Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

20180228 KBS news :  http://mn.kbs.co.kr/mobile/news/view.do?ncd=3612003&ref=A

partial translation by Naver and Google :

In Pyeongchang, it is Beijing that will host the next Winter Olympics under Barton.

In China, the mood is high now, but the poor performance at this Olympics is rather a trigger.

This is Kim Do-yeop.

[Report]

Nanjing Dongru, Shanghai's most popular street

On the outdoor electronic board, a video clip was made by the Korean Consulate for the Winter Olympics.

[Lee Min Ho / actor: "Hi, I am Lee Min Ho. I sincerely congratulate you on hosting the Beijing Winter Olympic Games in 2022."]

Since the strained relationship between Korea and China, no Korean video was allowed on the billboard, but the Winter Olympics have lifted the bars.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

partial translation by Naver and Google :

In Pyeongchang, it is Beijing that will host the next Winter Olympics under Barton.

In China, the mood is high now, but the poor performance at this Olympics is rather a trigger.

This is Kim Do-yeop.

[Report]

On the outdoor electronic board, a video clip was made by the Korean Consulate for the Winter Olympics.

[Lee Min Ho / actor: "Hi, I am Lee Min Ho. I sincerely congratulate you on hosting the Beijing Winter Olympic Games in 2022."]

Since the strained relationship between Korea and China, no Korean video was allowed on the billboard, but the Winter Olympics have lifted the bars.

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. China has won the vote to hold the next Winter Olympics in their capital city of Beijing. The Winter Olympics only comes round in four-year cycles. And the next time we'll be able to get involved on the action again will be February 4, 2022, when the games will start up again. The 2022 Winter Olympics will once again last for two-and-a-half weeks, with its culmination due on February 20. PyeongChang and South Korea have done a great job as hosts of the 2018 games. Nanjing Dong Lu is lined on both sides with shops and their glowing neon signboards & ye, the most popular street. So NICE that LMH fans could get to see his electronic video on that popular shopping spot.  It's good that due to this upcoming event whatever strained relationship between China & Korea has been lifted in the meantime. :lol:

• Like 4

12 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Thanks chingu @gtLmh0622 for sharing this. Im trying to understand: is there still a ban on K-pop/ drama in China? And is the ban unofficially lifted with the showing of LMH in the Korean-produced ad/public message? 

• Like 3

On 2/20/2018 at 12:20 PM, pixie0622 said:

@Claudia Ximena Was originally the 21st May but It seems to have been advanced 2 weeks.

still a long, long time of waiting...:(

my only consolation is that GOT will premiere its last season a month ahead of his release from MS -_-

thank you for the update I am hoping it goes by fast so still until next year 2019 May? :( this is totally sucks hope to see him earlier than that!

4 hours ago, pixie0622 said:

Thanks chingu @gtLmh0622 for sharing this. Im trying to understand: is there still a ban on K-pop/ drama in China? And is the ban unofficially lifted with the showing of LMH in the Korean-produced ad/public message? 

Yes, what you understood is just same as the meaning of the reporter.
Is there still a ban on K-pop/ drama in China ? I think so. I don't think the ban has not been existed any more, maybe just a little different degrees. 

2 hours ago, Claudia Ximena said:

thank you for the update I am hoping it goes by fast so still until next year 2019 May? :( this is totally sucks hope to see him earlier than that!

I just found this :  https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/10-idols-will-finish-military-service-soon/

10. Lee Min Ho – February 8, 2019

_t39NXCUCvJlXd9p4mT2M4hj4wlwZuUmNoAEFw51

Do you feel better ? Hope this will be true.   :tongue:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I just found this :  https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/10-idols-will-finish-military-service-soon/

This isn’t true, let’s not get our hopes upㅠ this article has no source, and it noted at the beginning that (all dates are estimates).. their estimates are way off and inaccurate

btw, the shortening of military service period has not been finalized yet, and when it does, Minho’s estimated date of discharge will be 2019.04.24 that’s only 17 days earlier

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Latifah_ said:

This isn’t true, let’s not get our hopes upㅠ this article has no source, and it noted at the beginning that (all dates are estimates).. their estimates are way off and inaccurate

btw, the shortening of military service period has not been finalized yet, and when it does, Minho’s estimated date of discharge will be 2019.04.24 that’s only 17 days earlier

