Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho Covets An Award From '2020 SBS Drama Awards' Alongside Namgoong Min

Jan 01, 2021 | by Rosen Seth

lee-min-ho.jpg

The 2020 SBS Drama Awards is a celebration of artists' talents under the network, recognizing them for their impressive performances in their respective roles in dramas.

Lee Min Ho soars above the awards show alongside Namgoong Min
To the fans' delight upon seeing prominent South Korean actor Lee Min Ho back on stage, the actor made his way to headlines, saying his comeback is what every fan needs before ending 2020. And with no hesitation, the Boy Over Flowers actor appeared at the ceremony with an award!

He took the Top Excellence in Ministries for Fantasy/Romance in his remarkable role on The King: Eternal Monarch.

SBS DRAMA

In his acceptance speech, he said, "After a lot of time has passed, I've received such a great award, so I'm so grateful and happy." He then continued in thanking his fellow stars on the series and the staff and writer, Kim Eun Sook...

https://www.kpopreporter.com/articles/3387/lee-min-ho-covets-award-2020-sbs-drama-awards-alongside

• Blob 5

7 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Of course he didn't update for reason he is sad for his cast (even PD and writer) , this is more hearrt breaker than 2012 ceremony for me 

please let’s factor the writer out. I don’t feel sorry for her in the slightest 
Min Hoyaaa!! Don’t feel bad for her please:bawling: She is already writing her next work. 

I’m sad, even when a new day begins and I woke up. I want to see Min Ho when he feels better. He will post when he is happy. his mom and sister should give him a big hug! 

6 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

After a long time,I came to the awards ceremony.I'm very happy to come to SBS Award Ceremony. I'd like to express my gratitude to all those who loved #TheKingEternalMonarch. Happy New Year,I pray with that this New Year will be better than today.Thank you. https://m.tv.naver.com/v/17628007

He is wearing a mask, but u can feel he isn’t happy. His tone of voice when he said “I’m happy”, I keep re watching and It breaks my heart. :sad1: 

6 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

He looks soooo sad :tears:

He welcomed the new year alone, waiting alone in a room with no friends or family and seeing how his colleagues weren't winning anything and his drama was not appreciated by the channel he has been working for during a long time. Also, it was the 30 anniversary of this awards and they didn't show any images of LMH's previous dramas. I get why he is so sad. 

As @Nikaa94 says, I just want for him to post something on Instagram, where we get to see him smiling and happy. 

you said everything! :tears: 

heirs was super hit, city hunter and legend of the blue were hit too. (All 20% ratings and more) but why they didn’t show video clips, images, and also OST. Why not???   
why does it feel like an attack from sbs rather than appreciation for LMH who has worked with this channel for a long time. 

Right now, I wish he hadn’t attended!:bawling: He attended because he felt responsible. MYM shouldn’t have let him attend.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

please let’s factor the writer out. I don’t feel sorry for her in the slightest 
Min Hoyaaa!! Don’t feel bad for her please:bawling: She is already writing her next work. 

I’m sad, even when a new day begins and I woke up. I want to see Min Ho when he feels better. He will post when he is happy. his mom and sister should give him a big hug! 

He is wearing a mask, but u can feel he isn’t happy. His tone of voice when he said “I’m happy”, I keep re watching and It breaks my heart. :sad1: 

you said everything! :tears: 

heirs was super hit, city hunter and legend of the blue were hit too. (All 20% ratings and more) but why they didn’t show video clips, images, and also OST. Why not???   
why does it feel like an attack from sbs rather than appreciation for LMH who has worked with this channel for a long time. 

Right now, I wish he hadn’t attended!:bawling: He attended because he felt responsible. MYM shouldn’t have let him attend.  

