Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2024 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings[SBS]

richelle

On 1/11/2019 at 9:35 PM, unknown12 said:

First Ji Sung, and now Son Ho Jun, it seems that Han Ji Min wants to make amends with her old rivals :D. well, though it's not a realtime rival like Ji Sung, Son Ho Jun's drama Go Back Couple had always compared to Familiar Wife, so...:smirk:.

Many people is expecting the chemistry between Nam Joo Hyuk and Han ji min, but i on the other side is expecting the chemistry between the siblings (HJM and SHJ), I really hope it will be not just funny but hilarious :lol: (well finger crossed).

Me too!  I am looking forward the chemistry between the siblings be it ji min or kim hye ja.  I hope they will make my stomach hurt. :D

• Like 2

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

January 17, 2019

Asian Film Awards announce nominations

By Yeo Ye-rim INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Actors Yoo Ah-in and Han Ji-min have been nominated in the Best Actor and Best Actress categories at the upcoming Asian Film Awards. The news comes a few days after the film “Burning” picked up eight nominations for the ceremony, including Best Film.

Yoo, who starred in “Burning,” has been nominated as the Best Actor alongside Chinese actor Xu Zheng from the film “Dying to Survive” (2018), Hong Kong actor Aaron Kwok from the film “Project Gutenberg” (2018) and others.

16204259.jpg

Han, recognized for her role in the film “Miss Baek” (2018), has been nominated as the Best Actress alongside Japanese actor Ando Sakura from the film “Shoplifters” (2018) and others.

The film “Burning” directed by Lee Chang-dong was nominated in eight categories, including Best Film, Best Director, Best Production Designer and Best Screenwriter.

Other Korean actors shortlisted for the awards include rookie actor Jeong Jong-seo from “Burning” for Best Newcomer, Jin Seo-yeon from “Believer” for Best Supporting Actress and Kwon Hae-hyo from “Hotel by the River” for Best Supporting Actor.

The 13th edition of the 2019 Asian Film Awards is set to take place on March 19 in Hong Kong.

• Like 3

I feel like this drama of ji min will be more female centric and I'm loving it:wub: Gone are the days that her role is only a plot device to the male lead's character. Ji min has already graduated on those roles. She picks her drama better and her roles are definitely meaty. I hope same with movies but it is just harder compared to dramas. Can't wait for her drama, it should be fun:D

• Like 2

New teaser

Credit to author

Soompi explained the teaser:

•  

Watch: Nam Joo Hyuk Opens Up About His Past To Han Ji Min In Teaser For New Drama

Watch: Nam Joo Hyuk Opens Up About His Past To Han Ji Min In Teaser For New Drama

Jan 21, 2019
by J. Lim

Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk have hearts racing with the latest teaser for their new JTBC drama “Dazzling” (working title)!

“Dazzling” will tell the story of a woman who loses all of her time before being able to use it and a man who throws away the brightest days of his life. Though the two are living in the same moment, it almost feels as though they are living in completely different worlds.

The new teaser sheds light on the reason why Nam Joo Hyuk’s character lives the way he does. He narrates, “The only land I haven’t lived on in this country is Jeju Island. Because my father always gets into trouble with money, we moved around so much that I never knew what it meant to get attached to your neighborhood. But I’ve grown attached to this neighborhood.”

Han Ji Min states, “This place is pretty nice in the spring. Lots of flowers bloom and it’s pretty.” Nam Joo Hyuk looks at her and replies, “Then let’s see it together. Spring, let’s see it together.”

“Dazzling” will premiere on February 11.

• Like 2

If not for soompi, how can we understand the teaser lol. I hope viki subs this drama, or viu or kocowa, hoping for the subtitle to be available the next day. This is pre produced so my expectations are high. Director is good so fingers cross. Ji min will slay again in this drama. So excited, fighting:wub:

• Like 2

Han Ji Min Travels Through Time In Poster For New Romance Drama With Nam Joo Hyuk

Han Ji Min Travels Through Time In Poster For New Romance Drama With Nam Joo Hyuk

Jan 21, 2019
by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Dazzling” (working title) has unveiled a sentimental poster featuring stars Han Ji Min and Kim Hye Ja!

