[Drama 1999] Happy Together 해피투게더

Guest kiye

Episode 1

Chan Zhu runs a comic-book shop and gets along well with her brother Zhi Suo, but not with her sister Wen Zhu. Chan Zhu's father was a police officer who died in the line of duty. When her mother and stepfather died too, Chan Zhu ended up taking care of her stepfather's son, Tai Fung, her half sister Lun Zhu and her own 2 siblings. She detested Tai Fung and Lun Zhu because her stepfather was a gangster.

On her grandmother's suggestion, Chan Zhu abandoned Tai Fung and Lun Zhu. Wen Zhu got along well with Tai Fung and from then on, became very rebellious towards Chan Zhu. Ten years have passed. Tai Fung is now a professional baseball player. Lun Zhu works in a fast food restaurant. Zhi Suo is a public prosecutor and has a girlfriend Siu He. At the hospital, Tai Fung falls for Siu He...

Copyright 2002 All Rights Reserved. MediaCorpTV Singapore Pte Ltd

90614e.jpg

The siblings from L-R: Tai Fung, Wen Zhu, Lun Zhu, Chan Zhu & Zhi Suo

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... what a great surprise, ntv7's airing Happy Together in the original Korean audio instead of the usual dubbing. Totally took everyone by surprise considering the first time around it was dubbed, thinking that the same master-copy used again. Maybe it's the sponsor's request, maybe it's time to test the audience with un-dubbed Kdramas, maybe it's a plan to attract people to watch older series... no matter what the reasons may be, well... IT'S ABOUT TIME... good for the station, especially good for future Kdramas, too. :D I think it's also a good deal between ntv7 and 8tv, both subsidiaries of Media Prima, to have the latest Kdramas (Only You, My Girl, etc) on 8tv airing at 8.30-9.30 pm and the older series like BD, All In, Happy Together, etc on ntv7 at 9.30-10.30pm.

It is so much better watching the series this time around, the subs are a lot better too... even the soundtrack sounded so clear. You know, dubbed version always had the soundtrack messed up. BD for instance, totally un-appealing where the audio was concerned... a pity when it's a series about the music industry in Korea.

Anyway, the first episode, funny scenes with Da Feng... (that's the name used instead of TaePoong or Tai Fung/Feng). He was totally smitten by Xiu He... the balloon scene at the hospital, and how he had imitated the baseball umpire, not knowing he's really Xiu He's father.

Many of the girls are more looking forward to SSH's appearance, missing the actor in action. Hahahaha... after All In and BD back to back before this, they're probably too saturated with LBH. :lol: But .. they'll like him later... :P He's so totally unlike Minchul or InHa... yet TaePoong will surely warms up to eveyone, his own way.

It's great seeing Kang Sung Yun now... after her King & the Clown fame. Spunky Wen Zhu... the girl totally stood out as well.

Besides LBH's character (but, of course :blush: ), I've always liked Jo Min Soo (Chan Zhu) despite her colder-than-ice treatment to Tai Fung. Something about this elder sister... she has a rather distinctive voice which I find pleasantly appealing that others may feel differently. KHN on the other hand, has the softest voice of the many K-actresses around. Back to JMS... I watched her first in Fireworks (with Cha In Pyo, Lee Young Ae) and I was rooting for her, all the way... as there's something about her I can't quite explain. Similar to Happy Together, even with the character she's playing ... just can't find any reason to really dislike her.

Episode 1 (12/9/06)

happy005.jpg

happy020.jpg

Credit: blackantz & hamlady-kimhaneul.net

I think this drama was aired before but didn't have a chance to really follow through to the end.

I can guess that it's going to be a slow pace drama...that can make people lost interest half way.But on the other hand it has a row of great casts and hope i'll follow through to the last episode. :sweatingbullets:

I think this drama was aired before but didn't have a chance to really follow through to the end.

I can guess that it's going to be a slow pace drama...that can make people lost interest half way.But on the other hand it has a row of great casts and hope i'll follow through to the last episode. :sweatingbullets:

Hi lynn! Are you from Malaysia too? Yeah... the series had already been aired in 2003, in the 6.30pm slot. At first we'd think that Happy Together is slow-paced with a family theme but mostly because it had various relationships in the drama, with all the siblings.. that's what made it a bit hard to follow if we'd only wanted to see a straight romance between the leads.

This time around, a repeat in the primetime slot without being dubbed... I believe the series is really going to pick up with a good response from the audience. The performance of the actors and storyline are the factors that'll pull the viewers. :)

wow, lucky for all malaysian fans! you get to watch the drama with good english subs. wish there will be english subs available for us on soompi soon. ^-^ i've been dying to watch this drama.

Hi ione! Indeed... we sure are very lucky, just so unexpected but pleasantly the lucky ones. The drama is actually being subtitled in Malay and Chinese. And it's way much better than the ones in the vcd boxsets we have in the market.

I really hope that you'd be able to watch the series, too.... it's really one worth watching & keeping. I had a great time discussing it the first time and hoping to have a better sharing this time around. :rolleyes:

Hopefully there'll be a kind soul sharing Eng-subbed HT with us all, as it's rather hard to obtain the episodes for the older series rather than the new ones nowadays.