@Nikaa94, You're right, SBS mocked The King: Eternal Monarch! This is a silly and petty revenge for ratings that weren't too high. And, of course, some kind of dirty political fuss that our viewers do not understand. But do not despair, all this will pass, and the wonderful drama, loved by the audience, will remain. I believe that Lee Min Ho is a mentally strong and resilient person and will be able to survive this unpleasant situation. Yes, Lee Min Ho and his friends from "King" are sorry to tears, but the future will put everything in its place. Let's trust Lee Min Ho and wait for his new works.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

I said this on TW yesterday but I didn't said on English because this kind of sentences are shared immediately by so many people:lol:I wanted to say here too but I  gave up .If you share Important info, voting or translate etc. nobody rt them but when you say look like this sentence immediately so many rt, anyway .I read some big entertainment agency don't want to rise theirs popular idols and they reject so many big project ( CF, drama etc.) because if idols rise so much they want to leave their agency. Idol agreements are 7 year generally. Specially their 5/6th year agency reject big project.This is actually a threat.Idol agencies are different but we don't know this dirty entertainment world.  I was trying to sleep yesterday(because I couldn't sleep for hours ) :unamused: this opinion came to my mind. I said maybe SBS offered new drama LMH (and ofcourse this most probably)  for next year and he rejected it and this is actually SBS's punishment to him . This is a just conspiracy theory but I need a response.Because I can't understand SBS's this stupid ignorance.  I just want to understand, yes it is dirty but it is a response.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

10 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

@Nikaa94, You're right, SBS mocked The King: Eternal Monarch! This is a silly and petty revenge for ratings that weren't too high. And, of course, some kind of dirty political fuss that our viewers do not understand. But do not despair, all this will pass, and the wonderful drama, loved by the audience, will remain. I believe that Lee Min Ho is a mentally strong and resilient person and will be able to survive this unpleasant situation. Yes, Lee Min Ho and his friends from "King" are sorry to tears, but the future will put everything in its place. Let's trust Lee Min Ho and wait for his new works.

yeah agree. Of course he will come back new works and “go forward” remember Kim Tan’s line? 

but I just feel sad, it takes time for me, watching ceremony live and also his eyes are in my heart and mind. I will be happy soon when Min Ho also updates from his life on IG. Of course he is a strong person and he knows he is the King, The Hallyu star, Megastar! But he has feelings and feelings can’t be avoided. We all share these feelings together and that makes our fandom so United and strong. LMH knows we are here to support him. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I said this on TW yesterday but I didn't said on English because this kind of sentences are shared immediately by so many people:lol:I wanted to say here too but I  gave up .If you share Important info, voting or translate etc. nobody rt them but when you say look like this sentence immediately so many rt, anyway .I read some big entertainment agency don't want to rise theirs popular idols and they reject so many big project ( CF, drama etc.) because if idols rise so much they want to leave their agency. Idol agreements are 7 year generally. Specially their 5/6th year agency reject big project.This is actually a threat.Idol agencies are different but we don't know this dirty entertainment world.  I was trying to sleep yesterday(because I couldn't sleep for hours ) :unamused: this opinion came to my mind. I said maybe SBS offered new drama LMH (and ofcourse this most probably)  for next year and he rejected it and this is actually SBS's punishment to him . This is a just conspiracy theory but I need a response.Because I can't understand SBS's this stupid ignorance.  I just want to understand, yes it is dirty but it is a response.

I may re edit and take that out. But honestly, sbs is scary and horrible. What they did prove what type of broadcasting channel they are. Also, LMH’s costar didn’t attend, her agency may have figured. cause she was watching on TV and sharing stories, she didn’t attend because she was busy :lol: why would she so clearly show that she is watching on TV? I know some say that she shared stories to support. But the feelings that I got when I figured she was watching the show made me feel like she posted intentionally. She could have posted an hour after the show ended to not be so obvious. To me, it sounds like “I don’t care about your ceremony, I rather watch it and I will support from home. I know you won’t give me an award” :lol:

Good job to LMH if he rejected sbs offer. LMH is LMH and he doesn’t need to be stuck with them. Look how he is exploring a totally different world. He didn’t even bother to take cable shows. He is taking a totally different level of project, he deserves the high quality content and production that powerful and rich Apple TV offers. :relieved:

Edit: many things smell fishy about sbs! I also have questions about why TKEM didn’t win best couple award, why? This ceremony was so dishonest and unfair 

Why did sbs bother to nominate almost all Min ho’s costars but not give even 1 award to them. We know sbs can do that! Look how they gave 3 awards at the same time to the 3 actors. 