“Dazzling” is a new fantasy drama about the love story between a woman who has the ability to travel through time, but finds herself entangled in a knotted timeline (played by both Han Ji Min and Kim Hye Ja), and a man who carelessly throws away the brightest days of his youth by leading a torpid life (played by Nam Joo Hyuk).

On January 21, the drama released a new poster showing Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min waving cheerfully at the camera together, bathed in the warm glow of autumn sunshine. The caption reads, “There is not a single day that is not dazzlingly bright.”

Dazzling.jpg

The producers of “Dazzling” commented, “Through the story of the youthful Hye Ja, who has lost her share of the time that is given equally to each person, and the Hye Ja in her seventies, whose soul is still in her twenties, we will convey the value of the time we waste meaninglessly and the moments we’ve taken for granted.”

They added, “The drama will provide a warm, relatable story wrapped up in refreshing laughter.”

“Dazzling” will premiere on February 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST, following the conclusion of “Clean with Passion for Now.” Check out the latest teasers here!

• Like 2

Article below from Forbes:

Jan 21, 2019,6:49 am

Han Ji Min's Miss Baek Opens Crazy Broke Asians Winter Film Showcase

Joan MacDonaldContributor
I'm a journalist fascinated by Korean drama and film.
missbaek.jpg?width=960

Han Ji Min plays Miss Baek, an ex-con who has no intention of making commitments.LITTLE BIG PICTURES

Miss Baek, starring Han Ji Min, will open the New York Asian Film Festival’s first-ever Winter Showcase in New York City. Titled Crazy Broke Asians, the name of the February event plays off the successful 2018 film Crazy Rich Asians, which won best comedy honors at the Critics Choice Awards and an outstanding performance by a cast award at the 25th Screen Actors Guild Awards.

As a contrast to Crazy Rich Asians’ comedic take on Asian affluence, festival’s organizers decided to focus their showcase on Asian films that relate the extraordinary but less-moneyed lives of ordinary people.

“I know the producers of Crazy Rich Asians well, and have immense respect for what they did,” said Samuel Jamier, executive director of the New York Asian Film Festival and president of the New York Asian Film Foundation. “But the team and I felt we ought to do an event showcasing films that put the spotlight on how the other half lives—more like the 99%—halfway across the world.”

Han was named the first ambassador of the New York Asian Film Festival because of her moving performance in Miss Baek and also the values she shares with festival organizers.

“It was the most striking performance I’ve seen in a Korean film in the past year,” said Jamier. “Raw, radical, truly different from what she did before. And the film was such an obvious fit for the main theme we picked for our first edition of the winter showcase. It’s a strong genre piece, entertaining but with a strong message, female-directed, and female-lead.”

hanjiminbaek.jpg?width=960

A chance encounter with a child changes Baek Sung Ah’s life.LITTLE BIG PICTURES

The actress is best known for her roles in the contemporary Korean television dramas Cain and Abel and Padam Padam,  as well as the comedies Rooftop Prince, with Park Yoochun, and most recently in Familiar Wife, with co-star Ji Sung. Her last big screen appearance was the 2016 historical thriller, The Age of Shadows with co-stars Song Kang Ho and Gong Yoo.

In the stunningly beautiful and heart-rending Miss Baek, her character, Baek Sang Ah, is an ex-convict. Baek served time for assault because the man who tried to rape her was rich and well-connected. Already scarred by childhood abuse, she finds it difficult to trust anyone. She has no intention of making commitments until she meets an abused girl and decides to save her. Miss Baek may talk tough, yet with all the swearing and fighting she does, she seems heartbreakingly fragile.

For Han, the film presented not only an acting challenge but an important message. Han told the Korea Times that she accepted the role because it deals with the painful subject of child abuse but looks at it “with a warm heart.”

“When I first read the script, I felt like all the things [in the movie] happen in the real world. Baek is very different from the characters I’ve done before, but I felt strongly like I wanted to embrace her hurt and vulnerability.”

