Digital Perm!

hanie

Guest hot_saranghae

ah yeah....water wave perm.....

I think that's it.....hm....I wonder if my local korean salon here in Atlanta can do it......

I guess I gotta call and ask.....

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SeLcaQueen

agree.....I had my hair dyed and permed in the same day before....and it damaged my hair a lot...

after that one time, I only get my hair permed occasionally and it wasn't as bad^^...so it really does make a difference....

I currently have a normal perm...and I've had it on and off for the past few years....

but I reallie wanna try a setting perm now.....my hair-stylist also recommended it to me today as I was getting a trim...

but my hair isn't tt long yet....

and I was wondering if setting perm would make the hair too curly? cuz I prefer waves....

I've been wanting waves tt kinda goes down instead of curls tho.....like han hyojoo and tiffany's pictures below....

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7020/tiffanyyi.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6034/hyojoo.jpg

so like the wave flows from the top to bottom...instead of curling...I wonder what kind of perm I should get to have tt effect...

I've seen some korean classmates and ppl on the street spotting the hairstyle too......

When I had a haircut in a Korean Salon last Feb., the hairstylist told me that Setting perm is better than digital perm. But he couldn't really explain to me what's the difference between the two because of language barrier. He knows very little English. :(

That pic of Tiffany, is that during her Gee days? Because I also planned on having the same hairstyle.

But I saw a pic of this girl with long hair and very beautiful curls so I changed my mind.

Guest hot_saranghae

Yes. It's during her Gee days...

I really want that kind of perm....hahahaha

but I gotta ask if my korean stylist can do it....

somehow korean stylists like to recommend the setting perm instead of the digital one....

I wonder why......

*edit*

just wondering...I normally go to Park Jun's beauty lab in atlanta

anybody knows if they do the water-wave perm?

it's kinda difficult to ask them abt detailed things like tt...cuz most of them dun speak english >.<

I speak and understand a little korean.....but my hair-related vocabulary is reallie bad....LOL

Guest SeLcaQueen

^ There's also a Park Jun here in the Philippines.

I didn't know they're international.

But Park Jun is prolly the most expensive among the Korean Salons here.

Guest blackhabit

im always scared of perms.. so many fail stylists here where I live...anyone know anyone decent in the san jose, ca area? loll

Guest meringue

starrie : A digital perm would be able to achieve that hairstyle...... 8 months later, lol. Because that's when your digital perm is almost disappearing and your hair is going back to straight. That hairstyle you want is very loosely curled and it's achieved by using a curling iron and only curling the ends. I've seen hair tutorials for this kind of hairstyle so many times and they always use a curling iron. Don't waste your money on a digital perm if that's the hairstyle you want. Just use a curling iron.

Guest hot_saranghae

^ There's also a Park Jun here in the Philippines.

I didn't know they're international.

But Park Jun is prolly the most expensive among the Korean Salons here.

yes...apparently there are also a few park jun salons here in USA...not just in atlanta^^

over here they are actually not expensive at all~~ the same as every other korean salon and cheaper than local american salons^^~

Guest Tofu_Cloud

Since I have asked about Yuri's waves, and apparently they're impossible, I was wondering if anyone could provide pictures as to what kind of waves would be possible with digital perming.

if u want digital perming its gotta be tighter coils.. even tho ppl stated "wave" its more of a curl. The wave your looking for is super loose and natural, that cant be performed with digital. I wanted that kind hair tooo...... thats why i decided not to do

digital cuz its to "wavy" for my taste and looks kinda messy.

Guest s_umire

I know you guys say that having layered hair's better, but I'm just wondering whether it'd still be okay if your hair is really thick in addition to being very, very layered? Excited for a digi!perm, but should I just grow it out more? Shortest hair [which isn't part of bangs] is around my chin, and the longest is the very middle of my back.

Guest meringue

I know you guys say that having layered hair's better, but I'm just wondering whether it'd still be okay if your hair is really thick in addition to being very, very layered? Excited for a digi!perm, but should I just grow it out more? Shortest hair [which isn't part of bangs] is around my chin, and the longest is the very middle of my back.

