Shin Hyun Joon 신현준

Guest adikkeluangman

July 18, 2014 

Shin Hyun Joon leaves 'Jagiya' to focus on filming his new movie 'Merman'

by starsung Allkpop

kim-won-hee_1405652155_af_org.jpg

Shin Hyun Joon has announced his departure from his MC position on SBS' couples talk show 'Jagiya' ('Honey').

The show's CP Min Eui Shik told MyDaily on July 18, "Shin Hyun Joon has decided to leave the who due to scheduling conflicts with his filming schedule for movie 'Merman'... The July 17th broadcast was his final broadcast."

"There will be no replacement [for the time being], and MC Kim Won Hee will continue on as the only MC. There are no plans for a replacement yet." Shin Hyun Joon is leaving 'Jagiya' after a year on the show. 
'Merman' is set to crank in this September and premiere next year.  

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

What?!!! New movie. I never knew that he also host another program beside KBS Entertainment Weekly. As long as he did not drop the show, I'm all good. Will wait for more info about this before make the thread. 
So he tweeted this. So what is he the Arial version... I so can't with him.

2015년 유쾌하고 따뜻한 판타지 코메디 인어 아저씨로 만나뵐께요 "m_m" pic.twitter.com/lGv35ROz21

— Hyunjoon Shin. (@shinhyunjoon_)

July 18, 2014

July 21, 2014

Shin Hyun-joon’s father passes away

BY LEE SUN-MIN INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

The father of actor Shin Hyun-joon of KBS drama “Ohlala Couple” passed away due to a long-term illness, according to Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily.

The family gathered to prepare for the funeral after Shin’s father died early yesterday morning.
The report said that Shin was coping with the loss.

The funeral is set up at Samsung Medical Center in Gangnam, southern Seoul, and will last until early Tuesday morning.

Shin is a host on the KBS entertainment news show “Entertainment Weekly.” He quit as a host on the SBS show “Jagiyah,” and his last filming for the show was July 14.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Sorry to hear about his loss. He doing fine so far based on his tweet. I never see any update anywhere on his upcoming movie.
---Actor Shin Hyun Joon and Henry Show Their Brotherly Romance
Actor Shin Hyun Joon revealed a picture of himself with Henry being very affectionate towards each other on his Twitter on August 13.

오우~ 헨리! 요즘 니가 젤로 웃겨!!! 에이스 헨리!!! Our team's ace!! pic.twitter.com/snLVEWW7CN

— Hyunjoon Shin. (@shinhyunjoon_)

August 12, 2014

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Muzie and Shin Hyunjoon reveal their MV for "Heroes"
BzSU1p9CAAAsA-t.jpg

Producer Muzie and actor Shin Hyunjoon have teamed up to bring us a hilarious music video for their song, “Heroes.”
If any of you remember the group UV and the song "Itaewon Freedom," then you remember Muzie. He has now teamed up with actor Shin Huynjoon in producing this new duo named Heroes and together they have released a music video with a track of the same name.
Muzie wanted to create this track in order to create "…a song like an old comic’s theme song." Meanwhile, Shin Huynjoon has stated, “For a long time I wanted to make a collaboration for the sake of the broadcasting students. I hope that this song becomes a good study song for the students. It would be nice if a lot of people listen to it and enjoy it.”
In the music video, the talented and comic duo run around in superhero costumes doing good deeds. Various celebrities appear in the music video as well, as villains. It’s a catchy song that’s sure to give you a laugh!
You can check it out here:

http://blog.koreaboo.com/post/99335417140/muzie-and-shin-hyunjoon-reveal-their-mv-for-heroes

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Happy Together - Park Hyungsik, Seo Gangjun, Shin Hyunjoon & more! (2014.10.16):

Family Special: The hosts and reporter of the weekly live entertainment news show "Entertainment Tonight" - Park Eunyeong, Shin Hyunjoon, Kim Saengmin line one side of the sauna. Opposite them are five actors from the weekend drama "What Happens to My Family" - Son Dambi, Yoon Bak, Park Hyungsik, Seo Gangjun, Nam Jihyeon.
This episode is so hilarious after watching with sub. I wish they got Late Snack segment too.

