Gatsby Moving Rubber Hair Wax

Guest t.luu

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChrisHalina

hmmm i dont fink so because i recently has my hair thinned out, as before i had it thinned i could not even style it lool.

hmmm its probaly cus im a noob at styling and need to use more product ....ill giv a go next tym since i didnt properly do it last time n post my results :)

hmmm yhhh that is tru but i might try some hairspray if i fail at my next attempt :)

i might have a look into that and maybe try it if gatsby doesnt work for me ..... but ill giv my gna give my gatsby another tryy n if i get good results ill stick with it ....but itll be nice to try different things and experiment :D

and thanx for ur reply :DDD ill make sure to make a post if u get gd results from gatsby and maybe post photos in he near future :)

I just happened to pass by here and saw my product was mentioned on this forum which is pretty awesome. I believe gatsby works good as wells as my product (Menkoi). 

The only thing about gatsby is that its not organic nor does it have any natural ingredients in it. Mainly full of chemicals which can damage your hair. Gatsby gives great hold...but do you really want the great hold and the next thing your hair is .....gone lmfao! ahahah

Guest winterthur

Hello, noob here! ^^; I have never used product in my hair before...

I'm wondering what Gatsby would work best for my hair? So, I'm going to cut my hair short on Tuesday, it'll be longer than a pixie cut, but shorter than a bob. My hair has natural wave to it and has a little thickness. I don't want to spike my hair, so I guess I don't need a lot of hold, but something to style into a messy look if I want to? Or to make difficult curls go in a more pleasing direction, you know?

Also, I don't want to use hairspray or a hairdryer if I can avoid it....

I don't need a lot of hold or any extra volume, just something to style it.

:D Thanks in advance~!

Edit: Oh, also, which one feels the most natural? I heard that Green Air Rise feels better if someone runs their fingers in your hair?  This one isn't a major point, just a plus. ^^; sorry for all the text!

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned this, but a reputable eBay seller is now selling Moving Rubber 80g for $6.99 (shipped!). Great sale, as the standard price is closer to $9. Not certain how much shipping costs to other parts of the world...

I'm in no way affiliated with the seller, but for looking to stock up, here's your chance:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330582400247

• 1 month later...
Guest nobody knows

hii ~

if anyone's trying to get their hands on some gatsby, I have a crapload -___- LOL

I got these (3 tubs and 2 spraycans) like 1~2 years ago at Taiwan cos I wasn't sure when the next time I'd be able to go back was

.. 2 years later I'm barely halfway done with one tub and who knows how much is left in my hairspray

YES, they're old, but they (should) work just fine. there's no expiration date, and the one I'm using still works perfectly

unopened, still in their plastic yay ~

IMG_0432.jpg

2 tubs of green gatsby air rise

1 can of moving lock spray (and my own opened can in the back haha)

I didn't wanna make a shop in the s&t just for this, so please PM me if you're interested ^^

my price is $10 (including shipping) for the tubs and $15 shipped for the spray ($30 for all and maybe i'll throw in a present ~ hehe), but if you wanna haggle with me go ahead ~

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stephane1200

I was wondering is Gatsby Moving Rubber Spiky Edge a good and really strong wax that will hold well for almost all short to medium rebel hairs (that has been taken care of being straighten with a flat iron ) or is it only good in Asian hair types.So in the case gatsby is only for asian hair is D:Fi extreme hold styling cream a good alternative to spike hair well???Having said that can Got2b glue spray be used to fix the hair once Gatsby or D:Fi has been used ???

• 8 months later...
Guest hofferick

Quick question. You should apply Gatsby after shower and blowdry right? So do you need to wash it oit before you go to sleep? Cause I don't really wanna shower twice a day, but I don't know if its ok to just,leave the wax in my hair, considering I take showers in the morning

I've loved the pink Gatsby wax for years, but the stuff is impossible to wash out. Even shampooing twice, there's still that waxy feel to the hair. Apparently only Gatsby's own wax shampoo can wash the stuff out.

My barber said in the long run, the stuff will be bad for your hair and scalp because chances are, most guys don't thoroughly remove the product from their hair. I met a guy this summer who used the grey Gatsby wax and NEVER washes it out of his hair.

I personally never experienced a difference between most of the waxes (exception is the green one, which really has zero hold) despite their different claims. Strange.

But if you're someone who kinda spikes his hair a bit, the pink is definitely your go-to.

Archived