I definitely think you should grow out your hair just to be on the safe side because they're going to cut your hair before the perm anyways. Just wait until the shortest layers of your hair are a few inches past your chin. It shouldn't take long to grow.

Guest rieleva

hi! after i saw the pictures, some of the discussions in this thread i also want to have my hair perm.... but i have a question(since the only thing i do in the salon is to get my hair cut or have a bangs. :D )... what's the difference of a normal, regular or digital perm? ill have my hair permed at Tony and Jackey in Alabang. or there are other salons who perm hair better than T&J here in the philippines??

my hair is only shoulder length and right now i cant wait to have my hair grow a little MORE inch to get a perm... i already get the permission from my mom. :D .... oh! and another thing... after i get my hair perm.. i will just have to apply mousse on it? or are there other ways?

many thanks

Guest hkukaudition

I had a digital perm a few years ago in HK and it was really really lovely.. it took ages but the results were amazing ! ^^

My cousin went to China to get it done though and she came out with an afro... O_O You have to be careful where you go and what you ask for - the place i went to had loads of young guys who knew exactly the type of style i was looking for and so it came out really nice..

< My display pic is about 6 months after i had it permed and you can still see its still curly.

My mum had it permed aswell but at a different place that i went to and because mum brushed her hair all the time.. the curls kept on turning to frizz and it looked awful.. you have to really take care of your hair and style it so that i looks good - otherwise it looks terrible.

I am getting a digital perm when i go back to HK this year - straight is so boring on me! ^_^

There are some places that say you have to wait likea few days before you can wash your hair - i would avoid these places.. the place i went to told me i could wash my hair as soon as i got home if i wanted to... they said that the places that use stuff that has to be in for a few days is really bad for your hair and usually wont last as long.

And to style your hair - if you cant be bothered its fine to just wake up in the morning wet your hair a little and just curl it round your fingers, but if you used clay or something like that.. it just makes your hair hold longer and look more defined.

Guest blahblah.

Is there different sizes for digital perm? Like big curlers or small curlers which gives tighter curls?

I want big curls but not too curly, kinda more wavy. Kinda like Rainie''s on the 1st page but a bit curlier.

Guest SeLcaQueen

Is there different sizes for digital perm? Like big curlers or small curlers which gives tighter curls?

I want big curls but not too curly, kinda more wavy. Kinda like Rainie''s on the 1st page but a bit curlier.

There's small, medium, and large/big.

Guest foreverkayy

hey you guys~!

i had a digital perm like a month ago..now its gone :[...

i had it since like oct/nov , and cut my hair in like april.

I really liked it, and it was really easy to take care of.

I think i just came out of the shower, brushed out my bangs, and pretty much scrunched like crazy. LOL but it wasn't hard, because trust me, i am NOT a hair person.

But i think mine didn't last long, because i was like not aware of what to do? haha. It just kind of got really messy looking.

Mine was around, like $150- 170? ><.

Honestly, it was really pretty, but i don't think i'd get it again...unless i can get it cheap :]

hope i helped~!

Guest waterlilies

what do you guys do when your hair grows out? my perm is growing out (the top part is below my ears) and my hair is now waist length. I need a haircut!! any suggestions on things i can do so when i get a haircut the nonpermed/permed parts dont look weird?

Guest xindi

There's small, medium, and large/big.

Anyone have any pictures as examples for each size barrel for digital perm? :) thankss

Guest blush

Hey guyss

I'm wondering can digital perms give you loose beach waves? That's all I really want LOL

IMG_7171.JPG

ashleytisdalehairstyles_longbeachwaves.jpg

summer.jpg

All I've seen from this thread are nice curls but I want just really loose waves. Is that achievable? Does it depend on the place or do they have options?

& if you get it permed, is it still possible to curl it to different-looking curls?

thank youu!! (:

OHHH and one last question: should i dye my hair before or after? should i dye it at all..? LOL

Guest torz

Hey

Im new, but have been waiting to get a dig perm...both my sister and i. She has longer hair so it would look great on her. My hair is on my colar bone...i have searched the net for some pix just to see how it would look on that length. But i cant find any. Does anyone have the same hair length that has done the perm have any pix? Also when u do the digital perm does ur hair strink much? if so how much?

thanks

Archived