• Like 2

@Nikaa94, How well you said about support and love! Lee Min Ho has said more than once that he works for the love of the audience, to make many people happy. This is such a lofty and worthy goal in life! And the difficulties that we had to endure this year only strengthened and rallied Lee Min Ho and Minoz even more. We all felt very keenly how much we needed each other! As long as there is this connection with the audience, Lee Min Ho is not threatened with oblivion, although this cannot protect him from trouble. The entertainment industry is very cruel and pragmatic, and everything is about money. But love is above calculation, and only narrow-minded and limited people do not understand this.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Edit: many things smell fishy about sbs! I also have questions about why TKEM didn’t win best couple award, why? This ceremony was so dishonest and unfair 

Why did sbs bother to nominate almost all Min ho’s costars but not give even 1 award to them. We know sbs can do that! Look how they gave 3 awards at the same time to the 3 actors. 

If they want it , they give same award even 3 people , exactly nonsense , other drama's almost all cast won awards.If they just look rating, how they explain Brahmans? If they look popularity what happned King's worldwide popularity. This is exactly intentional case. Because My brain can't understand. They can add Popularity/Hallyu or bromance awards and so many categories more. But they didn't. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

If they want it , they give same award even 3 people , exactly nonsense , other drama's almost all cast won awards.If they just look rating, how they explain Brahmans? If they look popularity what happned King's worldwide popularity. This is exactly intentional case. Because My brain can't understand. They can add Popularity/Hallyu or bromance awards and so many categories more. But they didn't. 

I was waiting for popularity award especially, sbs intentionally ignored TKEM worldwide success. I also don’t get it why Brahman won awards when it had low ratings and also it wasn’t a Hallyu drama. TKEM and LMH should have won an award for popularity, sbs should have thanked LMH for bringing such a large international audience for TKEM. I’m so angry, why did MYM let Min Ho attend. I don’t think kbs would have done this to TKEM if it would have aired on kbs then. 

Sbs should have created category for TKEM  but they did for other dramas. If sbs likes Makjang stuff so much, why did they take TKEM from tvN? TKEM has a unique and refreshing story that would have matched tvN atmosphere.

• Like 5

What kind of channel just give one award to worldwide drama ,this is pertness and insolence , SBS's other dramas got high rating in 2020 yes but noone wasn't popular look like King worldwide because they didn't release on Netflix (just Hyena but its popularity can't compared with King ) If King released on TVN yes I can understand because I can say there are CrashL, Hospital Playlist .But SBS hadn't any drama look like King on 2020 . Really nonsense.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

LeeminhosnyIt seems to me that your speculation about Lee Min Ho's revenge by SBS management is very close to the truth. Therefore, at the 30th anniversary ceremony of the channel, the video with the former legendary works of Lee Min Ho was not shown. One thing is clear - with such an attitude towards the artist, you cannot work on this channel. Public humiliation cannot be forgiven! It was not in vain that Lee Min Ho spoke about the changed environment and bitter feelings. It seems to me that he did not mean the pandemic, but the relationship with SBS.

