grey/Blue

Price: $199.99 CAD

On sale at Best Buy right now

A really good deal since it's $100 CAD off

• Plays up to 600 hours of music

• 20GB of internal storage

• vivid color display

• View JPG or BMP images

• Supports MP3, WMA and ASF

music files

• Ultra-fast USB 2.0 transfers

• integrated FM tuner

heroshot_ipod_black.jpg

Apple 30GB Video Ipod

Price: $349.99 CAD

Ports: Dock Connector, Stereo Minijack, Composite Video And Audio Through Minijack

Documentation And Support: Electronic Features Guide And Printed Quick Start Guide

Windows Requirement And Support: USB Ports, Windows 2000 With Service Pack 4 Or later, Or Windows XP Home Or Professional with Service Pack 2 Or Later

Video Support: H.264 Video: Up To 768 Kbps, 320 x 240, 30 Frames Per Sec., Baseline Profile Up To Level 1.3 With AAC-LC Up To 160 Kbps, 48 KHz, Stereo Audio In .M4V, .MP4, And .Mov File Formats

MPEG-4 Video: Up To 2.5 Mbps, 480 x 480, 30 Frames Per Sec., Simple Profile With AAC-LC Up To 160 Kbps, 48KHz, Stereo Audio In .M4V, .MP4, And .Mov File Formats

10069687.jpg

Philips 6GB Jukebox

Price: $249.99 CAD

SuperScroll Navigation

Enjoy MP3 and WMA music plus FM tuner.

Control playback while browsing your music and photo library.

Picture viewing on 2" 65 colour TFT screen.

PlayForSure with Windows XP only.

ID3 Tag Display: Album Title, Genre Title, Track Title, Artist Name

Included In Box: AC/DC Adapter/Charger, CD-ROM With Installer, PC Software, Headphones, Pouch, USB Cable, User Guide, Warranty Card

10072354.jpg

10072351.jpg

Samsung 30GB MP3 Player (YH-J70JL)

Price: $369.99 CAD

Playback Speed Control Function

Various Games Support

View JPEG images or text files and playback in slide show format.

Connect your digital devices to transfer sound and image data without a PC.

Included In Box: Earphones, Line-In Cable, USB Cable, USB Host Adaptor, Installation CD, Charger, User Manuals

Media Compatibility: MPEG4, MP3, WMA, WAV, Audio ASF, JPEG, Ogg, Text file

Playback Speed Control Function

Various Games Support

View JPEG images or text files and playback in slide show format.

Connect your digital devices to transfer sound and image data without a PC.

Included In Box: Earphones, Line-In Cable, USB Cable, USB Host Adaptor, Installation CD, Charger, User Manuals

Media Compatibility: MPEG4, MP3, WMA, WAV, Audio ASF, JPEG, Ogg, Text file

10069024.jpg

10069023.jpg

Sony 6GB MP3 Player (NWA-1000)

Price: $219.00 CAD

Automatically selects the most listened to 100 songs and plays them at random.

Time Machine Shuffle: Randomly selects a year and plays all of the songs from that particular year that are currently held on the device.

1.5" Organic EL Display

Included In Box: Unit, Headphones, Headphone Extension Cord, AC Power Adapter, AC Cord, USB Cable, CONNECT Player CD-ROM, Quick Start Guide, Warranty Card

I'm considering price, sound quality, convenient uploading etc. and other qualities. The appearance plays a small part...but I don't really care that much.

Guest NASRI22

^ well if you want more space and listen to a lot of songs then your choice is between the H10 20gb and the ipod video.. but then if you want to watch videos then the ipod wouldnt be a good choice.. only 2hours of battery life is shocking.... have you considered the Creative Zen- vision:m 30gb??? it's slightly more expensive than the ipod 30gb video but has a lot more better battery life.. well worth it imo. and it's got UMS support with music AND videos!

Guest vannushka

do you guys know the price of the U10? I just got one on ebay (i dont even really want it) but i couldn't find the price of it.

Guest Rainie

^ well if you want more space and listen to a lot of songs then your choice is between the H10 20gb and the ipod video.. but then if you want to watch videos then the ipod wouldnt be a good choice.. only 2hours of battery life is shocking.... have you considered the Creative Zen- vision:m 30gb??? it's slightly more expensive than the ipod 30gb video but has a lot more better battery life.. well worth it imo. and it's got UMS support with music AND videos!

Yeah, but I like the Samsung a lot...does anybody own this one? Any other recommendations? H10 sounds pretty good too...but I have a hard time choosing...but then again it is $199.99 compared to $369.99...not really worth the 10 GBs difference...

Guest Tr710

The Sandisk Sansa e260

sansa-e200-729886.jpg

The specs:

Width: 1.73"

Height: 3.5"

Thickness: 0.49"

Features: FM radio, voice recording, video and picture viewing, an iPod-esque scrolling wheel (yayy) and a stunning looking interface.

