Trainees?

Guest mizgen17

how long dit they replay you the first time to send demo and things and what e-mail did you use and when dit you send them your pictures cause I send them too this week or last week but I didnt have an answer so tell me about your experience

Hi Jenny620,

There wasn't much more to the experience to share....but to answer your questions, it took three days to receive their first reply. After that I resubmitted my materials and waited a couple weeks I followed up with them. I received a reply the same day.

I began contacting them at the beginning of June.

I used their USA audition email.

http://audition.smtown.com/

After their last reply, I really want to take a trip and audition for them in person in CA ....

Why couldn't they have an office in Chicago too? :(

I have a friend who is related to the manager of sm... i think its her uncle

I haven't gotten any rejection emails...but I would like their opinion of my talent and the opportunity to be given a contract.

Does your friend know if they give email audition submissions proper judging?

Is it considered passing round 1 of auditions ?

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jenny620

Hi Jenny620,

There wasn't much more to the experience to share....but to answer your questions, it took three days to receive their first reply. After that I resubmitted my materials and waited a couple weeks I followed up with them. I received a reply the same day.

I began contacting them at the beginning of June.

I used their USA audition email.

http://audition.smtown.com/

After their last reply, I really want to take a trip and audition for them in person in CA ....

Why couldn't they have an office in Chicago too? :(

I haven't gotten any rejection emails...but I would like their opinion on my talent and the opportunity to be given a contract.

Does your friend know if they give email audition submissions proper judging?

Is it considered passing round 1 of auditions ?

wow it was very fast for you when they replay but me too I send and e-mail tru smaudition@smtowm.com but not to audition@smtown.com

wich e-mail did you use? so after you send them your first replay they send you an e-mail tree days after saying to audition tru this e-mail? and after a couple of weeks you send them your audition BY THIS E-MAIL and they replay right after???? can you give me the exact day if you can remenberd when did you send all your thins for audition?cause I sne them a message the june 28 but still didnt have any replay

* I know I ask lots of question but I really want to know about your case and do you think they didnt reply me because I am from canada?? if you want show me your singing and I can make a judgement if you want :) well my friends doesnt even know about theis entertainment and i dont have a korean friends....but I really dont know cause they reply to you so its good sight but if they thing you past the first rounf they will tell you ..good luck and do you know how many rounds they are??

wow it was very fast for you when they replay but me too I send and e-mail tru smaudition@smtowm.com but not to audition@smtown.com

wich e-mail did you use? so after you send them your first replay they send you an e-mail tree days after saying to audition tru this e-mail? and after a couple of weeks you send them your audition BY THIS E-MAIL and they replay right after???? can you give me the exact day if you can remenberd when did you send all your thins for audition?cause I sne them a message the june 28 but still didnt have any replay

* I know I ask lots of question but I really want to know about your case and do you think they didnt reply me because I am from canada?? if you want show me your singing and I can make a judgement if you want :) well my friends doesnt even know about theis entertainment and i dont have a korean friends....but I really dont know cause they reply to you so its good sight but if they thing you past the first rounf they will tell you ..good luck and do you know how many rounds they are??

Don't worry about the number of questions. It's fine.

I just sent you an email with my answers.

I just sent Jenny620 my demo (audio track) of my vocals. I wish I could post a link here to get some of your opinions of my vocals too. Since some of you know industry reps..you probably have expertise opinions.

Guest jenny620

JYP is my dad.

Speaking the truth like most of the members posting in this topic.

what do you mean by jyp is your dad????

Guest ilovethatpanda

i know one.

he's an oppa i know.

he's a trainee in jyp as a dancer?

i forgot .___. ahha.

Guest chengahyi

its just so weird everyone knows someone in a way.

i know for a fact i know all of them, its just they dont know me >.< lol.

i really wonder how hard it can be....yes they train alot how hard is the training?

really stella is lsm"s fave? o....

Guest koore

I am the best friend of wondergirls :)

jokes, well, I know that a friend of a friend of mine is a trainee. If I know if he was telling the truth? That I don't know - -

Guest BROKENheaven

haha yeah. the before pictures are funny, but whatever. I guess it's not a big deal in Korea. But yeah he got his eyes, nose, and i THINK either chin or cheeks done which i found was weird..my friends used to call him "technology!" No one ever expected him to become famous..ever..ahaahah its so bizarre..

