Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

22 hours ago, prinza_13 said:

Do you know the reason behind why he is reluctant to take any romantic role anymore? I don't understand it because he is still charming (in my eyes, hehe..) eventhough he's married

I'm not sure either...

One of the poster here thought maybe he was a bit uncomfortable with the skinship that usually comes with romantic role. 

Although, with My Ahjussi, he had proven to able to build chemistry without even touching his co-star...

And, it seems like he thought he was too old to do romance? 

Not at all, in my opinion. The male lead in the drama Should We Kiss First was 5 years older than LSK... So, I really hope he won't limit himself...

And I agree with you. He's still charming, and handsome, and super hot... Totally fit for a romance lead!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, widala said:

I'm not sure either...

One of the poster here thought maybe he was a bit uncomfortable with the skinship that usually comes with romantic role. 

Although, with My Ahjussi, he had proven to able to build chemistry without even touching his co-star...

Not at all, in my opinion. The male lead in the drama Should We Kiss First was 5 years older than LSK... So, I really hope he won't limit himself...

And I agree with you. He's still charming, and handsome, and super hot... Totally fit for a romance lead!

His wife once said on Healing Camp that sometimes she got jealous when watched her husband's romantic scene. Especially in Pasta when he kissed Gong Hyo Jin (GHJ) in the eyes because that's the way he kissed her when they were dating. Afterwards, his romantic roles were meh and boring. 

GHJ and his wife kinda have resemblance in the face, maybe that's why he was passionate when acted in Pasta? Sorry for my bad joke..hahaha! You know he's a very wife-oriented person ;) 

1 hour ago, prinza_13 said:

His wife once said on Healing Camp that sometimes she got jealous when watched her husband's romantic scene. Especially in Pasta when he kissed Gong Hyo Jin (GHJ) in the eyes because that's the way he kissed her when they were dating. Afterwards, his romantic roles were meh and boring. 

GHJ and his wife kinda have resemblance in the face, maybe that's why he was passionate when acted in Pasta? Sorry for my bad joke..hahaha! You know he's a very wife-oriented person ;) 

Where did you watch Healing Camp with English subtitles?

The videos in YouTube don't have English subtitles...

I think it's nice if he really chose projects that wouldn't upset his wife...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, widala said:

Where did you watch Healing Camp with English subtitles?

The videos in YouTube don't have English subtitles...

I think it's nice if he really chose projects that wouldn't upset his wife...

Do you have Viu on your country? His episodes are on there. It's free and also has english subtitle. I'm eager to watch him on Healing Camp because I want to know what kind of person he is (from his wife perspective). 

7 hours ago, widala said:

I'm not sure either...

A great script with an amazing director that he has really wanted to work with is all that we need to get him to do one again. He said yes to Kim Won Suk before even reviewing the script. I was and still am mad that the planned movie Love is a Virus never happened. 

Does anyone think he will accept a drama role before the end of the year? His schedule seems so busy with promoting Bad Police, maybe Parasite in a few months, then shooting his new movie. If these movies do well in the box office, then maybe a great drama offer will come his way. Although can anything top My Ajusshi ever?

@prinza_13, nice to "meet" you here. I think Jeon So Nee might be an eye witness of some sort. Really doubt that her role is anything substantial.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2019 at 12:42 AM, sadiesmith said:

A great script with an amazing director that he has really wanted to work with is all that we need to get him to do one again. He said yes to Kim Won Suk before even reviewing the script. I was and still am mad that the planned movie Love is a Virus never happened. 

Does anyone think he will accept a drama role before the end of the year? His schedule seems so busy with promoting Bad Police, maybe Parasite in a few months, then shooting his new movie. If these movies do well in the box office, then maybe a great drama offer will come his way. Although can anything top My Ajusshi ever?

@prinza_13, nice to "meet" you here. I think Jeon So Nee might be an eye witness of some sort. Really doubt that her role is anything substantial.

@sadiesmith The reason why Love is a Virus never happened is still a mystery, right? Anyway..thanks a lot for welcoming me. It's nice to "meet" you all here :) 

I believe he has got many awesome projects post My Ahjussi and it will take time to choose the best. Once again, I doubt he will do any romantic role due to his strict rules. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure he doesn't think twice when a project with similar vibes like My Ahjussi knocking at his door.

His movie Parasite is gonna premiere at Cannes Film Festival in this year, so yeah we could get some juicy stuff from there (hahaha). Previously, his wife had a project which also premiered at Cannes. One thing I learned that everyone who worked with his wife later works with him and vice versa. 

