Shin Hyun Joon 신현준

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

I just watched KBSW Ent News when I saw him on the main MC place. So since when he become the MC. More reason to watch that show but then I need to fight with my parents for the tv.

I want him to do drama again or maybe MV too.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

My local TV ntv7 aired Stairway to Heaven. Nice to see him again in that drama. That drama was in Korean audio. So good. I notice that he doing variety show lately. No more drama/movie?

I'm checking out 2010 MBC Entertainment Award list when I saw his name. I think that his name.

OTHER WINNERS:

Deuce Award: Shin Hyun Joon, Jung Jun Ho (what is this award for, LOL)

SPECIAL AWARDS:

Special Variety Award: Shin Hyun Joon, Jung Jun Ho

Anyway congratulations to him.

• 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Shin Hyun Joon & Lee Jin catch attention during a wedding?

201103272338101001_1.jpg

A surprise event occurred during Jung Joon Ho and Lee Ha Jung’s wedding.

MBC Section TV covered Jung Joo Ho and Lee Ha Jung’s wedding scene on the 27th. As the elegant wedding progressed as planned, something near the end of the event caused widespread interest.

During the last minutes of the wedding, actor Shin Hyun Joon and announcer Lee Jin gave off a questionable vibe. In terms of placement, Lee Byung Hyun stood next to Goo Eun Young announcer and Shin Hyun Joon stood next to Lee Jin announcer linking arms. While the friendly atmosphere was subject to misunderstanding, Goo Eun Young explained, “Jung Joon Ho placed us in these positions.”

Despite the explanation, the public still showed great interest towards the friendliness between Shin Hyun Joon and Lee Jin. Meanwhile, on this wedding day, VVIP top stars all made appearances in order to congratulate the couple including Lee Byung Hyun and Kim Tae Hee. Furthermore, Jung Joon Ho showed off his modest side by shaking hands with every one of the guests at the wedding.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/shin-hyun-joon-lee-jin-catch-attention-during-a-wedding

Guest adikkeluangman

Actor Shin Hyun Joon explains his “scandal” with news anchor Lee Jin

201103281526461003_1.jpg

‘Delightful actor’ Shin Hyun Joon (43) has given an explaination as to what exactly happened on March 25th at Jung Joon Ho’s wedding.

Netizens have been questioning a picture where Shin Hyun Joon is seen linking arms with the former Miss Korea and current MBC anchor, Lee Jin.

He then ranked on top of online searches when MBC’s “Section TV Entertainment” interview aired on March 27th and he was seen commenting “she isn’t my style” about anchor Lee Jin.

On the 28th, at an interview for his upcoming movie, “Our Neighbor’s Crime”, opening on April 7th, he confessed, “I’m an MC for a program myself, but I got to re-experience the power of editing.”

Shin Hyun Joon said that on the 25th, he was eating dinner later than other people after MCing for Jung Joon Ho’s wedding ceremony, and he ran out when his colleague said it’s picture time. In a hurry, he linked arms with who he thought was Lee Ha Jung’s makeup artist, who he is friends with.

The woman, however, later turned out to be actress Lee Jin.

Shin explained, “I thought she was someone I knew, so I linked arms with her in a hurry, but she turned out to be anchor Lee Jin. I was embarassed, but I couldn’t take it back. I apologize for my rudeness.”

Also, about the “Section TV Entertainment” interview, Shin Hyun Joon said he was answering the producer’s question, “What do you think about a girl like anchor Lee Ha Jung“. However, his answer of “she isn’t my style” was edited out to seem as if was referring to anchor Lee Jin.

“I’m surprised that my thoughtless mistake is still in the news,” said Shin Hyun Joon. “I’m already used to gossips and scandal, but I’m worried about anchor Lee Jin.”

In the film “Our Neighbor’s Crime”, Shin Hyun Joon plays detective Cho Chang Sik who solves the death of an autistic child. This is his first appearance as a detective in a movie since his debut 21 years ago.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/actor-shin-hyun-joon-explains-his-scandal-with-news-anchor-lee-jin

• 3 months later...

