Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

@orion Yes, it's really sad considering the fact that it is a Busan project. Is Busan not part of Korea? Haha I wasn't able to find the whole Camellia movie. I tried to google 'Kamome' earlier, no complete video links. It was also difficult to search Love for Sale even though two top stars of Korea starred in it. Good thing, someone posted a video link somewhere in youtube. I was able to watch it finally in dailymotion. It literally took me months to search. Seriously. Haha

ELLE Korea will be released on 25 May!and photos that were taken in Paris in Jan this year is also finally unveiled!

credit dcelle2zps2cbda5e7.jpg

can't wait ^ ^-----------------
Band of Thieves/Island/Kundo starts filming this month with full casts
img1307586399511580.jpg
Kim min hee refused this film in the end so the director chose Yoon ji hye instead...http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201304151700221110

the rumor about hgi & kdw is finally not true!  ^ ^
"The Bestiz user claims that the content of such a rumor was never found anywhere on the internet until written by Choi Chang Ryul on DC Gallery, which can be seen in his post history (another rumor he made up was the one regarding Han Ga In/Kang Dong Won/Yun Jung Hoon), and then picked up by Sports Seoul."
source

Guest rkspp

@oceanluv
This Choi Chang Ryul seems to have been the cause of many baseless rumors! He's being criticised for the whole situation on Suzy. Good to know this rumor is not true. Sports Seoul should not have picked up such a rumor in the first place.

Also, I am super excited to see more pictures from Elle!

@oceanluv I think I owe you and the others in this thread an apology. I mentioned about that "rumor" here, I felt so bad. However I am soooooo happy that it turned out false.

Dongwonnie, I'm so sorry. Stay healthy! Good luck with the filming <3

^don't feel so bad and you don't owe us...we know you just wanted to know the fact not because you trusted that rumor so you mentioned it here... it is good that this has been cleared about so don't worry be happy :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: http://bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=2683

Most beloved actor and model Kang Dong-won to cover fashion magazine

4qavbkkhboh8l3bsygbrimp.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun] One of Korea's most famous actors/models Kang Dong-won has returned in two years through fashion magazine ELLE.

Kang Dong-won, who just finished military service in Korea has returned to his fans through a fashion magazine. Although he was absent for nearly two years and a half, Kang still looked stunning and did not age at all.

In this month, the magazine’s topic is ‘Most wanted 27 men’ and this edition was made for men’s special. In the interview, Kang talked about his fashion theory, and how he feels about attending 2013 F/W Paris men’s collection as a VIP guest and shooting a new movie ‘A Gang of Robbers.’

During the interview, he said that he wanted to just jump to the stage because the fashion show he attended as VIP was by his most favorite designer Hedi Slimane Saint Laurent.

Kang has returned more attractively and maturely. His fashion pictorial in Paris and episodes of attending the collection can be found in fashion magazine ELLE’s May edition.

(photo by ELLE)

Write: 2013-04-19 10:13:52 / Update: 2013-04-19 11:20:41

The bnt news provides the latest news coming with 6 languages including Korean, English and French leading not only cultural but also industrial Korean waves. All rights, including copyright ⓒbntnews.co.kr, in the content of these bnt news site are owned or controlled for these purposes by the bnt news.

Guest jjsweeter0211

CELEBRITY NEWS
Kang Dong-won in May’s Elle magazine

by javabeans | April 19, 2013 |

kangdongwon_elle2.jpg

Kang Dong-won (Secret Reunion, Jeon Woo-chi) has been out of the army for a while now, and yet, we continue to wait for his big comeback. I suppose this photo shoot for May’s issue of Elle magazine, for which he’s the cover model, will have to tide us over.

Because yes, while he’s had one photo shoot since his army discharge and announced a couple projects — a short film, Hide and Seek, and historical film Band of Thieves — we won’t be able to watch them for a while yet.

Of those, Band of Thieves seems the more interesting project (plus it’s a feature, not a short) with Ha Jung-woo set to play the Hong Gil-dong-esque hero in a low-born-man-turns-into-Joseon-hero storyline, with Kang Dong-won playing a nobleman’s illegitimate son. (Which was also one of Hong Gil-dong’s most famous traits, shaping him into becoming the noble bandit.) They’ll be pitted against each other as enemies, but I expect that to shift as the story unfolds. Nuthin’ a little bromance can’t cure, right? Should be good action-y fun.

There’s also an accompanying interview with Kang Dong-won in the magazine (and more photos, of course), but really, I just want him to do another drama. I know that’s hardly likely given that he’s been focusing on films exclusively for most of the past decade (his last drama was 2004′s Magic), but a girl can hope, right? Hope makes the world go round; don’t kill it!

kangdongwon_elle1.jpg

Via My Daily

Thanks @oceanluv for the awesome pics!

Pics from Twitter: Kang Dong Won's in Changwon on Apr 21.
changwon1a_zps38f66b10.jpg

changwon2a_zps9dccb78a.jpg

By looking at the background, he was at the new Cafe G in Changwon!

cafegchangwon1_zpsa20f7aca.jpg

cafegchangwon2_zps8308d6ff.jpg

cafegchangwon3_zpse2ca4c6b.jpg

Cafe G photos: credit to DC Gallery

Kang Dong-Won, one family with Song Hye-Gyo…exclusive contract with UAA

2013/04/22(Mon) 19:41
On the 22nd, UAA announced the fact that they have scouted Kang Dong-Won, announcing "We expect Kang Dong-Won to have a synergy effect together with UAA, which offers integrated service of a new concept." A united agency UAA is a company co-founded by UP(United Pictures), a movie investment production company, and a law firm The Firm(representative lawyer Jeong Cheol-Seung) in the first half of 2012. 

