Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2025 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings/Love Scout[SBS]; More Beautiful Than Heaven[JTBC]

richelle

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

And I second the motion:wub:

I don't think Josee will be shown next month. NJH has 2 dramas to premiere. I prefer his dramas to premiere first before Josee is shown so he and ji min can focus on the movie promotions. I have a feeling Josee will premiere November, hopefully:wub: Have a nice weekend and please be safe everyone:)

• Like 2
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

Haha can really imagine the height difference when ji min wearing flats.  Fanmade HJM & GY.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFScVz3BM8O/?igshid=1fkfkhpktj6gx

On 9/18/2020 at 11:37 AM, tok-soompi said:

Hope she works with either KNG or GY one day. 

Love her new stuff from golden dew :wub:

• Love 3

Miss Baek was my 2nd HJM's project that I have ever watched her in. At the time, I remember feeling completely blown away by her portrayal of Miss Baek and couldn't believe that the person playing the role of Miss Baek is the same actress who played Jung In in OSN.  Lately, I have been back reading this thread and landed on Miss Baek's timeframe.  Miss Baek had earned her so many well-deserved awards but JM didn't even post the coveted Baeksang or Blue Dragon awards or other consequential award trophies on her ig. She only posted the golden egg award and the Director's award which aren't as big as B.D award.  What a humble, considerate, and classy lady.  Many of her competitors are her friends so she rather celebrated privately, her thoughtfulness truly impressed me. 

I have never written a movie/drama review before, so I am honored to have given my 1st movie review to Miss Baek, a 5/5 star rating on Amazon.  Currently, this movie received a 5 star rating on US amazon but the number of reviewers is on the lower side compared to other korean movies on Amazon.  I hope more people will see this impactful movie.

Josee movie - i am having mixed feelings on the movie being released this year. On one hand, I can't wait to see her again but on the other hand, the timing sucks with covid 19 which may impact the success in box office. Stage greetings, press conference, and fan interactions may be limited or even eliminated.  Also, NJH is filming a drama right now which means the promotional responsibility will fall on JM.  So I rather see the movie being postponed to early next year, if possible.

One last thing then I'll shut up.  North America Netflix just picked up Familiar Wife with a release date Oct 2020.  Many K-dramas/films are made available on Asia Netflix but not on US Netflix due to various copyright/licensing issues or simply lack of demand.  This is huge!! Familiar Wife and OSN are the only HJM works on US Netflix.  More North America viewers will be able to watch FW and hopefully fall in love with HJM.  Her global popularity is on the rise ever since Miss Baek and OSN, I believe through FW,  it would expand her fan base. After all, that's how I discovered her, through her Netflix show. :wub:

Edit: I was wrong about JM not posting her blue dragon award in her ig. She posed with Kim Yun Seok who also won the award. She didn't post her baeksang award though. Nevertheless, I still admire her grace and humility, as testified by many of her colleagues too.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

@Chrc I am so glad FW will be shown basically globally in Netflix. It only means OSN made an impact that they are showing another great drama of our han ji min. How I wish they will also add TLIYE as those last 3 dramas of ji min are all worth it to watch, not once but many times. So many life lessons to learn:wub:

I have been a long time fan of han ji min and until now, I have been blown away by her recent performances. She has improved so so much that sometimes I can't believe I am watching the same han ji min lol. I am a fan but I have accepted her limitations as an actress before. But come FW, MB, TLIYE and OSN are shown and I can't believe my eyes. I am so proud of how she improved in the acting department. That's why I am really looking forward to Josee. I am sure she will amaze me once again:wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, richelle said:

@Chrc I am so glad FW will be shown basically globally in Netflix. It only means OSN made an impact that they are showing another great drama of our han ji min. How I wish they will also add TLIYE as those last 3 dramas of ji min are all worth it to watch, not once but many times. So many life lessons to learn:wub:

I have been a long time fan of han ji min and until now, I have been blown away by her recent performances. She has improved so so much that sometimes I can't believe I am watching the same han ji min lol. I am a fan but I have accepted her limitations as an actress before. But come FW, MB, TLIYE and OSN are shown and I can't believe my eyes. I am so proud of how she improved in the acting department. That's why I am really looking forward to Josee. I am sure she will amaze me once again:wub:

@richelle @Chrc TLIYE is in Netfkix, at least in Netflix-Philippines. It’s been there for sometime already. Jimin’s in Netflix-PHI are OSN, TLIYE, Cain&Abel, Hyde, Jekyll&Me and hopefully, coming soon is FW. What is missing is Padam^2.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Are there movies being shown in korea right now? The last I have heard is Peninsula and also being shown in drive in cinemas here in our country. While drive in cinemas are common in korea, we only have 2 right now lol. I wonder if SJK's movie was shown on schedule. I was also a bit skeptical of Josee being shown during this pandemic but it has been a while I think that a melo romantic movie was shown. Also there will be not that much competition if that would help. Oh well it will be their decision and I hope that would be the best for the movie:)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, richelle said:

Are there movies being shown in korea right now? The last I have heard is Peninsula and also being shown in drive in cinemas here in our country. While drive in cinemas are common in korea, we only have 2 right now lol. I wonder if SJK's movie was shown on schedule. I was also a bit skeptical of Josee being shown during this pandemic but it has been a while I think that a melo romantic movie was shown. Also there will be not that much competition if that would help. Oh well it will be their decision and I hope that would be the best for the movie:)

It appears many films scheduled to be released this year have either been postponed or had the press con held online due to recent change in S.K. law in dealing with the pandemic. - based on Aug 27 2020 article

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421989wpp/space-sweepers-and-other-films-postpone-premieres-due-to-covid-19

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I didn't realize Korea was doing drive in screenings too. Yea it seems like the films get their release date pushed by a month and it eventually does get released. I am not sure how long it is in theatre for or how sales are doing. Shin Min Ah's movie Diva is also out on Sept 23. Ha Ji Won's movie Pawn is also coming out as planned this week too. I had also notice that movies recently came out are going on Netflix. I noticed Alive is on Netflix now. It came out earlier this month in Korea (not sure if it always had a Netflix deal as I wasn't following the film). Wish there was more HJM content on Netflix My Netlix only has One Spring Night and Cain and Abel. Good thing there is viki and other platforms to watch her other projects

• Like 4