♥️♥️♥️Yoon Kye Sang 윤계상♥️♥️♥️

Admin

Hi all, whenever I think of YKS or see his clips or pics, he gives me this nice feeling which I don't know how to describe. Lee Kang is so different from YKS yet he portrayed the character so well. Without the BTSs and without all these digging by us on his past projects, we wouldn't have known the versatility in YKS. Such an adorable man in his early 40s who is naturally the boy next door! Even his responses to those fast questions posted above were hilarious.

I watched CLOY too and I like Hyun Bin too (esp when I was years late in jumping on the Secret Garden bandwagon). But somehow, I am still a little more drawn to Chocolate and their main leads. Maybe the story was more melodramatic and their sadness more subtle? It was just nice to watch LK's transformation to come to terms with loving CY. Whereas in CLOY, there is a lot going on with the story (which of course it was a very popular and high rated drama), but I just liked the weaving of LK and CY's storyline. I just didnt feel the need to invest so much time in all the BTS, etc. Perhaps it is just me.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@ChocolateMei hahaha woah chingu thx for that hahaha i really laughed at those two hunks being sick in those photos! You're so artistic! Loved it loved it! hahaha yes i need those double therapy fr these two handsome guys LOLs You made my w/end already wheewww!

Hope you and our other YKS squads here also enjoy the w/end in spite of having still to deal with the WS fr Choco and CLOY, it's like ordering double double from In N & Burger hahaha

Wave wave to @Lawyerh@thanie@im0202@AquariusMY @Ameera Ali& others pls excuse me for not remembering who tag here now lols

@AquariusMY u'r not the only one who felt that way in comparison with the love story of LK/CY compared to CLOY JH/SR one of my friends who are also addicted to both felt the same way! She also felt more emotional about Choco lovers & for some reason or another albeit it's two diff kdramas there's something hard to put into words now that I heard you and my friend about this. LOLs i dunno what it is hahaha but Choco seems to left us with that feeling that seemingly impossible to let go of, not that I'm over CLOY but....i still dunno what it is hahaha

Are some of our YKS squad feeling this too? Pls don't be shy! hahaha:wub: share it w/us!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Ameera Ali chingu howdy? long time no see/hear? hehehe where are you spazzing these days aftr CLOY wrapped last wk? Still in the WS mode? I am too so I can't seem to recover from both these good dramas, like they say in kdramas - oettokke oettokke (what to do, what to do?) LOLs the only refuge i must say is to stay in touch w/you beautiful chingus here/there! Pls don't forget about your Choco friends and CLOY friends ok? I miss your cute gifs and very artistic masterpieces while we all were too anxious for these two dramas:joy:!! What are you watching these days? :) as well as our other YKS squads here @Lawyerh you'd been quiet chingu bz with other kdramas huh? @im0202 still not finished with LAST are you? hahaha @thanie watching new drama? hehehe @ChocolateMei i tried rewatching SG but still not recovered fr WS hahaha other YKS squad wave wave

TTYL all chingus!!:glasses:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@hibiscus23 I finished 'Last'! Hahaha. Nothing beats 'Chocolate' though... :tears: I miss Lee Kang so much...

BTW I came across this on IG... Never would have imagined YKS in sageuk costume!!! LOL :joy:

Anyone watched this movie before?? 

Movie: Red Carpet

Synopsis: Adult movie director Jung-Woo (Yoon Kye Sang) dreams of working as a regular commercial film director. Eun-Soo (Go Joon Hee) is a commercial film actress, who began her career when she was a child. After Jung-Woo meets Eun-Soo he faces enormous changes in his life.

• Love 1

@hibiscus23

Having WS is a real problem isn’t it? Hahaha. I’m glad that photo of the two hunks made you laugh! Im not that creative as you think. The Instagram posters are the creative ones. They’re so good at making gifs and captions. Just like our chingu @Ameera Ali and @Lawyerh :kiss_wink:

I’m also still rewatching some episodes of Chocolate from time to time. As @AquariusMY mentioned, there’s something very special about the love story of Kang and Cha Young. It’s the kind of love that stands the test of time, even though I’m not a fan of childhood connection first loves, their story for some reason works for me. I think credit should also be given  to the writer for a dramatic build up in the anticipation of their love story. The episode when they went back to Wando Island and when Kang held Cha Young while she slept then cooked for her was one of my favorite episodes. 