Guest adikkeluangman

Actor Shin Hyun Joon on His Previous Scandals with Actresses: “They Were for PR Purposes”
Actor Shin Hyun Joon, who has been rumored to be a playboy who got into relationships with actresses one after another, has recently explained why he had so many girl-related “scandals.”
At the filming of the KBS 2TV talk show “I Am a Man,” Shin Hyun Joon appeared as the dating master of the single men and had a good laugh with the audience while sharing his experiences.
B0o_xEMIcAA9Xds.jpg

During the filming, MC Heo Kyung Hwan asked, “Didn’t you have all sorts of scandals,” and Shin Hyun Joon tried to evade looks and said, “Who’s looking?,” making everyone in the studio laugh. Shin Hyun Joon then talked about his past scandals with several actresses and said, “During that time, it was for publicity stunts,” and made everyone laugh.
Shin Hyun Joon and Muzie, who currently work together in the project group “Heroes,” has recently released their new track “Hero” and performed their stage for the first time at the show.
This episode of “I Am a Man” airs tomorrow, October 24.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/10/23/actor-shin-hyun-joon-on-his-previous-scandals-with-actresses-they-were-for-pr-purposes/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

“Weekly Entertainment” Makes Actor Shin Hyun Joon Its Only MC For the First Time Ever
For the first time in its history, the KBS 2TV entertainment program “Weekly Entertainment” will have its solo MC in actor Shin Hyun Joon.
Kim Young Do of “Weekly Entertainment” told MyDaily on December 31, “For this new year, Shin Hyun Joon will be hosting ‘Weekly Entertainment’ all by himself. There will be no replacement for the announcer Park Eun Young.”
B6K_e8uCcAAOIyf.jpg

Actor Shin Hyun Joon and announcer Park Eun Young have worked together as the MCs of the show since 2011. However, announcer Park Eun Young left the program and actor Shin Hyun Joon was left to MC the show alone.
“Throughout those times, we have had a male and female MC for ‘Entertainment Weekly.’ However, for the new year, we want to try something new and carry out an exemption,” Kim Young Do said. “It is gauged that Shin Hyun Joon has the ability to host the program by himself. We hope that the viewers will give (our show) a lot of love in the new year,” added Kim Young Do of “Weekly Entertainment.”
Do you think Shin Hyun Joon can really do the show all by himself?
http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/31/weekly-entertainment-makes-actor-shin-hyun-joon-its-only-mc-for-the-first-time-ever/

January 4, 2015

Jung Jun Ho makes a teasing comment on his best friend, Shin Hyun Jun

Source: STARN News

20150104152115_54a8dbd9eac3a_1.jpg

Jung Jun Ho made a teasing comment on his best friend, Shin Hyun Jun.

On January 4th, actor Jung Jun Ho appeared on channel SBS' How To Eat & Live Well' as a special guest, and talked about his best friend, Shin Hyun Jun.

Jung Jun Ho said, "I drive hours and hours when I hear about any good foods. Today, I went to somewhere 40 minutes away with my employees for lunch."

Jung Jun Ho mentioned about his best friend, Shin Hyun Jun, and said, "Shin Hyun Jun would eat anything when he is hungry."

Jung Jun Ho also said, "I believe that what I eat indicates my health condition. People can never find foods what you eat indicates your health condition. You will never find foods tasty if your health is not in a good condition."

He lastly added, "Shin Hyun Jun is not healthy enough to be on this program."

Meanwhile, Jung Jun Ho told that he will introduce a good man to Lee Young Ja.

/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

• 3 months later...

April 16, 2015

Shin Hyun Joon Revealed to Have Suffered Head Injury During Movie Filming

by deedeegii Soompi

It has been reported that actor Shin Hyun Joon sustained an injury to his head, which required 10 stitches, in the midst of filming for his new movie “Bad Man” (working title).

On April 16, Shin Hyun Joon’s agency released a statement regarding the accident: “While filming for the movie ‘Bad Man’ in Jeju Island, [shin Hyun Joon] suffered a head injury. After receiving emergency care on set, he was taken to a nearby hospital and underwent a surgery to get 10 stitches on his head. If there are no further problems after going back to the hospital for treatment and another checkup, he plans to return to the set for filming.”

It is said that the accident occurred during a scene in which the actor was hit on the head with a ‘beer’ bottle prop made out of sugar. After receiving stitches and getting rest, Shin Hyun Joon is expected to get right back into filming later on today, April 17.

