[Drama 1999] Happy Together 해피투게더

Guest kiye

Hi Fel chingu! so glad you are starting to enjoy Happy Together. :)

It maybe the usual family genre of a drama with many obstacles and sacrifices but it was still heartwarming and amusing at times. Well, life has always been a synthesis of varied emotions all of which are displayed in this drama.

Yes, it was a delight to see all these now big-named stars in their raw performances showing so much promise.

I hope you continue to enjoy HT and one thing is sure, LBH as always, will not fail you in the acting department. He is as good as it gets. :D

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Fel chingu! so glad you are starting to enjoy Happy Together. :)

It maybe the usual family genre of a drama with many obstacles and sacrifices but it was still heartwarming and amusing at times. Well, life has always been a synthesis of varied emotions all of which are displayed in this drama.

Yes, it was a delight to see all these now big-named stars in their raw performances showing so much promise.

I hope you continue to enjoy HT and one thing is sure, LBH as always, will not fail you in the acting department. He is as good as it gets. :D

Honestly, Ella chingu, I have not been overly excited with the current K-dramas produced and are resorting to watching older dramas. I am currently hooked on dramas which has a touch on family-oriented genre kind of storyline eg. Happy Together and Rosie Life. As some of these scenes reflect a true scenario of our daily lives, I find it more meaningful to watch …. even though I might add that some are not happy ones. :(

I am sure I am going to enjoy watching “Happy Together” as the title itself has revealed a beautiful and happy ending…I hope I am right. ;) Ah…..one additional bonus is to be able to catch all current hotties in one drama…. :P Well, comparison is inevitable and I find myself in an awkward position (bad of me) :ph34r: as I watched in anticipation and with close observation of every detail ie facial expression, gestures, speech and chemistry exudes by each of them in their respective roles. :lol::w00t:

Btw, I like LBH role and find his boyish look as a baseball player very naive and charming.... :rolleyes:

Rubie, the set that I bought during the weekend is a newly packed version (the best I’ve seen so far and it did attract me to buy) with good quality picture and dual sub-titles (BM+Mandarin). :D The box set is slightly bigger than the usual standard size. I believe they want it to look presentable like those current dramas produced with so much emphasis on “decorative-appeal" with high quality pictures and all sorts of style of opening the box-set e.g Lovers in Prague and Save the Last Dance for me. Multimedia is one of the most reliable distributors other than PMP. Oops...almost forgotten to reveal the price tag. It was printed as RM69.90 but you normally can get a good bargain if you don’t go to those reputable bigger outlets (Speedy or Movie World). I got it for RM55.00. ;)

Ah…CTH’s character has yet to be revealed but I think he is the funny namja (with a fully covered helmet) who bought a cone of ice-cream from JJH (and I guess he did it in the pretense of getting a glimpse of her). While engrossed in observing JJH who was looking pretty upset, he did not realize his unattended ice-cream has started to melt! Aigooooo……shy namja! glomp.gif

Oh sure…will drop by again when I continue watching Tae-Poong and the rest in action. It was a great treat to be able to watch how all these actors performed their role characters before they become well-known. Maybe this production has "special charm" and it made each of them popular in their own way....Fighting! :P

Thanks Felicia for the info on the new boxset for Happy Together. I seldom go out these days and have not seen much of the Kdramas available but I noticed that there are more choices for Kmovies lately. I haven't even seen any (new) BD boxsets anywhere. There's All In, same Speedy-packaged promo box though ... with renewed price. :P You're right... we better go to the not so-popular (known) stores if we want to get a good bargain. Stuff in Ipoh are still so expensive at times, compared to those in KL or Penang especially. sigh. Anyway... I'm just happy when you mentioned that HT has a much nicer box, kinda trendy ... huh. Though I dislike distributors misleading the buyers with recent glossy pics of the actors to sell an older series, I actually don't mind if HT has a lovely cover on it... because I love the drama, a nice boxset would not hurt at all. Hahahaha... biased... biased! :lol:

Enjoy watching the drama... there's much more than just the usual romance, I especially love the interactions between Tae Poong and his son, the banter of him & his buddy... also the shy guy(s) with the ladies. Watching HT in the original audio with good, decent subs is surely a pleasure.

Watch out for Pu He... Tae Poong's buddy who's a bit slow but so lovable & funny. You've seen Rosy Life, right? Isn't the actor just amazing?

