Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

*** "Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint" movie is currently in the middle of major casting and is reported preparing to begin filming this year. It has signed a copyright contract for the production of five feature films for theaters with a large production cost. I hope we could get to hear MORE updates about this movie especially Lee Min Ho's side soon. He is in the United States working on the second book of the AppleTV drama "Pachinko"  right now. He has other series to be released soon, which is "Ask the Stars" with Gong Hyo Jin.   :kisslevel:

• Like 4

On 5/4/2023 at 7:12 AM, syntyche said:

LMH IG update

@syntyche  thanks for sharing this. So NICE that he shared updates about his life in Canada. From his downtime, grocery shopping in the city, hanging around arcades, and visiting the beach. At least, we get a sneak-peek into his schedule! He seems to be having a mighty good time staying there. It's been quite a long stay. Now giving another update to his fans, at least, we get to know what he’s been up to recently. I can say that it looks too fun. From being bundled up to daring the weather, from being mesmerized by his own ads to cycling and grabbing some ice cream, and finally from partying with friends to resting on his own, he has his work-life balance set to a T. In the photos, he can be seen putting on an apron and working by a food table and enjoying some moments with his ‘Pachinko’ cast members and crew.   :heart3:

• Like 4

http://www.naewoeilbo.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=719173

Administrative Welfare Center in Yeonghwa-dong announced on May 5th, LeeMinHo’s fan club ‘Minoz’ donated 200 boxes of ramen to the underprivileged residents. This donation “JongDae Ramen” has been going on for 9 years since Gangnam1970 premiere in 2015.

FvWhAy-aUAALVZO?format=jpg&name=small

KHS, head of the movie theater, said “I’m so happy & grateful that the unusual relationship has been formed through film is spreading to the warmth of caring for neighbors. Minoz is an example for spreading a culture of sharing.”

Yeonghwa-do is where KJD spent his youth in GB.

cr. forlmhonly

• Like 4

@CarolynH you said LMH is trending in the US during TKEM 3rd anniversary.  Trending where, which media?  Netflix?

It is great he is sharing pictures of himself in Toronto.  However,  when he was in Vancouver, there were tons of photos by fans showing him filming but in Toronto, no fans seems to have found filming locations.  I wonder why.  No fan pictures of Pachinko filming locations !!!

On 4/18/2023 at 7:21 PM, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan ohhh.............I thought all along it ended last February 8............In fact, Lee Min-ho posted on Instagram that the filming of the series has ended. This might not referring to filming but, for post-production. Do you think so?  

I wonder why he finished earlier than all the others, because of Pachinko.?  I hope it is not another TKEM where it is female centric and he has less scenes :open_mouth:

On 4/18/2023 at 8:23 PM, willenette said:

@CarolynH  yes, I'm also confused - hehehe - You may be right that LMH filmed all his scenes but, it was reported before that "the drama has ended filming" and not mentioning only for LMH' scenes. Well, I hope we could get to know/read when is the exact schedule of broadcast.And................. here's another update :  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gong Hyo Jin And Lee Min Ho’s New Space Romance Drama Finishes Filming

Hide contents

Gong Hyo Jin and Lee Min Ho’s upcoming space romance drama is gearing up for its release!

On April 19, the production team of “Ask the Stars” (working title, also known as “Where the Stars Gossip”) shared that filming for the drama was completed on April 12 and that they are preparing for post-production.

“Ask the Stars” is a new romantic comedy about an astronaut and a tourist who meet and fall in love at a space station.

The drama will be helmed by director Park Shin Woo of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” and “Lovestruck in the City,” while the script will be penned by writer Seo Sook Hyang, who is known for hits like “Don’t Dare to Dream” (“Jealousy Incarnate”) and “Pasta.” Lee Min Ho will take on the role of gynecologist Gong Ryong who paid an astronomical amount of money to travel in space as a tourist. Gong Hyo Jin will play top astronaut captain Eve Kim, a perfectionist who does not tolerate any mistakes.

As the drama is set in space, a lot of VFX (Visual Effects) will be used in post-production work which is necessary to improve the quality of the drama. The production team remarked, “We are using various filming techniques to express the weightless state inside the spaceship, the grandeur of stars outside the space station, as well as the expansive scenery of the universe, so please look forward to seeing [the splendor].”

