Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

http://syukakusha.com/2017/05/23/俳優イ・ミンホが福祉活動で兵役を行なう意義と/

My Japanese is not good enough to do the translation of the whole contents, so following is Google translation for a rough refrence :

What is the significance that actor Lee Min-ho carries out military service in welfare activities?

Lee Min-ho who entered the military service as a social service person from May 12th. Initially I planned to work at the ward office in Gangnam (Kannam), but in reality it moved to Mizunishi (Suseo) general social welfare center where I decided to continue working as a social service staff.

The role he plays

In the case of the army, the period of military service is 21 months when becoming active soldiers, but in the case of social service personnel, military service period of 24 months is generally imposed generally.
It will be three months longer than the active soldier, so the return of entertainment industry will be delayed. However, Lee Min-ho can say that military service as a social service staff is the best environment as the body is not perfect because of a serious traffic accident.

The Mizusan Integrated Social Welfare Center, which was supposed to work for Lee Min-ho, is a welfare facility that Gangnam-gu plans, and carries out various welfare services.
For example, doing a free meal service for disadvantaged elderly is one of them. There are circumstances in Korea where the introduction of the pension system is significantly delayed compared to Japan, and many elderly people are not able to receive pension almost.
It is a challenge for the administrative side to conduct various public services to such people, and in the future Lee Min-ho will take on that role as well

Two years to come in contact with welfare close to us

Korean celebrities are very enthusiastic about welfare and often take the initiative in charitable activities against disadvantaged people.
This is also a sign of the Korean "co-spirit" that people who gained fame in society can help people who are disadvantaged.
Such philanthropy is usually done when entertainers can afford in time, but in the case of Lee Min-ho this time, I will concentrate on welfare activities as my work everyday. It is in close contact with welfare to the extent that it is far from comparable.

There is no doubt that it is a hard work. However, such experiences will not only broaden the range of human beings but will also be a big plus for acting as an actor.
Because being in contact with disadvantaged elderly leads to experiencing various lives together. It will also be an opportunity for Lee Min-ho to think about the various problems that society holds close.

Experience with yourself

It is said that it is the most worthwhile for Korean actors to play different characters, not just uniformity.
Certainly, Lee Min-ho has also worked on various roles. However, in the future two years, devoting themselves to welfare activities by themselves leads to experiencing things that can not be imagined by simply continuing actors. This leads to widening the depth as an actor.

Military service also has various forms. There are roads that contribute to strengthening national defense as active soldiers, and there are ways to contribute to the safety of society as a duty police force. Furthermore, there is a way to engage in public work as a social service staff.
In the case of Lee Min-ho, he decided to complete military service through welfare activities.
How does Lee Min-ho change when the military service has ended and returned to the entertainment industry? Welfare activities will be a career to further grow him.

• Like 12

15 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20170523 Minho's off duty :

cr ohaez & beautyaead

Hi gtLmh, wahhh.............this is what I'm waiting for again...................Thanks, dear for all these pictures. No full shot of him - hahaha :tongue: The fans are still there - and I guess that makes LMH happy seeing them.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi gtLmh, wahhh.............this is what I'm waiting for again...................Thanks, dear for all these pictures. No full shot of him - hahaha :tongue: The fans are still there - and I guess that makes LMH happy seeing them.

You are welcome !!

More photos for his on duty 20170524 :

005tygfagy1ffw5gjtt9gj30un1cm1kx.jpg

005tygfagy1ffw5gwkc75j30u61cb1kx.jpg

005tygfagy1ffw5gzqbw0j30uf1b31kx.jpg

cr as tagged

• Like 9

Wow so impressive! PMZ wins Korea's Good Brand Award for the second year in a row! cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

87cd70degy1ffw5dsswelj20qo0zgn0r.jpg

It's not even a major corporation but already distinguished for its social responsibility. Kudos to LMH and Minoz!!! 

Thanks @gtLmh0622 for bringing the trans of his Japanese interview regarding his social welfare job. I also believe that his stint there is a welcome break for him and will surely open his eyes to what else he can do for the lesser among us. I'm so proud of him now and I'm sure I'll be much prouder of him in the future. 