April 16, 2015

Actor Shin Hyun Joon gets injured and stitched up on the head

Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net

201504161948770462_552f941d36af6.jpg

Actor Shin Hyeon-joon got injured on the head during filming a movie.

According to a source in the movie industry on April 16th, while Shin Hyeon-joon was filming an action acting scene for the Chinese movie, 'Bad man dies for sure' (working title) in Jeju, he got injured on the head and received first aid treatment.

A witness on the set said Shin Hyeon-joon bled much and the filming ceased temporarily for the short time. Shin Hyeon-joon's agency said during the phone conversation with OSEN, "He was injured in the scene where he was getting hit by a prop" and "It is not a serious case. However he had about 10 stitches. After taking a healing break, he will be able to come back to the set on April 17th".

'Bad man dies for sure' (working title) is an action black comedy about the encounter between a Chinese man along with his friends and a mysterious Korean woman in Jeju. Director Kang Je-gyu from Korea as well as the great master director from China, Feng Xiaogang are responsible for the general production. Son Ye-jin and Chen Bolin also are co-starring in the movie.

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

“Entertainment Weekly” Set to Fill “Producer” Time Slot

The broadcast time of KBS 2TV’s entertainment news program “Entertainment Weekly” is set to change following the conclusion of weekend drama “Producer.”

CHh5F_yWoAAyNaq.jpg

According to a representative on June 15, “Entertainment Weekly” is set to air on Saturday, July 4 at 9:15 p.m. It will thereby take over the time slot of currently airing “Producer,” the last episode of which will air on June 20. The following week, a “Producer” special will air on June 26, followed by the pilot of the new variety show on June 27. “Entertainment Weekly” will then take over “Producer’s” time slot the following week on July 4.

While “Entertainment Weekly” had originally aired in the 9:15 p.m. time slot, its broadcast time was moved to 10:35 p.m. to make way for “Producer.” With “Producer” now ending, it is set to return to its original broadcast time of 9:15 p.m.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/15/entertainment-weekly-set-to-fill-producer-time-slot/

-----
Lee Bum Soo, Shin Hyun Joon, and Infinite’s L Among Others in Consideration for New Drama

Taewon Entertainment, the production house responsible for dramas like “Iris,” “Athena: Goddess of War,” and “Triangle,” will be producing a new drama called “Man With Two Faces.”

The drama will tell the story of a loving father who is also a merciless gangster named Tae Soo. He will run into conflict with his rival Ki Bum, who is the son of the mob boss. Their wives will also be competing with each other in their own league.

CHlqYdaWcAEm6R_.jpg

The children of the two gangster families will be a modern-day “Romeo and Juliet” couple, as they develop feelings for each other despite their parents’ rivalry.

Currently, Lee Bum Soo, Jung Joon Ho, Shin Hyun Joon, Infinite‘s L, and Yoo Sun are in consideration for the drama. The casting will be finalized soon, and the drama will go into production right after. A premiere date has yet to be set.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/15/lee-bum-soo-shin-hyun-joon-and-infinites-l-among-others-in-consideration-for-new-drama/

• 3 months later...

congrats.gif

September 24, 2015

Shin Hyun Joon Announces He Is Going to Be a Father

Source: Soompi

shin-hyun-joon.jpg

Actor Shin Hyun Joon has shared the happy news that he and his wife will soon be welcoming a baby to the world!

On September 25, he uploaded a photo to his Instagram of himself walking on the street in a shirt that reads “Dad.” He writes as the caption in both Korean and English, “I’m gonna be a dad!! We are expecting a baby. It feels amazing. I promise to be a great dad and always be grateful for everything. Love you all.”

shin-hyun-joon-540x539.png

Shin Hyun Joon’s agency HJ Artists confirmed the wonderful news, and shared that his wife is currently eleven weeks pregnant. “Shin Hyun Joon was so moved that he cried when he saw the baby moving on the ultrasound screen,” they state.

In 2013, Shin Hyun Joon married Kim Kyung Mi (Linda Kim), a Korean-American who is working on a doctoral degree in music in the United States. Shin Hyun Joon is currently the host of the KBS entertainment news show “Entertainment Weekly.”

Congratulations, Shin Hyun Joon!

Source (1)

September 24, 2015

Shin Hyeon-joon to become a dad

Source: TV Report via Hancinema.net

photo637329.jpg

Actor Shin Hyeon-joon is going to become a dad for the first time since his marriage from two years ago.

