Trainees?

Guest mizgen17

Guest babyxjuicy

i have a friend that just got accepted to be a sm trainee.

she auditioned for the global '08 and got a callback like 2-3 days after.

they met up or whatever and now she's a officially a trainee. i'm not sure if she's going to korea though..but yeah.. lol

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zaizai00

this is an interesting topic lol

it doesnt seem like anyone ACTUALLY knows a trainee,

but its a friend of a friend of another friend lol.

i dont know any trainess, but im friends with an artist from avex japan.

and a couple of my friends are friends with an artist from sony japan.

their both female, have fun guessing!

I agree. A lot of "my friend's cousin friend" going on. lol. I'm not going to say I know any trainees, but just ironic little tidbits like a live in the same area where some of the already debut trainees used to live and like i go to same high school as eric from shihnwa did and everything. I live in like the unofficial Little Korea :)

I think this is kind of off topic but I think that the parents who go against their children and don't want them to become singers/actors are actually doing them a favor. first off, if you become a trainee there is a chance that SM while have newer people come in every year and with their hundreds and thousands of trainees, there's a chance that they'll forget about you. if you do get to debut, how long can it last. If you look at some of the disbanded bands from SM on wikipedia, a lot of them are DJ or MC or who knows where, even after putting those years of effort in to end up almost back where they started. BUT, if you get to be so nyo shi dae status, which is probably the best it's ever going to be, how long will it last? looking at H.O.T. and S.E.S, it about an average of 5-6 years. what you going to do for the rest of you're life.... this is so depressing but the pull of fame and success is just really really strong.... :tears::blink: But i feel bad for the trainees who were scouted at like 10 and for their whole life have been deprieved of proper education so that life later on can be so much harder. i heard that SM is going to debut another girl group with members born in like 1993 and earlier. I really think in the next decade or so SM is just going to start like ... breeding their trainees...

this is so random, but does anyone know if email auditions usually get thrown into spam and then the trash, or does the audition committee actually look at the auditions sent in?

Guest Re:volverspid:eR

oh man.. suddenly I feel pretty darn sad that I know no contacts and my location isn't the place where companies would want to come and hold auditions. hurr..

Guest fatcupoftea

This is one of those distant "friend of a friend" relationships, but my cousin used to be friends (before he found out this person was a complete JERK) with an ex JYP trainee who was rumoured to be debuting with 2PM.

Hmm...only if I had real connections...

Guest loveme.

Actually, a lot of these people are directly related in some way to these...connections. HAHHA.

And, dang, who knew there were so many lucky people in this world?

Okay, well, I don't know anyone who's a trainee, but this topic was so interesting I just had to come and take a peek. Haha. :)

Guest liljoekim09

Not a trainee but my close friends uncle is some big guy in CJ Media Line (produces for Kim Gun Mo, Chae Yeon). I'm arranging an audition with him when he comes down to NY.

>=O

YOU LUCKY KIDS!

XD

omfg you all know like these famous people... i'm chinese T__T

well, it would be nice if i was connected to hankyung or zhang li yin.

but i'm not -.-

but i can't believe you guys know them... haha.

i better be friends with everyone here on soompi so that i'll have connections if they debut...

(keke...)

make your dreams come true, God bless~

-Anthony

Guest Minime22

i don't know if this counts.. cause i've never talked to either of them.

my bro went to high school with that new guy from Super Junior-M, Henry. i think they did some english project together. haha =)

and my cousin (in korea) is best friends with an SM trainee.

I dont know if this counts either :P

but my aunt knows Henrys dad XD

(aunt sees me looking at mvs)

A: "oh i met this guy in toronto, he keeps going about his sons a pop star or something"

Me: "uh huh.......*keeps watching mv*"

A: "i dont know his name but hes really good at the violin..."

Me: "...*interested* (automatic picture of henry pops into mind)..who is it?"

A: "err the dad says he tried out at some audtion and made it"

Me: "o.o......HENRY???"

A: "...i think so..."

Me: "SPAZZZ....*searches up SuperJunior-M Mv* *points* THIS GUY? THIS GUY???????"

A: ".......yah....he plays the electric violin..."