Hi Latifahye, President Moon unveiled a five-year plan to scale back the mandatory military service period to 18 months from the current 21. But, this shortened mandatory military service will not fully take in effect until 2020However, those who are currently serving will get a reduction on service length based on their time of enlistment.  Starting from October 2016, they will take away 1 day for every 2 weeks up until the enlistment date. :lol:

5 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, what you understood is just same as the meaning of the reporter.
Is there still a ban on K-pop/ drama in China ? I think so. I don't think the ban has not been existed any more, maybe just a little different degrees. 

Hi gtLmh, as of November last year, China's ban on Korean entertainment, including K-Pop, K-dramas, K-varieties, and more, has been lifted.  The ban's lift likely came as a result of China and South Korea's recent agreement to end disputes regarding the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system, with China announcing the decision to accept the defense system's placement.  According to reports, Chinese broadcasting stations have begun reaching out to Korean broadcasting stations regarding importing the newest dramas. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi gtLmh, as of November last year, China's ban on Korean entertainment, including K-Pop, K-dramas, K-varieties, and more, has been lifted.  The ban's lift likely came as a result of China and South Korea's recent agreement to end disputes regarding the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system, with China announcing the decision to accept the defense system's placement.  According to reports, Chinese broadcasting stations have begun reaching out to Korean broadcasting stations regarding importing the newest dramas. :lol:

I read a news that 1.4 million visitors visited Korean during Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games but only 20 thousands from China. That was much lower than estimated 200 thousands.   -_-

Jung Hyejin (Minho's stylist) IG updated again :

e3970d78gy1foxlxylgrxj213m0qowj8.jpg

via MinoJennyLin83

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I read a news that 1.4 million visitors visited Korean during Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games but only 20 thousands from China. That was much lower than estimated 200 thousands.   -_-

Jung Hyejin (Minho's stylist) IG updated again :

via MinoJennyLin83

gtLmh, oh, really? Thanks for sharing this picture. My 1st time to see his stylist. She's such a lucky creature - hahaha - :lol:

• Like 1

ABHr8JW.gif

Spoiler

PT Episode 14

Our couple Jin Ho and Gae In shop for matching utensils, and do things together at the Sanggojae, like brush their teeth and eat breakfast.  

WSqfrgK.gif

He then makes her wash the dishes.

bLoY8wc.gif

He even blackmailed her with food, when she resisted on bringing out her blanket. She caves in, and they wash their blankets together. As they let their blankets dry out in the sun, they pass time at the bench. While he takes a nap, she presses a kiss on his forehead. He smiles slightly.

d34GmlZ.gifAujRQAz.gif

Back at the Sanggojae, he carries the sleeping Gae In to bed. She wakes up, looks for him, and sees him come out of the basement. Trying to hide his restoration project, he tells her instead that he heard a mouse coming from the basement. She jumps into his arms. He brings her down, and shows the mark she made on his neck with her nails. He cuts her nails for her.

cTFM7Lj.giftw7iSyE.gif

He then gets a call from her mom. He rushes to her house, and finds her sound asleep. He remembers her mom’s dislike of Gae In, and is even nagged about it by Hye Mi.

He gets back home at the Sanggojae, and gets a call from Gae In. She’s worried about his mom not liking her. To ease her worries, he sings to her.

TgRF6Dw.gif

At work at the Dam Art Gallery, Gae In hopes to get a call from Jin Ho, but to her amazement, gets a visit from him instead. She accompanies him in the registration for the design competition.

jFJqqBp.gif

Chang Ryul and his dad see them there. Director Do Bin and In Hee are also there, and she tells Chang Ryul that Teacher Park is the special judge for the competition.

Jin Ho then bids goodbye to Gae In, saying that he won’t be home for a while, since he would be too busy.

UjegBGr.gif

Jin Ho’s team finally gets the eviction notice, so they move to a smaller office. Gae In wants to drop by to cheer them on, but Jin Ho refuses, and tells her to endure a few more days.

9qJym6D.gif

Meanwhile, he continues to work on his Sanggojae project, and orders a shatterproof glass for the basement.

