Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun

Guest mylovelyfamily

Guest Autumn1430263885

ZOMGGGG! Twilight is one of my favorite book in the WHOLE WORLD.

i still have to buy it and new moon -_-

OMG.I've been counting down the days till eclipse since... since...there was 17 days left!NOW ONLY 2 MORE DAYS !!! YAYNESS

Edward cullen is SMEXY!XDXD

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree with dearskye.~ don't get me wrong, i really enjoyed the book...but i've read a lot of vampire type fanfiction which is pretty much in par with twilight

but it's a different feeling holding up a physical book in your hand and just reading off a computer screen...

i'm not really feeling bella's personality at times either..but there is so much tension in the novel, which makes me really enjoy it and keep waiting for the next..

Hahah, I agree - Holding a book makes everything so much different. That's a partial reason I kept reading cause I just love...the smell of books and flipping through one as I go.

Yoon Jaewon & Kim Jaejoong? But what's wrong with falling in love with a fictional character? To most people, he would certainly be godlike in appearance since they're supposed to vision Edward according to their standards of what's beautiful. It would be wrong to say Edward is not hot too though, after all, he's a fictional character.

And you say Yoon Jaewon & Kim Jaejoong = hot?

I agree, but I'm sorry your imaginations didn't take place while reading the book.

Because supposedly, Edward is supposed to be super uber hot.

And I don't know, it could be cuz I'm not a fan of fan-fics at all. I think it's all so... hard to imagine my Korean lovers (celebrities) speaking perfect English and being so somewhat westernized. I'd rather read so-sul (소설) on Korean websities. They're love.

I never said anything was wrong - if you want to get technical, falling in love with a celeb is almost as close as a fictional character since the chances of one meeting them is rare.

I just said that to me Edward wasn't that hot because she used the SAME descriptions over and over to describe him. She used the description "god-like" and "marble" and "angry" about....3-5 times (per word) in the book, and honestly, as an author to describe a single thing in that way is called redundacy. The worst part was that sometimes the descriptions were within a page of each other.

I agree that Edward is quite the perfection, but when the same descriptions are used - then it's rather dull. There are many ways to describe beautiful (porcelain - rather than marble/ sculpture rather than "god-like") and the overuse of the same words will only have readers eliminating. As for Jaejoong and Jaewon - I was giving an example to parallel an author's ability to portray "hot" in terms of characteristics. You probably never read Tainted Memories, cause I definitely did not mean the celeb, but the character in the story (and they are supposed to be speaking "Korean" only not everyone understand Korean...) Hahah, but I did give examples of Fictionpress & Fanfiction.net as well - I just didn't name characters.

As for imagination, she's supposed to spark it, but using the same words does not give enough. The difference is - Meyers is telling me that Edward is hot, not showing me he is (unless he's speaking, cause then Edward is quite the charm).

But, again, like I said before -

Holding a book gives a different vibe than staring at a screen.

& A reason I'm picky is because Meyers is a major in English Literature, which really ended up surprising me when I read this. She's not a complete newb at books ESPECIALLY when she's an Eng Lit major. If she was a dentist or something like that, then I'd let this pass and just comment on the redundancy. But this book is supposed to be for reluctant readers...

Guest j1youngxj3

^ at barnes and noble..they're selling it for about 11 bucks for members...i think 13 for non-members. only a couple hours!! freaking excitedddd =]]

I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN & JACOB BLACK. <33

Guest Swtazn

wow can't believe there's a thread for this book!

I have to agree with all of you...these are the best books! i loved twilight (my favorite). I would never have known this book if my friend didn't buy it for me as a gift. I liked it so much that I had to get the sequel....New Moon

Can't wait to read eclipse...!!!! hopefully it will be as good as twlight...for new moon was not that great (in my opinion)

Guest sarah_luisa

wahhhhhhh :w00t:

I just got back from the bookstore

hehehehe..

I was in the line to pay and saw the people in front of me buying eclipse too

their mom ask me if I want to used her membership discount card but I said no cause i got my own card ^_^

hehehe..

i'm so happy

but has to finish new moon first

Guest lylbrattyxbritt

i still have to read this book. everyone says it is really really good!

you totally have to read this book i got all my friends to read the book and some of my guy friends read the book too my twilight book cover is almost falling off lol i can't wait to get my hands on eclipse

Guest sarah_luisa

^^ Cool, you got yours already. i'm about to go buy mines

I'm not even half way done in new moon

and

i don't want to start eclipse w/o finishing new moon :tears:

Guest sarah_luisa

i am having a great day, i didn't have to buy the book and i even got it autographed.

huh?

how did u got autographed? :tears:

Archived