Sm Entertainment Contest

Guest tvxqsaranghae

The website is quite vague. I wondered as well, if we're allowed to enter more than one category, it doesn't mention it in the rules, and since they accepted both of Jenny's submissions, I guess it must be ok to do that ^^

I posted a vid and got through the preliminary round too [does everyone get through the preliminary round?], I sang a TVXQ song [Heart, Mind & Soul], my video is from a live performance ^^ <3 Best of luck to everyone who is applying :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cutedorkable

good luck to everyone who entered!

i think the first round is easy to enter just as long as you follow the instructions right

FIGHTING EVERYONE~~!

<3

I saw a Korean article that talked about the contest and using a translator there "foreign netizens" were mentioned. So to the person that asked if foreign people can vote, there's a form of an answer for you. (sorry it's a bit vague, if someone would like to see the article, just ask, I'll put it up here.)

S.M's spending a lot of money on this. Do you think they're still looking for their overseas star? I think they are. I also think that they might be forming a new group for singers. And a whole new line of actors/actresses too....

By the way, does anybody know what the UCC stands for?

Guest banggutbanggut3

To Psychotic Otaku: Uniform Commercial Code (I think~I don't know...)

I was watching some videos, and the comments on people's video entries seemed nice....they were like, "Oh, you're pretty!" Or some stuff like that.....Anyways, if you put your video on this site, and failed, and then auditioned in person, do you thinnk the SM staff would remember you?

I'm also pondering this:

Is it better to audition in person or on the internet, etc.,? Because if I'd (just an exmple, I'm not going to enter this contest, I don't think) post myself saying stuff in Korean and singing, I'd be worried if they think that my Korean is better than it is....and then they'll ditch me once they find out...so....>_<

Guest stardust123

to those who may be interested but don't know what to do, i say just take a risk, chances are you could be right and in the end it could pay off, and if you are wrong just apply again! :lol:

But if you really don't trust yourself just look at what other people did (mainly the ones who made it past the preliminary round, then you know your right :D) and copy them (for example they played a song in the background and filmed themself lipsyncing to it)

it seems to me that most people think they have it in the bag, but i dunno first impressions....good luck to everyone!

Here's the article that you were asking for anime_freakx1000

보아 동방신기 소속사 UCC콘테스트

[ 2007-03-26 09:56 ]

보아 동방신기 소속사인 SM엔터테인먼트가 국내 최초 글로벌 UCC 콘테스트 실시한다.

㈜S.M.엔터테인먼트(대표 김영민, 이하 SM)가 ㈜S.M.온라인(구 다모임, 대표 이규웅)과 공동으로 10대 커뮤니티 사이트 다모임(www.damoim.net)을 통한 'S.M. 스타만들기 UCC 콘테스트'를 실시한다고 밝혔다.

3월 26일 오픈된 'S.M. 스타 만들기 UCC콘테스트'는 UCC를 통한 스타 따라잡기인 '도전, 나도 스타', 좋아하는 스타의 영상을 자신만의 스타일로 직접 제작하는 '스타! 영상 제작', 캐스팅 디렉터가 돼 스타로 성장할 만한 인재를 캐스팅 추천하는 '작렬! 최강 추천'등 세 가지 부문에 걸쳐 진행된다. 나이, 성별에 관계없이 본인이 직접 제작한 UCC라면 누구나 응모 가능하다.

특히 이번 콘테스트는 세계 각국의 참여를 극대화 하기 위해 중국어, 일어, 영어로 다국어 지원 서비스를 실시한다. 지난해 SM 글로벌 오디션이 진행되었던 아시아를 비롯한 미주 지역 등에서도 손쉽게 참여할 수 있도록 배려해 해외 네티즌들의 뜨거운 호응도 기대된다.

UCC 응모접수는 오는 5월 14일까지 www.damoim.net 내의 'S.M. 스타만들기 UCC콘테스트' 페이지를 통해서만 가능하다. 심사는 예선, 본선, 결선 3단계에 걸쳐 전문심사위원과 네티즌의 투표를 합산해 진행한다. 최종 입상자는 100% 네티즌의 투표로 결정될 예정이다.

콘테스트 입상자에게는 총 500만원의 상금과 아이리버 Clix mp3 플레이어 등을 수여하며, 우수 출연자에게는 S.M.과 전속 계약할 수 있는 기회도 주어진다.

Here's the online translator version in english (I had to replace some words cause I didn't use korean to english, i used a korean to japanese then japanese to english) lol I make things more complicated than they are ....

BoA east serious position company UCC contest

[2007-03-26 09:56]

The SM entertainment that is BoA east serious position company carries out domestic at first global UCC contest.

㈜I made clear that S.M. entertainment (representative Kim Young Min, the following SM) carried out UCC contest 'made with a 'S.M. star through ten S.M. online (phrase Daoim, representative [igyuungu]) Community Daoim (www.damoim.net).