Me: "FAINTS"

So pretty excited knowing that...i gave a huge lecture to my aunt lol how to keep that connection XD

and how SuperJunior-M is a reallllyyy famous band in China XD

<3

Guest omgit'sme

@Minime22

omg I would like die!! because you're so close to actually being able to know them but then ugh, that just sucks! but at least you had some sort of connection lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jLsterz

a bunch of my friends are friends with Taec from 2PM..since he was from Massachusetts and thats where i live. My friend actually hung out wit taec a couple of weeks ago when he came back to the states, they just chilled..

I knew him too cause we all went to ARISE (christian church events) and saw him b4 he was famous..he was really weird then like around 2005ish. This was before he got plastic surgery. So when i heard he was gonna become famous in korea i was like WTF! HIM!??! very VERY unexpected, seeing the kind of person that he was. Plus now he looks so different i was like wow.......he still looks the same but for the people who knew him before you can see obvious changes.

Guest x.yoru

lol i don't have any connections, but my Korean friend does. ;]

I've told her to totally hook us up to meet Big Bang (since she says that the people she talks to KNOWS them and has met them and stuff. >3<)

Lol. i'll share about one of my connections that was unexpected, surprising and amusing - my friend's reaction was hilarious, i laugh just thinking about it :lol:

One of my good friends was in a Korean language program a while ago outside of school and as part of this program you could sign up to be penpals with someone from Korea who was probably doing a similar/parallel course learning english. I cant remember, but i think it was through emails :huh:.

But yeah, she was penpals with this guy for about a year but she stopped her Korean studies and ended up losing contact with her penpal.

She found out later that her penpal was Kyuwan, an SM trainee (dbsks Haptic ad anyone?) :sweatingbullets:

- i found it funny, she ran around screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Why did i lose contact with him T_T!! while my other friend was like why oh why? I couldve met Heechul!!

XD

- btw. this happened over about 2-3 years? something like that -_-;

-- and i dont think she ever verified 100% it was him, but with what she had she was pretty sure xp

Guest xAnimeLuver19x

Lol. i'll share about one of my connections that was unexpected, surprising and amusing - my friend's reaction was hilarious, i laugh just thinking about it :lol:

One of my good friends was in a Korean language program a while ago outside of school and as part of this program you could sign up to be penpals with someone from Korea who was probably doing a similar/parallel course learning english. I cant remember, but i think it was through emails :huh:.

But yeah, she was penpals with this guy for about a year but she stopped her Korean studies and ended up losing contact with her penpal.

She found out later that her penpal was Kyuwan, an SM trainee (dbsks Haptic ad anyone?) :sweatingbullets:

- i found it funny, she ran around screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Why did i lose contact with him T_T!! while my other friend was like why oh why? I couldve met Heechul!!

XD

- btw. this happened over about 2-3 years? something like that -_-;

-- and i dont think she ever verified 100% it was him, but with what she had she was pretty sure xp

LOL! poor her! >.<;; i would love to talk to KyuWan loll

theres something about him on the SMTown website now, so im guessing hes gonna be revealed soon ^^;;

(hmm...makes me think, so hes learning english o.O;; wonder how good he is :P )

Guest charlane98

well my friend is a YG trainee but thats alll i have...

havent talked to her in years since we are both so busy ><

Guest abcdaisy

My aunt's friend's her aunt's cousin's friend knows soomeone that is training at YG Entertainment.

LFMAO, i'm just kidding since, there were a lot of those friend friends stuff going on i had to make one

to see how dumb it looks LMFAO i don't know anyone and i don't wish to know anyone it just makes me

envy their life! I wish i had the talent too bad i don't :(

Guest ithinkitslove

a girl i know auditioned for sm, i think? and idk but somehow she ended up meeting jyp and auditioned for him face to face, and she was supposed to go to korea but there were problems. he told her to wait until she's done with school, and then they can talk about either her modeling or singing/dancing :) hmmmm welllll my sister's friends (they're related) knew tiffany from a long time ago, and one of them was with her at her sm audition as well! haha. those are my only "connections" to trainees i guess - -

Guest oliviak712

My sister's friend, who is also my friend was asked to audition for sm, personally, when she was visiting korea

a couple years back

Archived