The production team added, “We are deeply grateful to all the actors and staff who worked hard day and night so that the filming could be completed safely. Thanks to Lee Min Ho and Gong Hyo Jin’s perfect chemistry, the filming went even more smoothly. Viewers will be immersed in the performance of the two actors like being sucked into a black hole.”

The release schedule and broadcast platform of “Ask the Stars” are yet to be decided. Stay tuned for more updates!

redit : soompi news

It is great that after a few months of silence, ATS is in the news again.  I hope post-production does not take too long and we can hope to see ATS sometime end of this year instead of 2024.

On 4/19/2023 at 1:12 AM, willenette said:

*** Recently, an interesting detail is revealed about the filming for “Boys Over Flowers.” In the first episode of the drama, an anonymous student works up the courage to give a cake to Gu Jun Pyo (Lee Min Ho). However, in response, the leader of the F4 makes a rather annoyed expression and shoves the female student’s face into the cake. Nevertheless, in the behind-the-scenes footage of the drama, the scene was actually taken twice. Lee Min Ho had to press the castmate’s head into the cake twice so that the audience could watch the event from different perspectives. Lee Min Ho bowed down to apologize with a worried expression. When asked to redo the scene, Lee Min Ho bowed down in advance again and promised to do it gently before pressing her head into the cake again.  

Source: KBS2 

Wow, he bowed so low, not a slight bow.  Someone said that it is really a sign of respect usually for an older person. He really felt bad having to do that.  Must have been hard for him to do that scene.  Sweet guy!

On 4/20/2023 at 2:19 AM, willenette said:

*** Lee Min Ho and Gong Hyo Jin drama, "Ask The Stars" will be airing sometime this year and hopefully, this will be well-received since Lee Min Ho has a mega, loyal followers. I hope we get to know/read the exact schedule of broadcast soon. Can't wait!  

Yes, I hope we get news of the exact broadcast date very soon.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CallieP said:

I wonder why he finished earlier than all the others, because of Pachinko.?  I hope it is not another TKEM where it is female centric and he has less scenes 

I think they just filmed a lot of his stuff first because they knew he had to go film for Pachinko.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, CallieP said:

@CarolynH you said LMH is trending in the US during TKEM 3rd anniversary.  Trending where, which media?  Netflix?

It is great he is sharing pictures of himself in Toronto.  However,  when he was in Vancouver, there were tons of photos by fans showing him filming but in Toronto, no fans seems to have found filming locations.  I wonder why.  No fan pictures of Pachinko filming locations !!!

I wonder why he finished earlier than all the others, because of Pachinko.?  I hope it is not another TKEM where it is female centric and he has less scenes :open_mouth:

It is great that after a few months of silence, ATS is in the news again.  I hope post-production does not take too long and we can hope to see ATS sometime end of this year instead of 2024.

Wow, he bowed so low, not a slight bow.  Someone said that it is really a sign of respect usually for an older person. He really felt bad having to do that.  Must have been hard for him to do that scene.  Sweet guy!

Yes, I hope we get news of the exact broadcast date very soon.

@CallieP  or maybe Toronto filming location/s are/is forbidden now by production from outsiders especially fans? I guess and I have a strong feeling that LMH will have MORE scenes in S2,  after all, a lot of story lies ahead for Hansu, who becomes emotionally and financially entwined with Sunja and her children.

Any post-production depends on the complexity of the project. A project with only 1-Editor in post could take a bit long. If you have a big budget for post with many people in the post-dept. the project can be split into segments utilizing a team to get it to a rough cut pretty fast. Varies is greatly depending also on the amount of CG work involved.

Yes, in Korea the lower you bow, the more respect it shows. You call it “big bow”.   :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 5/6/2023 at 4:27 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

cr. Hwendy2022

**  "Golden Only Son" is the meaning of the name "Kim Dok Ja". "Dok Ja" actually is also with same  pronunciation of "reader" in Korean.  Kim = 金 = gold.

