Digital Perm!

hanie

Guest R~Ny Luv K-Pop

i just got digital perm last saturdaym and now already 3days ago after i permed, and the bad news is its loosed lot.. arrgh unsatisfied... before i got perm, i got smoothing my hair and i smoothed my hair a year ago, is it effect of my perm lossed so fast after i permed? and for perm, just use finger for brush it??

thx for information

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dorkhead

I had a digital perm and it would've lasted over a year but at around the 1year mark I decided I wanted chin length hair. I miss my long hair and perm so much. I shall grow my hair back for another one.

I had big loose curls and I would twist them into 2 curls. :lol: They were done from about ear length onwards and my hair was boob length when I had them done. Costed me 350RM Cheap <3

With the perm I stopped brushing/combing my hair LMAO! the static was soo annoying @_@ Anyway this is a photo of it, I barely have any photos of my hair >< *saddd* photo here

p.s I didn't fix the left side in this pic so just imagine the right side on the left aswell =x sorry they're hair bad pics ><

youre curls are lovely! not too thight

how long was the smaller photo taken after getting the curls and where did you got them?

Guest hkukaudition

i just got digital perm last saturdaym and now already 3days ago after i permed, and the bad news is its loosed lot.. arrgh unsatisfied... before i got perm, i got smoothing my hair and i smoothed my hair a year ago, is it effect of my perm lossed so fast after i permed? and for perm, just use finger for brush it??

thx for information

wah~ it loosened a bit quickly! Beforei got mine, i had it smoothed aswell but my hair didnt start loosening until at least 6 months later.

I rarely brushed my hair when i had my hair permed because it makes the hair seperate and frizzy, instead i used my fingers and twirled sections of my hair around it and then put some wax/clay in the top to give it a natural and elegant kinda look...

Im quite surprised how short your perm lasted though... i dont think that sounds like a good sign..? O_O

Hey guyss

I'm wondering can digital perms give you loose beach waves? That's all I really want LOL

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q3QlB4vcGEM/SdBu...00/IMG_7171.JPG

http://static.becomegorgeous.com/gallery/p...gbeachwaves.jpg

http://thehautelist.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/summer.jpg

All I've seen from this thread are nice curls but I want just really loose waves. Is that achievable? Does it depend on the place or do they have options?

& if you get it permed, is it still possible to curl it to different-looking curls?

thank youu!! (:

OHHH and one last question: should i dye my hair before or after? should i dye it at all..? LOL

Loose waves are achievable... but they wont last very long.. if what you want is those in the pictures.. its probably best to just do it with curling irons.. or if you are a follower of bubzbeauty on youtube.. she has a great tutorial on how to create curls just like that.

Yes you can get different looking curls.. its best to style the hair when its wet or damp and then you can just style it however you want.

If you want to dye your hair, i would advise you do it at least a month before you get it permed because getting them both at the same/close time is EXTREMELY damaging to your hair.

Or better yet, don't get it dyed! I had it dyed when i had my perm before but next time i think i will keep it black... i prefer the more natural elegant curls look ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Can a digital perm be done on an African American (Black People) hair?

My hair is naturally wavy i was considering getting a digital perm

these days i use no heat on my hair and take good care of it and its silky and shiny

The Korean hair stylist who i talked with told me that it would work because my hair is already wavy and this is healthier than a straight perm

has any one heard of or got a perm who has medium texture hair?

Also what is the recommend hair length so the perm looks good ?

Guest StellarEffect

blush - I have loose/wavy curls. I actually got the spiral perm done with BIG curlers which I'm not sure is available in most salons, but I did a little research and found that this was available at an American salon in DC. I'm able to loosen/tighten the curls depending on how much product I use, and I guess it kind of looks like I came back from the beach when it's wet, heh.

This is what it looks like right now:

Guest itiffanyxd

blush - I have loose/wavy curls. I actually got the spiral perm done with BIG curlers which I'm not sure is available in most salons, but I did a little research and found that this was available at an American salon in DC. I'm able to loosen/tighten the curls depending on how much product I use, and I guess it kind of looks like I came back from the beach when it's wet, heh.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3346/463010..._bab76ed6d6.jpg

omgawdd that looks really really nice. i was planning on digi perming my hair and my friends were like star front your ear or your chin and im like no wayyy i wanna make it look authentic and start from the top of my head lol.

wow yours came our really nice though! how long has it been since you permed it? where di you get yours done in dc? and how much was it? i might be inticed to take a bus ride to dc just to get it done ;x

does anyone know of a good place in ny that will do it nicely for a good price?

my friend and i went to get a digital perm yesterday and we both asked for loose curls. after looking through other people's reviews of their digital perms, i was expecting really curly hair when we were done but it wasn't that way at all. now im worried that it'll fall out in a few days or something since people said the curls really loosened after a few days. any one else had the same problem? 29148_1279247981303_1233120661_31260686_3539453_n.jpg

Guest SeLcaQueen

my friend and i went to get a digital perm yesterday and we both asked for loose curls. after looking through other people's reviews of their digital perms, i was expecting really curly hair when we were done but it wasn't that way at all. now im worried that it'll fall out in a few days or something since people said the curls really loosened after a few days. any one else had the same problem? http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs351.snc3/2...6_3539453_n.jpg

That's probably the reason why I've always been discouraged by hairstylists not to get big curls when having my hair permed. They always tell me that the curls will loose easily, sometimes as fast as one week.

