Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun

Guest mylovelyfamily

also, is what yled said about "breaking dawn" true? because i'm totally interested in that book, if its in edwards point of view.

stephenie meyer would like to publish the book but it depends on her publishers. if they don't want to do it, then she'll just post it up on her website. i don't see why they wouldn't want to publish it...they should know how much the girls love edward cullen.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE HER SERIES!

I love Bella's relationship with Edward. I'm looking forward to Eclipse.

I can't wait till it comes on next month!!

I actually didn't mind New Moon. I kinda get to understand Bella's love for Edward more. It's so deep. But Bella really need to be stronger. Mentally, she's so weak/vulnerable. so dependent on Edward.

I feel very bad for Jacob too, but that's just what makes the story more interesting. Jacob's a nice guy, but he need to see that Bella doesn't like him That way. argh, its so frutstrating. I was so scare that he would do something to Edward in New Moon.

I really hope Bella and Edward will stay together forever.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xvampireknight

I seriously cannot wait till Eclipse comes out in August~ New Moon made me angry since there wasn't much Edward/Bella moments.

OMG I loved Twilight. But NewMoon, I got NOT half way and I stopped reading and just left it on my shelf

because it wasn't that interesting without Edward in it T____T

haha, I wrote a fanfic Midnight's Secrets before I read Twilight but then I quit since

I didnt have inspiration. But after I read Twilight, my inspiration came back

Guest ImSmiley

^^ Where did you order it from?

i wanted to order mines but then i just drove down

to the bookstore and bought myself a copy. :D i'm

planning to do the same thing with Eclipse when it

comes out in 20 more days. hopefully it doesn't run out on me.

edit

i didn't know Stephenie had been posting quote.

***Eclipse Quote of the Day*** (7/17/07)

“I think I might have been wrong before, you know, about not being able to be friends. Maybe we could manage it, on my side of the line. Come see me.” — Jacob Black

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/news.html

^i was so happy to find out she was putting quotes up =) i actually found ppl even happier than i was about the quotes so i'll put them all up in case anyone missed any or wants to see them

(7/1/07): “And speaking of Italy and sports cars that I stole there, you still owe me a yellow Porsche.” — Alice Cullen

(7/2/07): “I prefer brunettes.” — Edward Cullen

(7/3/07): “We’re a bit sensitive to blood around here. I’m sure you can understand that.” — Bella Swan

(7/4/07): “There’s something…strange about the way you two are together… The way he watches you—it’s so…protective. Like he’s about to throw himself in front of a bullet to save you or something.” — Renee Dwyer

(7/5/07): “I don’t have any leeches on my speed dial.” — Jacob Black

(7/6/07): “I’m really glad Edward didn’t kill you. Everything’s so much more fun with you around.” — Emmett Cullen

(7/6) Stephenie's Myspace: “It's hard to tell what a fish is thinking.” — Bella Swan

(7/7/07): “Here’s the thing… I’ve already gone crazy once. I know what my limits are.” — Bella Swan

(7/8/07): “Edward’s only human, Bella. He’s going to react like any other boy.” — Angela Weber

(7/8) Stephenie's Myspace: “I'll try not to break anything.” — Emmett Cullen

(7/9/07): “I never thought I needed to teach you how to throw a punch. Guess I was wrong about that.” — Charlie Swan

(7/10/07): “This hostage stuff is fun.” — Alice Cullen

(7/10) Stephenie's Myspace: “But...the...you...I...insane!” — Bella Swan

(7/11/07): “Does my being half-naked bother you?” — Jacob Black

(7/12/07): “Do you ever think that your life might be easier if you weren’t in love with me?” — Edward Cullen

(7/13/07): “I already know how strong you are. You didn’t have to break the furniture.” — Bella Swan

(7/13) Stephenie's Myspace: “Did you run over someone's cat?” — Edward Cullen

(7/14/07): “Would you like to hear my story, Bella? It doesn't have a happy ending—but which of ours does? If we had happy endings, we'd all be under gravestones now.” — Rosalie Hale

(7/14) Stephenie's Myspace: “Ow! OW!” — Bella Swan

(7/15/07): “You aren't exactly the best judge of what is or isn't dangerous.” — Edward Cullen

(7/16/07): “I didn’t have quite the same…upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My beginning was something else entirely.” — Jasper Hale

(7/16) Stephenie's Myspace: “The way you regard me is ludicrous,” — Edward Cullen

(7/17/07): “I think I might have been wrong before, you know, about not being able to be friends. Maybe we could manage it, on my side of the line. Come see me.” — Jacob Black

