Lee Sun-Kyun 이선균

Helena

Still hoping for a good amount of LSK screen time in PMC. They said the story is told from first person point of view (Ha Jung Woo).  Haven't seen much of him in any of the released trailers.

English articles on the press conference yesterday:

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20181121000597

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3055944&cloc=etc|jad|googlenews

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, widala said:

Let's just hope for the best :D

According to the article, the movie will not be released in my country :tears:

The article didn't mention the US either.  :tears:  But I did read another article earlier that mentioned it will be released in many countries, so fingers crossed.  Do you get a lot of Korea movies where you are?

Hahaha... I really love the tidbit about LSK's wife talking about him to HJW, making HJW feel as if they were already best friends.  I also read somewhere that LSK's basketball buddies eventually became close to and played more with HJW.  Hope the movie becomes big success and help LSK's career.  It's a bit strange that he's now sort of playing second lead after being main lead for so long.  I'm thinking this PMC movie, Parasite with Song Kang Ho, and King Maker with yet another veteran actor.  Is this a good trend? On the other hand, he is acting with big name actors and directors, so that has got to serve him well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

The article didn't mention the US either.  :tears:  But I did read another article earlier that mentioned it will be released in many countries, so fingers crossed.  Do you get a lot of Korea movies where you are?

Not really, only the super famous ones, like Along with the Gods. But, they only released the movie in certain cinema, not all...

8 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Hahaha... I really love the tidbit about LSK's wife talking about him to HJW, making HJW feel as if they were already best friends.  I also read somewhere that LSK's basketball buddies eventually became close to and played more with HJW

My thoughts went straight to Hoogye's ahjussideul, middle age men bonding over sport :D and... muscled calves.

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, widala said:

Not really, only the super famous ones, like Along with the Gods. But, they only released the movie in certain cinema, not all...

This article lists more countries and looks like it will come to the US.  Yay!  Maybe it will come to your country, too.

http://www.cyfren.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=movienews&wr_id=4504

• Thanks 1

Right, @dotonly

Those people should just go and listen to IU's song Bbibbi ...Hello stu P I D... :P

Anyway, I love the bad boy vibe he got going with the leather jacket...

Maybe someday he could play a villain. Like real villain, not like his character in A Special Lady, but irredeemable bad guy we all love to hate :D

Too bad, no news yet on his character in the movie Parasite...

5 hours ago, widala said:

Right, @dotonly

Those people should just go and listen to IU's song Bbibbi ...Hello stu P I D... :P

Anyway, I love the bad boy vibe he got going with the leather jacket...

Maybe someday he could play a villain. Like real villain, not like his character in A Special Lady, but irredeemable bad guy we all love to hate :D

Too bad, no news yet on his character in the movie Parasite...

I haven't watched A Special Lady in its entirety because of bad reviews.  Isn't his character an outright villain there?

I personally really enjoyed A Hard Day.  LSK was so good at playing that morally ambiguous detective.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I haven't watched A Special Lady in its entirety because of bad reviews.  Isn't his character an outright villain there?

Since it's a gangster movie, so I think there's no real good guy or bad guy. Only "protagonist" Kim Hye Soo character who was the right hand of the gangster boss.

LSK character (ironically named Sang Hoon) was the henchman who did the dirty works for the boss. He's in love with KHS.

In my opinion, LSK char is pathetic and pitiful. He's continuously being looked down by the boss, KHS won't love him back, he was used by a dirty prosecutor...

Spoiler

Once he found out that KHS had a son with the boss, he went rampant, betrayed and killed everyone. He tricked KHS to kill him because what was the point of living without your love boo hoo

This secondary character's musing summed up the movie for me

Spoiler

xFNK68H_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Story wise it was kind of meh.

But it was fun flick. On the good side, KHS was super bad richard simmons with that cool white hair and

Spoiler

We got to see LSK showed some skin, the whole 2 seconds of it

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Can't say he didn't bring this upon himself, hahaha... 

My eyes hurt :flushed:

The first one wasn't so bad if not for that shiny blue yellow vest, and the third... I hope he gave those away :lol:

But I think he's getting better now (?)

Let's clear our mind with these photos set again, but this was posted by Toyota. I think we haven't seen the second pic...

• Like 1

I'm happy that Lee Ji Eun won many awards for her role as Lee Ji An in My Ahjussi...

Park Ho San and Jang Ki Yong won some awards too. And they DESERVED IT, for their talents and hard work.

But, it breaks my heart that Lee Sun Kyun haven't won anything for his work in My Ahjussi. I mean, he's the AHJUSSI, the soul of the drama.

I know these awards shows don't always have the greatest credibility on determining their winners, but it is still a form of recognition.

Spoiler

Although AAA is getting ridiculed because they gave artists of the year awards to like nine people?

And there's a lot of categories with a lot of winners so it seems like they gave the award to anyone who attended :sweatingbullets:

And maybe he's happy enough even without these awards (seing how genuinely he was glad for that other actor who won best actor at the Seoul award), so it probably doesn't really matter to him.

I don't know... I'm just hoping for the best for him on Baeksang and his future career...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1