P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

my brother's friend has a chinchilla... he keeps it under the bathroom sink and apparently it bathes in this weird dust powder. my brother said it was like a weird little pokemon thing. it sounded cute.

ok, how do i punish my cat? up to today, i was actually 100% convinced i had the greatest cat ever. he doesn't bite or scratch, he doesn't meow too loudly or hiss, he's very affectionate, and he covers up his business with kitty litter. but this evening he started going crazy, running around my small apartment, and twice he escaped out my balcony when i had to open the patio door briefly. both times he returned eventually, but i want him to know not to do this. my boyfriend thought i wasn't disciplining him enough because i don't hit him or shout at him when he jumps on top of the refrigerator or couch... but i never did that because i don't care if he goes on top of the refrigerator. going outside on a third-floor balcony, though, is another matter. how do i get him to stop? he's never tried escaping before.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ open the door, and stand outside ur balcony w/ a water spray bottle. and if he tries to come out, spray water at him. cats hate water so they'll eventually get the point. you should try that and see if it'll work .. that way, ur cat will think he'll be sprayed everytime he goes out the balcony and wont dare to come out if u keep training him that way.

hitting and shouting won't work. i've learned that since i have 3 dogs and it all works w/ them. but i've recently got a kitty, and doign those things do not have any effect at all.

=] gluck!

hello all..i dont know if that is the right place to ask this question..but here it is anyway..

i got a dog about...we got it about 3 years ago its a mixed poodle and silk terrier i think ><

we love it so much its a female..and my mom realllly wants to breed it? like...make it have puppies..

but we dont know how toooo start this!!! T_T we are so clueless and lost..

do we find a another dog..and just put them in a room and mate? or is there like some kind of rule..or a certian TIME..(my dog is grown she had her period)...and if a dog gets pregnant..how long is it? like humans is 8-9 months..how about dogs? ahh please PM or reply asap..we are dying to know >.<

You really should talk to a vet or to another breeder before you do this. Having a pregnant dog and looking after all the puppies is a big responsibility. Remember that all the puppies will have to be vet checked and vaccinated once they're born which is gonna be expensive. And no offence, but if you're already unsure what breed your dog is, no one's gonna pay a lot for the puppies she has so it's gonna cost you to do this. I mean, seriously, there are already so many dogs that have to be put down because they can't be placed in homes, I don't understand why you would want to breed your dog just for the sake of it. If your mum just wants a puppy cuz they're 'cute', then go down to the local animal shelter and adopt one.

Sorry if I sound mean, I just really don't think it's a good idea.

i'm 5'1" too and big dogs scare me like no other. my dad used to keep like, six, seven huge guard dogs at a time... these dogs all weighed much more than me and they were VICIOUS.

There's nothing more I love then huge dogs. :lol: I'm 4'11-5'0 and I have a 70-80 lbs Golden Retriever and a HUGE 115+ lbs KING German Shepherded (on his two paws, he's just as tall as I am if not taller with his big ears). My Golden is the sweetest thing in the world, she's soooooo calm. Even though my German has a bit of a temper problem I love him more then anything. People always say he looks dangerous and I can't seem to see it. To me he still has the sweetest and most innocent face, probably because I'm his mommy. I used to have a huge fear of any dogs before I got my first. Now that he's so big I'm not afraid of approach the largest dogs. My fear of dogs has completely diminished.

You just gotta make sure to train big dogs especially well, because you can't just pick them up like little dogs when they're doing something bad and most likely the dog will be stronger then you.

Big dogs can also be the biggest babies. :P

oh... i guess that's true, but the ones my dad kept were given to him by people who couldn't handle their own dogs... so they were MEAN. and then my brother got his shirt torn off by another big dog. after that, i was pretty intimidated by them! but someday if i get my own house or live in a dog-friendly community, maybe then i'll start learning.

You really should talk to a vet or to another breeder before you do this. Having a pregnant dog and looking after all the puppies is a big responsibility. Remember that all the puppies will have to be vet checked and vaccinated once they're born which is gonna be expensive. And no offence, but if you're already unsure what breed your dog is, no one's gonna pay a lot for the puppies she has so it's gonna cost you to do this. I mean, seriously, there are already so many dogs that have to be put down because they can't be placed in homes, I don't understand why you would want to breed your dog just for the sake of it. If your mum just wants a puppy cuz they're 'cute', then go down to the local animal shelter and adopt one.

Sorry if I sound mean, I just really don't think it's a good idea.

i actually agree with this to the extent that i know about it. i'm not an expert, but having seen how many stray dogs are already at the shelter (or worse, not at the shelter but just homeless), i guess i just don't agree with the idea of bringing more puppies into the world. but if you're going to raise all of them, then i suppose that's an irrelevant point?

i'm going away for the holidays, so i brought my cat to my boyfriend's place, where there's already another cat. (my bf is also traveling, but his elderly neighbor likes to take care of animals and doesn't mind feeding them.) i was hoping they'd get along, but MAN! they both started yowling and hissing like i'd never heard them, and my bf's cat chased my cat underneath the oven, where he got stuck. we had to separate them :( like my cat has these two rooms, and the other cat has the rest of the flat. i hope they can learn to tolerate each other... someday... geez, that was scary. i felt so bad for them.

i'm going away for the holidays, so i brought my cat to my boyfriend's place, where there's already another cat. (my bf is also traveling, but his elderly neighbor likes to take care of animals and doesn't mind feeding them.) i was hoping they'd get along, but MAN! they both started yowling and hissing like i'd never heard them, and my bf's cat chased my cat underneath the oven, where he got stuck. we had to separate them :( like my cat has these two rooms, and the other cat has the rest of the flat. i hope they can learn to tolerate each other... someday... geez, that was scary. i felt so bad for them.