(7/17) Stephenie's Myspace: “None of those freaky Virgos here.” — Jacob Black

(7/18/07): “It’s the thought that counts. I ought to know.” — Edward Cullen

Guest yumi-chan

ARGH, I want Eclipse to come out already <_<:wacko: I can't even read any other books because i'm too obsessed in re-reading twilight and new moon over and over--haha. Stephanie Meyer is really my most favorite Author <3 her writing is just amazing. Hopefully, Eclipse will come out on E-books so i don't have to go out to get it. (of course i'll buy it later if it's really good. XD)[

Eclipse; the title alone scares me. An eclipse (Greek verb: ekleipô, "to vanish", though it derives from the prefix 'ex-', "away from", and Greek 'leipein', "to leave") is an astronomical event that occurs when one celestial object moves into the shadow of another. I have mixed feelings about the title meaning, if it means the sun & moon becoming one (like Bella and Edward staying together) or...a possible break up between the two--Edward leaving her again like the Greek meaning says (I don't want to believe that one, X_X) Another possibility is...Edward possibly becoming human? Is it possible, hopefully? (no wait, he's hot as a vampire, I don't want him to become human XD) From all the rants about not having much of Edward in new moon, and the break up, Meyers should give us a break and let be a happy ending XD. But yes, the cover of the broken ribbon...scares me.

Guest Coopcayke

am I the only one that find Twilight quite boring?

I was so excited when I got the book because of all the awesome reviews, but now I can't understand what's the hype abt

the story was repetitive. Bella was dazzled by Edward's beauty. yeah I get it. no need to repeat that in every single pages.

Edward's coal black eyes. Edward's cold hands. Edward's smell. Edward's crooked smile. Edward's... yawnnn

the heroine is not likeable and I cannot at all understand why Edward fell in love with her.

I must admit tho, Edward is a very hot character. That's the only reason I managed to finish the book.

Guest hippiez

Yay!! Finally I managed to find this thread! Totally in love with this series, luv Bella and her hobby to 'collect' troubles, hehe... and Jacob Black is heart!!!!

(7/4/07): “There’s something…strange about the way you two are together… The way he watches you—it’s so…protective. Like he’s about to throw himself in front of a bullet to save you or something.” — Renee Dwyer

i love this quote <3 i'm assuming its renee talking to bella about edward.

because this is exactly how edward is around bella. always so careful and catious.

Guest maysapaw

hey...didn't think that there was a thread of s. meyer's books here :D

for the most part, i am with pinkberries comments on the general story of Twilight....i was waiting for that special thug in my heart that would make me sympathize with Bella's character...but alas...it didnt happen.

but for the love of edward cullen i finished the book...and then on to New Moon (ordered thru Amazon!)...and since there's not much Edward in there...well...i only finished at least 3/4 of the book, and that's becoz of hot Jacob. :D

i found Bella's character to be selfish, spineless, immature and too dependent...does love really do that??? <_<

newaiz, will still read Eclipse, just to finish the trilogy.

Guest kkandy4mee

so~ while contemplating it for a long time...i finally couldn't take it anymore and ordered all 3 books hardcover......yay for amazon free shipping!!!

the only sad thing is, being asian as i am, i didn't want to pay more for shipping by splitting the payments...so i won't be getting the 3 of them until august 14th...hahaha the only good i can see of that is that i can reread all 3 of them in a flurry :D

and yosh!

i think i can honestly say that i look forward a lot more to eclipse than harry potter which is coming out 2moro...hahahaha

(i didn't read the 6th book until this year....fully 2 years and then some after it came out XD ) someone tell me i'm not the only one who's like this LOL

anyway....third book: I have a few thoughts for the whole Jacob/Edward thing ...this is kinda long, but it's just my thoughts, and i ramble...but please read LOL....i'm itching to discuss ><

Okay..don't kill me here! haha, but i was on amazon, and stephenie said in a clip on there, that the 3rd book is about 'choosing loves'. Now besides the whole issue of bella and her family vers. bella and the vampire family..........obviously there's jacob and edward. and i was thinking.....what with the broken ribbon and other random things i've been thinking about regarding the title...here's something of what i think the third book COULD contain:

1)a really big issue in this is obviously the bella turning into a vampire and then the werewolves attacking. I think there IS a possibility that bella may get into a HUGE fight with edward about jacob(i mean common. edward and jacob pretty much hate each other) and there is a chance she goes to jacob for comfort....the thing is you have to remember Bella is still a teenager, and she's headstrong. even though she might be dying without edward with her, the fact that she didn't totally disappear into her shell in new moon was because of jacob. so this leads me to the 2nd part of this

2) i do not believe she will fall in love with jacob, but jacob definitely loves her and with jacob around, she might be feeling that she can 'get her priorities straight'...because it is true...she is absolutely torn that she's causing Jacob so much pain, and (if u read the first chapter of eclipse posted on the stepheniemeyer.com site XD ) she believes jacob deserves at least a visit....her father isn't against that at all, and the only thing keeping Bella from doing so really is her feeling toward Edward. At some point, she can and would snap, and she could go visit Jacob just to spite Edward. She might have the whole self-righteous thing going on "This is for the good of Jacob AND you" so there's that aspect. This would be the actual 'eclipse'; a dark, unknown time, when things in Bella's mind could go in any direction

