Shin Hyun Joon 신현준

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 11, 2013
Top 10 celebrity couples in South Korea
By Lee Hyun-jeong The Korea Herald

A growing number of South Korean celebrities have been meeting their soul mates within the entertainment industry, heralding a boom of star couples. Against this backdrop, The Korea Herald has summed up the top 10 celebrity couples that draw keen attention from fans in Korea and elsewhere.
1. Lee Byung-hun & Lee Min-jung 
20130611000783_0.jpg

Actors Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung are tying the knot in August. Breaking up after a brief relationship in 2006, they reunited and have been together since last year. 
Lee Byung-hun is best known for movies such as “Joint Security Area,” “A Bittersweet Life” and “Gwanghae.” He recently starred in “Red 2” and “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” alongside Hollywood actors. Lee is also the first Asian to place his hand and footprint in the forecourt of Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood, Los Angeles, along with actor Ahn Sung-gi. 
Actress Lee Min-jung gained popularity from the drama “Boys Over Flowers” and the film “Wonderful Radio.” She recently acted as a politician in the drama “All About My Romance.” 
2. Han Hye-jin & Ki Sung-yueng
20130611000784_0.jpg

Actress Han Hye-jin and Swansea City football player Ki Sung-yueng are engaged, becoming newlyweds in July. The couple has been dating since earlier this year when they met on TV show SBS “Healing Camp” as host and guest. Ki is eight years younger than Han. 
Han Hye-jin, who starred in several dramas and movies, has long hosted “Healing Camp” with comedian Lee Kyung-kyu and Kim Jae-dong. She will move to the U.K. after marriage while continuing her acting career. 
Ki Sung-yueng currently plays as a central midfielder for Premier League club Swansea City and for the South Korean national team. Ki transferred to Swansea City last year after playing for FC Seoul and Celtic. 
3. Seo Tai-ji & Lee Eun-sung
20130611000785_0.jpg

The legendary musician Seo Tai-ji is marrying actress Lee Eun-sung soon. They met each other first in 2008 when Lee appeared in a music video for Seo’s eighth album, “Bermuda Triangle.” After remaining as friends for a year, the couple began dating in 2009, overcoming the 16-year age difference. They are already living together with Seo’s parents. This is Seo’s second marriage after a divorce with actress Lee Ji-ah in 2006. No concrete plans for the wedding ceremony have yet been announced.
Seo Tai-ji was the leader of Seo Tai-ji and Boys, the first modern band that sparked a new music trend in the early 1990s. After the team broke up in 1996, Seo flew to the U.S. and released his own albums from time to time. He is now living in Korea.
Lee Eun-sung appeared in several dramas and movies such as “Sharp” and the film “Take Off.” Lee’s acting career has been inactive since 2009. 
4. Baek Ji-young & Jang Suk-won 
20130611000786_0.jpg

Singer Baek Ji-young recently married actor Jang Suk-won on June 2 after dating for more than three years. Jang is nine years younger than Baek. The couple is expecting their first child this coming fall. 
Baek Ji-young, who debuted in 1999, explored a broad range of music from ballad to Latin-style dance music. Baek is considered one of the most popular female dance artists. She has been featured as a music coach on cable channel Mnet’s “Voice Korea,” a singing talent competition show. 
Jung Suk-won has appeared in several television series including “Rooftop Prince” and “Haeundae Lovers.” He is currently in the midst of filming “N.L.L -- Battle of Yeonpyeong,” a movie based on the true story of the battle of Yeonpyeongdo Island.
5. Shin Hyun-joon
20130611000787_0.jpg

Actor Shin Hyun-joon just tied the knot with a Korean-American woman 12 years his junior last month. His wife is currently studying for a Ph.D. in music in the U.S. According to Shin, he ran into her on the street and fell in love at first sight.
Shin, who debuted in the film “General’s Son” in 1990, has broadened his acting career through diverse roles in films such as “The Ginko Bed,” “Barefoot Ki-bong” and “Marrying the Mafia.” Shin also hosts KBS2’s entertainment news show “Entertainment Relay.”
6. Sun-ye
20130611000788_0.jpg

Wonder Girls leader Sun-ye married Korean-Canadian missionary James Park in January this year. It marked the first case in which a South Korean idol got married while maintaining an active career. 
The couple met during a missionary trip to Haiti in 2011. After the wedding, Sun-ye moved to Canada where her husband’s family lives. She is expecting her first child soon. The couple is briefly visiting Korea now. 
Sun-ye was originally scouted by JYP Entertainment through the TV show “Park Jin-young’s 99% Challenge” in 2001. After several years of training, she debuted as a member of Wonder Girls, a five-girl pop group. 
Having many hit songs including “Tell Me” and “Nobody,” the group released a single album in the U.S. and made the Billboard Hot 100. Sun-ye has not officially left Wonder Girls but it is unclear whether the idol group will be back.
7. Haha & Byul 20130611000789_0.jpg