Off topic:

Spoiler

Anyone waiting for Park Min Young’s drama next week? It looks good based from the preview. Also Kim Tae Hee’s new Drama Hi Bye Mama seem interesting. 

Till next time chingus! Take care! :blush: Hoping to hear from other fans of YKS too, if they are visiting this thread.. Hello to everyone!!

Hi @im0202 I just saw your post after I posted mine and had to log back in because that clip of YKS in sageuk attire is too gorgeous! Hahaha! Thanks for digging and posting it here! :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@ChocolateMei annyeong chingu yeah it's hard to get over these handsome actors woah LOLs:lol: I'm not creative too like our chingus @Ameera Ali and @Lawyerh they're so good in making gifs etc. :blush: I did hv a good laugh and thanks again for easing the pain/s from WS hahaha hehehe kekeke as Koreans would say!

Likewise, I also think same as our chingu @AquariusMY that the love story in Choco drama with our YKS and beautiful HJW are quite poignant and i think bc of their cute beginnings in childhood up to the time they're adults! I also find them both pure in this story which made it more wholesome to watch! Their love for one another is so deep in every sense of the word! :heart:and like you said and i quote here:

The episode when they went back to Wando Island and when Kang held Cha Young while she slept then cooked for her was one of my favorite episodes. 

Yes indeed, that's one of the episodes that was heart-warming plus when CY was watching him sleep was quite cute as well and very touching (as pictured below)

I also plan to watch some of Choco episodes as soon as time permits! :) This drama was just too addictive that it sort of lingers in us even after it ended, much like CLOY I guess but in different ways!

photos-new-stills-added-for-the-korean-d

cr: Tumbral.com

Below is one of my fave scenes as well, actually i got so many fave scenes and i just can't seem to post all of them here LOLs :)

988f2464854ebde1e67dbbba1fa89e952ebe0ca2

cr: Tumgir

anyway, that other drama you mentioned

Spoiler

i think i'd like the drama of KTH as well but is it next week already? the one with PMY not sure, i'm not really liking that actress, sorry hahaha

Do you know @ChocolateMei if HJW has her own thread here at soompi by any chance? :)

Let's continue to support our YKS and HJW YKS squad and see u soon other fellow squads @thanie :)@Ameera Ali@im0202 and all!!! sorry if i can't tag all, got so many chingus i'm not sure if it's CLOY or Choco or Forest that i'm tagging anymore lols!:anguished:

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Hi all!

This is my first time posting... and from mobile too so please excuse any mistakes. I just can’t seem to get over Chocolate. My friends are all obsessed with Crash Landing but I couldn’t get into it at all. The quiet romance of Chocolate was much more intriguing for me personally & while everyone was talking about the other couple’s chemistry I think our Chocolate couple’s is off the charts! I’m not a shipper but this couple really seems to have a connection.  No offense to Honey Lee— I actually really like her too and not trying to start rumors but have you guys seen Ha Ji Won’s recent Instagram posts? It seems to hint strongly that she’s in a relationship. Since the breakup rumors last year I don’t think it’s a stretch to think YKS could possibly be dating HJW. But who knows- whatever makes them happy it’s just fun to observe from the sidelines. 

I remember being crazy about YKS in The Greatest Love years ago. Glad he’s still doing well and I’m sooo happy I discovered his music too. I was a big Exo fan when they were really huge and thought god were nothing much exciting when they made their comeback. Now I can’t stop watching their old videos! No wonder they are so popular. They always make me smile. 

anyway. Don’t mean to offend anyone just wanted to stop by and say thanks to you all for the posts. They’re much appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Aww you’re welcome and it was my pleasure! @hibiscus23 I hope it did help with your WS... it’s something all of us drama-obsessed viewers go through... and those photo and gif you posted are just the right kind of stuff that can soothe the lingering WS. I have so many favorite scenes of our Choco OTP as well.. probably every scene they have together esp towards the last part were all just heart fluttering :wub:

About your question:

Spoiler

Yes, Ha JiWon has her own thread here too if you’d like to check it out. There are a lot of stuff that are posted there and sometimes with recent updates of her vlog and instagram posts.