3) In the end, Bella WILL be with Edward again, but i think edward will be greatly humbled by something(perhaps Jacob will save Bella when Edward isn't there...? it happened in New Moon...it could happen again...just on a bigger scale) I don't believe Stephenie will put in something happening so that everything turns out nice and boxed with a bow on top, if u get what I mean...it won't be a happy ending(at least in the Edward-Bella-Jacob triangle) They're all going to get hurt, Jacob most likely the most. I'm a very melodramatic person when it comes to imagining plotlines, but I don't think Jacob will die. Bella will have to break her bonds(hence the ribbon) and in the end it might just be too much for Jacob to take...and he might flee. that is very sad and depressing, because i actually like jacob a lot, and iwant him to find his own girl ;__; but eh XD that's just me.

Now for other random little things...hahaha

Actually, i was thinking there'd be a chance of a big misunderstanding with the vamps/weres....there might be killings or something ghastly that either gets blamed on the werewolves or the vampires....and of course the other side doesn't believe it. and something like taht XD.

also i don't believe Jacob(and of course not edward) would EVER EEEEVER intentionally hurt Bella(edward's not going to leave her ever again....if she leaves him, that's a dif story). So i don't believe there will be any trickery on jacob's part...jacob's wonderful. haha am i one of the few who really really likes jacob? i like him as much as i like edward(personaly, the fact that edward is so 'perfect' really bothers me) so yea :D

and this part looks like it will definitely happen, by the quotes and other things i've read: Bella will finally hear the siblings' side of the story: Rosalie and Jasper for one :D this may be part of her whole 'figuring this out' period....or it could be after the 'climax' of the book..whatever that will be.......if Bella turns into a vampire, it won't be until the VERY VERY end of Eclipse is what i'm feeling

and of turning into a vampire.......i don't believe it'll happen accidently...haha it just seems too much of an 'easy way out' sorta thing....Bella wants it to be Edward.....if it isn't I'd be so sad....hahaha. but i dunno, i don't think stephenie would make something so important like that be done by accident by an enemy vampire or something...but she'll be turned into one no matter what is what i think. remember, the 4th book is called breaking dawn. eclipse isn't the end XD

and WOW. i wrote a lot. sorry guys. =P if ur ever up for an intense discussion PM me or something XD

note: since i don't own the books, and i can't get them easily, my memories of things are hazy....but yea

i'm not obsessed, honestly(haha i can hear the LIAR!!! already) it's just i love books, i love to discuss books, and this one series is very intriguing because there are so many loose ends at the end of New Moon. But you could just as easily get me worked up about A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels (by Libba Bray...i highly recommend u read it if you like victorian times, a girl with sass and sarcasm, magic, and mysterious boys XD )

and yea. WHOO~ yea i'm done typing for today.

my friend brought me this book! At first I was thrilled to read it because I heard many great things about it...but...then everything threw me off in the book.

There was something about it that I wasn't really fond of...maybe it was the characters. I guess I'm the only one that found this book somewhat boring...

Guest peeaye

haha i was talking to my friend about this the other day oddly enough

and she was like "i think bella should just die in the veryyy last book. she doesn't deserve jacob

or edward anyways... plus that way no one gets hurt!"

and i was sitting there ... giving her this insane look and i just busted out laughing

because obviously .. EVERYONE would get hurt by the idea of bella dead. -__-

omfg.. this book is sooo GOOODDD!!

at first I was like, vampires?? ewww, no

but my sis was like all talking about it

and I'm happy I read it!! but new moon

was so BLEHHH~ didnt like it as much

as i wanted to..

but i heard that Twilight will be made into

a movie?? true?? or no?

I HOPE SOO =]

I didn't know there was a topic for this. I pre-ordered Eclipse on amazon a few days ago along with the new harry potter book lololol!

I liked Twilight more then New Moon, I basically skimmed through the parts with Jacob. I just couldn't stand reading parts with him. I wasn't the only one, my friend did the same lawl. Hopefully Eclipse is better then New Moon, I heard that it's going to be better then Twilight, so we'll see.

Guest Aireia

^I heard that too. You can read about it here:

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_movie.html

But OMG. Eclipse is already coming out and I haven't even read New Moon yet.

Apparently, the local library has it but a kajillion people are putting the book on hold. The library also has it on tape but I refuse to listen to the story.

But does anyone know if New Moon's going to come out in paperback? I rather buy it than check it out from the library. However, hardcover is a little expensive and my parents won't consider purchasing from Amazon.

Archived