Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho Takes On Double Role For First Time With New Drama

Lee-Min-Ho-800x450.png

Fans can look forward to see a whole new side, actually two new sides, to Lee Min Ho with his upcoming role in SBS’s new drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” (tentative title).

The fantasy romance is centered around a motif from the mermaid/merman story in Korea’s first historical (romance) storybook. In the Joseon-era storybook, it is recorded that real-life figure Kim Dam Nyeong returned mermaids/mermen that were caught by fishermen back to the sea.

Thus Lee Min Ho will act as Kim Dam Nyeong’s son Kim Mu during the Joseon Dynasty and as genius con artist Heo Jun Jae in present day. Both of his characters will experience love with Jun Ji Hyun who will portray a mermaid.

More information has been revealed about his con artist character. Kim Mu is a genius who is able to transform into a variety of roles including a prosecutor, lawyer, doctor, businessman, and more. Fortunately, viewers will be able to see a comedic side to the character as well.

The highly anticipated drama is scheduled to air later this year following the end of “Incarnation of Envy.”

Source (1)

Source http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/12/lee-min-ho-takes-double-role-first-time-new-drama/

• Like 10

Gomawo~yo @Kris Silva What a gorgeous sight to wake up to :wub: That lovely neck never fails to put me in a good mood :P

So uri bb will take on a double role in LotBS! One of which is a Joseon-era nobleman? Umm, I do love Choi Young but... he does look a little too foreign for hanbok.  But hey, I'm loving the little pieces of the plot that they're spilling so far. e3970d78jw1f6rwbtrzi0j20dc0godh1.jpgCan't wait for November!!!

• Like 12

the more updates we get on the drama the more excited I get here :rolleyes: thanks all!

minoz_peace posted on her weibo about what his interview for cine21 was all about, it sure gave us some breathtaking pics and our Minhot's beauty goes beyond that.. with the help of uncle google it roughly translates as the following:

^^^

This interview is mainly about "Bounty Hunters" and the new drama. 
About the new TV series: 1 In the past a long period of time, Min-ho spent a lot of time and effort to prepare for the role Heo Joon Jae. He will try to use a lot of faces to render this character. And he knows his fans expect much of the drama of his work has been a long, long time. 

3 He does not like 30 generations, he hopes to forever be 26 years old. (Honey Narrator: They say you obviously only 3 years old.) LOL :P

About Bounty Hunters:  (A is Minho's answer)

1 is the most difficult to shoot? A: 80% of the shooting were shot in the studio. He likes the cool breeze blowing Shooting outdoors, I do not like to shoot closed. However, many lenses are synthetic. 

2 About dubbing. A: In the beginning, he said, but as the Chinese shooting this process becomes more and more difficult. So he had to find the middle of the shooting and he would sound more like the voice actors. After reading with the sound into the film, he was very surprised at the sound of the voice actors and his own degree of similarity. 

3 Chinese actors and understanding. A: He finally know "know a foreign language is the most important thing." (Honey voiceover: It is best)

4 in Seoul on a special screening of the field. A: if you have friends coming from afar Seoul to play, and you would go out and meet with friends, is not it? It is this idea comes naturally. And that place (of theater) is really close from home so I went out to see the fans  "

^^^

aed82facjw1f6t9i0xzdoj20qo0xctce.jpg

loved his answer to his surprise appearance in Bounty Hunters secret premiere in seoul (that was held only for his minoz) saying that were many who came from out of Seoul and the least he could do is to meet them awww fan-babo minho xD and because his house is close to the theatre? that explains why he showed up wearing the world's most comfy clothes ever! lol 

he has spent lots of time and effort to prepare for the drama, I hope his efforts pay off and show how much he's improved as an actor.. I feel like I've already fallen for Joon Jae ❤️

cr. minoz_peace

Spoiler

aed82facjw1f6t9hotz5nj20j70nzgoi.jpg

aed82facjw1f6t9hrpzhjj20qo0z9djp.jpg

aed82facjw1f6t9k1k863j20qo0ybn4f.jpg

aed82facjw1f6t9k40g58j20qo0zhn5q.jpg

aed82facjw1f6t9k6dd6qj20qo0zrn5f.jpg

aed82facjw1f6t9ib3htoj21400oqk1a.jpg

aed82facjw1f6t9ikrvtij21400p94b0.jpg

aed82facjw1f6t9iwuep2j21400ovk4u.jpg

• Like 11

Lee Min Ho Launches Charitable Campaign Transparent Umbrella Project to Prevent Rainy Day Youth Accidents

