Gatsby Moving Rubber Hair Wax

Guest t.luu

Guest aznscrewball

I don't know if anyone is inteerested, but i'm in HK for the summer and Gatsby wax here is insanely cheap...I gotta stop myself from buying the whole set even though I wouldn't need it. Does anyone in Toronto area want some? I could buy it for you and bring it back. I got the orange one, but I want the green one...and pink just for the case LOL. I don't understand the shipping thing at all, so it would be all meetups.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bethie_me

When I was in HK, I asked for the moving rubber and the lady was telling me about what each one fo them does and for what hair length. So I asked the lady which one I should use (and I have pretty long hair) and she gave me a weird look ... maybe because I'm a girl and I want to use this product -_- but hell, I bought one anyway!

Guest addickshun

i wanna buy one :)

hehe, i guess i can either buy the green, the orange or the blue.

where can i get these wax?

Guest BAZAIYOO~

mhm O_o for the GRUNGY MAT thing, yeah it says short hair, but on the site the guy has long hair... whats with that??? oh yeah >_< i have green one, but i'm not really good at using it :sweatingbullets:

Guest izawa

i bought the green air rise one, it works okay i guesss

i have to keep restyling my hair after awhile tho =/

very sticky feeling @_@

Guest pinksugar

I want to get the green one for me & my mom. I have really long hair but would just use it for my bangs & my mom would use it to volumize her roots towards the top back of her hair.

Anyways, anyone know where they have this in Houston? I want to buy it soon <_<

Guest xVKN408x

i just got a tub of grey....... grunge mat?

i have yet to use it..........

but here are some places u can get it in norcal

any Mitsuwa would probably carry it =) though it may be out of stock sometimes..[its like 7.99 or something... cheaper than ichiban kan in sf.. but usually out of stock..... atleast for when i went XD

sf japan town~ ichiban kan~ ... and im sure they have it at other ichiban kan stores... like the one in san mateo and whatnot~[i got mine there... they had all of em there.. got it for 8.99... i think they just restocked]

Guest skye.

A lot of my friend use Gatsby, and I think their hair looks great when they use it. It's pretty easy to use, I guess ?

But yeah. It looks pretty cool. I bought a lot of them when I was in New York [because it's cheaper there than here in Texas] for my friends & they were so excited. :P

Guest t.luu

Which one should I use if I just want to keep my hair straight/flat and prevent it from frizzing.

Uhh.. Yeaaaaahhh.. This wax isn't really for taming hair or anything like that. It's more for styling.

I use the green one cause I just like to have a light, messy look :3

If anyone is down in San Diego, the Mitsuwa here is fully stocked on every single color.

Plus it has some of the other Gatsby stuff too, like the older wax sets and hair dye :3

Guest t.luu

If anyone is down in San Diego, the Mitsuwa here is fully stocked on every single color.

Plus it has some of the other Gatsby stuff too, like the older wax sets and hair dye :3

Me too !

and uhh. Just wondering,

how much is it for a jar of Gatsby there? ^^;;

I might wanna get some more

when I go down there to visit my aunt.

Guest Inevitable

Thanks for the info! i'll probably head down there tomorrow after i read all of the pages in this thread to see which one would suit me best

Guest koreankloud

Okay, so I've been reading this thread for a while and still couldn't figure out which I should use for my hair.

I have layered hair about shoulders length. My avatar has a picture of my current hair. I'm aiming for a cut similar to Younha's in her houkiboshi mv. I don't know which gatsby to use to spike the back part of my hair. I was thinking the pink one since it would be shorter than the rest of my hair. But the back has a messy look-ish so the purple would work too? Help? x_x

Here's a picture of the part of the style I'm wondering about:

Houki_Boshi_-_Younha_0002.jpg

Guest Inevitable

Okay, so I've been reading this thread for a while and still couldn't figure out which I should use for my hair.

I have layered hair about shoulders length. My avatar has a picture of my current hair. I'm aiming for a cut similar to Younha's in her houkiboshi mv. I don't know which gatsby to use to spike the back part of my hair. I was thinking the pink one since it would be shorter than the rest of my hair. But the back has a messy look-ish so the purple would work too? Help? x_x

Here's a picture of the part of the style I'm wondering about:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/Ruro...Younha_0002.jpg

There doesn't seem to be too much of a difference between the pink and purple one. I'm guessing either one will work pretty much the same. If you want to stay on the safe side, I would go with pink because of the whole "lasts all day" thing

I think i'll be picking up the green and/or grey one tomorrow if it's still in stock

Me too !

and uhh. Just wondering,

how much is it for a jar of Gatsby there? ^^;;

I might wanna get some more

when I go down there to visit my aunt.

It's about 7.99 I think

So mostly the same price as the ones you can get from surveys.

Minus the shipping fee :P

Guest huyem12

I am new to soompi and this isn't even my account (it's my guy friend's), so i hope this image shows up

summervarious07020.jpg

he did it, so it looks different I usually do it spikier on top ^^

I used Sebastian Crude Clay, but I'm wondering how to make my hair stand up more, becuse even when i do it spikier, it tends to fal down... =(

Archived