I won't post pics of him before cuz that'd be so mean..hahah but i am tempted but i wont. HAHAHHA

oh please, ive seen his pre-debut picture and video, he looks exactly the same except he had a bad sense of style and wore glasses :rolleyes: if you've got prove then show it. don't worry, it cant be worst that all the stuff you've said about him.

some of you guys are so damn gullible. sure some of these may be true but there are some freakin obvious BS in here.

And all the people going "oh my friend is friend with blah blah blah and they said *so&so celeb* is a real ________"

uh sure. sounds like an anti using this thread as an excuse to bash

• 2 weeks later...
Guest babiesy

wasnt there once a member on soompi that became a trainee for YG?

i swear i remember reading her post and then she had to delete her account

but i cant remember..

i think it was CL of 2ne1? but i could be wrong because my memory is horrrible.

jaebum is definitly from seattle.

my friend said that he just came back to visit his old church.

apparently he was really muscly and skinny..im not sure how someone is muscular and thin at the same time. haha

and she said that he's much better looking in person. :)

wow ok, if hes better looking in person...and already looks good on mvs etc...dammnnnnnnn! ahaha^^

wish i had connections=[

Guest AyaDoll

i know one guy who's training under jyp right now.

I think he might be debuting w/ the trainee kim junsu, but i'm not so sure.

He's not exactly my friend....we're...sorta more like enemy-like friends. I consider him immature, he considers me weird. We had a lot of arguments at a summer camp lol. But, we still hung out together, and I was exposed to way too much immaturity during that time....

I have to admit, though, he's extremely good-looking. I know his sister--we talk on facebook.

But...he's a tad bit strange lol. A strange, really hott lookin kid. That jerk.

Are u talking about Jay from 2pm or could it be nickhun,u can say now sence they already debuted

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!!! are u serious.

so like is your sister's friend

still best friends with him or something

like now, cause i heard he's in the u.s now.

and did you ever meet him before his debut.

omg well if you get the chance tell ur sis's friend that

she is sooooo lucky!

well, its actually my friend's sister that knows him(x

yeahh theyre still best friends and

i got his signature >_<

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jLsterz

oh please, ive seen his pre-debut picture and video, he looks exactly the same except he had a bad sense of style and wore glasses :rolleyes: if you've got prove then show it. don't worry, it cant be worst that all the stuff you've said about him.

some of you guys are so damn gullible. sure some of these may be true but there are some freakin obvious BS in here.

And all the people going "oh my friend is friend with blah blah blah and they said *so&so celeb* is a real ________"

uh sure. sounds like an anti using this thread as an excuse to bash

im not lying lol, Im not a big fan of kpop at all so im definitely not an anti-fan. he visited UMASS amherst last year before 2PM really set off. He visited there because he has friends there who are also my friends. He really is a goofy kid in real life. Before he auditioned in Korea, he used to go to ARISE which is this korean christian camp that happens in august for like 4 days overnight. It happens every year, I went to like every arise since 2002. He went to arise 2005 and firm foundation which happens around february. It's like what kind of old pictures did you see? cause obviously he's not gonna want ugly pictures to come out. EVERYBODY back in massachusetts knows he got surgery, not a big deal. So many korean celebs (including guys) get it now =T. Fans are just delusional and dont wanna believe anything they hear that may sound negative like surgery. If you don't believe me, come to mass and ask the korean people here in boston, they will tell you lol. He was the LAST person anybody expected to become a celebrity in Korea. When i first found out, i was like WTF..TAEC..?! very unexpected.

he also visited my friends church in New Hampshire a couple of months ago and the ah-juh-mas went CRAZY and like asked him to sign their bibles -__-. He went to visit cause my best friend goes to that church. Everybody in the youth group was going crazy and my friend was like WOW not a big deal, hes HUMAN. the ah-juh-mas were like ripping off his shirt...he felt so uncomfortable. He said he didn't expect church people to react this way =T.

Guest sarangified

^

ROFL. The Ah-juh-mas ripping off his shirt and to get him to sign their bibles? ROFL. >.<. I wouldn't expect church people to react that way either >.<

I know someone who knew someone who debuted.

He went to the same school as her, and she talked to him in the choir or something. :3

Henry Lau; violin boy, aka. my hubby :3

---

back in sept 08 , he visited toronto, and his old high school, where my friend still is

and she was taunting + teasing me;

wouldn't get me a signature. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jenny620

I know someone who knew someone who debuted.

He went to the same school as her, and she talked to him in the choir or something. :3

Henry Lau; violin boy, aka. my hubby :3

---

back in sept 08 , he visited toronto, and his old high school, where my friend still is

and she was taunting + teasing me;

wouldn't get me a signature. :(

so your friend know henry lau??

Archived