Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

Lee Min-ho, Jun Ji-hyun cast for new SBS TV series

SEOUL, May 30 (Yonhap) -- South Korean superstars Lee Min-ho and Jun Ji-hyun have been cast for an upcoming television series, a local network said Monday.

Seoul Broadcasting Station (SBS) said the A-lister duo will take the top roles in the series of which the Korean title is roughly translated as "Legend of the Blue Sea."

The new series, expected to air in November, is generating excitement among Korean drama fans as Park Ji-eun, the screenwriter of the mega-hit "My Love from the Star," will write the script.

Lee will star in a local television series for the first time in three years since "The Heirs."

South Korean stars Lee Min-ho (L) and Jun Ji-hyun (R) (Yonhap)

source: English yonhap news

• Like 10

Guest Moonrain

Jun Ji Hyun And Lee Min Ho Finally Officially Confirmed For “My Love From The Star” Writer’s New SBS Drama

Jun Ji Hyun And Lee Min Ho Finally Officially Confirmed For “My Love From The Star” Writer’s New SBS Drama

Actors Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun have officially confirmed their appearance in writer Park Ji Eun’s new drama.

Although news has been coming out as if it was confirmed previously, it was mostly from the mouths of industry insiders. Now there is actual confirmation from the drama’s production company, as well as a schedule and broadcasting station.

The drama, with the working title “Legend of the Blue Sea,” will star Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun, airing on SBS, Wednesdays and Thursdays, starting in November. It is slated to premiere after the end of “Incarnation of Envy.” The drama is a fantasy romance, taking its motif from the mermaid/merman story in Korea’s first historical (romance) storybook. In the Joseon-era storybook, it is recorded that real-life figure Kim Dam Nyeong returned mermaids/mermen that were caught fisherman back to the sea.

Writer Park Ji Eun previously wrote the hit drama “My Love From My Star,” which also starred Jun Ji Hyun, working alongside Kim Soo Hyun. The director of the new drama is Jin Hyuk, who has worked with Lee Min Ho in the past on “City Hunter.”

The production company, Culture Depot, stated, “From the beginning stages, writer Park Ji Eun created characters matching Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, thinking of them as the best couple. The lead actors also decided to work on the drama because they believe in the writer and the director. You can look forward to their chemistry, which will be beyond one’s imagination.”

Source (1)

Via Soompi

so they finally confirm...this is going to be his last small screen project before the military... 

LMH and JJH.... only by name we can be sure that this is going to mega hits.... the production team is JJANG also.. they will make LMH and JJH shine the best for sure..

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Moonrain said:

Actors Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun have officially confirmed their appearance in writer Park Ji Eun’s new drama.

Although news has been coming out as if it was confirmed previously, it was mostly from the mouths of industry insiders. Now there is actual confirmation from the drama’s production company, as well as a schedule and broadcasting station.

The drama, with the working title “Legend of the Blue Sea,” will star Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun, airing on SBS, Wednesdays and Thursdays, starting in November. It is slated to premiere after the end of “Incarnation of Envy.” The drama is a fantasy romance, taking its motif from the mermaid/merman story in Korea’s first historical (romance) storybook. In the Joseon-era storybook, it is recorded that real-life figure Kim Dam Nyeong returned mermaids/mermen that were caught fisherman back to the sea.

Writer Park Ji Eun previously wrote the hit drama “My Love From My Star,” which also starred Jun Ji Hyun, working alongside Kim Soo Hyun. The director of the new drama is Jin Hyuk, who has worked with Lee Min Ho in the past on “City Hunter.”

The production company, Culture Depot, stated, “From the beginning stages, writer Park Ji Eun created characters matching Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, thinking of them as the best couple. The lead actors also decided to work on the drama because they believe in the writer and the director. You can look forward to their chemistry, which will be beyond one’s imagination.”

Source (1)

Via Soompi

so will drama be historical romance in Joseon era?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

so will drama be historical romance in Joseon era?

Hi leeminhosny, it seems it is.....Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho...?This is daebak... This will be a killer cast. It's already looking like a hit. This will be Lee Min Ho’s last drama before his MS. He is going with a bang! And I am sure this drama will sell even more in China. They are both huge stars over there as well so there is a perk. I heard it is going to be completely pre-produced. I'd watch anything that has LMH in it. Can’t wait for November. Awww.......November is too long. Please come too soon! :P

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi leeminhosny, it seems it is.....Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho...?This is daebak... This will be a killer cast. It's already looking like a hit. This will be Lee Min Ho’s last drama before his MS. He is going with a bang! And I am sure this drama will sell even more in China. They are both huge stars over there as well so there is a perk. I heard it is going to be completely pre-produced. I'd watch anything that has LMH in it. Can’t wait for November. Awww.......November is too long. Please come too soon! :P

seriously I am going to freak out while waiting drama , finally but I prefer Park bo young :)

1 hour ago, Yippeuni said:

so they finally confirm...this is going to be his last small screen project before the military... 

