Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho Shines in ‘Pachinko’ Season 2 with Mature, Compelling Performance

style_66ce834e7ec17-1400x933.jpg

Lee Min Ho is once again capturing the audience’s attention in Pachinko Season 2, delivering a more mature and layered performance that enhances the show’s emotional depth.

Pachinko continues its epic saga of forbidden love, war, and identity, spanning across Korea, Japan, and the U.S. Lee Min Ho’s character, Koh Hansu, a man driven by ambition, faces a turning point when he reunites with Sunja (Kim Min Ha), the rural girl who once helped him rediscover his identity. Though Sunja has since moved on with a new family, Hansu remains steadfast, quietly staying close to her and their son Noa (Kim Kang Hoon), offering support when they need it most. His unwavering care adds an air of tenderness to his complex character.

Lee Min Ho’s nuanced portrayal of Hansu is masterfully done, switching between different tones and intensities when dealing with Sunja and Noa. His ability to express Hansu’s love, heartbreak, and inner conflicts while maintaining his composed exterior has left a lasting impact. As Hansu navigates the harsh realities of life, Lee Min Ho shows how his character grows more resilient, standing tall with unshakeable poise and commanding charisma.

20240826050185_0.jpg

Furthermore, Lee Min Ho brilliantly captures Hansu’s ambition and the price he pays for it in this turbulent time in history. Marrying a woman he doesn’t love to build a life of power and success, he ultimately has to let go of the woman he truly cares about to protect his reputation. This bittersweet journey is portrayed through Lee Min Ho’s deep, expressive eyes and his masterful control of pace and emotion.

Since its release, Pachinko Season 2 has garnered critical acclaim for its portrayal of four generations of a Korean immigrant family, with performances praised both domestically and internationally. Lee Min Ho, in particular, has continued to solidify his standing as a global star, thanks to his performance that anchors the series. New episode is released every Friday on Apple TV+, with the season running until October 11th.

source : https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010291825&plink=ORI&cooper=NAVER

• Like 2

7 K-dramas like Boys Over Flowers

Boys Over Flowers starring Lee Min Ho and Gu Hye Son is perhaps one of the most popular K-dramas.

Boys Over Flowers is a classic Korean drama that established a global industry presence. The Heirs, Princess Hours and more are some of the dramas like Boys Over Flowers. These golden dramas not only deal with daily lives but also showcase a wide variety of characters. Here is a look at the best 7 classic K-dramas like Boys Over Flowers. 

• The Heirs 

• Release year: 2013
  • Director: Kang Shin Hyo, Boo Sung Chul
  • Cast: Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin

The Heirs tells the story of students who attend the most prestigious school in South Korea. These students are the successors of some of the biggest conglomerates. Park Shin Hye took on the role of Eun Sang who belongs to a humble background and transferred to this school. Romance blooms between the most popular guy in school, Lee Mi Ho, but they later realize that her mother works as a housekeeper in his house. 

source : Pinkvilla

• Like 1

Our Fall will be filled with Ask the Stars/When the Stars Gossip updates!:fullofhearts:

BTW, I'm curious about the official English title of our drama. The Korean title translates literally to Ask the Stars. They might have had a change of heart about the English title since then. It's exciting to wait and see, especially as we’re getting closer to the airdate. So fun!! :getmygrooveon:

• Blob 1

17 hours ago, Nikaa said:

Our Fall will be filled with Ask the Stars/When the Stars Gossip updates!:fullofhearts:

BTW, I'm curious about the official English title of our drama. The Korean title translates literally to Ask the Stars. They might have had a change of heart about the English title since then. It's exciting to wait and see, especially as we’re getting closer to the airdate. So fun!! :getmygrooveon:

@Nikaa The English title of the drama is When the Stars Gossip but, no idea yet if this will be used as official. And right you are - Ask the Stars is the literal title. I prefer that Ask the Stars will be used as official one.  

• Wiggle 1

4 hours ago, willenette said:

The English title of the drama is When the Stars Gossip but, no idea yet if this will be used as official. And right you are - Ask the Stars is the literal title. I prefer that Ask the Stars will be used as official one.  

In Namu.Wiki, the English title is 'Way the Stars,' but it hasn't been updated yet. I think, in the beginning, it was 'Way the Stars,' then they changed it to 'When the Stars Gossip.' I guess when ATS's OTT is confirmed, we will know for sure. Let's wait and see. I'm really curious to find out. :piggydance:

https://namu.wiki/w/별들에게 물어봐

• Like 2

*** Apple TV+’s 'Pachinko' Season 2 ranked first in the TOP 10 TV Shows category on Apple TV+ in nine Asian countries, including Korea, according to the global OTT ranking site FlixPatrol on September 12.   Congratulations to the team! This drama is worth-watching. I like it. It's just that it’s slow paced, but deep, story is interesting and about real people so no sugarcoating, it is not easy or light. It gives historical context to those that do not know Japanese/Korean relationship history.

1726165337-image.png

• Wiggle 1

*** Pachinko Season 2 Episode 4 was released on September 13. The episode showcased rekindled romance between Lee Min Ho and Kim Min Ha. It also explores the lives of Sun Ja and her family in the countryside. Ko Han Su makes another grand gesture and brings Sun Ja's mother from Korea to Japan. As the two share a warm kiss at night, Sun Ja backs away. Han Su expresses his feelings for her and says that they are the right match. Now an older Sun Ja rejects him and tells him that it is already too late for them. Back home, she reveals to her mother that Noa is actually Han Su's son.  

2020592079_pachinko-season-2-poster.jpg

I love..Love..love... LMH as Hansu. I know I've said it before, but He truly is remarkable in Pachinko. Especially this season, maybe because they made him look more mature? idk, but it doesn't feel like i am watching a Kdrama actor. I miss Him in Kdrama, and I am looking forward to watching ATS, but I also looking forward to more serious role like Hansu. 

Yay!!! LMH

• Love 2

*** The actor list includes cast members from OTT shows—and Lee Min Ho for “Pachinko” Season 2 made this week’s list at No. 10.

Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list

1. Jung So Min (“Love Next Door”)
  2. Jung Hae In (“Love Next Door”)
  3. Jang Nara (“Good Partner”)
  4. Shin Min Ah (“No Gain No Love”)
  5. Kim Young Dae (“No Gain No Love”)
  6. Son Naeun (“Romance in the House”)
  7. Nam Ji Hyun (“Good Partner”)
  8. Ji Jin Hee (“Romance in the House”)
  9. Kwak Si Yang (“Good Partner”)
  10. Lee Min Ho (“Pachinko” Season 2)

credit : soompi news

*** When it comes to one of the most iconic K-Dramas of all time, The Heirs is one of them. Aside from Lee Min Ho, Kim Woo Bin catches my attention here as Choi Young Do. His character was known for being a “bully”.  i remember when Kim Woo Bin was promoting his project Alienoid , they appeared on an episode of MMTG with host JaeJae. As they're chatting about the movie, they brought up The Heirs. Kim Woo Bin spoke about his iconic scene with Lee Min Ho in the cafeteria when he had to spill curry on Lee Min Ho. JaeJae pointed out that, what seemed like a scene showcasing aggression, was actually done very gently. "You’re pouring the curry very, very, gently because you don’t want to stain his white shirt." If you have watched the drama especially this scene, the curry was only spilled on Lee Min Ho’s jacket. Kim Woo Bin pointed out that, when they were filming, Lee Min Ho only had one shirt. He pointed out that they had another scene they had to film with Lee Min Ho wearing that shirt. - hahaha -  Ohhh............ Kim Woo Bin is such a very considerate person.