Episodes 9-10

Thanks to Shirley-koreanfilm.org

Zhi Suo is disturbed when Cai Lin expresses her love again. He tries to make it up to Siu He by asking her out. Cai Lin's father turns up at the prosecutor's office to learn more about Zhi Suo. He insists Zhi Suo and Cai Lin have dinner with him. Zhi Suo tries to phone Siu He, but Tai Fung answers the call.

Zhi Lun took good care of Tai Fung when they are living under one roof. He, unaware of Zhi Lun's real identity, kept looking for his sister Lun Zhu. He thought that she was taken to Australia by her adopted parents. One day, while Wen Zhu was visiting Tai Fung, she noticed that Zhi Lun's features resemble their young sister while looking at her photo. They also discovered the family photo that Tai Fung had given to his sister to remember him by. And Tai Fung soon realized that he had already found his sister, that Zhi Lun is actually Lun Zhu.

Tai Fung, crying as he run to look for Lun Zhu at her workplace but fail to find her. Lun Zhu was at a singing competition and had fainted at the competition. She was sent to hospital by Shen Hu who is a gangster and happens to be in love with her and was there to support her.

Due to over exhaustion, Lun Zhu suffered from kidney failure and need a transplant otherwise she will have to be on the dialysis machine for the rest of her life. Lun Zhu told Shen Ye not to tell anyone of her illness as she does not want Tai Fung to be upset.

Shen Ye had no choice but to agree. Lun Zhu returned home and was slapped by Tai Fung who was angered that she has not returned home for one night. She was upset by her brother's action but Tai Fung called out her name Lun Zhu and she know that Tai Fung has finally remember her. She and Tai Fung hugged each other with joy. She has been waiting for this day for a long time.

PLEASE REMEMBER ME. That's what Tae Poong wrote at the back of the family photo that he gave to Lun Zhu before the precious sister was adopted years ago, when both of them were left at the orphanage. So hard it was to let his little princess go, he wrote the message for her to remember and never to forget him. And that's what Lun Zhu did for 11 years... remembering her brother and waiting for him to remember her as well.

A nerve-wrecking and especially hard time for Lun Zhu... her brother could not recognize her after all these years. She wanted him to call her again... so badly. She wanted to talk freely to him about everything but she couldn't... not until he remembers her.

Happy Together - please remember me.wmv (7.14 MB)

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=2f3...dbe883f1c34db5e

credit: music clip from BHfantasyland

^Hi, no problem at all. :blush: Really hope that you'd be able to find a subbed copy to watch & enjoy this heartwarming series. :D

-----------------------------

Some Happy Together caps to share. Couldn't make any before using previous WindowsME, but now with XP... seems like magic, I can finally make (almost) decent screencaps using the WMP. :lol: But still... can't make any using my HT vcd copy... sigh.. some incompatibility with the player... sigh again. So, I tried some with an old MV.

Sorry that the captures are very unclear, dark and blur. :sweatingbullets: Hopefully, there'll be better copies to make more screencaps available later.

Various caps... the first try & sharing :blush:

13-11.jpg13-12.jpg

13-18.jpg13-15.jpg

13-16.jpg13-21.jpg

13-13.jpg13-17.jpg

13-19.jpg13-20.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

I love this drama. Feel so happy when it aired with original sound. No dubbing. Everyone looks so young maybe coz it old drama. I like CTH & JJH. They really have good chemistry. Then, Lee Byung Hun. I never imagine to watch him in really casual clothes. Only T-shirt and tracks. :w00t: Does he have any other drama/movie that he wears T-shirt? Lee Byung Hun character in this drama remind me of Takashi Sorimachi in Wonderful Life or any drama that have Takashi Sorimachi. Carefree and fun.

I need to read this thread for beginning. B)

I love this drama. Feel so happy when it aired with original sound. No dubbing. Everyone looks so young maybe coz it old drama. I like CTH & JJH. They really have good chemistry. Then, Lee Byung Hun. I never imagine to watch him in really casual clothes. Only T-shirt and tracks. :w00t: Does he have any other drama/movie that he wears T-shirt? Lee Byung Hun character in this drama remind me of Takashi Sorimachi in Wonderful Life or any drama that have Takashi Sorimachi. Carefree and fun.