It is exciting but seems that they will only start filming at the end of the year.  Give him time to build up his muscles like City Hunter.  He looked awesome.  This reminds me of CH.  One thing though, it is about time travel.  Another fantasy, like TKEM, Faith and LOTBS.   Even ATS is futuristic since space travel is only for the rich and astronauts.  It will take many more years for regular people to travel to space.  Difficult and expensive endeavor.  Hope he gets lots of action scenes.  So happy that he announced almost immediately after completing Pachinko instead of making us wait months or after ATS and Pachinko broadcasts which was his usual ammo. :highonflowers:

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, CallieP said:

It is exciting but seems that they will only start filming at the end of the year.  Give him time to build up his muscles like City Hunter.  He looked awesome.  This reminds me of CH.  One thing though, it is about time travel.  Another fantasy, like TKEM, Faith and LOTBS.   Even ATS is futuristic since space travel is only for the rich and astronauts.  It will take many more years for regular people to travel to space.  Difficult and expensive endeavor.  Hope he gets lots of action scenes.  So happy that he announced almost immediately after completing Pachinko instead of making us wait months or after ATS and Pachinko broadcasts which was his usual ammo. :highonflowers:

@CallieP I do agree with you - The longer and more consistently you work out, the more your strength gains will come from true muscle growth. As far as i know, most beginners will see noticeable muscle growth within eight weeks, (2-months) while more experienced lifters will see changes in three to four weeks. Gaining muscle is a slow process. It means he has to gain weight, huh?

Space travel remains prohibitively expensive for anyone outside the 1% for a long, long time. A stay on the International Space Station costs tens of millions of dollars.   :Woah:

• Like 4

Kong Hyo-jin, Lee Min-ho Venture into Space in New Series

2023050600446_0.jpg

"Ask the Stars" starring Kong Hyo-jin and Lee Min-ho, is generating excitement after a year of filming.

The romantic comedy series is set on a space station.

It is currently in post-production, which is an elaborate affair because a lot of visual effects are required to make the outer-space setting believable and fully immersive.

"Audiences can look forward to spectacular cinematography depicting zero-gravity in a spaceship and the universe," the producer said. "We are grateful to all the cast and crew who worked so hard on the project. Shooting went smoothly thanks to good chemistry between Lee and Kong."

The release date has not yet been decided.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

• Like 3

17 hours ago, willenette said:

@CallieP  or maybe Toronto filming location/s are/is forbidden now by production from outsiders especially fans? I guess and I have a strong feeling that LMH will have MORE scenes in S2,  after all, a lot of story lies ahead for Hansu, who becomes emotionally and financially entwined with Sunja and her children.

Any post-production depends on the complexity of the project. A project with only 1-Editor in post could take a bit long. If you have a big budget for post with many people in the post-dept. the project can be split into segments utilizing a team to get it to a rough cut pretty fast. Varies is greatly depending also on the amount of CG work involved.

Yes, in Korea the lower you bow, the more respect it shows. You call it “big bow”.   

Yea they could be keeping these a secret. so that is why not a lot of behind the scenes  stuff.

• Like 2

It was lovely to see LMH shake hands with the fan from Argentina

- I remember on his last day in MS there were fans from Argentina in the huge crowd as well. That’s a long way to travel!  

He definitely looked like he was trying to hide something with the way he had his head covered with a hood, mask and cap!  Could it be he has accepted that role and is already growing his hair?  He looked great with long hair last year.

After the lull it looks like there’s loads to look forward to!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

It was lovely to see LMH shake hands with the fan from Argentina

- I remember on his last day in MS there were fans from Argentina in the huge crowd as well. That’s a long way to travel!  

He definitely looked like he was trying to hide something with the way he had his head covered with a hood, mask and cap!  Could it be he has accepted that role and is already growing his hair?  He looked great with long hair last year.

After the lull it looks like there’s loads to look forward to!

@Lindyloo421  yes, Lee Min Ho has been always warm & kind to his fans. There are many celebrities who are refusing to shake the hands of fans.  :rubchin:

• Like 4

On 5/6/2023 at 6:57 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

FvbRbiGaMAAKyca?format=jpg&name=medium

FvbRcU1akAAeZmW?format=jpg&name=medium

cr. Hwendy2022

**  "Golden Only Son" is the meaning of the name "Kim Dok Ja". "Dok Ja" actually is also with same  pronunciation of "reader" in Korean.  Kim = 金 = gold.

@gtLmh0622  thanks for sharing this. Now, is Lee Min Ho approaching to make a comeback in a movie soon? Now, the original webtoon has gained immense popularity, exceeding 200 million cumulative views. Fans are eagerly awaiting if the casting of Lee Min Ho as Yoo Jung Hyuk is confirmed, which i hope to be a major role. Wait & see.........  :kisslevel:

• Like 3