Posted on August 14, 2016 by ockoala

rosl.png

I never question or behoove a star using his or her influence and popularity to give back to society no matter what cause. A good deed is a good deed, except in this case Lee Min Ho is highlighting a cause I never once thought was even a cause, i.e. this was actually a widespread issue. Min Ho-sshi launched the Transparent Umbrella Project last week with the aim to fund the giving of 2,500 transparent umbrellas for school aged children. Within 10 hours his request got over 2 million heart responses from fans and readers so he’s following through and donating the transparent umbrellas to be used so as to decrease the odds of school kids dying in traffic accidents during rainy days because they can’t see under their umbrellas. Lee Min Ho himself was in a serious car accident ten years ago in 2006 so this cause is personal to him, and for that it’s notable that he’s taking such a proactive and laudable effort.

rosl.jpg

osl1.png

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/08/14/lee-min-ho-launches-charitable-campaign-transparent-umbrella-project-to-prevent-rainy-day-youth-accidents/

• Like 7

Cross Gene’s Shin And Lee Hee Joon Join Cast Of Lee Min Ho’s Upcoming Drama

cross-gene-shin-lee-hee-joon-800x449.jpg

According to reports, “Legend of the Blue Sea” (unofficial title), starring Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, has confirmed two more actors for the cast: Lee Hee Joon and Cross Gene’s Shin.

A report by OSEN states that Shin will be playing the role of a genius hacker named Tae Oh, while Lee Hee Joon plays an important supporting character that’s close to Lee Min Ho.

“Legend of the Blue Sea” is written by Park Ji Eun, the writer of “My Love From the Star,” and is a fantasy romance that takes the motif of the mermaid story from Korea’s first historical storybook.

Thanks to Natsuki for the tip!

Cr soompi

• Like 8

I'm salivating over some of the PMZ stuff. Hope to find some of these over here. At KCon, Carolyn and I fervently looked for LMH merch (as in anything!) and all we found was his SFY album (we have it on iTunes already). We spent some time ransacking the socks section but LMH socks were all sold out! There are some stores in LA that sell K-pop stuff so I hope PMZ people find a way to sell them here. 

@Latifah_ Thanks Chingu for sharing part of his Cine21 interview. He's fan-babo indeed which is why we love him so :P

These are amazing Minoz art  :wub:

5fe387c1gw1f6ti9bn0n5j20og0jiwgq.jpg

e3970d78jw1f6uqreuw98j208w0amgmj.jpg

e3970d78jw1f6uqr92qfzj20fa09q0tb.jpg

Awesome Minoz-imagining! November palli-palli! 

cr as tagged 

• Like 9

The Legend of the Blue Sea reveals first-ever dual role for Lee Min Ho

446069f6-1a32-43a0-8250-ca9b9b37def4.jpg

For the first time, Lee Min Ho will be playing a double role in the highly anticipated Legend of the Blue Sea that bridges the Joseon Kingdom and modern-day Korea. Find out more!

The production team is starting to drop more and more information about the new fantasy drama, and viewers' interest is raised again in the latest revelation about Lee Min Ho's new role in the story inspired by a classic Joseon legend about a fisherman who captures and releases a mermaid.

Lee Min Ho will play Kim Moon, a son from a noble family in the Joseon era, when the mermaid Shim Chung (Jeon Ji Hyun) is first captured and released. He will also play Heo Joon Jae, a modern-day con artist who scams under different disguises, such as a lawyer, doctor, businessman, and more. The production is promising that he will show off his comedic side through each of his disguises. 