The entire creative team for The King: Eternal Monarch has been publicly humiliated. Therefore, the excellent actors Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan and others did not receive prizes, the jury did not note the amazing camera work and costume designer, excellent script and direction. This situation reminds me very much of the classic fable "The Pig under the Oak". SBS will eventually turn into a factory for silly family melodramas for ajum, which has the highest ratings in Korea.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I was waiting for popularity award especially, sbs intentionally ignored TKEM worldwide success. I also don’t get it why Brahman won awards when it had low ratings and also it wasn’t a Hallyu drama. TKEM and LMH should have won an award for popularity, sbs should have thanked LMH for bringing such a large international audience for TKEM. I’m so angry, why did MYM let Min Ho attend. I don’t think kbs would have done this to TKEM if it would have aired on kbs then. 

LMH isn't child or rookie actor, he is his own mistress, he shouldn't get permission from his agency. He attanded for fans.

If King is released on KBS or MBC ofcourse LMH already won Daesang not just one award. Because MBC gave Daesang a actor ( his drama got 5% rating) why? because it is drama with MBC's highest rating in 2020. SBS had so many drama with high rating  and they have a big head.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

LMH isn't child or rookie actor, he is his own mistress, he shouldn't get permission from his agency. He attanded for fans.

If King is released on KBS or MBC ofcourse LMH already won Daesang not just one award. Because MBC gave Daesang a actor ( his drama got 5% rating) why? because it is drama with MBC's highest rating in 2020. SBS had so many drama with high rating  and they have a big head.

I know that!:relieved: LMH doesn’t need permission of course!! LMH owns his own agency and who would tell a King what to do. :relieved:I also know he attended for his fans. It just saddens me he went through that alone and I said that about MYM. What else can I say? 

yes, sbs had high rating dramas but they weren’t Hallyu material. They were typical dramas with some heart warming story or just dramatic makjang. Nothing special! But  TKEM is different!! TKEM’s story is totally different compared to other SBs dramas. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

LeeminhosnyIt seems to me that your speculation about Lee Min Ho's revenge by SBS management is very close to the truth. Therefore, at the 30th anniversary ceremony of the channel, the video with the former legendary works of Lee Min Ho was not shown. One thing is clear - with such an attitude towards the artist, you cannot work on this channel. Public humiliation cannot be forgiven! It was not in vain that Lee Min Ho spoke about the changed environment and bitter feelings. It seems to me that he did not mean the pandemic, but the relationship with SBS.

The entire creative team for The King: Eternal Monarch has been publicly humiliated. Therefore, the excellent actors Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan and others did not receive prizes, the jury did not note the amazing camera work and costume designer, excellent script and direction. This situation reminds me very much of the classic fable "The Pig under the Oak". SBS will eventually turn into a factory for silly family melodramas for ajum, which has the highest ratings in Korea.

If you watch Penthouse you can understand viewers taste, I said last days I am watching beacuse I laugh so much, why ? there are so many exaggerated cases, scenes , characters, plots, currently main male lead relationship with lead 3 women in drama, all of them neighbour ,high schooler girls fight almost every ep. Really I can't tell you all of them :lol: and SBS found with high rating they don't want give up this drama they already started S2 and will make S3 too .

6 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

yes, sbs had high rating dramas but they weren’t Hallyu material. They were typical dramas with some heart warming story or just dramatic makjang. Nothing special! But  TKEM is different!! TKEM’s story is totally different compared to other SBs dramas. 

So TV viewers couldn't understand it, they want ordinary family story, cheat etc. simple, you can understand them easly:lol:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

So TV viewers couldn't understant it, they want ordinary family story, cheat etc. simple, you can understand them easly:lol:

TKEM should have only aired on Netflix. I know that some dramas air both locally and on OTT but TKEM style of writing and story match OTT only. TKEM’s story is like a puzzle, mysterious, and unpredictable. Old generation don’t watch this type of dramas and instead prefer to watch some women screaming and pulling each other’s hair. 

Netflix offers unique and good content to audience. Netflix gives this opportunity to writers to come out of their comfort zone and explore stories that wouldn’t work on public channels.

Unfortunately, people who watch public channels have different taste. TV viewers couldn’t understand the story and they were also very impatient. Young people and smart people in SK watched TKEM on Netflix and wavve. 

• Like 4