OWZtslZ.gifZVkgMn0.gif

After the glass is installed, he calls Gae In and tells her to meet him at the Sanggojae. He accidentally breaks the glass of the picture frame with Gae In and her mom’s photo, so he goes out to have it replaced. On his way back, he gets a call from Sang Jun, who’s looking for some blueprints for a new project. Sang Jun finds the blueprints, but then accidentally discovers the blueprints of the Sanggojae.

bunMHDJ.gif

Meanwhile, Gae In arrives at the Sanggojae, but does not see Jin Ho there. She instead sees that a glass ceiling of the basement is installed. She goes to the basement, and sees in fact that it has been restored.

Jin Ho’s mom goes to the Sanggojae to have a talk with Gae In. As she pleads Gae In to break up with Jin Ho, Gae In has flashbacks of the tragic memories of the death of her mom. Just as Jin Ho’s mom was leaving, Teacher Park, Gae In’s dad, arrives. He sees his daughter crying. She tells him that she now knows why he hates her so much. That she was the daughter who killed her own mom. She breaks down. Jin Ho arrives and sees this, as he discovers that her dad has finally arrived.

ugxmd92.gif

Comments:

Down to the third to the last episode! I am enjoying the coupley stuff Jin Ho and Gae In are doing. I had a good laugh when he teased Gae In about taking a shower together. He’s so adorable, and now has a sense of humor. Compare that to the old Jin Ho who was uptight and reserved. His character has really evolved a lot, thanks to his uncanny love story with Gae In. They even brought sweetness to a higher level with the park scene. I like seeing Gae In fondly touch Jin Ho’s face, and give him a kiss on his forehead, just like he did to her in the last episode. I think that park scene is just picturesque.

We get more lovey-dovey scenes with him tucking her into bed, her jumping into his arms, him cutting her nails, and him singing her to sleep. Looks like the show’s spoiling us now with all these sweet scenes, for angsty and tense scenes are about to happen in the upcoming inevitable revelations.  

On the blueprint of the Sanggojae, I think Jin Ho is protective and cautious not to exploit it. Just imagine the hurt he’ll cause Gae In when she finds out that he has been using it for his personal gain. At least for me, in this episode, it looks like he has been using it to restore the basement of the Sanggojae. It’s not clear though if he has also been using it for his firm’s work at the Dam Art Gallery. But Sang Jun finding those blueprints, oh no, it smells trouble. Meanwhile, it looks though, that the Sanggojae was originally designed to have more levels than it is actually built. Maybe Teacher Park shelved the project after the tragic death of his wife there.

Poor Jin Ho, he merely wanted to surprise Gae In with the restoration of the glass ceiling of the basement, but all it did was to bring up those tragic memories of her mom’s death. And to make matters worse, it seems like little Gae In pounding on the glass with the toy weights caused the death of her own mom. Hence, the immense trauma it has caused Gae In. I still cringe at the idea of a breakable glass as a floor.

It is interesting how the series of scenes were interplayed towards the end of this episode – the discovery of the Sanggojae blueprints by Sang Jun, the Sanggojae basement getting restored by Jin Ho, whose mom asked Gae In to break up with Jin Ho, while Gae In having flashbacks on the tragic memories on her mom’s death, which made her dad resent her, and now her dad is back at the Sanggojae. It all comes full circle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

PERSONAL TASTE EPISODE 14

Thank you @syntyche for your recap and comments!  I'm glad that you're enjoying this drama.  At the end of the rewatch, I'd like to know how you rank his dramas.  I guess we can all chime in--where the drama ranks and his performance in the drama.  Even though I didn't care for a drama, I still may rank his performance among his best.  I may rethink it rewatching the dramas.  