Happy to see him again at his work site. Anyone wondering too as to why he carries 2 phones? Could the other one be for games? :lol:

And lest we forget.....only 717 days to go :wacko:

DAhV_fFXoAEMjAp?format=jpg&name=large

cr as tagged 

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

You are welcome !!

More photos for his on duty 20170524 :

cr as tagged

gtLmh, again, thanks for sharing MORE..................Just keep them coming..............This is for TODAY'S pictures, reporting for work. LMH is really so NICE towards his fans. Even early in the morning he still entertains taking pictures with them.....Aish..........21-months....................Fighting, LMH! :(

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pixie0622 said:

Wow so impressive! PMZ wins Korea's Good Brand Award for the second year in a row! cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's not even a major corporation but already distinguished for its social responsibility. Kudos to LMH and Minoz!!! 

Thanks @gtLmh0622 for bringing the trans of his Japanese interview regarding his social welfare job. I also believe that his stint there is a welcome break for him and will surely open his eyes to what else he can do for the lesser among us. I'm so proud of him now and I'm sure I'll be much prouder of him in the future. 

Happy to see him again at his work site. Anyone wondering too as to why he carries 2 phones? Could the other one be for games? :lol:

And lest we forget.....only 717 days to go :wacko:

cr as tagged 

Hi pixie, actually, I don't wonder & surprised at all - it might be the other one is for personal & other unit is for business calls. Most K-celebs are doing this.....Also, you may be right since he's so fond of playing games on mobile....During 4-week-training I don't think he could bring his own gadgets. Prohibited items are mobile phones, MP3 & jewelries. Military restricts soldiers access to the public even to their family & loved-ones during training, causing concern among military leaders that high military secrets could be leaked. Completely free Internet access is generally not available, given the understandable security concerns. After the four-week basic training is over, the soldiers now are generally free to use the phone after the day's schedule is over. I'm not so sure if public service enlisters are allowed to go home on a daily basis or will be camped. If the latter will apply to him, the Ministry of National Defense will distribute one mobile phone for a group of eight to 10 soldiers in a barrack to share so that they could use it during free periods after working hours or during weekends. For security reasons, the phones will be programmed only to receive calls and will not be smartphones. The military explained that soldiers will be able to send text messages to ask their relatives to call them. As a standard, there’s an army training completion ceremony after (4) weeks of training. There are only a few reasons anyone would miss the ceremony: he's sick and at the army hospital, he failed to pass his training and has to re-do it, or he's in the army detention cells. After training, they'll be given a leave or day-off for some days before they begin their military service. I guess this will also apply for LMH. Wait & see.......... :(

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, more for today :

Reveal hidden contents

7e868a0fgy1ffw8qiyhvbj20yi1pcu0z.jpg

7e868a0fgy1ffw8r2i5sij20yi1pce83.jpg

7e868a0fgy1ffw8qcnp4ej20yi1pce83.jpg

7e868a0fgy1ffw8rqqvk8j20yi1pcqv7.jpg

7e868a0fgy1ffw8rwh8gfj20yi1pcb2b.jpg

cr as tagged

gtLmh, well, despite of his "messy" hair, though this kind of hair is a trend until now - but sans his hairstylist for a moment now.....with this facial mask that we get to see all the time, in my eyes, LMH is still very handsome, very gorgeous.....Looking at his eyes, IDK if I can say he's 'oversleep", tired eyes or sad eyes.............But, whatever I still love to take a look at them from time to time. :lol:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Sorry that Google makes you misunderstanding, this is not his interview. Google loves to use "I" in the translation, but it should be "He" instead of "I" if there is not identity in Korean or Japanese.   :mellow:

More for today :

cr as tagged

gtLmh, finally................I saw the full shots now. NICE, at least we could get to see what color of the rubber shoes/sneakers he's wearing - hahaha. And oh...............he's holding some stuff again from fans. LMH has collected so many things already from his fans from the 1st day of working here. I wonder what were/are these things, huh? It looks like as if everyday he has paper bags with him - all given by fans. They surely love & adore him so much - Well, what is there not to love & adore, huh? :lol::heart: Me, I love this man. I adore this man!

• Like 4