Yeah, cats are territorial, they don't always take well to another animal in the household. Mine couldn't stop hissing when he discovered there was a guest dog. And then there was the time he spied another cat and they rushed at each other and had a terrific tussle - my cat ended up with a punctured hole in his ear. It takes time and patience for two animals to get along. I hope your cat has enough space to roam in the two rooms - nothing worse than shutting an animal up in a small, confined space for long periods. Maybe get your neighbour to take one cat over to his place and then regularly check on the other one in your boyfriend's flat.

Guest sliceofOrange.

do you guys have any tips on how to get a puppy to stop biting? my 2 month old german shepherd loves biting people's hands & feet; she never bites anything else. i've tried telling her NO very firmly every time she does it, but it's not working. she's just playing around, but it HURTS. any tips?

Guest aznscrewball

I use to have a German Shepard who love biting hands and legs :D She ruined quite a few pants because she kept biting at them because she was excited to go out on walks. Eventually she lost that little...habit. Everytime she bites you, flick or tap her on the nose and say "NO!" then push her face away. At first they keep coming back, but then she'll realize to stop biting. Just simple conditioning. If that doesn't work, when she starts biting, ignore her all together and just walk away.

Guest xsoulwindx

I do have shitzu ^___^

and my shitzu is a dbsk and kpop lover too~ ^^

because everytime he's going to sleep.

we need to sing him first a dbsk or any kpop song~

haha then he'll already fall asleep. :D

his name is chibi

] 03-12-07_0853.jpg

just want to share his pics :D

and here is my other pet.

his a teddybear hamster. his my first pet hamster.

he has a wife but her wife was eaten by my grandma's cat :(

I do have my other pet~ haha he's also a boy~

almost all of my pets are boy. xD he and chibi are bestfriends!~ hahaha.

that's all :D

Guest cbxjenn

When do you know..that it's time to put your pet asleep? And how do you cope with an aging dog?

I already knew my 14yearold samoyed bobo was getting old :( and I can tell that she is suffering a lot during these past 2 years. All she does now is sleep, eat, and go outside to do her business.

But, something happened today that just made me crack inside.

She was outside and was TRYING so hard to pick up this tennis ball with her mouth (she loves to play with them ever since she was a puppy) but couldnt because she has very little teeth and her jaw is weak now. Gahh depresses me so much.. then my sis was getting frustrated that bobo wouldnt come in, so she took the tennis ball and told her to come in. However.. bobo (being 80%-ish blind and pretty much deaf) didnt know she took the ball, and continued to try and grasp onto SOMETHING that she thought was the tennis ball.

so sad. blegh.

Guest SuusanKim

I got a new puppy. And i have a dog right now. The new puppy is evilll. She scratches and chases my dog. My dog hates her! Is there any possible way that they can bond?

hi can someone tell me what the smallest type of dog is ( besides a chihuahua [sp]) one that would be good in an apartment. and also another question is that how come some of the york terriers that i saw look like dragons? here is an example at here scroll down to the one named eliza.

Guest lovecrumbs

^ that dog doesnt look like a dragon?? LOL. other small puppies... i know malteses stay small. pugs? i think they stay small (i'm not too sure) but they are really fat lol. bichons? i think thats how you spell it. shitzus. toy poodles?

oh. i thought it looked like a chinese dragon? you know those really big ones with the round elaborate faces? not the western evil dragons. i think thats why i really like it but i just hope it won't grow out if that face and into a regular york's face. i think it is going to be good luck if it stays looking like that.

here i will show you

chin0610064554.jpg

the "dog"

DSC07228-544x598.jpg

oh yeah and does anyone have a hedgehog pet?

porcupine-baby.jpg

are they easier than dogs to take care of

Guest HELena16

hmm, im getting a dog but like im not sure which breed. . HELP PLEASE. .i want something small and like non shedding.

and can anyone tell me some sites to buy pets in toronto ?

hmm, im getting a dog but like im not sure which breed. . HELP PLEASE. .i want something small and like non shedding.

and can anyone tell me some sites to buy pets in toronto ?

you can go to pjs pet store in yorkdale. but its expensive there. but they sell small dogs there. like maltese, schnouzers, yorkies. http://www.small-breed-dogs.com/NonSheddingDogs.html

thats a list of nonshedding dogs.

Guest ROCKiT

oh. i thought it looked like a chinese dragon? you know those really big ones with the round elaborate faces? not the western evil dragons. i think thats why i really like it but i just hope it won't grow out if that face and into a regular york's face. i think it is going to be good luck if it stays looking like that.

here i will show you

%7Boption%7Dchin0610064554.jpg

the "dog"

%7Boption%7DDSC07228-544x598.jpg

oh yeah and does anyone have a hedgehog pet?

%7Boption%7Dporcupine-baby.jpg

are they easier than dogs to take care of

Shitzu looks like that when they are small. i had one. ):

And i'm in Lion Dance. it's not chinese dragon, it's lion. XP

and i took it to the practice and everyone was saying it looks exactly like the lion!!

So shitzu sometimes might look like it. they're really cute and caring. the one i had was. (:

Guest andyroxs

oh wow what a coincidence i used to live in toronto... right next to markville mall... and the pjs there was so bad, it smelled horrible and the dogs were really expensive. Better to buy from a breeder... you should get a maltese, i have one now and shes sooo sweet, she loves people but she still bites people for fun, something that worries me because shes already 7 months old

Archived