Digital Perm!

hanie

Guest SeLcaQueen

^I think mine took only 2 to 2.5 hours.

helloow ! I have a question too ^_^

I just wanna know if, after you had a perm,

do you think your hair will go back to straight?

as in STRAIGHT straight? Since I have straight hair...

Im just worried if it'll turn into a light wavy hair..

instead of straight straight :] thanks ! x

If you cut the wavy/curly part, then I guess yes because the hair that grows is straight.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xindi

Hey everyone! Do digital perms make your hair smell after you get them?

LOL cuz I want to get it done this weekend for a $150 package special for wash, cut, and perm :o (such a good deal!) but I have school still.. I don't want to go to class with the smell of chemicals in my hair LOL

Guest Vivioones

is it safe to dye and perm your hair???

i'm not taking about all in the same day but is it safe to perm color-treated hair?

how long should you wait between coloring and perming your hair?

i want to dye and perm my hair, any advice would help thanks =]

Guest hkukaudition

i'm not taking about all in the same day but is it safe to perm color-treated hair?

I think as long as possible is best.. but the minimum should be something like a 1 month i think. I think thats what i heard someone else say. I had it done within a week- which was EXTREMELY damaging. I had extra treatment on my hair to make it less damaging, but when the perm and everything wore off after 1 year, you could see the effects of it and the ends of my hair were awful and the hair that was dyed was so so dry. Thankfully once i got it cut off and i started using my hair masks my hair is back to normal ^_^

Next time im not going to dye it though.

for those of you with thick very straight Asian hair (which I do), you might have to do it 2x to get a good curl

this has happened to me a couple of times already, looks nice and wavy in the salon and the next day, just falls flat and straight again. of course the salon has to re-perm your hair at no charge

the good thing is, since you've now permed it twice, it lasts a very long time, almost a year (and if you do digital steam perm, it doesnt really damage your hair either)

re: MissLove - yes, it goes back to straight straight! (the hair that grows from your roots)

Mine wasnt like that at all! I have very thick straight hair (and Lots of it!) but i only had it done once and when i came out the salon, it was about 7 so i washed my hair before bed at around 9ish and it was still as curly as ever and lasted me 1 year.

I had tightish curls though rather than just waves.. so that could be why ^_^

Guest Vivioones

I think as long as possible is best.. but the minimum should be something like a 1 month i think. I think thats what i heard someone else say. I had it done within a week- which was EXTREMELY damaging. I had extra treatment on my hair to make it less damaging, but when the perm and everything wore off after 1 year, you could see the effects of it and the ends of my hair were awful and the hair that was dyed was so so dry. Thankfully once i got it cut off and i started using my hair masks my hair is back to normal ^_^

Next time im not going to dye it though.

aww i see =[.

thanks for the advice. i might just do one or the other.

Guest xindi

Hi again everyone!! sorry I keep coming back with questions haha D:

What kind of shampoo/conditioner do you girls use after getting the perm? I was watching a YT video on maintaining a perm and apparently it's really important to change your hair care routine to maintain the perm. I have nooo idea what products are for digiperms though x_x

Guest 320929

^Oh, when I got my first perm a few years ago at a Japanese salon downtown, I asked my hair stylist about that too. She recommended me this Japanese brand shampoo and cream for newly permed/dyed hair. They were around like $25-30 total. The products made my hair shiner and softer than before and easy to manage without ruining the locks, so after that whenever I got a perm, I always changed my hair routine to be on the safe side. But she also told me it isn't mandatory to change my shampoo and etc. I just have to be careful not ruining the curls. But yeah, you can just ask them, they'll usually tell you what's best.

Btw, my hair smelt really good actually, but it was probably due to the cream she recommended me, it had a sweet fragrance, which stayed in my hair the whole day after I used it. The cream is suppose to secure your curls and give it some shine and it smelt nice too :).

I dye my hair Ash Brown and got a perm on the same day, but I haven't dyed my hair for 4 months that time. Oh. and before I got my hair permed, they did a special treatment for me, so it wasn't particularity damaging for me. But then again, I never had any major damages to my hair =/. My hair actually felt really soft and had a nice shine after wards.

Guest StellarEffect

QUOTE (SeLcaQueen @ May 25 2010, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Your hair looks uber thick. Is it?? Or it's just the way you styled your hair?
Yes, I have naturally thick hair. I also use a lot of products to give it volume so that adds effect.

Guest lukicocopuffs

I have a question. I have really curly hair naturally, but I find my curls to be too tight for my liking. Also, when it dries, it's always a hit or miss. it either dries relatively nice or its a huge frizzy mess. Does anyone know if its okay to get a digital perm (loose waves) on naturally really curly hair?

Guest SeLcaQueen

Yes, I have naturally thick hair. I also use a lot of products to give it volume so that adds effect.

May I ask what products do you use? My hair needs more volume. :(

Guest MissLOVE.x

thanks for the people that answered ! :]

I might as well get a digital perm now xD

since Im on holiday, ahahaha,

but I heard at first you hair is super tightly curled..

then it gets looser, is that right? :] x

Guest Mui Mui1430273568

What shampoo does everyone use for their digital perms? I'm not using any special shampoo right now. I had a cold perm and I used Wash & Curl when I wanted my curls to be really tight- & it really works.

Any recommendations so I can keep my perm in as long as possible?

thanks!

-Dianne

Guest SeLcaQueen

thanks for the people that answered ! :]

I might as well get a digital perm now xD

since Im on holiday, ahahaha,

but I heard at first you hair is super tightly curled..

then it gets looser, is that right? :] x

Yes, that's right. But I think if you get big or large curls then they aren't tightly curled. Not sure though since I haven't gotten them. I've always had medium curls.

Guest littleblackwings

I'm having a super spazz attack of happiness because I just found a salon in south Florida that does digital perms!! Now I just have to wait for my hair to grow out. :P

Guest ltdecuir

So I got my digital perm today.

Here is what my hair looked like before I got it:

picture94o.th.jpg

And than after when I got the digital perm (sorry for the bad quality... my webcam sucks and I can't find my card reader to upload pictures from my regular camera):

picture100n.th.jpg

picture96i.th.jpg

picture99r.th.jpg

picture97n.th.jpg

picture100b.th.jpg

They look much better than what the picture shows because you can't really see the strands of curls. I'm satisfied with my perm.

The process took about 1.5 hours and my hair has a slight smell to it, but not that strong. My stylist, Akemi from Junko Hair Salon in Atlanta, GA, recommended twisting my hair around my finger after I finish showering and just blow drying the top of my hair (where there isn't curl).

I am hoping that tomorrow my hair would look less "new" and more natural, haha, but I doubt that. We'll see in a couple of months.

-Linna

Guest StellarEffect

QUOTE (SeLcaQueen @ May 28 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>May I ask what products do you use? My hair needs more volume. image
Of course. I've been adding CHI's Volume Booster when my hair is still a bit damp, blowdrying upside down, and then finally spraying Big Sexy Hair all over my hair to finish off.

Guest xindi

thanks for your help everyone who answered~ :D

I might be back here in July or so with pictures.. wahaha :3

Guest SeLcaQueen

Of course. I've been adding CHI's Volume Booster when my hair is still a bit damp, blowdrying upside down, and then finally spraying Big Sexy Hair all over my hair to finish off.

Thanks! :)

Archived