Entertainer Haha and singer Byul joined hands in matrimony last year after an eight-month relationship. Originally friends, they gradually became closer through Haha’s consistent efforts. The couple is expecting a child due this summer. 
Haha, who originally debuted in a hip-hop group, challenged other fields such as entertainment shows and sitcoms. He is currently one of the main characters of “Infinite Challenge,” a popular entertainment show. 
Byul is a ballad singer who debuted in 2002. She had several music collaborations with other singers including Rain and Na Yoon-kwon. 
8. Jun Ji-hyun 
20130611000790_0.jpg

Actress Jun Ji-hyun married an old friend in 2012. The couple were neighbors before officially dating. Her husband, Choi Jun-hyuk, is a banker whose grandmother is renowned hanbok designer Lee Young-hee. 
Jun gained popularity throughout Korea and Asia with megahit rom-com flick “My Sassy Girl.” After several movies, she jumped to Hollywood and took the lead role in “Blood: The Last Vampire.” Her most recent film was “The Berlin File,” a spy thriller directed by Ryu Seung-wan. 
9. Jung Jun-ho & Lee Ha-jung
20130611000791_0.jpg

Actor Jung Jun-ho married anchorwoman Lee Ha-jung in 2011. They met in 2010 when Lee interviewed Jung on the set of his drama, “Queen of Reversals.” 
Jung has been active in dramas such as “Iris” and “The Last Scandal of My Life.” He also appeared in many movies like “My Boss, My Father” and “The Siren.” He also organized “Love Food Car,” a volunteer organization which prepares free meals for the unprivileged. 
Lee Ha-jung is currently an anchorwoman for a cable TV channel, hosting a current news program. 
10. Jang Dong-gun & Ko So-young
20130611000792_0.jpg

Top star couple Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young tied the knot in 2010 after a two-year relationship. They have been friends since they met on the set of “Love Wind Love Song” in 1999. The couple has a 4-year-old son. 
Actor Jang Dong-gun has been a major star since the late 1990s. Starring in movies such as “Friend” and “Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War,” Jang also appeared in foreign films including “Dangerous Liaisons” and “The Warrior’s Way.” His most recent appearance was in “A Gentleman’s Dignity,” a romantic comedy drama about 40-year-old men finding their true loves. 
Actress Ko So-young had her big break with “Beat,” starring with actor Jung Woo-sung in 1997. Ko has been inactive since the movie “Project Makeover” in 2007. She has been keeping up public appearances through commercials and the fashion business. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

image FACEBOOK

October 30, 2013
Daejong Film Awards announces its hosts
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily

30211345.jpg

Actor Shin Hyun-joon and actress Ha Ji-won will host the 2013 Daejong Film Awards tomorrow at KBS concert hall in Yeouido, western Seoul.
The award organizer said it chose the two because they’ve skillfully hosted big events and other entertainment shows, and starred in movies and TV dramas. It said it expects the 50th edition of the awards to go smoothly. 
A total of 51 movies have been submitted to the awards, and critics have been reviewing films since last month to early this month. About 100 critics have participated in picking the winners, including some professionals and laymen.
The awards will be streamed live on KBS, and the event will feature a red-carpet event starting at 6 p.m. prior to the award ceremony at 7:25 p.m.

• 1 month later...

December 20, 2013
Lee Mi Sook, Shin Hyeon Jun, Joo Sang Wook and SNSD’s Yoona to MC ‘2013 KBS Drama Awards’
CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee Min Ji  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

The four MCs have been chosen for this year’s KBS Drama Awards. 
According to KBS, the four MCs, Lee Mi Sook, Shin Hyeon Jun, Joo Sang Wook and Girls’ Generation (SNSD)’s Yoona, will be representing those in their twenties to the fifties to lead the show suited for the audience in various age groups. 
54066002.jpg

Shin Hyun Joon has experience hosting KBS 2TV’s Entertainment Weekly and various award ceremonies in the past, and also presented an award with Yoona in last year’s KBS Drama Awards. 
Yoona also acted with Lee Mi Sook as mother and daughter in KBS’s Love Rain.
The 2013 KBS Drama Awards will be broadcasted live on December 31.
Photo credit: Newsen

• 1 month later...

January 25, 2014
Actor Shin Hyun Joon Apologizes for His Absence on “Weekly Entertainment”
by lellie soompi.com
125.jpg
Actor Shin Hyun Joon explained his reason for not being able to make the live broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “Weekly Entertainment” this week.

On January 24, Shin Hyun Joon tweeted a message, “To all the viewers of ‘Weekly Entertainment, I recently got a nose surgery (septum, sinus infection), and the surgery was more serious that I thought it would be. I was in surgery for five hours under general anesthesia. My recovery is taking longer than expected, so I won’t be able to make it to the live broadcast today.”
He included his apologies in the message and wrote, “I’m very sorry. I will be back next week healthier.”
Meanwhile, Shin Hyun Joon hosts the show with KBS announcer Park Eun Young; the show airs every Saturday at 9:15 PM KST.