I need to read this thread for beginning. B)

Hi N'war! Good to see you here, wah... you're loving Happy Together as well! It's really a surprise ya.... getting to watch the series in its original audio, really a world of difference! :lol: CTH is indeed a really sweet gangster-guy, he's so funny without even trying... looking so young & boyish, almost like a student and the lovely JJH.. of course. :)

And hahahaa... LBH... he definitely took many by surprise. After All In & BD, no one expected him to be sooooo selamba (laidback~relaxed/casual) & always dancing around, too :P (about LBH & Sorimachi Takashi, I also had the same feeling but not really from Wonderful Life but the movie Fulltime Killers... his intense presence... in my opinion, is just like LBH's and vice-versa). :sweatingbullets:

If you want to see LBH in t-shirts.. I guess... there's only Beautiful My Lady, an older series (also with SSH) back in 1997. But it's about boxing, a family tearjerker and not really like Happy Together. It has a rather serious storyline, quite intense & heavy. LBH doesn't have many recent series apart from those already shown on tv, he's more into movies these days.

Off topic

Come to think of it... if I'm not mistaken Siu He's father in HT was also in BML, as SEH's father... I think. :unsure:

Hope to hear more of your thoughts on the series, too! :)

rubie,

Did I hear correctly? Is it the song "To Me" sung by BH in Happy Together for today's episode? :P:lol::w00t: So nice to hear the song with the scenes of the drama. :P:lol:

rubie,

Did I hear correctly? Is it the song "To Me" sung by BH in Happy Together for today's episode? :P:lol::w00t: So nice to hear the song with the scenes of the drama. :P:lol:

Yup! Yup! Not wrong at all... it was BH's own song 'Tears' playing in the first scene today. :lol: The song is not in the OST but included in the vcd version as well as both tv versions... pretty cool huh. :P The song really fits the story, too. I switched the volume high enough tonight just for the song. :lol:

There'll be at least another scene with the song (or more, can't really recall... rubie's so forgetful already) but Tears will be the background song when LBH and KHN's moments were on. :wub:

It's like Da Feng's love theme ... lah... :blush:

TEARS (thanks to summer0323)

http://download.yousendit.com/4A01CEEE4BCE8965

TEARS by Lee Byung Hun

No...I am all right

I really like you... just for you... I don't exist

You are the only one I loved... Yes that was enough

I shed tears just looking at you from behind...

I swallowed a word in sorrow...

I love you... I love you

Promise me... Don't make my tears in vain.

Please be happy for me.

Even when I am wandering at the end of this world

My heart will goes to you always...

Do you know... as I loved you more than me,

I had to be away from you.

I was with you...

Promise me... Don't make my tears in vain.

Please be happy for me.

Even when I am wondering at the end of the world

My heart will goes to you always...

My tears for you, my sorrowful body gestures for you, will be your love forever.

No... I am all right

Lyrics credit: LBH.SG

Episode 16 (4/10/06)

story12-01.jpg

The wedding of Wen Zhu were both funny & heartbreaking... and sweet, too...

Funny... as Shen Yu stated... it looked more like a funeral service with all Zhao's guests from the underworld... all wearing black attire. :lol:

Poor Shen Yu... not only he had to be content with Lun Zhu's very protective oppa, now Tai Fung has an ally in new bro-in-law, Zhao Bi Tou. :P

Latecomer Pu He was so startled at the guys in black that he gasped so loudly, unsure what to do at the photo-taking session that he was shouted by all the gangsters to make his mind

And... the bride's bouquet... supposed to be Lun Zhu's... was caught by Pu He instead... fate, huh... :rolleyes:

Heartbreaking... only Lun Zhu sitting in the bride's guest area.

Neither Zhi Suo or Chan Zhu came... although he did remember and run a checklist on Wen Zhu's new husband and the eldest sister coming ... long after the ceremony ended

Both Tai Fung and Wen Zhu, including Lun Zhu... all in tears as the bride walked down the aisle

He wanted better for his sister, he wanted a happier life for her, he wanted to make her change her mind... but Tai Fung just can't bear leaving Wen Zhu un-attended on her wedding day which is supposed to be a beautiful event

so he came.. to give her away...

Sweet... Pu He.. and Chan Zhu... they meet again as fate would have it... one can never know what's in store for them

off topic -

October 5th - Happy Birthday to Song Seung Hun! :)

Archived