UCC which the 'explosion that casting recommends person ability to deserve to can write strongest recommendation' in three kinds of sections as for UCC contest 'made with a 'S.M. star opened on March 26 if it is it to picture production', a casting director, and a 'star producing a picture of the star that' challenge, I whom I appear, and there is whom a star keeping UCC catches up with are star ', enthusiasts with a style only of oneself directly grows up in a star and it is worse, and the person himself produced regardless of sex directly in a year can apply for anyone.

A contest does the attention particularly this time even the U.S. bank areas where I carry out many national language support service in Chinese, Japanese, English to maximize participation of various countries in the world, and SM glow lamp Baru audition was able to include worse Asia in last year are simple, and to participate, and it is expected hot concord degree of foreign countries netizens.

I am possible, and, as for UCC application receptionist, examination adds up a vote of a specialty examination committee and a netizen for preliminary, mother ship, final election three phases only through making of www.damoim.net inner wear 'S.M. star UCC contest 'page until forthcoming May 14 and is worse, and a prizewinner is going to be fixed at the last by a vote of 100% netizen.

I confer the prize money and a child river Clix mp3 player of total 5,000,000 won on a contest prizewinner, and it is given an excellent performer at the S.M. department opportunity when I belong to it exclusively and can contract it.

Guest Pinkychan

^ there are some who just combined their audio file with their photos to make a video. i think that's fine. but it's best if you'd have a video of yourself singing so they could see and hear you at the same time.

oh! dont forget the deadlines of the preliminary contests for each challenge! each challenge (ex. Ara challenge, TVXQ! challenge, BoA, etc...) has a different deadline.

hee thank you ^^

Guest oreoo

What if we just sing but not dance? O_o; lol.

Some of us aren't the greatest thing at dancing =P

And acting?

Someone may have already asked this but will they criticize us if we don't prepare Korean music?

I cannot speak Korean whatsoever so =(

But basically, let me get this straight, it's only an internet contest correct?

Also, is it just me or is the form not working? It gives me a very little page and it wont enlarge.

Guest kerorororo

The website is quite vague. I wondered as well, if we're allowed to enter more than one category, it doesn't mention it in the rules, and since they accepted both of Jenny's submissions, I guess it must be ok to do that ^^

I posted a vid and got through the preliminary round too [does everyone get through the preliminary round?], I sang a TVXQ song [Heart, Mind & Soul], my video is from a live performance ^^ <3 Best of luck to everyone who is applying :)

i watched your submission~ it was really good!! *jealous of your skills, teehee*

and it'd be great if we were allowed to enter more than one category <_<;; *crosses fingers*

Guest Pinkychan

I think most people will make it to the premilinary one XD

so yahhh

haha iw as thinkin... well i dun think peopel will commment in english xD so i dun care i they make fun of me and stuff ><

Guest xxzone2zonexx

I think you could do more than one...cause I saw someone that made it past preliminary round? that had 2 in the SAME category...

Guest smileygirlyuk

What if we just sing but not dance? O_o; lol.

Some of us aren't the greatest thing at dancing =P

And acting?

Someone may have already asked this but will they criticize us if we don't prepare Korean music?

I cannot speak Korean whatsoever so =(

But basically, let me get this straight, it's only an internet contest correct?

Also, is it just me or is the form not working? It gives me a very little page and it wont enlarge.

Oh..That happened to me too, haha...desperate measures...but you can use the tab key to move around?

Also... I switched to using "Internet Explorer" instead of the Fox one...

Try and make the screen resolution smaller too?

Sorry, eugh. Does that help??

Yeah the whole website is incompatible with firefox, including the upload form.

Use internet explorer. If it still pops up small, try hitting F11 to maximize the window, that should work~

Some prompts might pop up, for you to install stuff to make the window work. It wouldn't let me upload anything until I installed it. :)

Pinkychan~ most can speak at least some English, and some English people will go there too, to check it out. So you can get English comments ^^ Most of the comments I've got so far are in English. ^^

kerong-star~ thankyou! ^^ I'm glad that you like it :)

Guest kerorororo

question: this has probably been asked already (MY SINCERE APOLOGIES), but what happens after the prelim./first round? do you send another DIFFERENT clip, or does the same submission that you sent for the prelim. round get judged again?

^-- hopefully that wasn't too confusing >w<

Guest Appolpai

I have a question...I don't really understand the rules XD and I was thinking about making a video...

but do we have to do only pics? Or can we use the MVs too...would it be copyrighted?

someone help me! I'm so...confused <_<

No, you can use videos too, apparently. I saw an entry that used Vacation clips for the DBSK contest. I dunno about other people's MVs and dramas, so I'm just sticking to SM Town stuff. ^^;

Archived