(I take it that we'll also see fashionable looks for our handsome leading man, be it in Joseon or modern Korea.)

It'll be the first time that Lee Min Ho plays two characters in different eras in the same drama. Previously, in historical romance drama Faith, he played a warrior who traveled from the past to the present in the early part of the story, and he maintained the same character throughout the the drama.

The mermaid apparently shows up in Seoul to live as a human and runs into the professional scammer. Fans are excited just thinking about this pair's possible encounters. 

As filming begins, Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun are traveling to Palau and Spain to hopefully give us beautiful shots against the clear blue waters in those exotic locations.

The story is penned by writer Park Ji Eun (My Love From Another Star), who wrote the new drama with the two leading stars in mind, and the drama is directed by Jin Hyuk (City HunterThe Master's Sun.) 

Casting is still furiously underway. So far, the other confirmed actors include: Lee Ji Hoon (Mirror of the Witch), Shin Hye Sun (Oh My Ghostess), Moon So Ri, Lee Hee Joon, and Nah Young Hee, with the latest addition being singer-actor Shin Won Ho

The new fantasy drama will go on air in November.

I can't wait. How about you?

Cr dramafever, Nancy Z

https://www.dramafever.com/news/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-reveals-first-ever-dual-role-for-lee-min-ho/

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, pixie0622 said:

Cine 21 releases HDs! 

:wub:

JUST. WOW. :blink:

via Minoz Chile

The website : http://m.cine21.com/news/view/?mag_id=84936

The first question : Beyond Korean dramas, you got recognition as a movie actor into Chinese movie market.
LMH : How much is the brand "Lee Min Ho" worth ? It seemed that there was a positive answer, very happy ! Comparison to a talented actor, the image of a Hallyu star is more profound, to me, that is kind of burden.  BH is the recognition what results I can produce as a movie actor.

Our bb always try hard to be a talented actor, indeed he has been a very talented actor already, keep on fighting !!
[心][心][心]

* Translation is according to Chinese translation :      cr 李敏镐吧网宣

Spoiler

006eA78Fjw1f6uj7zfst0j30c81zkdz0.jpg

• Like 9

On 8/13/2016 at 6:40 PM, MyHun said:

Lee Min Ho Takes On Double Role For First Time With New Drama

Fans can look forward to see a whole new side, actually two new sides, to Lee Min Ho with his upcoming role in SBS’s new drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” (tentative title).

The fantasy romance is centered around a motif from the mermaid/merman story in Korea’s first historical (romance) storybook. In the Joseon-era storybook, it is recorded that real-life figure Kim Dam Nyeong returned mermaids/mermen that were caught by fishermen back to the sea.

Thus Lee Min Ho will act as Kim Dam Nyeong’s son Kim Mu during the Joseon Dynasty and as genius con artist Heo Jun Jae in present day. Both of his characters will experience love with Jun Ji Hyun who will portray a mermaid.

More information has been revealed about his con artist character. Kim Mu is a genius who is able to transform into a variety of roles including a prosecutor, lawyer, doctor, businessman, and more. Fortunately, viewers will be able to see a comedic side to the character as well.

The highly anticipated drama is scheduled to air later this year following the end of “Incarnation of Envy.”

Source (1)

Source http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/12/lee-min-ho-takes-double-role-first-time-new-drama/

Hi MyHun, thanks for sharing this. For the first time, LMH will be playing a double role in the highly anticipated drama. It'll be the first time that he plays (2) characters in different eras in the same drama. I'm excited just thinking about this. I'm happy that the production team is starting to drop more and more information about the new drama. So, I'm curious about his looks between Joseon and modern one. For sure we could get to see a fashionable looks. And I guess casting is still underway, with the latest addition of singer-actor Shin Won Ho. Can't wait for November. :P

• Like 6

My 2nd year anniversary on this thread!  I can't believe that I have been following LMH for 2 years (actually a little more than 2 years since I lurked for a couple of months).  I still cannot put into words the reason(s) why I find him so intriguing.  Recently, I have found his shyness really attractive.  Isn't he just so cute when he gets embarrassed?:heart:

• Like 9