January 26, 2014
Shin Hyun Jun misses this week's 'Entertainment Weekly' because of slow recovery from a nose surgery Source: STARN News 20140126082235_52e4473b84867_1.jpg

Shin Hyun Jun missed this week's 'Entertainment Weekly' because of slow recovery from a nose surgery.
On January 25th, Shin Hyun Jun uploaded a new post on her Twitter and explained why he did not appear on January 25th broadcast of KBS 2TV 'Entertainment Weekly'.
He wrote, "Hello. I recently got a surgery on my nose, and things got much bigger than I thought that my surgery got extended to five hours."
He went on, "My recovery speed also got slower, and I could not participate in the show. I'd like to make a sincere apology, and I promise to be back by next week."
Meanwhile, Shin Hyun Jun is recently appearing on 'Entertainment Weekly' as a MC.
/Reporting by Kim Hye-in jp@starnnews.com

January 28, 2014
Shin Hyun Joon Is Released from the Hospital After His Nose Surgery
jun2yng soompi.com
shin-hyun-joon-800x450.jpg

Actor Shin Hyun Joon was just released from the hospital after recently having surgery on his nose for a sinus infection and his septum.
The actor tweeted on January 28, “To everyone who was worried, thank you very much.” He continued, “Coming home from the hospital, there was food left at the security office for me. The ‘Weekly Entertainment’ writer left it there. My second family that I’ve met every Saturday for four years, the ‘Weekly Entertainment’ team. Thank you so much, it was very touching.”
On January 25, Shin Hyun Joon also posted an apology on his Twitter for missing the live broadcast of “Weekly Entertainment” due to delayed recovery from his surgery. KBS announcer Han Seok Joon stood in for Shin Hyun Joon for the day. 

Guest adikkeluangman

What all these news about his nose surgery or is it cover up for plastic surgery instead? LOL. I missed seeing him in dramas. Hope not another drama like last one though. 
So today apparently his wife had a cello concert recital in Seoul. Looks at the happy husband tweeted.
BfinF0vCYAI2cWF.jpg

그동안 수고 많았어 멋진 연주 기대할께 I love you! Soli Deo Gloria❤️ pic.twitter.com/JkXTZD27ds

— Hyunjoon Shin. (@shinhyunjoon_)

February 3, 2014

• 2 weeks later...

February 17, 2014
K-Drama Couples Who Overcame A Big Age Difference
BY Joan MacDonald | KDramaStars.com
Does an age difference of more than seven years make or break a relationship? While it can does come with its own set of problems a seven-year-plus age difference has not kept the following k-drama couples from falling and staying in love.
There's a 12-year age difference between Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung, who have been described as Korea's power couple. The age difference did create some problems early on in their relationship. When they first met, he was already established in his career and she was just starting out. He felt that his established status as an actor might interfere with her fledgling career. So, they broke up. But they could not stay apart and finally married in 2013. She has a new drama "Cunning Single Lady" and he can be seen this year in "Memories of the Sword."
So Yoo Jin, who played Jaek Hee in the early episodes of "Pretty Man" is married to a man who is 15 years her senior. Her husband Baek Jong Won is the CEO of multiple restaurant franchises. The idea may not have seemed strange to So Yoo Jin because there is a 30-year age difference between her parents and they remain happily married.
Shin Hyun Joon is the host of "Entertainment Weekly" and as an actor appeared in "Bridal Mask" and "Ohlala Couple." The 45-year-old actor is 12 years older than the music student he married last year. He met his wife on the way to his hosting gig at "Entertainment Weekly." He was walking into the building as she was leaving.
"I turned around right away to look at her and she was looking at me too," he said. It was love at first sight and they married six months later.
Lee Beom Soo, who played the prime minister in "The Prime Minister and I," was not only older than his co-star Yoona. He is 13 years older than his wife, columnist, translator and English teacher Lee Yoon Jin. She is the teacher who helped Rain improve his English skills. The couple married when she was 27 and he was 40. It was his second marriage and her first. They are currently expecting their second child.
In such relationships it's usually the men who are older than the women but occasionally it works the other way too.
Singer Baek Ji Young, who is known as the Queen of the OST, is married to actor Jung Suk Won, who appeared in "Iris II" and "Rooftop Prince." He is nine years younger than she is but the singer never found the idea all that strange.
"I come from a family where the wife is older than her husband," she said on the "Come To Play: Truman Show." "My father is five years younger than my mother."

• 4 months later...

July 13, 2014
Shin Hyeon-joon and Yoo In-na to be opening hosts of PiFan
Source: StarNews via Hancinema.net
photo460307.jpg

Actor Shin Hyeon-joon and actress Yoo In-na have been chosen to host the opening ceremony of the 18th Pucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (PiFan).
PiFan announced this fact on the 14th, which means this will be Shin Hyeon-joon's second time hosting. Yoo In-na came into contact with PiFan through the Chinese movie "Wedding Bible".
PiFan officials say, "We expect Shin Hyeon-joon and Yoo In-na to lead the event well as they are experienced MC's from other shows".
Meanwhile, the 18th PiFan will be held on the 17th at the Bucheon Stadium. Hyeon Bin, Son Ye-jin, Sim Eun-kyeong, Jo Jin-woong and others are expected to attend.

Archived