Guest kkam jjak

Anyone have this in their clubbox.. I don't need subtitles since I am Korean and know the language. It doesn't matter if it's in LQ or HQ... so please reply or pm me? thanksss

Anyone have this in their clubbox.. I don't need subtitles since I am Korean and know the language. It doesn't matter if it's in LQ or HQ... so please reply or pm me? thanksss

Hi! If I remember correctly, long before the soompi crash... japaneseguy used to have the series un-subbed in his CB. I'm not sure if he still has it now. :unsure:

Congrats to all Malaysian fans of BH... you are all having a field day with a series of BH dramas. Lucky.. Lucky... :lol:

All-in, BD and Happy Together have different plots and stories.

You will see how talented an actor LBH is coz he can reinvent himself in any kind of role.

You'll never see traces of In ha or Min chul in Tae Poong and vice versa.

He makes each character come to life on its own.

Happy watching to all Malaysian fans of LBH and hopefully, he can gain more admirers with this drama of his.

Personally, i wouldnt miss this for the world coz it's an all-star cast.... I dont think we can see this whole ensemble in the near future coz many of them are all big-time stars already like JJH, KHN, CTH and SSH, not to mention BH. :)

p/s: first time, i really appreciated KHN's beauty. :phew:

Guest yum yum dimsum

wow lucky Malaysian fans!!!!!

I really want to watch this since its one of Ji Hyun's first and last TV series!!

i hope this will be available for download with subs.

thanks rubie for episode 1 summary.

i'll be keeping an eye on this thread from now on!! :D

Hi Ella! KHN's character Xui He is really a nice and wonderful person, no wonder Da Feng is smitten by her all at once. In last night's episode, only Xiu He remembers Chan Zhu's birthday. Wen Zhun was too furious with the sister while SSH's character could not be bothered with things happening at home.

wow lucky Malaysian fans!!!!!

I really want to watch this since its one of Ji Hyun's first and last TV series!!

i hope this will be available for download with subs.

thanks rubie for episode 1 summary.

i'll be keeping an eye on this thread from now on!! :D

Hi sushiboii!!! Welcome to Happy Together! Yes, JJH's really sweet as the youngest sister, the baby of the family and her chemistry with LBH was awesome. One thing I like about LBH (biasedly speaking :blush: ) is his ability to exude great & warm chemistry with most of his co-stars and with JJH, they have one of the best siblings' chemistry. But poor girl... it'll be awhile before her brother really recognizes who she is.

And JJH with CTH... they are just too hilarious! :lol: MSG was certainly made from their chemistry in HT. :P

Hope others with warm recollections of Happy Together would share their thoughts as well. There are so many wonderful & memorable dialogues in the series too, I just hope I won't miss any of them.

I only have some of the episode summary & transcripts (courtesy of Shirley and others) but will gladly post them here. And hopefully fans of SSH, KHN, CTH, JJH would bring out more drama screencaps as well to share with all. :)

Hi Ella! KHN's character Xui He is really a nice and wonderful person, no wonder Da Feng is smitten by her all at once. In last night's episode, only Xiu He remembers Chan Zhu's birthday. Wen Zhun was too furious with the sister while SSH's character could not be bothered with things happening at home.

Eh??!! :blink: Are those Chinese names? They are using them in the drama shown in Malaysia?

Gee!!! It's already hard to remember Korean names, much more difficult for me to remember Chinese names. :lol:

LBH looks dorky and very young in Happy together. His role is kinda a little pathetic but still full of spirits. He maybe happy-go-lucky, carefree type of a guy here but his heart is big esp. for his family.

Hi ione! Indeed... we sure are very lucky, just so unexpected but pleasantly the lucky ones. The drama is actually being subtitled in Malay and Chinese. And it's way much better than the ones in the vcd boxsets we have in the market.

I really hope that you'd be able to watch the series, too.... it's really one worth watching & keeping. I had a great time discussing it the first time and hoping to have a better sharing this time around. :rolleyes:

Hopefully there'll be a kind soul sharing Eng-subbed HT with us all, as it's rather hard to obtain the episodes for the older series rather than the new ones nowadays.

hi, rubie. thanks for all those caps. it's good to know that malaysian tv station has subbed this series better than the first release. i'm glad you won't miss any of the memorable lines. even though i don't understand korean, i am really looking forward to watching this series. i can't get enough of JJH and CTH--- the reason why i stumbled upon this thread. i certainly hope that some kind soul would share the subs (from the DVD maybe). :lol:

oh actually, JJH also appeared in another drama called steal my heart. it's also under SBS. i thought you might be interested in that. :)

Sushiboii: JJH has been in 2 or 3 series before(some said its 2, some said its 3), so this is her 3rd and last series.

Ione: yup, cant get enough of JJH-CTH. CTH is really funny in this drama especially when he's always trying to get close to JJH.

I've watched this a few times already since 2002. JJH is so different from the sassy girl here. she's just like the girl next door, very pure, innoncent and sweet. i like the scenes of her with LBH as well but i'm not too fond of the luv relationship between SSH-KHN-LBH, its too draggy and boring. the family (Siblings) relationship is much more better. I think Kang Sung Yeon has the best performance in the show, rebellious but a caring sister to JJH and LBH.

Archived