When I see her, I’m still reminded of Moon Cha Young .. they are so alike!

About the other dramas:

Spoiler

I see you’re watching Forest now? 

Im guessing the ML is your favorite too? He’s the one in your profile pic am I right?

Oh Kim Tae Hee’s drama has started already! I think it’s already 2 episodes. I watched about half of episode one but I’m not sure if I want to continue though cause the storyline might not have a happy ending. :huh:

Aw you’ve made me curious why you don’t like PMY haha ... I saw her in Healer she was ok there. I think this current one with Seo Kang Joon seems like a good melo. I’m drawn towards their characters’ story and the way the drama is filmed (cinematography and music) gives it a heartwarming feel. 

@Soomin

Hello and good to see another YKS fan!

I’m always glad to read when people write good things about YKS and Chocolate (and also HJW). I can relate to your sentiment regarding Choco OTP vs CLOY Couple ( no offense meant to their fans) I’m a fan of all the stars in these two dramas but I really do prefer Lee Kang and Cha Young’s love story too! And yes, I agree with you on their chemistry! It’s so hard because even as we really love their drama, we can’t really ship them. We have to respect that there may be boundaries. Although I will say this, I’ll be one of the happy fans if someday we find out that there is something more... 

• Like 1

Hello to you chingus @Lawyerh woah those are gifts fr fans? lovely! yeah i think @ChocolateMei and I are top shippers of them hahaha:D

@ChocolateMei thx for that info chingu i'll check it out!

Spoiler

You guessed it right the ML Park hae jin is one of my faves albeit i must admit other K actors like HB, YKS, SSH, SJS, KNG among the ones whom I've known in Kdramas bef I got to like PHJ and the rest is history lols!

Re that actress PMY, i can't explain into words but first time seeing her in SSK Scandal drama, she just didn't grow on me hehehe but she's a good actress no doubt, somehow she doesn't click on my taste hahaha sorry if you like her chingu! Re KTH drama ummh i dunno if i shld start, the synopsis may not be one of those that tickles my fancy hahaha fussy fan i am eh?

Hello & welcome to @Soomin nice for you to join here and now that you mentioned about Chocolate couple compared to CLOY this is not the first time I read about the comparison of the two dramas in terms of the OTPs :) - i myself can't seem to describe it into words! LK/CY did have a great impact on viewers I guess bc of how they started being fond of each other since they were young and then met again during their adulthood -- must be one of the things that left some viewers, if not all,

Spoiler

with that diff kind of feeling compared to JH/SR love story! I must admit I was also into the CLOY lovers and still suffering from WS as we call it hahaha

Now that you mentioned about HJW IG i'm now curious to go and see what they have been talking about her relationship! Ummh i also have nothing against LH but @ChocolateMei and I are top shippers of YKS/HJW & just in case the rumors of break-up (with LH) is true, then he's free to date someone right? :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

Now that you mentioned about HJW IG i'm now curious to go and see what they have been talking about her relationship!

Let me know if you see anything of a hint to her seeing anyone. Am curious too as HJW did mentioned about her cooking kimchi fried rice (did I remember this correctly?) as the first meal she cooked for her boyfriend.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Let me know if you see anything of a hint to her seeing anyone. Am curious too as HJW did mentioned about her cooking kimchi fried rice (did I remember this correctly?) as the first meal she cooked for her boyfriend.

And didn’t she say she made a chocolate cake for her boyfriend in one of her interviews? I’m either seriously delusional or totally on the money but she’s been acting like a woman in love. and it would be just too amazing if it happened to be YKS.

she recently posted the Coldplay song “Cry Cry Cry” ... look up the lyrics. Also she keeps posting Chocolate bars, which is fine and innocuous or whatever but it’s seeming to me like a lot of hinting. And the pic of two little robots and the caption you&I? 

