Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

*** In a recent interview promoting  'Pachinko Season 2', Lee Minho shared a deeply touching fan encounter that has stayed with him. During an overseas premiere event, Lee Minho met a fan whose story profoundly impacted him. He recalled, "One of the fans said he had served as a soldier for 30 years. After retiring and struggling with the aftermath of war, he discovered my dramas and said they helped him significantly recover. I felt the power of content then."   :fun:

20240902_050209_740_letv1.jpeg

source : Gstarlive

• Like 4

On 8/23/2024 at 8:20 PM, Nikaa said:

Apple TV Pachinko pop up store!

In S. Korea only or in other countries as well?

On 8/26/2024 at 8:37 PM, Nikaa said:

Q. Do you have any upcoming works?

There is a work called 'Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint' that recently finished cranking up, and it used a lot of CG. I want to be more active in my work and show it to those who have been waiting for me. In my 30s, I wanted to leave behind as many works as possible. I am making a 3-year plan to work harder starting next year. I plan to push myself more meticulously and without rest.  

https://www.srtimes.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=161745

:transforms: Thank you for your hard work, Lee Min Ho Oppa!  

Is he saying he will work hard for the next three years?  Hope so.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Who's Josh Sperling?  I suppose i can google him.  Oh, maybe he attended to support G-dragon. 

@CarolynH  He's a painter from NY. What I know is he has a special exhibition in Korea last August 11. No idea if he attended to support GDragon.   :partyblob:

3 hours ago, CallieP said:

In S. Korea only or in other countries as well?

@CallieP Three pop-up stores have been operating in SK only, in Seongsu-dong. These pop-up stores will run through Sept. 8.   :kisslevel:

• Thanks 2

Lee Min Ho Talks ‘Pachinko,’ Memorable Fan Encounters, and What’s Next

130b596f-c1a6-4c03-b76b-f4fe7bc1b040.png

Recently, at the Grand Intercontinental Seoul Parnas in Gangnam, Lee Min Ho sat down for an interview to discuss Apple TV+’s original series Pachinko Season 2. The actor opened up about the show and shared some personal reflections.

Pachinko is a sweeping narrative that spans Korea, Japan, and the United States, weaving a tale of forbidden love, war and peace, love and loss, victory and judgment. Lee Min Ho plays Hansu, a compelling character whose actions dramatically alter the life of Sunja.

During the interview, Lee Min Ho shared a particularly memorable encounter with a fan that has stayed with him. He recalled an overseas premiere event where a fan approached him. “One of the fans was a soldier who had served for 30 years. After getting discharged, he was struggling with the aftermath of war when he discovered one of my dramas, and it helped him a lot,” Lee Min Ho shared. “I truly felt the power of content.” This interaction inspired Lee Min Ho to put even more into his performances.

Marking his 18th year since debuting, Lee Min Ho reflected on his career, saying, “I am grateful for the things that have given me stability over the past 18 years.” Looking forward, he expressed a desire to explore new experiences, saying,

“When I think about the future, I realize that ‘this alone won’t be enough.’ I want to seek out things I haven’t experienced before.” He added, “It could be marriage, or it could be having children. These are serious thoughts I’m starting to have.

I’m in a place where I’m intensely searching for what I can offer myself.”

Pachinko Season 2 consists of eight episodes, with the first episode premiering on August 23rd. New episodes are being released every Friday on Apple TV+, with the season finale scheduled for October 11th.

source : https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2024082716470001515?did=NA

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CallieP said:

Is he saying he will work hard for the next three years?  Hope so.

@CallieP  I highly anticipate his gearing up to return to the Kdrama scene. After Pachinko 2, “Ask the Stars”  is set to premiere early next year. I couldn’t contain my excitement following this announcement. His fandom is still most huge. Sigh..... that he's not been very active in the last few years. Right now, the competition is getting fierce. He's one actors who doesn't really look Korean. He looks mixed raced. Like BTS V.   :smooches2:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@CarolynH  Jung Il Woo was also spotted during this art exhibition event of Pharrell Williams and G-Dragon. Many celebrities attended, which included Yoona, Jung Il Woo, Lee Min Ho, Lee Jung Jae, Lee Soo Hyuk, and Ro Woon.   :fun:

20240903_1321515831594969244709130.jpg?w

photos source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2024/09/03/just-spotted/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

He's trending on X

@CarolynH  Thanks for sharing this. In the group picture I can spot Lee Min Ho together with Lee Jung Jae with his GF, Lee Soo Hyuk and Jang Dong Gun with Ko So Young. This photo in particular caught my attention, showing Lee Jung Jae and Lee Min Ho playfully holding hands with Lee Jung Jae's GF seated between them.   :coolcat:

202409040713776039_66d78d542a221.jpg

photo source : https://www.osen.co.kr/article/G1112410295

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Have you watched ep 3 yet?  I wrote a couple of comments in the Pachinko thread. 

@CarolynH They have fled to the countryside. I’m with Mozasu, what a cute kid! He is doing a top notch job. Mosazu doesn't seem to be minding the change. The little boy finds this life to be much more exciting than living in the city. Hansu begins to take on the role of a father figure to Sunja's sons. He brings a radio, candy for Mosazu, and newspapers for Noa (telling him that he "must learn to read what is not there.") Hansu is trying to nurture the boy's intelligence (as well as encourage him to understand the world better) The episode leaves with the thought that it's better to have an enemy who is grateful to you.   :rickroll:

• Blob 2

11 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I'd like to see LMH confirm too.  What streaming site?!  I'm not going to be surprised if he finally has a fan meet to publicize ATS.

YES YES! :getmygrooveon:Some say it’s probably Netflix, but we'll have to wait for them to announce it:transforms:

• Like 1