July 26, 2011

Shin Hyun Jun Joins Twitter

by: singer soompi.com

163c35d61f0bd020d14a9436b759aa0a_large.jpg

"Cain and Abel" star Shin Hyun Jun is apart of the Twittershpere! How can one know this? M Plus Entertainment talent Alexander Eusebio tweeted it! On July 26th, Xander tweeted all about the current KBS Entertainment host joining the world's most popular social networking site. What did he tweet? Read his Shin Hyun Jun promo below:

Xander: "Hey everyone! Korea's famous actor Shin Hyun Jun finally has a Twitter account! Please follow him and show much LOVE & SUPPORT!! BINGO! He is the one who hosts KBS Entertainment News too! ^-^)b Shin Hyun Jun ☞ @oshj68 ☜ Here we go!"

Currently, Hyun Jun has hundreds of followers ( around 700), he has uploaded thirteen personal photos on his Yfrog, and he is slowing updating fans about his life, while responding to their tweets.

Credits: @alexander_0729 and @oshj68

• 1 month later...

August 31, 2011

Shin Hyun Joon reveals he was arrested in Paris

by leesa86 allkpop.com

2011083114552116089_1.jpg

On a recent episode of KBS 2TV’s ‘Happy Together‘, actor Shin Hyun Joon revealed that that he was once arrested with Director Kang Jae Kyu in Paris.

The two were attending a film festival in Paris and they were at the airport trying to catch their flight to L.A.

Shin Hyun Joon explained, “One of the airport attendees approached us and we felt that he was treating us differently because we were Asian.” “Director Kang got extremely angry and caused quite a disturbance. Then all of a sudden, the police came and dragged us out of there and into a Parisian jail. They took our clothes and our shoes, and they sprayed water on us.”

“We were in jail for two nights and three days,” he continued. “The experience gave me anxiety and I had no appetite, so I couldn’t even really eat the baguettes they gave us. But apparently Director Kang was determined to survive– he ate more than usual!”

Source & Image: Money Today via Star News

• 1 month later...

2011.10.25...Shin Hyun Joon and Tak Jae Hoon flew into Singapore for the opening of Korean Film Festival 2011. The 1st movie screened was "Barefoot Gibong". The 2 guys watched the movie with the audience too.

Here are some fancams I took at the lobby before movie screening :

• 3 months later...

February 2, 2012

Shin Hyun-joon is a bride’s brother

Source: koreajoongangdaily.com

01221010.jpg

Actor Shin Hyun-joon is set to make an appearance on the KBS action drama “Bride Mask.”

A representative from the program confirmed yesterday that Shin will guest star as the brother of protagonist Kangto, played by Joo Won, on the show.

“Shin will play Kangsan, who plays a significant role in influencing Kangto as he turns from his pro-Japanese ways into a patriotic superhero,” the representative said.

Shin said he is excited about the guest spot. “As a fan of the original comic, I want to do the best job that I can,” he said.

The actor also said that he was thrilled to be working with Joo, of whom Shin said he is a fan.

This will be Shin’s first appearance in a drama in three years. His last was SBS’s “Cain and Abel” in 2009.

“Bride Mask,” set to air in May, is based on the comic by famed cartoonist Heo Yeong-man.

The drama is set against the backdrop of Japan’s colonial rule of Korea and is based on a heroic figure who wears a kaksital, the mask of the bride character in traditional mask dance dramas, as he seeks justice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

December 20, 2011

Lee Byung Hun and Shin Hyun Joon enjoy a wine party

By JJ kpopfever.com

lee_byung_hun_shin_hyun_joon_wine_party_111220.jpg

Actor Shin Hyun Joon (Shin Hyun Jun) revealed a photo taken at a wine party he’s had recently, with actor Lee Byung Hun.

Shin Hyun Joon tweeted on the 20th, “About this time of the year last year, I had a wonderful time thanks to Park Joong Hoon sunbae. I am always thankful for the good sunbaes, good hoobaes, and good donsengs. With that said, I really want to see this gentleman more often. In truth, he’s more of a funnyman and a soft hearted person than the charismatic man he’s known for”. (Sunbae: Senior colleague, Hoobae: Junior colleague, Dongseng: A gender-neutral way of calling a younger family member or a close acquaintance who is younger)

Lee Byung Hun and Shin Hyun Joon can be seen smiling brightly with wine glasses in their hands. What is an average party moment for most, for these two fine looking actors it’s nearly a pictorial.