I should probably post this in the HJW thread but I figured the moon river shippers here would maybe appreciate my train of thought here lol

re: the CLOY couple— it’s much more of an epic romance but the slow burn romance in chocolate was just perfect. I wished they’d gotten together just a little sooner or maybe gone a few more episodes to flesh out the ending but it’s still my favorite series in the last season at least. I love strong masculine leading men like YKS. As an avid kdrama viewer it’s nice to see a guy who looks like he doesn’t care too much about his makeup! I was amazed when I saw his funny side in bts videos and with his band.  

The apron scene just took my breath away. I’m always saying Korean dramas are much more romantic than western shows because they remind me of the old movies in that they are not explicit— who would have thought putting on an apron could be breathtakingly romantic?  It was so cute when HJW tried on the apron fans got her. Regardless if she dates YKS ever, I think she’s totally got a crush on him. Anyway thanks for being so welcoming!! Glad I found this fun group of chingus

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Annyeong chingu, would like to share my thoughts on YKS in Chocolate. He’s such a “deep” actor where I really can feel for LK. His acting impacts me most in episode 15, particularly the ending scene after he found out who’s the chocolate ahjumma. 

The LK-MCY story really touched me great time.. lol.. YKS-HJW nailed it perfectly and honestly, I like to listen to YKS’ narration.. “To those of you, who are walking by my side now. Thank you”

P/s: I’m a new YKS convert after Chocolate

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Soomin said:

As an avid kdrama viewer it’s nice to see a guy who looks like he doesn’t care too much about his makeup!

Totally read my thoughts! I said this before in either this forum or the Chocolate forum. YKS is different from the rest because I felt he is low maintenance. He didnt need the powder on his face and hair fixing all the time. 

Why is it that I get excited each time I read about him and all of our similar views of this man?? 

Help! I went to search #yoonkyesang and went through posts after posts about him and Chocolate. There were scenes of Chocolate that instantly brought me back to those nostalgic feelings that we felt while getting ourselves worked up over the drama. Just when I could move on from the withdrawal syndrome, I think I just got myself stuck right into it again. The more I watch Yoon Kye Sang in Chocolate, the more I like him / Lee Kang. To me, YKS is LK and vice versa. I do not know who I am more attracted to. I like both YKS and LK!  And the way he treats CY as a man in love was exceptional. He truly loved and respected her. Remember how he kissed and hugged her? He was right, they wasted so much time that he had to hugged her tightly in those kisses! Not to forget he couldn't refrain from kissing her in his living room too. 

His parts in English as a judge in the cooking competition in Greece was exceptional. I need to rewatch that! 

I need YKS right now. How to get rid of my withdrawal syndrome??

• Like 3

On 2/25/2020 at 10:57 AM, AquariusMY said:

----- AquarusMY also said:

YKS is different from the rest because I felt he is low maintenance. He didnt need the powder on his face and hair fixing all the time. 

I sure will but so far with all the many pages/postings on her IG i haven't come across any hint/s or it cld be fr old posting i dunno! she's i think one of those K actresses who's really a private person but we might be surprised one day to hear something about her b/f and more so if we all know/root for this lucky guy :)

I also agree w/you about YKS as you said he's low maintenance and i must say, he's one of those K actors who's really in that 'flowerboy' kinda beauty but he's very manly and i reckon that's one of his assets if you will!

18 hours ago, Soomin said:

I should probably post this in the HJW thread but I figured the moon river shippers here would maybe appreciate my train of thought here lol

re: the CLOY couple— it’s much more of an epic romance but the slow burn romance in chocolate was just perfect. I wished they’d gotten together just a little sooner or maybe gone a few more episodes to flesh out the ending but it’s still my favorite series in the last season at least. I love strong masculine leading men like YKS.