I think the title I saw on DF "Getting used to my Woman" is more appropriate than how girlfriday from DB translated it.  i hope it is what the writer intended.  The scene with Kae In pretending the toothbrushes represent herself and Jin Ho is pretty cute.  I think this episode will be filled with cute scenes such as the airing out the blankets.  And ugh the head to head scene on the bench is way too cute!:D  hee hee, you can see Jin Ho has a slight smile on his face when Kae In kisses his forehead.  No, why did Sang Jun tell Jin HO's omma that Kae In is making his life difficult?  It's actually Chang Ryul's father and Chang Ryul who are making his life difficult.  Boo In Hee ruining Kae In giggling over the cute photos of Jin Ho.  Kae In is still so nice to In Hee despite how bad In Hee treated her.  Man, Jin Ho just cannot get a break being kicked out of his office.  I wonder how they have money for a new office space.  I also wondered, from the beginning, how Jin Ho can afford a Mercedes SUV?  How does he have money to restore the basement at Sang go jae?  Another question, why didn't Chang Ryul break up with Kae In sooner way before he met In Hee?  I know Jin Ho's omma loves him, but her son is grown man who can make his own decisions.  Is omma really worried about Jin Ho or herself.  Even though Jin Ho meant well, wouldn't he think restoring the basement would bring back bad memories for Kae In?  He saw how she reacted the last time she saw the basement.  The next episode is going to be difficult to watch.

I think, because of watching other dramas, that I would like to see LMH accept a drama on a cable station rather than one of the big 3.  While the ratings may not be great, I now prefer the dramas offered on cable.  I wonder if LMH would accept a drama airing on cable?

• Like 5

LMH in Personal Taste episode 14:

tumblr_p51g11gi8x1w2zf0ho1_1280.png

Spoiler

On 3/2/2018 at 8:35 AM, syntyche said:

Down to the third to the last episode! I am enjoying the coupley stuff Jin Ho and Gae In are doing. I had a good laugh when he teased Gae In about taking a shower together. He’s so adorable, and now has a sense of humor. Compare that to the old Jin Ho who was uptight and reserved. His character has really evolved a lot, thanks to his uncanny love story with Gae In. They even brought sweetness to a higher level with the park scene. I like seeing Gae In fondly touch Jin Ho’s face, and give him a kiss on his forehead, just like he did to her in the last episode. I think that park scene is just picturesque.

We get more lovey-dovey scenes with him tucking her into bed, her jumping into his arms, him cutting her nails, and him singing her to sleep. Looks like the show’s spoiling us now with all these sweet scenes, for angsty and tense scenes are about to happen in the upcoming inevitable revelations.  

On the blueprint of the Sanggojae, I think Jin Ho is protective and cautious not to exploit it. Just imagine the hurt he’ll cause Gae In when she finds out that he has been using it for his personal gain. At least for me, in this episode, it looks like he has been using it to restore the basement of the Sanggojae. It’s not clear though if he has also been using it for his firm’s work at the Dam Art Gallery. But Sang Jun finding those blueprints, oh no, it smells trouble. Meanwhile, it looks though, that the Sanggojae was originally designed to have more levels than it is actually built. Maybe Teacher Park shelved the project after the tragic death of his wife there.

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

The scene with Kae In pretending the toothbrushes represent herself and Jin Ho is pretty cute.  I think this episode will be filled with cute scenes such as the airing out the blankets.  And ugh the head to head scene on the bench is way too cute! :D  hee hee, you can see Jin Ho has a slight smile on his face when Kae In kisses his forehead.

Thanks for your comments!  I enjoyed the sweet moments in this episode because I know that tense moments are ahead.  :(

The heads-on-shoulders scene was sooo enchanting to me because that was the first time I'd ever seen that.  (My life is not romantic enough I guess.)

The story is coming along now.  How will Jin-ho come out of it?  Chang-ryul and In-hee (and even Sang-jun) are causing trouble.  Jin-ho survived the reveal about not being gay.  I don’t fault him at all for that misunderstanding.  The question of Sanggojae and the blueprints hasn’t been answered yet.

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I think, because of watching other dramas, that I would like to see LMH accept a drama on a cable station rather than one of the big 3.  While the ratings may not be great, I now prefer the dramas offered on cable.  I wonder if LMH would accept a drama airing on cable?

I agree, @CarolynH  The networks seem to be re-hashing old ideas, but the cable channels are showing something different and interesting.  Park Hae-soo (Detective Mimi in LOTBS) played an interesting role in Prison Playbook and Lee Min-ki played a quirky character in Because This is My First Life.  For dramas, I would like to see LMH play someone not rich, not perfect, not privileged, not a genius, maybe just ordinary but still heroic.