If Jeon So Nee's role is small, then she couldn't get credit as second lead (furthermore, she's still a newbie at that time). But, I might be wrong.

23 hours ago, prinza_13 said:

@sadiesmith The reason why Love is a Virus never happened is still a mystery, right? Anyway..thanks a lot for welcoming me. It's nice to "meet" you all here :) 

I believe he got many awesome projects post My Ahjussi and it will take time to choose the best. Once again, I doubt he will do any romantic role due to his strict rules. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure he doesn't think twice when a project with similar vibes like My Ahjussi knocking at his door.

His movie Parasite is gonna premiere at Cannes Film Festival in this year, so yeah we could get some juicy stuff from there (hahaha). Previously, his wife had a project which also premiered at Cannes. One thing I learned that everyone who worked with his wife later works with him and vice versa. 

If Jeon So Nee's role is small, then she couldn't get credit as second lead (furthermore, she's still a newbie at that time). But, I might be wrong.

Mydramalist listed JSN as a supporting character. Not having seen her in Encounter, does she seem mature or young? I think you know what I mean. Lee Yeon Hee and IU were around the same age when they acted opposite LSK, but LYH was totally a woman whereas IU appeared younger than her age.

Three movies premiering over such a short span of time. I hope Korean audience don't get tired of him. :D

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Mydramalist listed JSN as a supporting character. Not having seen her in Encounter, does she seem mature or young? I think you know what I mean. Lee Yeon Hee and IU were around the same age when they acted opposite LSK, but LYH was totally a woman whereas IU appeared younger than her age.

Three movies premiering over such a short span of time. I hope Korean audience don't get tired of him. :D

@sadiesmith Eventhough she's a supporting actor, she might be getting important role in there. I looked on Hancinema she listed on second lead after LSK. If she's a supporting one, then they shouldn't put her there (my opinion) :) 

Her full profile is on AsianWiki. If I'm not mistaken she was born on 1991. So, she is also at the same age as them when acted with him.

This time LSK doing this movie as lead actor with mostly unknown actors. The pressure must be real. In Parasite and King Maker he works with well-known movie actors/directors in S. Korea, so he doesn't need to worry.   

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

2019022511111973900.jpeg

Oh my, I didn't realize they're having the press conference today. Is that Jeon So Nee in the middle? Looks like it.

@sadiesmith Yep..there she is. We're thirsty for LSK's romance....LOLOL ;)

@widalaThis movie is about a Bad Police turned into a Good Police after helping a girl out of deadly sequence. Looking at Jeon So Nee's cut scene, she potrayed a similar aura with Lee Ji An in My Ahjussi. What do you think?

@prinza_13

I don't know... According to this article

http://m.newspim.com/news/view/20190225000342

Jeon So Nee will play as a highschool student (I read the article using Papago).

So, maybe their connection could develop to be a familial relationships.

If this movie went on the usual (cliche :lol:) route of redemption, there's a chance that Choi Pil Ho will sacrifice himself to save JNS character (Mina, if I'm not mistaken).

Or, maybe there will a be a twist like A Hard Day?

On 2/24/2019 at 12:42 AM, sadiesmith said:

Maybe you already know about his two years drama cycles? If he stick to this, there's a chance we'll be able to see him on tv again in 2020 :tears:

But, usually the announcement about drama is made a couple of months before the shooting begin, so let's hope we'll be hearing about his drama at the second half of this year (and please let it be a romance :D)

• Like 1

@widala Do you know that Man From Nowhere also has the same director as this movie? Won Bin got popular recognitions/awards when acted in there. There is also similar pattern with previous one, which is a man trying to save a (little) girl's life by giving up his life.

If this true, then *drum roll* we'll be watching an award movie. His dream to achieve prestigious award is likely to happen soon.

3 hours ago, prinza_13 said:

@widala Do you know that Man From Nowhere also has the same director as this movie? Won Bin got popular recognitions/awards when acted in there. There is also similar pattern with previous one, which is a man trying to save a (little) girl's life by giving up his life.

If this true, then *drum roll* we'll be watching an award movie. His dream to achieve prestigious award is likely to happen soon.

Well, I am not as optimistic. This director's last movie No Tears for the Dead starring big names Jang Dong Gun and Kim Min Hee tanked at the box office and not critically well received either. Coincidentally it came out around the same time as A Hard Day. So yeah, no guarantee, although I hope the director has learned from what didn't work and will finally produce something as awesome as Man from Nowhere this time.

@widala, I think you're right that JSN's role might be that of a very young girl. 

• Like 1