UAA also drew up a business contract with ATN, a company founded by a universal movie producer Terence Chang, and EFFIGIES, a European agency which has its head office in Paris, France, trying to help their actors to work not only in Korea but also in foreign countries. 

Kang Dong-Won is preparing to film a movie after being discharged from the army in 2012. He currently finished filming director Kim Ji-Oon's short movie 'Hide and Seek.' source: http://www.innolife.co.kr/list.php?ac_id=3&ai_id=5711 I can't help it but my shipping heart's about to burst! I'm so happy  :D

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "Kang Dong Won Signs with Song Hye Gyo’s Agency
jnkm April 22, 2013
Kang Dong Won Signs with Song Hye Gyo’s Agency

Actor Kang Dong Won has recently joined Song Hye Gyo‘s agency.

On April 22, United Artist Agency (UAA) has announced that they recently signed Kang Dong Won.

UAA is a joint agency with the film distribution company, United Pictures, and the legal firm, The FIRM.

UAA also signed a joint business agreement with Terence Chang‘s ATN, which is headquartered in Beijing, China, and EFFIGIES, which is headquartered in Paris, France. Not only is the UAA active within Korea but their overseas activities are strong as well.

Sources from UAA commented, “We think that Kang Dong Won will bring about a great synergy effect with UAA as it offers innovative joint services.”

Meanwhile, Kang Dong Won is preparing for the upcoming film, “Band of Thieves,” which is directed by Yoon Jong Bin. Ha Jung Woo is also part of the cast of this film.

http://www.soompi.com/2013/04/22/kang-dong-won-signs-with-song-hye-gyos-agency/

Guest YunRa1430270238

crixa said:

Kang Dong-Won, one family with Song Hye-Gyo…exclusive contract with UAA

2013/04/22(Mon) 19:41
On the 22nd, UAA announced the fact that they have scouted Kang Dong-Won, announcing "We expect Kang Dong-Won to have a synergy effect together with UAA, which offers integrated service of a new concept." A united agency UAA is a company co-founded by UP(United Pictures), a movie investment production company, and a law firm The Firm(representative lawyer Jeong Cheol-Seung) in the first half of 2012. 

UAA also drew up a business contract with ATN, a company founded by a universal movie producer Terence Chang, and EFFIGIES, a European agency which has its head office in Paris, France, trying to help their actors to work not only in Korea but also in foreign countries. 

Kang Dong-Won is preparing to film a movie after being discharged from the army in 2012. He currently finished filming director Kim Ji-Oon's short movie 'Hide and Seek.' source: http://www.innolife.co.kr/list.php?ac_id=3&ai_id=5711 I can't help it but my shipping heart's about to burst! I'm so happy  :D

Guest kdramafanusa

Original article: http://enews24.interest.me/news/article.asp?nsID=150872
Translated article: http://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/contents.asp?idx=34570

Ha Jung Woo and Kang Dong Won′s ′Band of Thieves′ Confirms Its Cast

2013-04-23 15:01  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld An So Hyoun
Translation Credit : Erika Kim

Band of Thieves, the film to star Ha Jung Woo and Kang Dong Won, will start filming late April.

On April 23, the film′s production company Showbox commented that "casting for Band of Thieves has been confirmed, and the actors got together in Nonhyeon-dong Gangnam-gu, Seoul on April 19 to pray for the film′s success."

63075647.jpg

Band of Thieves is about thieves that tried to be on the side of the more general public in the 10th year of Cheoljong, a king of Joseon. Aristocrats and figures of power had been oppressive, exploiting those lesser in rank than them.

The film is led by director Yoon Jong Bin of Nameless Gangster, and has also been gathering interest for being Kang Dong Won′s first piece since his release from the army.

Ha Jung Woo will be playing a butcher named Dol Moo Chi, who comes to join the band due to a misunderstanding. Kang Dong Won will be at odds with Moo Chi as Jo Yoon, a warrior that has no match in all of Joseon. He is the child of the concubine of a rich man.

Lee Kyeong Yeong will appear as the mood-maker of the band, Lee Sung Min as the leader and Cho Jin Woong as a thief who used to be an aristocrat.

The film also features Ma Dong Seok, Yoon Ji Hye, Song Young Chang, Jeong Man Sik, Kim Sung Kyun, Kim Hae Suk, Han Ye Ri and more.

Photo credit: Showbox

I think it's good that DongWon joining a small agency yet with affiliation with China and France/Europe. He will get better treatment and attention from the agency. Perhaps being in a small agency or free agen is less stressful. Like hajiwon recently who decided to make her own management. I just found out that KimBum also has his own management. Or shin minah and hyun bin who established their own agency. Plus DongWon might also get divers project offers, from Korea, China, and Europe. Since it's a small agency DongWon and Kyo would probably share the same staffs so it's not strange to see Kyo's staff working for DongWon too. DongWon also said he enjoys attending fashion show, the agency in Paris could help him linking with the fashion industry. Speculated for having or not having special relation with Kyo is not a matter. However they're all only speculations, none of them gave their confirmation. Me, I'm happy that he's back in business again. Soon we'll be able to see him rocks the cinema again. DongWon fighting!!