After seeing the photo the netizens commented, “It’s like the meeting of the two big minds of film”, “Lee Byung Hun the funnyman?”, “I feel the pressure just imagining being at a wine party with Lee Byung Hun and Shin Hyun Joon”, “I love the way Lee Byung Hun is dressed”, and so on.

Source: Newsen via Nate

• 6 months later...

November 26, 2012
Drama 'Ohlala Couple' : Actor Shin Hyun-joon has a thousand faces
Writer: Jeon Ji-young CopyrightⓒKBS & KBS Media 
As KBS Monday & Tudesday drama ‘Ohlala Couple’ approaches its end, Kim June-eun has been diagnosed with cancer and Shin Hyun-joon is at the airport ready, to depart for the Philippines. Viewers continue to highly praise the wonderful performance of actor Shin Hyun-joon.  Shin is being appraised as an actor who has ‘a thousand faces’ with his perfect performances for the three characters he plays in the Ohlala Couple.
1697_4562_l.jpg
Shin correctly expressed the characteristics of each of his characters to the point that viewers doubted if they had been played by just one actor. He acted as a nasty husband from the start of the drama, then played a genteel hotelier and after a change of body, he performed as a typical Korean housewife. After recovering his soul, he is showing as the entirely different character of a stupid husband who repented of his past deeds.
In the 15th episode that aired on Nov. 19, Shin played the comic, stupid and sincere acts so skillfully to depict his character Su Nam’s abduction of Han Mal-sook (Lee Sook), that his performances could be called “Shin Hyun-joon’s assorted acting gift set”. He played the comic scene without fail when he took Mrs Han Mal-sook by force and called to the chairman in a woman’s voice, and he acted as the true Sun-nam as a very ballsy hotelier by pleading on his knees with the chairman to revisit his hotel. 1697_4565_l.jpg
A representative of the production company of Ohlala Couple said, “Many viewers are saying the various versions of Su-nam’s acts and words seem to be played by different actors. We also sometimes doubt the that the characters in each episode have all been played by Shin Hyun-joon.” He said, “We think Shin Hyun-joon is changing as Su-nam is changing. It proved Shin is completely involved in the acting of his character Su-nam. His wonderful performances including comic acts and emotional acts make one think nobody could play such a character better than Shin.”

November 28, 2012

Shin Hyun-joon treats viewers to homemade dinner

By Carla Sunwoo Korea JoongAng Daily

28173305.jpg

Shin Hyun-joon has carried out an unusual promotional activity: cooking for lucky viewer of his latest drama “Ulala Couple.”

According to the public relations company behind the KBS 2TV program, Shin cooked a traditional feast for a fan who lives in Mapo District, western Seoul.

The feast was something that Shin promised at the press conference ahead of the show’s airing. At the time Shin said that if the program became No. 1 in its time slot he would treat a fan with a “special event.”

As the program was No. 1 on its first episode Shin followed through on his promise.

“He even went grocery shopping and did the dishes after the meal,” said the PR company.

Shin said he also had a good time that “it was like visiting family.”

From Kim Hee Sun's interview with JoongAng Daily
Is there any drama you like to watch these days?
I’m actually a fan of “Ohlala Couple.” Even when “Faith” was still being broadcast, I always changed the channel for “Ohlala Couple.” Shin Hyun-joon’s acting in that drama is really the best

December 3, 2012
Shin Hyeon-joon, "I've changed while I hosted 'Celebrity News'"
Source: TV Report via Hancinema.net
20120926_1348642786_90465500_1.jpg?13545
Actor Shin Hyeon-joon showed much affection for his KBS 2TV program "Celebrity News".
He had an interview with the reporters of "Celebrity News" in Seoul on the 3rd, and said, "I have changed while hosting "Celebrity News". There is a star who treats reporters badly. I have started to differentiate those who do and don't. I remember their names".
"There was a time when I lived a different life of an actor and of my own. I changed after the movie "Marrying the Mafia II" and again while I have been hosting "Celebrity News". If I knew this earlier I then I would have been able to expand myself".
He talked about the time when Hugh Jackman from Hollywood put on the traditional mask on the program and said, "Our own stars would hesitate to put on the mask but watching a Hollywood top star do that was impressive".
"The viewing rate for "Celebrity News" went up a lot since I've hosted it. Also the conversation I give and take with Park Eun-yeong announcer is pre-matched so I hope there are no misunderstandings".
In the recent KBS 2TV drama "Ooh La La Couple", Shin Hyeon-joon and Kim Jeong-eun appeared as a couple with exchanged souls.

