P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Guest Swtess

Well I'm getting a yorkie pup this weekend and I'm just wondering, are they hard to train?

The lady said that its in the middle of potty train with its wet pad thingy.

It's 8-9 weeks old already.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saggiorpiioxgalaxy

Thanks so much for the information and link.

I had trouble googling how much baby red eared sliders should eat.

It's already been 3 years and it's grown a lot!

You're welcome~

3 years! I didn't know it's 3 yrs old.

I think you can feed it veggies tgt with 2/3 pellets already.

Carrots are a good veggie to start, turtles like them.

The vitamin A is good for eyes.

But do not make it a staple food though, it's high in oxalates which is bad for them.

Here's a food information chart for iguanas, can be used for turtles too.

Shows the kind of food they can eat and their nutrition values.

Food Chart

Guest sushiwhore

Does anyone here have fish? o_o

i have a cichlid and i jsut wanted to know if anyone has one too so i can discuss ^_ ^

my fish is named wallace he's very agresssive =( many ppl in my family thinks he's just pure evil but i think he's very cute o_O

he just hit the glass liek crazy heh =(

my yorkie doesn't get along with other dogs. i guess we didn't let it interact or socialize with other dogs when it was a puppy but whenever a puppy or dog comes near her, she runs away bc she's scared or she wants us to hold her. any suggestions?

Guest geneyoonit

i love fish...

anyway... i hav a pretty big tank.. and my platys mated.. and had several children...

is there anyway to make them unmate w/out putting them in separate tanks??

my father calls me like.. every month (from america) and he's like.. THERE ARE MORE BABIES! and im part excited and part scared.. cuz most of the babies get eaten... ><

any ideas?

Guest sushiwhore

^ Woah fish with attitude!

o_o he gets hungry easily too i have to feed him 7-8 times a day or else he'll like get super pissed off and if i'm up late at night and my light or any light is on and is showing on his tank and he can't sleep he'll get grumpy at you

=( i have to feed him with spoon sometimes becuase he's to lazy to get the food himself so i have to ather the food to his mouth @_@

<3 but i love him lots i care for him teh most in our family o_O he ony bites me so i dont knwo if thats a sign of affection or hatred =O

and he's super smart too he's like a doggie <3 and he only loves his treats..

=( aish he's spoiled @_@

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/sushi...82735082117.flv

his vid

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Does anyone here have fish? o_o

i have a cichlid and i jsut wanted to know if anyone has one too so i can discuss ^_ ^

my fish is named wallace he's very agresssive =( many ppl in my family thinks he's just pure evil but i think he's very cute o_O

he just hit the glass liek crazy heh =(

Most cichlids are aggressive, but usually only when they're with other fish. If you have like 2-4 they'll be aggressive. If you have more, they'll be more intimidated of each other and settle down.... usually.

My dad bought 2 convict cichlids and threw them in my spare tank. Problem was, it's a freshwater tank. Yep, one died in like two days. Dad moved second one to my main goldfish/koi tank.

That one got owned pretty quickly.

Judging from your video, your fish seems rather annoyed being watched and being mocked by your moving finger/hand.

i love fish...

anyway... i hav a pretty big tank.. and my platys mated.. and had several children...

is there anyway to make them unmate w/out putting them in separate tanks??

my father calls me like.. every month (from america) and he's like.. THERE ARE MORE BABIES! and im part excited and part scared.. cuz most of the babies get eaten... ><

any ideas?

Nah, you're pretty screwed. You could find out when it's mating season and separate them with a tank divider when that happens.

Guest sushiwhore

meh wallace is always like that he's pissed off at everyone T_T

=( o well i still love him he is a midas... i believe the most agresive from central america so yah =( many red devils are mea like him but not as fast <3 o_o

Guest joolee.

Well I'm getting a yorkie pup this weekend and I'm just wondering, are they hard to train?

The lady said that its in the middle of potty train with its wet pad thingy.

It's 8-9 weeks old already.

In my opinion, Yorkies are smart. Mine already knew to go outside to pee by scratching the back door once I took it home. O__o

Guest shronie_x3

some guy gave us his dog a week ago. the thing is.. he isn`t really potty-trained. i mean, he knows to go to the bathroom outside, but sometimes he comes in and pees on the couch or the bed.

my mom tried tying him up in the bathroom and put one of those training pad things in there. we`ve left him in there for the majority of the day for like 5 days and he just doesn`t go to the bathroom. using anything like treats and stuff to lure him in, but he won`t go. he`ll just keep it in. i really want to teach him to go in there, cause sometimes we stay out for a long time and there`s no one at home to walk the dog outside.

he`s around 3. i really don`t know why the previous owner didn`t potty-train him. --;;

does anyone have any advice on how to potty-train?

Guest KooZyAnn

some guy gave us his dog a week ago. the thing is.. he isn`t really potty-trained. i mean, he knows to go to the bathroom outside, but sometimes he comes in and pees on the couch or the bed.

my mom tried tying him up in the bathroom and put one of those training pad things in there. we`ve left him in there for the majority of the day for like 5 days and he just doesn`t go to the bathroom. using anything like treats and stuff to lure him in, but he won`t go. he`ll just keep it in. i really want to teach him to go in there, cause sometimes we stay out for a long time and there`s no one at home to walk the dog outside.

he`s around 3. i really don`t know why the previous owner didn`t potty-train him. --;;

After he eats/drinks..take him out immediately and then wait for him to go. When he does, give him a treat and act as if he scored a jackpot. lol That's what I do. Or you can always take a class at petsmart for it. It's about $15 for potty training.

After he eats/drinks..take him out immediately and then wait for him to go. When he does, give him a treat and act as if he scored a jackpot. lol That's what I do. Or you can always take a class at petsmart for it. It's about $15 for potty training.

Exactly what I do too. But I just let my dog go to my backyard, but if we aren`t home, he knows to use the bathroom.

I guess they have to be taught when they are still puppies, it`ll be much harder since the dog is much older.

^ it doesn't really take that long--dogs are smarter than most people I've known...anywhere from 2 (the dog we had at the time was practically stolen from the abusive morons across the street--he was never allowed in the house--but that's how long it took for him to get the message) or 3 days to two weeks. maybe a little more.

yep, and it works really well--they're happy with the praise, and that you're happy too. Don't forget to take your dog out when he first gets up, or before you go to bed too...it won't take him long to get used to you, and his daily 'to do' list. lol

Guest skwannabe

I'm looking into selling puppies my dog gave to birth awhile ago. Craigslist don't have a section for pets, so i was wondering, if anyone can provide a good place to sell pets locally?

Guest KooZyAnn

I'm looking into selling puppies my dog gave to birth awhile ago. Craigslist don't have a section for pets, so i was wondering, if anyone can provide a good place to sell pets locally?

I don't have any experience with this but sometimes I see people in the grass near Target or Walmart.

Rule 4: Absolutely no pet for sale ads, or pet giveaways.

Please don't talk about selling pets in this thread.

Archived