HD size: 4 gbs, just about enough for my needs. Those who would like more memory space, there is a "microSD expansion slot for additional memory capacity and Sandisk TrustedFlash and gruvi content cards." (from the box)

Battery/battery life: rechargeable Lithium Ion battery. 20 hours

Transfer medium: USB 2.0 transfer cable.

Price: I got mine from Office Depot for 175.99. With a 30 dollars rebate it comes down to 145.99 plus tax.

Claims to be up to 20 hours, other review sources varies from 35-64 hours to play MP3 and 60-120 for WMA. Since I just got it yesterday I have yet to fully test out its battery life. The cool thing about this is the battery is replaceable. Since rechargeable batteries can only have a limited amount of charging with every charge the energy storage decreases, this option will allow you to get a new battery should the capacity storage of the battery dwindles significantly over time.

To transfer files, just drag and drop for MP3 files or you can have the Windows Media Player synchronize your music files for you. I find the synch process to be too much of a hassle so I didn't go through with it. For pictures and videos, there is an installation CD that will convert the files and then auto import to the Mp3 player. It takes about 2 minutes to convert and transfer a 5 minute video. I have to say, the picture quality is pretty good for a measly 1.8" screen, as is the sound.

A lot of people have gripes with the scrolling wheel, I didnt understand why until I got it. The wheel rises just a bit above the buttons making it somewhat hard to press the bottons so I kind of have to situate my thumb a little to do it. A small draw back for otherwise a very fine mp3 player.

The FM radio has three region settings: USA, Japan, and World. I tested the Japan setting and got nothing, I supposed you have to be in Japan to get signals. The USA setting allows me to listen to local stations, in my case, it's around the Bay Area. The cool thing about this is that I can also record the songs from the radio using the record feature. Because I have to press the FF and RW buttons to surf the stations this becomes a hassle for me since the scrolling wheel is in the way. I do wish they Sandisk would also have the AM radio option because I like to listen to the news. Not sure why they don't have it.

The sound quality is good, not really outstanding, but good. I'm not particularly fond of the earphone that comes with the mp3 player because it causes discomfort if I wear too long so I'll be getting a new one.

Over all this is a very good Mp3 player despite some small set back such as the dominating scrolling wheel and the slow response time, it's still worth every penny. If any one wants an mp3 player and doesn't need a lot of storage space, I highly recommend this over any iPod.

Score: 8.5/10

Guest missmilk

creative_zenmicro_black.jpg

Creative Zen Micro 5GB

I have the exact player but in RED,

im selling it btw.. if anyone is interested please PM me or make a post in the thread

the link is in my siggie. I'm planning to get the Creative Zen Vision:M in Pink

lol yup, i like it BIG and chunky.

Sales price for the Zen Micro is neg.

Guest animagelet

aww i got my zen vision:m. it's gorgeoussss. very thick but the clicky sounds are so cute and the color quality is awesome. =]

it was actually faster than I had expected.. around 5 days?

Creative Vision:M. Battery life depends on how much you use your player (videos take more battery, higher brightness takes more battery) but generally is great.

Vision:M is 30 GB.. at least 2.. lol definately.

It might be "expensive" but its "expensive" because ITS WORTH IT! The screen is beautiful, the player itself is so cute (i have the pink one) the battery life is longer than the ipod video, it has 260,000 colors + compared to ipod video's measly like, what is it.. 60,000 colors? its pathetic! Theres sooo many features, recording, fm radio, microphone etc etc

i totally agree with you!

i bought one 3 weeks ago and i still love it !

things that an ipod dosent have and a creative zen vision:m has

1. more battery life ( i used my sisters ipod video to watch a anime ep and 1/3 of the battery was gone after watching lyk 3 minutes the zen vision:m after watching 23 min anime ep the battery was still full!!)

2. smaller then an ipod video in height

3. fm radio

4. fm radio recorder or only voice recorder

5. get to choose ur own wallpaper !!!

6. different color themes

7. supports divx and xvid (for ipods u need to convert the video but for zen vision:m most the time you dont even need to convert or resize the video!)

8. supports more types of picture files

9. if your player freezes there is a reset button and when u reset u wil lose none of your files (my sisters ipod screen froze and she couldnt fix it she had to wait until the battery ran out to use it again which is pretty long lol)

10. easier touch pad instead of clicking a button to select everytime u want to select something after scrolling all u need to do is touch the touch it again and it selects :D

the only thing the creative zen vision dosent have is games but theres no point in having games in an music/video player -_-

Guest GO!zilla

sandisk are NOT knwon to make mp3players. if you intend to buy a mp3 player. go for a good brand like samsung, creative, iriver or even apple....

um u dont know what ur talking about...

sandisk's new sansas are amazing. cnet.com gave it a 8+ rating... which is pretty damn good for its low price and it being a flash player.

Archived