According to a media, Shin Hyeon-joon is happy to hear this news and is anticipating the birth of his child.

His wife is 11 weeks pregnant.

The actor got married in May 2013. He had announced it on Twitter prior to the wedding.

Meanwhile, Shin Hyeon-joon is an MC for the KBS 2TV "Celebrity News".

September 25, 2015

Shin Hyun-joon to become a father

Source: The Korea Times

Untitled-450(0).jpg

Actor Shin Hyun-joon wears a t-shirt that reads "Dad" in Korean. / Courtesy of Shin Hyun-joon's Instagram

Actor Shin Hyun-joon's wife is 11 weeks pregnant.

He has posted online a message and picture of himself on Instagram wearing a T-shirt that reads "Dad" in Korean. The actor said he was overwhelmed and that he will be a good father.

Shin, 46, hosts "Entertainment Weekly" on KBS and appears in other programs.

He married Korean-American Kim Kyung-mi in May 2013. Kim is 12 years younger than Shin and majored in music.

Shin debuted in "General's Son" (1990), and has worked in films including the "The Ginko Bed" (1996) and "Marrying the Mafia" sequels.

janee@ktimes.com,

Guest adikkeluangman

Congratulations Shin Hyun Joon! He such a romantic guy, to do that. Walking on the street while holding a giant teddy bear. Can't wait to watch this week, Entertainment Weekly. The guys will congratulate while teasing him as usual. From his picture, seem like both of them in Korea. I wonder if the baby will be born in U.S or in Korea since mom is American. By March or April there will be SHJ junior. :) 

September 29, 2015

Shin Hyun-joon to star in "Martial Arts School"

Source: SportsSeoul via Hancinema.net

photo638772.jpg
Actor Shin Hyeon-joon is coming back with KBS 2TV "Martial Arts School".

He plays Hwang Moo-song, president of the school in this drama and this is his first drama in 3 years since the 2012 drama "Ooh La La Couple".

Hwang Moo-song is a true educator who believes that everyone is special inside and that all the students should learn to realize their special abilities and use them well. He's not usually friendly but brings out his charisma when the situation requires it. The reason why he accepted Yoon Si-woo (Lee Hyun-woo) and Wang Chi-ang (Hong Bin) into his school despite opposition is because of his character. In secret, he used to be a distinguished hero at one point and he is also the father of Hwang Seon-ah (Eugene Jung), the school's ace.

Shin Hyeon-joon recently announced he's becoming a father and his determination for this drama is extraordinary. He said, "Hwang Moo-song has so much affection for his students he tries hard to approach them first and help them rise on their own. He is a mentor not everyone has and this is why I decided to star in the drama too".

"Martial Arts School" stars Lee Hyun-woo, Seo Ye-ji, Hong Bin, Eugene Jung, Sam Okyere, Daniel Lindemann, Alexander, Ji Hye-ra, Shannon, Pop, NanNan and other global actors and actresses. The drama is about a school that teaches honesty, faith, survival, sacrifice, communication and relationships instead of how to get jobs in the future.

"Martial Arts School" is produced by Lee So-yeon and is going to be released in January next year.

October 3, 2015

Shin Hyun Jun tells that he lost 12kg for his new film

Source: STARN News

Shin Hyun Jun told that he lost 12kg for movie 'Bad Guys Always Die.'

On October 2nd, actor Shin Hyun Jun attended press conference for movie 'Bad Guys Always Die,' which was held at Novotel Ambassador Busan, with Son Ye Jin, Chen Bolin (陈柏霖), Gyo Jin Woo, Yang Xuwen (杨旭文), Ding Wenbo (丁文博), directors Kang Je Gyu and Feng Xiaogang (冯小刚).

During the conference Shin Hyun Jun said, "I thought the director was kidding when he first requested my to play in the movie. It was a great honor to work with director Kang Je Gyu, who has been my hero for so many years."

Shin Hyun Jun added, "It was also a great pleasure to work with director Feng Xiaogang, Sun Hao (孙皓), and all of the other actors, actresses, and staffs.

Shin Hyun Jun continued, "I lost 12kg in one month for the movie, and it was a very challenging process. Announcer Cho Choong Hyun introduced me a personal trainer."

Meanwhile, 'Bad Guys Always Die' is going to be officially released in December.

[BIFF] Shin Hyun Jun tells that he lost 12kg for his new film

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

Archived