LMH and JJH.... only by name we can be sure that this is going to mega hits.... the production team is JJANG also.. they will make LMH and JJH shine the best for sure..

Hi Yippeuni, IDK how their chemistry will be – wait & see. I feel good that the drama has just received a purchase offer from a Chinese streaming portal that breaks all sale price records of $500,000 US dollars per episode. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi Yippeuni, IDK how their chemistry will be – wait & see. I feel good that the drama has just received a purchase offer from a Chinese streaming portal that breaks all sale price records of $500,000 US dollars per episode. :P

Wow .... $500.000USD per episode is very far from previous highest record own by DOTS that sold approx $270.000 USD per episode to China and Japan. 500 thousand surely more than 10 times numbers of JJH previous drama My love from another star that sold $35.000 per episode and also break another record for LMH on his previous drama "Heirs" that sold $30.000 per episode to China.

Also this new LMH and JJH drama will be half pre-produced... so maybe when the drama first aired they already finish half of the full episodes shoot. This year is full with great comeback, and one of them is this.

No one is not knowing LMH, and everyone always anticipate his drama since Boys Over Flowers, though I never  fan of his movie (but who now I wiill like Bounty Hunter, since the teaser is very interesting) but I always anticipate his drama. 

LMH will have great chemistry with JJH, no doubt hehehehe he played well with other noonas in his previous drama kekekekekek 

• Like 1

I'm late in.. 

Spill the beans Minoz? Is this news confirmed.. I'm so happy that our boy is coming back to the small screen. Great news. Finally as Soompi wrote. I was getting tired of all the speculations since there were to many rumours out before it got confirmed. It took ages to confirm this one even tho most of us already knew what was cooking behind the scenes

• Like 3

Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun officially confirmed their pairing for a new drama

CjtG828UYAA6ztf.jpg

Another legendary drama is on it’s way and it will be starred by top hallyu stars, actor Lee Min Ho and actress Jun Ji Hyun!

On May 30, they have finally confirmed that Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun will be a couple for the drama alongside the working title, the month of airing and the broadcast station where it will be aired.

“Legend of the Blue Sea” is the working title of their drama and it is set to be aired on November through tv broadcast SBS. Also, writer of “My Love From the Stars” Park Ji Eun and director of “City Hunter” Jin Hyuk will be the ones responsible for making this much anticipated drama.

The production company of the drama were the ones who confirmed their pairing and they promised to make the best couple ever with Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun.

source: KpopFighting

• Like 9

YASSS, I'M SO EXCITED AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!! party0048.gif Finally, our boy confirms his next project! cheer1.gif

But NO, nuh uh to this big-no-no-gif.4229

694c55d8gw1f4dtfihxjuj20c80e9zmc.jpg

cr rouduo minho

...and a BIG YES to this! 22284-YES.gif

938184a2jw1f4dsbzle7hj20dw0m840u.jpg

cr ohchloe

The original HCA fairy tale has a very sad ending (vs the always-sunny Disney version) so I wonder if the Korean adaptation will be a melo or rom-com.  Hope it's the former----after BH, it would be great to see LMH in a full-blown melo drama smiley-sad055.gif

Buckle up, Minoz.....it's our time and we're in for a helluva ride!!! vdesport3.gif

• Like 13

Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho confirmed for writer Park Ji-eun's new drama, 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'

photo728823.jpg

Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho together are returning to the small screen through writer Park Ji-eun's new drama.

On May 20, SBS has announced, "Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho will play the leading roles in 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' (working title) slated for November this year".

'The Legend of the Blue Sea' is a drama that borrowed motifs from 'The Little Mermaid' written by Hans Christian Andersen. The drama is drawing attention for being a new drama by writer Park Ji-eun, who wrote"My Love from the Star".

It has been known that, from the early stage of planning to write 'The Legend of the Blue Sea', writerPark Ji-eun already had Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho in her mind.

Jeon Ji-hyeon is returning since she gave birth in February this year and also this is her comeback drama in two years since "My Love from the Star" by writer Park Ji-eun.

Lee Min-ho also is returning to the small screen in three years since "The Heirs".

Meanwhile, it is also known that 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' has been offered half million dollars per episode from a video streaming company in China. This proves how powerful the effect of two actors could be.

http://www.hancinema.net/jeon-ji-hyeon-and-lee-min-ho-confirmed-for-writer-park-ji-eun-s-new-drama--the-legend-of-the-blue-sea--95033.html

• Like 8