Gatsby Moving Rubber Hair Wax

Guest t.luu

Guest Jay Chou

^^ Insanely hard to wash outta your hair though.. =(

well that's probably because you apply much more than you need.

i know....when i was a beginner i applied too much, but now i use so little and it works great.

plus when i used gatsby matt wax, the hold goes away quickly when your hair gets blown by the wind.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well that's probably because you apply much more than you need.

i know....when i was a beginner i applied too much, but now i use so little and it works great.

plus when i used gatsby matt wax, the hold goes away quickly when your hair gets blown by the wind.

bingo.

I use maybe the size of a dime about the same thickness too or less and rub it around my hands.

Guest dann

^ cos its for medium length and prolly alot of people are with medium length hair these days? idk.

anyway....... HOOOOORAY! :D

i just went out to get my green moving rubber too :]

can someone teach me how to style it tho? :/ like in a video or something.

cos i dont know how to. i tried just now i totally sucked at it -.-

my before pic:

(sry the pic looks kinda yellow.cos my phone (w810i) 's camera with flash will make the pics turn out yellowish.)

after what seemed like FOREVER, :

as you can see it is really horrible.

i tried to 'soften' the hair spikes, dont know if i should have done that actually:

okay in the end (i think i stayed for like 45 minutes in the toilet, my arms got really sore-.-) i got kinda pissed off and messed up my hair lol:

okkkk so can someone help me? :/ maybe post a video of yourself using the green moving gatsby and upload it to youtube? please :tears:

or in pictures.

lalala. :(

im not sure if it's because of the wax, but it looks like you have alot of thick hair. you might wanna thin it out and layer it some; it'll make styling easier.

im probably repeating what ppl have said, but ill say it anyway,

you gotta use a lot less wax and spread it out throughout your hair evenly, not just the top. if you use too much, your gonna add weight to your hair and lose volume

dont be afraid to ruffle your hair around. you have longer hair so wax is just gonna give your hair a general form, not gel-like hold

once you get your hair to where you like it, remember to use hairspray

Guest aznpridefolife441

someone make a video, that would be so cool it would really help those who arent skilled in the art of hairstyling

Guest t.luu

someone make a video, that would be so cool it would really help those who arent skilled in the art of hairstyling

There ARE already videos on either Youtube or on the Gatsby website. There's a link to the website on the first page of the thread :]

Guest soupers

heyy! i'm looking for the GATSBY MOVING RUBBER in... Vancouver BC. Does anyone know where I can find it, or does Vancouver BC even have it?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Guest YelloKid

so i went to a Japaneses market and everything was out of stock in 2 markets too except for the pink one. i want the green one or maybe the who set. anyways i bought the other orange one it is the wax one it is the gatsby wax volume-up type.

i need volume can any one teach me how to use it. i already look on the web,

Guest p00crumz

mmm i wanna try this product! x] idk which ones possibly the pink, grey, or green one.. why not get all three right? haha

does anyone know if its being sold in the US? chicago, il preferably? >P

so i went to a Japaneses market and everything was out of stock in 2 markets too except for the pink one. i want the green one or maybe the who set. anyways i bought the other orange one it is the wax one it is the gatsby wax volume-up type.

i need volume can any one teach me how to use it. i already look on the web,

the pink one's not bad I tried it at this store in korea, it works pretty well. I have the purple one right now and I sometimes wish I would have bought the pink one because it was easier to work with.

to make your hair look like it's got more volume, the way I use to do it when i had shorter hair was to do it actually kinda like how they do, i started by rubbing it down on the top of my hair, then using my palms i kinda feathered it upwards in all the places.

then pushed my fingers together in the middle like they do to make it a little messy and stick up straight.

p00

it depends what you want to do, the pink one allows your hair to really change shape while the green one kind of just makes it so you can tame individual areas and the grey one is a really hard one which I actually like a lot. i also use something similar to the grey one but in another product line because it came with more and was about the same price.

Guest ehytee7

me and my friend went to Jasmart in nyc coz i've read that they do sell gatsby moving rubber there, but when we searched the whole store, we only saw Gatsby Clay and some other gatsby waxes but not the moving rubber, so i just bought my brother the Gatsby clay. What's the difference of that and the moving rubber?? I don't know if i picked the right wax coz it says strong hold.. hehe.. and i remembered my brother telling me that his hair is hard to style up, so i decided to get that one. :)

Guest ix3katz

heyy! i'm looking for the GATSBY MOVING RUBBER in... Vancouver BC. Does anyone know where I can find it, or does Vancouver BC even have it?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

just go to aberdeen center

they have all the asian products

i got mine there for $18

Guest MUGETSU

me and my friend went to Jasmart in nyc coz i've read that they do sell gatsby moving rubber there, but when we searched the whole store, we only saw Gatsby Clay and some other gatsby waxes but not the moving rubber, so i just bought my brother the Gatsby clay. What's the difference of that and the moving rubber?? I don't know if i picked the right wax coz it says strong hold.. hehe.. and i remembered my brother telling me that his hair is hard to style up, so i decided to get that one. :)

I think I posted somewhere that Sunrise Mart sells Moving rubber. It's in the same area near the Cooper Union dorms. You need to go up an elevator.

I bought the Pink and Purple moving rubber there.

Gatsby Clay is a REALLY REALLY strong hold. Don't use too much because it'll be mad hard to wash off.

Guest ehytee7

I think I posted somewhere that Sunrise Mart sells Moving rubber. It's in the same area near the Cooper Union dorms. You need to go up an elevator.

I bought the Pink and Purple moving rubber there.

Gatsby Clay is a REALLY REALLY strong hold. Don't use too much because it'll be mad hard to wash off.

thanks.. i'll check that store next week.. i used the clay on my younger brother's hair a while ago..and it was sticky.. i thought the consistency was like lotion, but i was wrong.. anyways.. thanks again..

Guest effudee

which color is good for medium hair(?) it's not too short.. but not that long either? the guide confuses me haha. i have small purple one and big pink one (cuz that's all they had at the japanese market)

Guest cmallanie

does anyone know where to buy it?

in japan.. cuase im going to japan

next summer : )

Go to drug store. They usually have it there. I got it from there as well when I was in Japan.

which color is good for medium hair(?) it's not too short.. but not that long either? the guide confuses me haha. i have small purple one and big pink one (cuz that's all they had at the japanese market)

I think the purple one. I bought it for my brother and it works!!! His hair is medium length

Guest MUGETSU

Read a few entries above you.

I said they sell the pink and purple ones at Sunrise Mart near the Cooper Union dorms.

Archived