• Like 4

20180302 Fan account : http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=666542&page=2

(My rough translation is according to Chinese translation by 李敏镐吧网宣.)

006eA78Fly1fozznvnv0ag30bo05pe81.gif

Everyone knows that this scene was shot in an abandoned tunnel.

In this abandoned tunnel, the flying insects and the excrement were not the worst, those who have trachea problems really suffered from the poor air.

006eA78Fly1fozzosk12nj30k00lswfk.jpg

Now the stones are like those because many people walked through there.

But, the stones were like this when the film was shooting.  ↓↓↓

006eA78Fly1fozzplfno8j30k00qoq4y.jpg

Spoiler

006eA78Fly1fozzplg9p1j30l90qojuo.jpg

(When she saw these stones 1 year after GB's screened, she cried. )

Minho crawled on those stones with his arms and "his legs" for 8 hours on the shooting day.

Spoiler

006eA78Fly1fozzrjfwtmj30qo0g1din.jpg

When he finished the filming, his legs were powerless and he almost fell down.   :bawling:

Spoiler

006eA78Fly1fozzs10ud1j30k00nxwfa.jpg

Although he's exhausted, but when he saw fans waiting, he gave them a big laugh.

:heart:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20180302 Fan account : http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=666542&page=2

(My rough translation is according to Chinese translation by 李敏镐吧网宣.)

Thanks for the information. I did not know that. That was a tough scene, physically and mentally acting-wise.. @Gtlmh0622, are you saying that because of GB, more fans are walking through the tunnel and thus smoothing out the stones? :o If so, even a tunnel is attracting fans because of GB and LMH.  LMH is not one to take it easy for his scenes. He wants to do his best.

1louise said for dramas, I would like to see LMH play someone not rich, not perfect, not privileged, not a genius, maybe just ordinary but still heroic. I agree with that something like GB but not a gangster.

Spoiler

PT episode 14, Jinho might be pretty stressed with his work issues but Gae In is keeping him sane and he can withstand the stress . He is getting ideas and he is happy and contented at the same time, resting quietly with Gae in at Sanggoejae, etc. He is not as worried as Sang Jun but he is keeping his ideas in wraps and not sharing with anyone. I think he is looking at the plans of Sanggojae for some ideas but he is not going to use it as a base for his buildings and he is definitely not going to adopt the concept. I think it is more curiosity.

Gae In is his exact opposite so their relationship will be interesting. He is neat as she is messy. He wants to teach her to clean up while she wishes he would do it for her. He loves to do things for her like cut her nails. :lol: but he wants he to pick up after herself too.  The couple and sharing scenes were sweet but at the end leading to something more sombre. Jin Ho wanted to give her a new work space and also help her get closer to the mom she never knew not realizing the tragedy behind it. It is good that she remembers though and work past the trauma.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, CallieP said:

Thanks for the information. I did not know that. That was a tough scene, physically and mentally acting-wise.. @Gtlmh0622, are you saying that because of GB, more fans are walking through the tunnel and thus smoothing out the stones? :o If so, even a tunnel is attracting fans because of GB and LMH.  LMH is not one to take it easy for his scenes. He wants to do his best.

1louise said for dramas, I would like to see LMH play someone not rich, not perfect, not privileged, not a genius, maybe just ordinary but still heroic. I agree with that something like GB but not a gangster.

According to the Chinese translation, it just said many people walked through the tunnel to smooth the stones, didn't mentioned that many people are fans or visitors and why they visited the tunnel. 

And according to a Weibo account yesterday, Lee Min Ho is the most discussed actor in DC public (not LMH Gallery). Not only those hot dramas on aired, but also those dramas on waiting list, many non LMH fans (maybe LMH's drama fans but not Minoz) said : "It would be better if this main actor was LMH." And many people discussed why LMH is better than others.   :tongue: 
(K-Minoz are low profile as LMH, they rarely talked in DC public.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

cr:  as tagged

Apparently, ICE has more videos that she has subbed and will be posting them in YouTube.  

I would like LMH  to portray someone famous in Korean history.  I guess he did that with Choi Young, but maybe this time within the past 50 years.  Maybe a Dr who helped N Korean soldiers, someone who assisted a N Korean defect.  

• Like 6