P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Is it normal for a cat to not eat its food?

I've been feeding my neighbour's cats since they're away.

I give them the dry food & the wet stuff. Once in the morning & once at night.

They eat the dry food but not the wet stuff =\

It's only happened twice but still...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cats don't always finish their food at one shot. They eat, then go away for a bit, and come back to finish. That could be the case for your neighbour's cats, or it could be just that they do not like their wet food, or it's too much food for one feeding. Did your neighbour give you any instructions about feeding the cats?

^ They gave me instructions. Just give a tablespoon of the wet stuff.

Although this morning, I found little white worms wriggling in the last batch of the wet stuff =\

I don't think that's good for a cat to eat so I threw it away.

They ate the wet stuff from last night tho~

^ Worms? Eww. Better not feed them anymore of the wet food, and check the rest of the food (wet & dry) for worms or other nasty stuff that may have crept into the food. Maybe your neighbour didn't realise it before he gave you the food. No wonder the cats wouldn't eat - they must have detected the nasties in the food. Monitor the cats if you can and see if they're okay. If there's anything that doesn't feel right, take them to the vet for a check-up.

Guest AzNMiss x3

oh wow what a coincidence i used to live in toronto... right next to markville mall... and the pjs there was so bad, it smelled horrible and the dogs were really expensive. Better to buy from a breeder... you should get a maltese, i have one now and shes sooo sweet, she loves people but she still bites people for fun, something that worries me because shes already 7 months old

I was thinking about getting a maltese. Are they hard to train as in simple tricks like sit&play dead? Also what about potty training? Also, is there a difference between a girl maltese & a boy maltese?

Oh yea, do their bites hurt?

Thanks for any answers.

Guest andyroxs

I was thinking about getting a maltese. Are they hard to train as in simple tricks like sit&play dead? Also what about potty training? Also, is there a difference between a girl maltese & a boy maltese?

Oh yea, do their bites hurt?

Thanks for any answers.

I got mine to sit quite easily but i never tried to teach her anything else so i dunno XD. They're easy to potty train and i dont know about others, but mine gets really picky about the condition of her "diaper" and shes only goes if her diaper is clean. Bites dont really hurt and i dont recommend a boy maltese because they're really naughty and hyper...

^ They gave me instructions. Just give a tablespoon of the wet stuff.

Although this morning, I found little white worms wriggling in the last batch of the wet stuff =\

I don't think that's good for a cat to eat so I threw it away.

zomg i had no idea that could happen. how gross! good that you spotted it and threw it out. i think the dry food should be fine (i'm guessing wet food just spoils faster), but you should check the exp dates and maybe buy new cans of the same brand of wet food.

anyway i think cats just have preferences. it seems like my cat actually prefers dry food to wet. good for me i guess... means he's a cheap eater?

Guest Kishire

I have a Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix and its so cute and nice lol, but very hyperactive

i want another dog too..i wish i could get an Australian shepherd cuz some...or all have blue eyes and their so nice...well husky has blue eyes too but Aus Shepherds look really nice :)

I got mine to sit quite easily but i never tried to teach her anything else so i dunno XD. They're easy to potty train and i dont know about others, but mine gets really picky about the condition of her "diaper" and shes only goes if her diaper is clean. Bites dont really hurt and i dont recommend a boy maltese because they're really naughty and hyper...

OH SO TRUE !! just right now. i'm tryna make him sleep but he keeps trying to run away from and throwing his teddy bear around. but he's scared of heights so when i caught him, i put him on top of a bunk bed. (: and he just lays there. but my boy maltese is REALLY REALLY SMART! THIS IS TODAY !!! ONLY TODAY!! around 8ish pm. he was going out in the backyard to go to the restroom. then out of no where, he ran inside and start really really barking. and he ran upstairs at where i was and started barking. then i looked out of the window and i saw my dad's van's trunk open!! but no one was there. and everyone ran outside and it turns out someone was trying to jack stuff but my dog scared them away. ((: i really like maltese. it's jsut their HAIR that we have to cut a lot except during winter since it's cold.

= ) i love animals..

i have two female parotlet ..

blue-parang

green-chopok..

white maltese female.- ee seul.

i was wondering if there are free pet food samples..and cheap pupppy toys..if u know any please let me know.

birds too = )

i wanted a cat but o well..they shed alot rah???..

Guest chocolatedisco

hmm..let's see, I have 3 pets altogether. Two cats and One dog to be more specific.

I'm not really sure but I think our cats are both Short Haired Tabbies. Boots is the older one. Male, has black and white hair, a lil bit of a snob but likes to nuzzle up when he gets to know you. Got his name from his colors since he's all black and then has white fur all under him that goes to his feet which makes him look like he's wearing boots:D The one is Slush...or Shusshie. Girl. A combination of white, light and dark grey. Got her name from her color since it reminds me and my sisters of the slush on the road whenever Spring is near or when snow starts to melt. Likes to nuzzle but tries to run away when you get near her.

Our dog is Chocolate, he's a mix between an Australian Shepard and a Labrador....just imagine how big he is-___-; He's taller than me when he's on his two legs and he's just 1 years and 2 months old. Got his name from his color(yet againXD) since his fur has this rich chocolatey brown color. Pretty much hyper but a little protective when it comes to strangers coming into our house.

is it abnormal for dogs to barely drink water? the weather here is like soo hot and my dog BARELY drinks water o_O while i know other dogs that always will drink water.

If you're worried he's not drinking enough water, you can use a small syringe (the kind that comes without a needle) and feed your dog water. Gently tilt your dog's head upwards and inject the water slowly into his mouth. He may be resistant at first, but over time he will get used to it.

Some animals may forget to drink water (sometimes I have to prod my cat into drinking), or the water available may not be fresh. Always make sure your dog has fresh water to drink - animals can get particular about that.

^ i read that animals can tell when water is fresh or has been sitting out for awhile, and they prefer fresh water. something about oxygen.

I'm not really sure but I think our cats are both Short Haired Tabbies. Boots is the older one. Male, has black and white hair, a lil bit of a snob but

nice! my cat is a short-haired tabby too. i think i prefer short-haired cats.

idk if this sounds really unheard of, but does anyone put their cats on a leash and take them outside? i know other cats who don't seem to like the outdoors, but mine is super curious and loves to explore everything. i don't have a yard of my own, so i'm certainly not going to just put him outside and let him wander around, but i was thinking i might buy a collar and leash and let him walk about. then again, it might not work the way i'd planned. anyone have experiences with this?

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

^its not unheard of. there are certain breeds of cats that will allow/enjoy having a leash on and taking walks. (ie-- egyptian mau)

you should get a harness rather than a collar + leash. the harness is the one that goes over their back.

Guest aznscrewball

^Yea, I would get a harness rather then a collar+leash. They stay on better just in case your cat decides to make a break for freedom.

This reminds me of when I tried to put a harness on my hamster so I could take it on a walk (I was small and wanted a dog really badly). That didn't work out too well...I only did it once after I realized how dirty it is outside. I am a bit of a germophobe when it comes to my animals. :D

Guest domo_kun

Do any of your pets get sort of mopey when the weather gets colder?

Whenever the temp seems to drop a little, my dog becomes kind of sad and tired.

He's also pretty old too...would you recommend bringing him to the vet? or just bundling him up more?

Guest crannyannyfran

hello my first time in this thread

im finally getting a puppy! so i will be getting a maltese from a family friend, and the ahjushee is going to give her to us when shes 4 weeks old... is that too young to be separated from her mother?

I have a lot of questions about malteses so if anyone can help please PM me!!

thankss <33

Archived