nvm...

anways... plus those from before...

I found out my friend went out with a trainee

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest musicpoplove

I met MAster WU from YG entertainment once because I am friends with his mother and mater wu's little brother who goes to my churhc. they both go to my churhc, meet them daily, so nice :)

master wu came once because his dad died,

hes not a trainni,... lol but im just saying.

oh and my freind's dad use to go to the same school with Lee soo man (SM). And they would go golfing when SM would come to NY.

and once my mom tried to bribe my friends dad and talking to him about letting me met SM lol!

but they dont meet often so its hard

Guest angel_cutie

but if you get accepeted for being a trainee people look down at you alot even if you do have talent..cuz you're relying on relationship in getting into the company than using your talents so thats why people talk about you behind your back...

kinda like sunny from so nyuh shi dae. they were likesoo many rumors about her being lee soon man's niece and yeah thats true but still..she trained in a diff company before some person in sm tol her to audition and tranfer^^

Guest skeezeee

but my friend's sister went out with

kim kibum's sister's boyfriend's brother...

uhh yeah. XD

My cousin's friend went out with Kibum's cousin. -thumbs up.-

(x

+ My friend Hannah has a whole bunch of connections,

cause her dad's like .. super rich. They own some really popular

Korean supermarket in the OC. o__o" (it's called AR=arirang .. or something XD)

But yeah .. her brother knows Se7en & her mom used to be

bestfriends with Boa's mom. :blink:

&there's a lot more where that came from -.-

Personally, like most people said on here, it's just better if

you get in by talent, not connections, cause it's all gonna

backfire in the end o_o"

this has kinda changed into a connections thread >.<

ive mentioned my trainee friends..but i neva actually told u that...

one of them was jessica

i was frends with her wen i was younger...so i dont really remember

but she's 2-3 yrs older than me...so i looked up to her ^^

and another friend of mine was friends with her too...

and she's now a trainee...

she asnt debuted..but her name is GINA and has featured in kim jong wook (a new singer)'s 1st album

i think that she has decided to leave her dream of becoming a singer

and become an actress instead..

i was closer to her than jessica

cos her mum worked with my dad..so we saw each other regularly

whereas, we met jessica wen we went over to the states cos my family is family frends...well was...family frends with her family

and another oppa that i used to learn music theory with is a trainee

same ent comp as sung shi kyung..

he has an amazing voice..so watch out for him ^^

Guest mefirst89

Personally, like most people said on here, it's just better if

you get in by talent, not connections, cause it's all gonna

backfire in the end o_o"

i said this in another thread. this is just my opinion BUT...

i don't thnk your last statement is very true...

isn't korea more about having connections and $ for you to debut. (not all but there are A LOT especially from sm....) there are a lot of talanted ppl in korea but they can't debut because of money issues. these companies need money to support their artists and trainees and with the lack of album sales because asia is all about free download..

** and this is just so my post relates to this thread

a korean guy from my school was best friends with henry and he taught henry his dance moves. they used to perform together in various places. not big news cuz it seems like everyone in the GTA has a connection to henry lol

Guest ness-ugh

I was a trainee... i was training in the US and then I was gonna go to Korea in the summer to train full time... but it was too hard lol. I wanted to be an actor, and i like acting, but they had me in singing/dancing/korean lessons too and i was like screw this... :sweatingbullets: I kinda regret it now, and have been wondering if i should call the offices in Korea lol.

Oh and also Tim is the cousin of this girl I know from SFC.

I became a trainee back in 1998 at the age of 12. I was there for a while & did the same thing as "dancingbymyself". ^^

All the singing/dancing/korean lessons got to be too much for someone as young as i was. And plus, since i'm from the states, being so far from my parents was WAY hard. I left after two years & went back to school.

(gettin' back onto topic...) Then during my sophomore year of high school, my cousin from Korea contacted me 'cause he got scouted (to a different company). My cousin asked if i wanted to give it a try again. So i went back just for the summer when i was 16. (I went back because i had a lot of interest in this certain company.. and still do! i totally love their artists!)

I had my fun there, but wanted to graduate high school before concentrating on all the training again. Who knows, maybe i'll go back, maybe i wont. But right now, i'm just happy for my cousin who's (still) busting his butt off!

It's cool sharing this with you all , because i dont really talk about my training days OR my cousin who's training right now. Not even with my best friend. Only my church friends & family know.

(BTW, i just saw some of his pictures in one of the forums here! It gave me the chills!)

Guest little_brat92

@ ness-ugh: That's cool! Good luck!! and good luck to your cousin!! It was nice of you to share this to us as well. =D

Guest ness-ugh

@ ness-ugh: That's cool! Good luck!! and good luck to your cousin!! It was nice of you to share this to us as well. =D

aww, you're sweet! <3

thank you!

edit:

woah, please delete this! i totally posted instead of PMing the person! sorry!

Guest alicewhattt

my friends friend is cousins with Brian of FTTS. she got to meet Tae Jin ah and Eru at hollywood bowl rehersals.(she already knew hwanhee) another one of my friends friend is Ayumi's cousin.

Guest tvxqsaranghae

my friend made it in SM o_o

and my frd is cousins with siwon

did both paul and peter make it into sm or did only one of them make it?

edit: .....is it paul/ peter?? im just assuming cuz everybdy talks about paul and peter in the vancouver thread O_O

Guest &._Euphoria

one of my soompi/real life friend in here is currently uprooting herself to go to Korea for SM.

She auditioned last year and got in. :]

Guest miz shelle329

my friend got in to some company but he cant tell us anything..or he chooses not to

its his "secret life"

he does train for sure probably for dance

he was at jang yoon jung's concert to help out when she came a couple of months ago

but he didnt tell us of course until AFTERWARDS.

he has pictures with her and more from dance studios.

its crazy...so weird...

also i had a friend whose dad was in the music business but he recently quit

he got free tickets to bi's first concert in nyc for his son..

i also knew the girl who got called up to the stage the first night

she got a song, ring, teddy bear...

apparently her brother was in the same grade as me.

--edit--

now that i think of it....my friend was quite mad becuase she had been dying to see him

and the person that happened to go up was someone we knew :P

Guest e ; c h o .

I have a friend that is friends with Tiffany from SNSD. Does that count? lol.

We're hoping to see her again at the 2008 HB. ^_^

Guest chymali

I think it would be better off if you got in through your own means rather than 'connections'.

People would respect you more, and you'd appreciate this opportunity more.

That's just my opinion. (:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Superjuniorislovex3

^

I agree with you, chymali :) However sometimes i think there are some conditions where the connections isn't used as an advantage or cheating way you know? Like say for instance (im really not talking about anyone; just an example) an asian is living in canada, england, etc. and there's really no way for them to be in the asian or lets say you're chinese/japanese and want to be in the korean entertainment biz. Maybe their parents have a connection; uh small or big don't know. So they ask their connections on how they can audition. but this person isn't asking to right away get a contract and etc. maybe just asking help on how they can audition or etc. because that isn't bad right?

i talked to someone before and they said their friend was friends with henry.

Archived