The apron scene just took my breath away. I’m always saying Korean dramas are much more romantic than western shows because they remind me of the old movies in that they are not explicit— who would have thought putting on an apron could be breathtakingly romantic?  It was so cute when HJW tried on the apron fans got her. Regardless if she dates YKS ever, I think she’s totally got a crush on him. Anyway thanks for being so welcoming!! Glad I found this fun group of chingus

@Soomin it's nice to hv you here & i enjoyed your thots about YKS and Choco drama! I agree & much as i'd like to quote ev.thing you said, i'll just included some of them such as HJW - you did the right thing 'moon river shippers' wldnt mind at all right other chingus? :) Re the chocolate ending i did wished they'd gotten sooner (too) and that a few more (added or extended) epi wld've really made the ending great! We can all agree YKS is what you said a strong masculine leading man!

Awww how about that apron scene right, it's one of my fave scenes and u can tell fr the signatures i got on here hahaha!

You know since I came to find our about Kdramas, I seldom watch Western movies or in the US soap operas! Kdramas are more wholesome, their romance can just leave it your imagination and did not need to showcase all the lurid scenes!

Well happy you can join here & pls feel free to come again & chat with our great YKS squad here! :blush:

• Like 2

Thank you all for being so welcoming! :grin:

I’m eternally on mobile so I can’t really figure out how to put pictures but I can’t remember if someone posted the most recent pic of YKS at a play? He looks so cute and happy. I love the fluffy hair— reminds me of another one of my favorite scenes when Cha Young sees him after thinking he was gone forever and she cries in the snow. The director did such a good thoughtful job of making moments like those poignant. I also loved the part she narrates while she watched him pick up the boxes in the rain when she wonders what kind of man that sweet little boy became because she knew he was a good person. Ugh I need to rewatch!

also still listening to the OST. My favorite song is Special for no reason in particular other than that it is a beautiful song. 

• Like 2

Welcome to the thread @ym21 and @Soomin!! So happy to see new people hehe. Chocolate is such a wonderful drama that I feel many people are missing out on. And both YKS and HJW are great in it.

I’m sad we probably have to wait awhile before YKS decides on his next project... usually actors take some break after each drama. Hoping it won’t be too long!

@hibiscus23 @AquariusMY Agree on the ‘low-maintenance’ bit I think most of the older singers (as in the older idol singers in their 30s-40s) are more like that... That’s why they’re also funnier in varieties because they let loose more and don’t care about how they look onscreen so much. Often times the ‘natural’ look is just more attractive! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@im0202@AquariusMY yes indeed it's true! i also agree w/you about the 'natural' look and just for example our YKS and HJW i'd think in Choco drama their makeup were very minimal if i'm not mistaken!

wave wave to all our chingus here! i promised myself not to post too much since it's

Spoiler

Lent Season but i can't help it, i'd say i won't be here often but will check here fr time to time, just to observe and reflect more on this Lenten Season! :)

• Like 2

@Lawyerh hehehe u made me laugh:joy:, I know what you meant! maybe i'll stick to just abstaining fr meat but not oppas as you said! I'll be here once in a while coz i can't stay away hahaha God will forgive me! Woah i swoon with that photo! LOLs he's dead gorgeous!

BTW i came across hancinema

Spoiler

and they're filming Outlaws season 2 but our YKS is not a part of it i think bc his character was already killed in firs Outlaws movie yikes too bad eh?

wave to all YKS squad! i'll visit here once in a while so if you're wondering why u'r not seeing much of me that's my Lent obligation! but like lawyerh said i can't seem to part for Oppas hahaha

• LOL 1

19 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@Lawyerh hehehe u made me laugh:joy:, I know what you meant! maybe i'll stick to just abstaining fr meat but not oppas as you said! I'll be here once in a while coz i can't stay away hahaha God will forgive me! Woah i swoon with that photo! LOLs he's dead gorgeous!

BTW i came across hancinema

Hide contents

and they're filming Outlaws season 2 but our YKS is not a part of it i think bc his character was already killed in firs Outlaws movie yikes too bad eh?

wave to all YKS squad! i'll visit here once in a while so if you're wondering why u'r not seeing much of me that's my Lent obligation! but like lawyerh said i can't seem to part for Oppas hahaha

Stupid YouTube keeps recommending chocolate BTS.... I can’t stop watching!! Ahhhh 

who else loved his look in Outlaws? I thought the ponytail was gorgeous. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2