Guest hkukaudition

my friend and i went to get a digital perm yesterday and we both asked for loose curls. after looking through other people's reviews of their digital perms, i was expecting really curly hair when we were done but it wasn't that way at all. now im worried that it'll fall out in a few days or something since people said the curls really loosened after a few days. any one else had the same problem? ]http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs351.snc3/29148_1279247981303_1233120661_31260686_3539453_n.jpg[

My curls were a lot tighter than yours, but if you wet your hair and curl the hair around your fingers or scruch it, the curls should be a bit tighter... like when you style it and stuff.

As to whether it will come out or not.. it depends on the type of stuff your hairdressers used. Some of the loose curls can stay in for ages and some will go out straight away- just make sure to maintain the curls by styling and scruching or twirling/twisting everyday so it doesnt loose its curliness, and don't straighten your hair because that will make it go away quicker.

Guest StellarEffect

QUOTE (itiffanyxd @ May 23 2010, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>omgawdd that looks really really nice. i was planning on digi perming my hair and my friends were like star front your ear or your chin and im like no wayyy i wanna make it look authentic and start from the top of my head lol.

wow yours came our really nice though! how long has it been since you permed it? where di you get yours done in dc? and how much was it? i might be inticed to take a bus ride to dc just to get it done ;x

does anyone know of a good place in ny that will do it nicely for a good price?
Thank you! I went to the salon, and they told me the same thing your friend told you. According to them, it looks "unnatural" if you start from the top of your head =/.

It's been about a month and a half to two months since I've permed it. I initially HATED my hair when the curls were too tight, but this only lasted around a week. After a week of showering, the curls loosened, and my hair's been looking like this for about a month now.

Are you familiar with the DC area? The name of the place was VSL Hair Design and it's in Dupont Circle. I think the price was around $120.

Guest Mui Mui1430273568

So this is my digital perm I got in Chinatown Houston on Saturday @ 22 Hair Salon on Bellaire. I really LOVE it!

I'm not sure how it's going to look after it loosens up, but I just washed it today and the curls haven't fallen out or anything. ^_^

28703_556900690196_80500716_32367900_5065116_n.jpg

28703_556931663126_80500716_32369140_2282510_n.jpg

Guest SeLcaQueen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3346/463010..._bab76ed6d6.jpg

Your hair looks uber thick. Is it?? Or it's just the way you styled your hair?

Guest hkukaudition

So this is my digital perm I got in Chinatown Houston on Saturday @ 22 Hair Salon on Bellaire. I really LOVE it!

I'm not sure how it's going to look after it loosens up, but I just washed it today and the curls haven't fallen out or anything. ^_^

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...0_5065116_n.jpg

\http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs302.snc3/28703_556931663126_80500716_32369140_2282510_n.jpg

Wah~ Your hair looks really nice like that^_^ and you look really pretty =)

I cant wait to get my hair permed again.. im so sick of my straight hair now >_<

Guest kyandi

A question for those of you who've had perms done before: in time, does your hair revert back to its previous state? I know that the curls straighten out eventually, but does it straighten out completely?

Guest SeLcaQueen

A question for those of you who've had perms done before: in time, does your hair revert back to its previous state? I know that the curls straighten out eventually, but does it straighten out completely?

In my case no because after a year I get it permed again. But after a year the curls are much more loose, more like wavy.

Guest hkukaudition

In my case no because after a year I get it permed again. But after a year the curls are much more loose, more like wavy.

Same here, mine were still kinda wavy ish but not curls.... and that was after a whole year.

Guest MissLOVE.x

helloow ! I have a question too ^_^

I just wanna know if, after you had a perm,

do you think your hair will go back to straight?

as in STRAIGHT straight? Since I have straight hair...

Im just worried if it'll turn into a light wavy hair..

instead of straight straight :] thanks ! x

Guest gwendolise

for those of you with thick very straight Asian hair (which I do), you might have to do it 2x to get a good curl

this has happened to me a couple of times already, looks nice and wavy in the salon and the next day, just falls flat and straight again. of course the salon has to re-perm your hair at no charge

the good thing is, since you've now permed it twice, it lasts a very long time, almost a year (and if you do digital steam perm, it doesnt really damage your hair either)

re: MissLove - yes, it goes back to straight straight! (the hair that grows from your roots)

Guest Mui Mui1430273568

Wah~ Your hair looks really nice like that^_^ and you look really pretty =)

I cant wait to get my hair permed again.. im so sick of my straight hair now >_<

@ hkukaudition:

Thanks! I really love it right now! it took a very long time! 4.5 hours but it was SO WORTH it!

do you put anything in your hair when styling?

Guest hkukaudition

@ hkukaudition:

Thanks! I really love it right now! it took a very long time! 4.5 hours but it was SO WORTH it!

do you put anything in your hair when styling?

I used to put some korean hair gel that i got from the place that permed my hair but i have no idea what it was called ^_^

Yeah it takes AGES to perm doesn't it? I was there from like after noon until it had turned dark outside! >_< It was ok though.. i had lots of cute HK guys to chat with in there so it was worth while ^_~ hehe

Archived