K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lavender

ppl who ordered from dvdfromkorea--do u guys know how much is the shipping..since they r from korea how much do they charge shipping to us?

im planning to get my my girl dvd set there in the future and i might purchase snow white since they have it..

The shipping charge for the Resurrection DVD from dvdfromkorea is $15.99.

^ if you use paypal on dvdfromkorea.com, you get like 2% off... that's still a couple dollars off, since kdramas are so expensive!!!

since there's a sale, i might buy a few more sets... perhaps from dvdheaven, since their prices are slightly lower.

Guest tari_lovez_rich

HELLO, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I COULD PURCHASE THE KOREAN DRAMA - 3 LEAFED CLOVER FEAT. HYORI??? W/ ENGLISH SUBS? PLZ RESPOND AND THANKS!

can't remember who previously posted...but it had some info from Tom explaining why they can't get the rights to Special Features/Extras. it's not like, YA can't afford to buy the rights to it...it's that SBS/MBC won't let them. so, can't really attack YA for that...and...about them adding a couple of episodes from other dramas...it's only to help promote the other series they have released. don't think there's anything wrong w/ that.

Here's my original post regarding this issue. Basically, angelxsmile is right; we can't really blame the people at YAE because they are trying their best to get the extras. They know we want them. BUT it's the Korean manufacturers that are licensed with SBS/MBC that are currently holding a monopoly over the bonuses and won't let YAE have access to them.

Also, "My Girl" is being released in the summer because SBS specifically denied YAE from releasing it sooner. They want the fans that cannot wait for the YAE version to purchase the SBS Media release. That way, they can ensure a profit. Sounds reasonable for them, but to us fans (especially me) I'm going crazy with the wait! :w00t:

clauric Posted Today, 02:12 PM

^there is no english subs available for 3 leafed clover...

I'm also very curious to see Hyori in this drama but haven't been successful in finding an English subbed version. I can't even find the Chinese Engrish version! :( The series couldn't have been that bad, could it?

hmmmm... does anyone know if the loveholic dvd subs are good? i saw the first episode and im interested in watching the rest.. and its on sale at dvdfromkorea.com for only 56.00 USD and thats pretty cheap :mellow: i wouldnt be so mad purchasing it even if its bad because i didnt get ripped off buying it :vicx: lol.. btw does anyone know dvdfromkorea's shipping rate? :wacko:

Also, "My Girl" is being released in the summer because SBS specifically denied YAE from releasing it sooner. They want the fans that cannot wait for the YAE version to purchase the SBS Media release. That way, they can ensure a profit. Sounds reasonable for them, but to us fans (especially me) I'm going crazy with the wait!

I don't blame the company for wanting a profit, but I have a couple questions/comments:

#1 with the English subs be better on their version or on the YAE version?

#2 will fans in North America (those who normally order through YA) even be ABLE to purchase some of these Korean versions? I mean, I had to order "Resurrection" through the Global YA site, have it shipped to a friend in the UK and then have him ship it to me in the US! I don't want to go through this with "My Girl" or any other future purchases

#3 aren't they kind of almost forcing some of us to go buy bootlegs off of Ebay as a last resort?

PiffleSprite-the subs should be good since it's produced by BITWIN..well i guess dvdfromkorea is having a sale--but keep in mind that they r located from korea so the shipping will cost more..and yeah no free shipping opportunity like YA

hmm mj07--my assumption..i think it's going to be like the case of kbs america..boo hoo...

but yeah thank god for dvdfromkorea--

and i do hope that sbs will at least make good effort on making their esubs coz im going to buy their copy..

hmmmm... does anyone know if the loveholic dvd subs are good? i saw the first episode and im interested in watching the rest.. and its on sale at dvdfromkorea.com for only 56.00 USD and thats pretty cheap :mellow: i wouldnt be so mad purchasing it even if its bad because i didnt get ripped off buying it :vicx: lol.. btw does anyone know dvdfromkorea's shipping rate? :wacko:

the english subs on LOVEHOLIC are excellent. i bought my copy from dvdfromkorea. i think i paid about $10 or so for shipping and it arrived w/in a week.

I don't blame the company for wanting a profit, but I have a couple questions/comments:

#1 with the English subs be better on their version or on the YAE version?

#2 will fans in North America (those who normally order through YA) even be ABLE to purchase some of these Korean versions? I mean, I had to order "Resurrection" through the Global YA site, have it shipped to a friend in the UK and then have him ship it to me in the US! I don't want to go through this with "My Girl" or any other future purchases

#3 aren't they kind of almost forcing some of us to go buy bootlegs off of Ebay as a last resort?

the only dramas that YA are NOT able to sell on their US site, are KBS dramas. MY GIRL is a SBS drama...therefore, the Korean release of MY GIRL will probably be sold on North America YesAsia, as well. but, YA will not be able to release their version until this summer. so far, the english subtitling on most of the Korean SBS releases have been very bad (if not subbed by YA). the only two i know of that have good english subtitling from SBS are, LOVERS IN PARIS and ALL IN.

question..how long does tom answer his email?

i emailed him n it's been a week n i just really want a definite answer whether they will sell my girl in the NA yesasia site..i mean at least put it in the coming soon page like in the global site..

the english subs on LOVEHOLIC are excellent. i bought my copy from dvdfromkorea. i think i paid about $10 or so for shipping and it arrived w/in a week.

the only dramas that YA are NOT able to sell on their US site, are KBS dramas. MY GIRL is a SBS drama...therefore, the Korean release of MY GIRL will probably be sold on North America YesAsia, as well. but, YA will not be able to release their version until this summer. so far, the english subtitling on most of the Korean SBS releases have been very bad (if not subbed by YA). the only two i know of that have good english subtitling from SBS are, LOVERS IN PARIS and ALL IN.

ahhh... thanks for clearing that up. So, my assumption at this point is if I want the MY GIRL set with good subs I should wait however long it takes for YAE to put their version out? Well, I suppose that gives me time to save my pennies!

Guest kevjc07

I had never heard of www.dvdfromkorea.com until I read about it in this thread. I'm interested in purchasing Resurrection, and I was wondering if the dvdfromkorea.com version had good subs. So, creidesca, please post about the quality of the subs when you watch it ^_^

question..how long does tom answer his email?

i emailed him n it's been a week n i just really want a definite answer whether they will sell my girl in the NA yesasia site..i mean at least put it in the coming soon page like in the global site..

he usually gets back pretty soon i hear, from blitzy, carla.

ahhh... thanks for clearing that up. So, my assumption at this point is if I want the MY GIRL set with good subs I should wait however long it takes for YAE to put their version out? Well, I suppose that gives me time to save my pennies!

Add, GREEN ROSE, to the list of good subs from SBS. But, I guess, wait till the Korean version of MY GIRL comes out and see what other ppl say about the subtitling.

Add, GREEN ROSE, to the list of good subs from SBS. But, I guess, wait till the Korean version of MY GIRL comes out and see what other ppl say about the subtitling.

weren't there some problems w/ the Green Rose DVD set? in the later discs of the drama there's a complete section where there's no audio and then another section where only korean subs appeared but not the english subs even when it was set to english subs??

Archived