• 3 months later...

congrats.gif

March 16, 2013
‘Oohlala Couple’s starring actor Shin Hyun Joon to tie the knot!
by pkdance AllKpop.com
30000247816.jpg

Spring is here and love is in the air, making it a perfect time for the announcement of actor Shin Hyun Joon‘s marriage!
Shin Hyun Joon, whom you may remember as the bad-husband-turned-good on drama ‘Oohlala Couple‘,  notified all his followers through Twitter: “I am getting married. The two of us will become beautiful, hard working, and sincere servants of God. Thank you.”
Shin Hyun Joon’s wife-to-be is a Korean American who is 12 years younger than the actor. The lovebirds will hold their wedding ceremony at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul on May 26th!
Congratulations to Shin Hyun Joon and his fiancee!
130316_5143dacf5e7f5.jpg

March 16, 2013
Shin Hyeon Jun to Get Married in May
CJ E&M enewsWorld Ko Hong Ju Translation Credit : Erika Kim   
Shin Hyeon Jun will be joining the crowd of married men.
The actor will be wed to his fiancee, a Korean resident in America 12 years his junior, on May 26.
The news first spread through an exclusive report from a certain media outlet on March 16, and was confirmed when Shin Hyeon Jun tweeted about the issue.
36641872.jpg

His fiancee majored in music, and the two have known each other for some time.
Shin Hyeon Jun tweeted this day, "I′m getting married. Now, ′I′ will become ′us′, and we will become more beautiful, hard-working and diligent workers of God. Thank you."
He then added a verse from the Bible, reading, "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."
31568004.jpg

Shin Hyeon Jun debuted in 1990 with the film Son of the General, and rose to stardom through such pieces as Stairway to Heaven, Bridal Mask and Ulala Couple. He currently hosts the KBS2 entertainment news show Entertainment Relay.
Photo credit: KBS

March 16, 2013
Actor Shin Hyun Joon Will Get Married On May 26th
Posted by Eunsuh00 KoreanDrama.com
The actor Shin Hyun-joon, one of the most famous ‘old bachelors’ in the industry, will finally get married on this year.
Shin Hyun-joon has been announced to marry on May 26th, in Seoul’s Grand Hyatt Hotel. His bride-to-be is a Korean-American of 12 years junior, reportedly a beauty and a music major. Shin Hyun-joon is reportedly trying to make the marriage preparations a quiet affair, for his bride-to-be.
The decision was reportedly quite a recent one, with the details of the ceremony still being decided among the couple. One of the couple’s acquaintances have reportedly voiced that they have known each other for a long time, and another has voiced that Shin Hyun-joon’s father, who is hospitalized at the moment, may be one of the motivations of his marriage.
201303161115470910_1.jpg

March 16, 2013
Shin Hyun-joon to tie the knot
by javabeans dramabeans
Aww to old bachelors finally getting hitched. Shin Hyun-joon (Gaksital, Oohlala Spouses) has announced that he’ll be getting married, and will put a period on his bachelorhood come May 26. His bride is a Korean-American gyopo 12 years his junior (he’s 44, so that makes her 32), which means she’s not a celebrity; she’s a music major and the couple has been dating since last year.
I love that the celeb responses are pretty much echoes of our own (as the collective fandom, I mean): “I thought he’d be alone forever. Congrats congrats!” (Im Hyung-joon). “Hallelujah~ I’m so glad. Congratulations, truly. Welcome to the married life” (Kim Won-hee). Haha. Why is it that once a guy hits late thirties, he practically has the whole country on a mission to marry him off?
Shin Hyun-joon also tweeted the news himself on the 16th, and is in the thick of wedding preparations. The ceremony will take place at Seoul’s Grand Hyatt Hotel (a popular celeb wedding spot), and you can bet it’ll be attended by a who’s who of the entertainment industry.
Via Newsen

Archived