• Like 1

^it feels so good that until now, there are still nice articles for miss baek and han ji min. That role and movie is her best yet in her career. Thankfully, it gets to be shown and many people were able to appreciate it. Looking forward to her opening the festival:wub:

She is taking her much needed rest. Have fun and enjoy ji min:D

• Like 1

Source below from Soompi

Nam Joo Hyuk And Han Ji Min Portray Opposite Moods In Character Posters Of Upcoming Drama

Jan 23, 2019
by U. Kim

JTBC’s “Dazzling” (working title) has revealed official posters for the main actors Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, Kim Hye Ja, and Son Ho Jun!

“Dazzling” tells the story of a woman who loses all of her time before being able to use it and a man who throws away his brightest days by living with low energy. The drama is gathering attention due to veteran actress Kim Hye Ja playing a role that shares her name, as well as Han Ji Min being casted for the same role at a different age.

dazzling-kim-hye-ja.jpg

In her poster, Kim Hye Ja walks a dog and enjoys her everyday life. She has a satisfied smile on her face that seems to imply that she has spent a fruitful life. Her character Kim Hye Ja is an optimistic and righteous woman who aspires to be an announcer. One day, she gains the ability to turn back time but ends up getting caught in time that has been tangled up. The text reads, “Time did not wait for us.”

dazzling-han-ji-min.jpg

Han Ji Min has a sweet smile on her face as she looks over at someone. She plays the 25-year-old Kim Hye Ja who loses all of her youthful days and ages in an instant. The text on the poster says, “I really wanted to turn back time.”

It will be interesting to see how the character Kim Hye Ja, whose body is in her 70s and mind is in her 20s, is portrayed by the two actresses.

dazzling-nam-joo-hyuk.jpg

Nam Joo Hyuk plays Lee Joon Ha, an aspiring reporter who has the appearance and qualifications that everyone is jealous of. However, something happens to him, and he begins to live a soulless life. Accordingly, the poster reads, “Time has no meaning to me anymore.” Viewers will get to find out why he decided to give up on his promising life and how he encounters the two Kim Hye Ja.

dazzling-son-ho-jun.jpg

Lastly, Son Ho Jun plays Kim Young Soo, Kim Hye Ja’s older brother. He will be the comedic character of the show, as his expression in the poster already suggests. The text reads, “Isn’t time all we have?” Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, and Son Ho Jun will show a hilarious and realistic depiction of sibling relationships.

“Dazzling” is set to air after the end of “Clean with Passion for Now” on February 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

• Like 2

January 21, 2019

MISS BAEK to Open NYAFF Winter Showcase

HAN Ji-min to Serve as New York Asian Film Festival Ambassador

by Pierce Conran KOFIC

ugPXVHEHBIUynpDawBkg.jpg

The New York Asian Film Festival is launching its first ‘Winter Showcase’ next month and the film that has been selected to open the event is LEE Ji-won’s indie drama Miss Baek (2018). The film’s star HAN Ji-min will visit the American metropolis on the occasion of the opening as an ambassador for the showcase.

HAN plays BAEK Sang-ah, a woman who was subjected to abuse as a child and has grown a tough exterior as an adult. When she witnesses a young girl experiencing similar problems she decides to try to help her. The film is the debut of director LEE, who previously made the award-winning short film Talk To Her in 2007.

Miss Baek (2018) became a solid performer at the Korean box office last year given its smaller budget, welcoming 722,000 viewers (USD 5.38 million). The film has earned an enormous amount of acclaim for HAN’s performance, who received the Best Actress Awards from the Blue Dragon Film Awards and the Korean Association of Film Critics Awards, and has also been nominated in the Best Actress category of the Asian Film Awards. The film previously screened at the Tokyo International Film Festival and the London East Asian Film Festival.

Other Korean films screening in the showcase will include RYOO Seung-wan’s boxing drama Crying Fist (2005) and YANG Ik-june’s indie gangster drama Breathless (2009), which will both be screened on February 3.

• Like 4

They had fun on the script reading for dazzling. Ji min going out of her way to greet kim hye ja personally  and you can see that she really respects her as an actress. Kim hye ja is really one of the major reasons why she accepted this drama. So excited. I guess we are in for a fun ride:wub:

• Like 2