Gatsby Moving Rubber Hair Wax

Guest t.luu

Guest its_nano

if anybody lives in houston, they sell it at the hong kong city mall for five dollars! :D

edit;; OMGOSHOMGOSH FIRST ON THE PAGE YAY! <3

aww serious? i need to drop by there next time i visit!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest harajukuHYPE

yeah i heard someone wanted a before and after picture. This is with the grey moving rubber, Grunge Mat.

im kind of a noob to this moving rubber, but i guess this is better than not knowing at all:

(Sorry the before pic doesnt really show my hair that well, i didnt have any current pictures without wax in)

Before.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

yeah, i think i could do it better, but im just new at those twisting techniques and what not. T_T.

Guest shootingstarz

^

imo i think its a little bit messy and dirty looking. but i know how hard it is using it the first time.

i like the green than the grey one. it works better with medium/long hair.

Guest duksiew

I think i like the pink and grey the most...but id like to know, have any girls here used the green, i remember hearing that some girls actually use the green moving rubber, true?

Guest harajukuHYPE

^

imo i think its a little bit messy and dirty looking. but i know how hard it is using it the first time.

i like the green than the grey one. it works better with medium/long hair.

ahh yeah i know it was my first time, and all i had to help me was some gatsby videos on youtube.

but thanks for the constructive criticism.

Guest shootingstarz

ahh yeah i know it was my first time, and all i had to help me was some gatsby videos on youtube.

but thanks for the constructive criticism.

np, next time try to use less gatsby and less twisting. it would look cleaner and nicer^^;

Guest MUGETSU

^^^^ to the post with the pics...

Looks good...how much did you use though? Or did you just like ... use the wax only on the clumps?

Guest **windi/hongy**

does anyone know which store in aberdeen center, richmond has gatsby? :sweatingbullets: sorry for such a lame question but haven't been there in ages T.T

Guest wisdom32

does anyone know that mandom just added two new product to their moving rubber line ? i had just found out. Its Yellow and Black. Now its 8 of them all... The black moving rubber seems cool. Im not sure whether its even out yet... check out their website :rolleyes:

Guest BAZAIYOO~

does anyone know that mandom just added two new product to their moving rubber line ? i had just found out. Its Yellow and Black. Now its 8 of them all... The black moving rubber seems cool. Im not sure whether its even out yet... check out their website :rolleyes:

the yellow one is called "mr. smooth" it supposed to give u more,,,, smoothemess :mellow: . and the black one, im not sure if its included in the moving rubber line. Since black one is "tactical styling clay".

Guest harajukuHYPE

^^^^ to the post with the pics...

Looks good...how much did you use though? Or did you just like ... use the wax only on the clumps?

oh thanks. ive actually improved my wax techniques since then ^^

but to answer question, I actually stuck to the amount the Gatsby professional stylers (like Akros) use:

one finger full to distribute through your hair, then a second smaller finger full to work with spikes, bangs, etc

Did u guys see the new *YELLOW* rubber? dam looks cool xD (its for really long) and i really want that new Polka Dot Techical Design clay! >.<

Guest duksiew

Yellow rubber? dang...*searching*

nuance motion?? looks pretty neat, though the hair's gotta be quite long for it to work me thinks. Gatsby's making a rainbow!! :P

I think i like the pink and grey the most...but id like to know, have any girls here used the green, i remember hearing that some girls actually use the green moving rubber, true?

I use the green one! :D 'cause I have medium hair.. I guess...? It's really layered, kinda like... Younha or Mikki's hair style. Sooo I use it to get lotsa volume at the top :]]

Guest mr_dimsum

I use the green one! :D 'cause I have medium hair.. I guess...? It's really layered, kinda like... Younha or Mikki's hair style. Sooo I use it to get lotsa volume at the top :]]

I like the green one too.. But unfortunately, I find it doesn't have to much staying power.. One thing about Moving Rubber is I find they have too much shine!? Does anybody else notice this!?

Guest bLufurBaLL

^yea

for me.. like after a while.. my hair might get a bit oily.. even if I barely use it

I think Xtah crude clay is much better right now

I like the green one too.. But unfortunately, I find it doesn't have to much staying power.. One thing about Moving Rubber is I find they have too much shine!? Does anybody else notice this!?

Yeah, it barely holds for long =\ I keep having to re-fluff my hair ^^;; I don't think it has too much shine...? I don't think there's any shine at all o_______o!

Guest BAZAIYOO~

i find that the moving rubbers dont have much hold either, <_< but i found a way that makes a little rubber hold up for a whole day (even the green one)! :) lol. So what i do, is after i wash my hair i blowdry it with my head upside down. i dont dry all the way just get the wettness out (90 percent dry... i think), then ur hair has lots of volume! or it goes crazzy spikey lol. and then i use waxxxx, a little will do, AND IT WORKS REALLY GOOD. HOLDS WHOLE DAY :D Well, hope that helps yall :lol:

Guest wisdom32

i find that the moving rubbers dont have much hold either, <_< but i found a way that makes a little rubber hold up for a whole day (even the green one)! :) lol. So what i do, is after i wash my hair i blowdry it with my head upside down. i dont dry all the way just get the wettness out (90 percent dry... i think), then ur hair has lots of volume! or it goes crazzy spikey lol. and then i use waxxxx, a little will do, AND IT WORKS REALLY GOOD. HOLDS WHOLE DAY :D Well, hope that helps yall :lol:

yeah, thats what i always do also. blowdry your hair to make it look puffy and a little frizzy and then coat wax and then twist to get the shape. afterthat, you can always apply hairspray too.. helps a lot ot overcome wind blows...

Guest theodabear

Should i get the pink one for hair like yunho? its like the spikey one. nd for guys that live in NYC do they have any of this in queens? or do i have to go to manhatten? thanks

Archived